Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Early Will I Seek Thee Devotionals (connect Daily With Jesus Via His Words) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Early Will I Seek Thee Devotionals (connect Daily With Jesus Via His Words) (996 Views)

The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? / Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Early Will I Seek Thee Devotionals (connect Daily With Jesus Via His Words) by chinoify: 3:47am On Jan 02, 2016
DISCOVERING LIFE’S PURPOSE

READ THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR (Day 1---- Genesis 1 - 2, Matthew 1)

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

TODAY’S REFLECTION
Those who know and follow God’s direction will experience spiritual peace, joy, and contentment. To discover our life’s purpose, the first step—which makes all the other steps possible—is to receive Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. In other words, we must be saved.

Our part in salvation is to acknowledge we are sinners—to admit to God that we've lived in rebellion against Him because we wanted our own way (Romans 3:23). Professing our belief that Jesus’ death on the cross fully paid our sin debt, we ask God’s forgiveness.

Recognizing Jesus as personal Savior and Lord, we commit our life to Him (Romans 10:9; Galatians 2:20; 1 John 1:9). Since He is now in charge, our orders and direction will come from Him. Having become part of God’s family, we have His Spirit to help us discover and carry out our Father’s plan.

God’s purpose for His children includes sanctification, stewardship, and service. Sanctification describes continual growth in holiness. The Holy Spirit, with our cooperation, will transform our character to be more like the Lord’s. Stewardship means managing—according to God’s priorities—the time, talents, and treasure He has given us. And service for the kingdom is to mark our life, as it marked the life of Jesus (Matthew 20:28). We serve our Father by obediently ministering to others.

As we each seek the Lord’s specific plan for us, we can be confident that it will include character transformation, investment of our resources for His kingdom, and ministry to others.

Join us here from 4th January – 12th February 2016 as we embark on 40-DAYS-SOUL-FAST-TEACHINGS.

Sign-up for early will I seek thee devotionals on… http://iseekthee.com

Like us on Facebook… https://www.facebook.com/earlywilliseekthee
#1,000,000 Souls for JESUS#
Re: Early Will I Seek Thee Devotionals (connect Daily With Jesus Via His Words) by chinoify: 6:05am On Jan 03, 2016
A BALANCED SCHEDULE

READ THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR (Day 2 – Genesis 3 – 5, Matthew 2)

Ephesians 5:15-17
15 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise,

16 making the most of your time, because the days are evil.

17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

TODAY’S REFLECTION
We often think seconds are not very important. But seconds tick away into minutes, minutes into hours, and hours into days. We have all been amazed at how swiftly days turn into weeks, months, and years. Think of it this way: a 70-year-old has lived the equivalent of about two billion, two hundred seven million, five hundred and twenty thousand seconds!

While you read that last sentence, about five seconds of your life elapsed, and you can never go back and decide to use them differently. As small as they are, seconds are precious because they are a creation and a gift of God. How we use even these small time increments makes a difference. Since our heavenly Father has a plan for each life—that we live for His purpose and His will—then we must consider how we spend not just years, months, and days, but even minutes and seconds. And the time to decide is now, before any more of your life passes by.

Understanding the value of each moment, the apostle Paul urged us, “Be careful how you walk . . . making the most of your time, because the days are evil” (Ephesians 5:15-16). In essence, he is instructing us, “Take advantage of every opportunity God gives you. Don’t waste your time!” Let Jesus be your role model for keeping a balanced schedule. He knew that spending time with the Father was the most important thing He could do. Follow His example, and begin each day in the Father’s presence. He will help you arrange your schedule and can make every second count.
God Bless You.

Join us here from 4th January – 12th February 2016 as we embark on 40-DAYS-SOUL-FAST-TEACHINGS.

Sign-up for early will I seek thee devotionals on… http://iseekthee.com

Re: Early Will I Seek Thee Devotionals (connect Daily With Jesus Via His Words) by chinoify: 4:44am On Jan 04, 2016
40-Days-Soul-Fast (DAY 1)

Beloved; join me on this 40-Days-Soul-Fast which at the end will help us discover who we are. Discovering who you are, will help erase the mentality of living someone else’s script of a patterned life. (Go to school, get a job, get married, train your children before death comes knocking ).

BE YOURSELF!!!

(To Be yourself is to Find Yourself and Focus On God, that way you can make an impact in life….)

Matthew 10:39; He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. (KJV)
Jesus was a man full of purpose. He knew his purpose, and he lived with priorities. The earliest statement we have from Jesus was when he was 12 years old and said, “I must be about my Father’s business.” At age 12, he already knew his life plan. He was focused. Then, at the end of his life, he said, “It is finished.” Those are the bookends of a successful life.

I want you to live a successful life. I want you to get to the end of your life and say, “I did it. I used my life the way God wanted me. I may have had a rocky start. But I used the rest of my life the way God wanted me to use it. And I put him first.” (Mathew 6:33)

Jesus said in Luke 12:30, “For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.” (KJV). What does that mean? It means that when you worry, you’re acting like an atheist. Worry is practical atheism. It’s saying you don’t really believe God’s going to take care of you. It’s acting like an orphan. A state of being hopeless.

Jesus also said in verse 31, “But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.” All the other things in your life — your career, your education, your friendships, your romance, your finances — are all from God and are good. But if you’re a Christian, God comes first in your life. Everything else is second place. When you put him first, everything else will come into focus. God will help you with that.

Have you ever talked to people who say, “I'm just trying to find myself”? I hate to tell them, but they’re never going to find themselves — unless they do what Matthew 10:39 says: “If your first concern is to look after yourself, you’ll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you’ll find both yourself and me” (MSG).

Everything in society says it’s all about you. All of the advertisements say it’s all about you: “Have it your way,” “We do it all for you,” “You deserve a break today,” “Obey your thirst,” “You’re worth it.”

Yet God says the only way you’re ever going to find yourself is by forgetting yourself and focusing on God. Then you’ll not only figure out God; you’ll also figure out you. That’s what it means to live like Jesus.

Every day you need to give yourself entirely to God. Say, "Lord, I am Yours. I want to be a vessel fit for Your use. I dedicate myself to You: I give You my hands, my mouth, my mind, my body, my money, and my time. Father, here I am. I am Yours; do with me whatever You want to do today."

God Bless you…. Join me again tomorrow, as we continue on this. Its gonna be life changing.

Praise God!!!
Re: Early Will I Seek Thee Devotionals (connect Daily With Jesus Via His Words) by completey(f): 7:47am On Jan 04, 2016
Alleluia!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Early Will I Seek Thee Devotionals (connect Daily With Jesus Via His Words) by chinoify: 5:17am On Jan 05, 2016
40-Days-Soul-Fast (DAY 2)
READ THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR (Day 4 – Genesis 8 - 10, Matthew 4)

FREEDOM FROM SELF-SABOTAGE: FULFILLING YOUR POTENTIAL!!!
(Break self-destructive activities, thoughts, and cycles of failure)

Ephesians 4:22-24 (NKJV)
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

What is Self-Sabotage?
Self-Sabotage is the unconscious sabotaging/disrupting of best intentions that hinder some people from reaching their full potential and can stop others from enjoying the success they have achieved.

Self-Sabotage is a state of being that holds us in an energetic vibration where we cannot receive what we really desire because we are attracting that which sabotages our hopes, dreams, aspirations, relationships, career, etc.

Our inner saboteur is often activated when strong emotions are surging. An internal chaos of feelings, including destructive emotions will be dominating. Destructive emotions are those emotions that compel us to repeat self-destructive acts do something that harms ourselves, or someone else if we allow ourselves to be controlled by them. These can include negative emotions and behaviour such as fear, low self-esteem, timidity, jealousy and envy, criticism, hatred, pessimism, laziness, sense of futility, frustration, panic, anger, rage, arrogance, greed, as well as perfectionist tendencies which accept little as good enough.

Self-sabotage can lead to anxiety disorders including depression.

How Do I Recognise if I am Self-Sabotaging?

The areas most affected by self-sabotage occur in relationships, personal finance, health and career.

Most of us have an inkling, or may indeed be fully aware, that we jeopardise our joy. It is the extent to which, and the multitudinous ways in which we do so (as well as the deep-seated reasons for this dysfunctional behaviour), that is rarely faced, embraced, understood and healed.

Here are some examples of self-sabotage, but there are many others:

• Repeating unwanted patterns of behaviour;
• Inability to commit to or hold on to long term relationships;
• Saying you want something then doing things that ensure it doesn't happen;
• Eating/drinking/doing things that compromise your health, wellbeing and effectiveness;
• Making positive changes in your habits only to slip back into old ways;
• Failure to complete what you start;
• Finding the perfect job but missing the deadline for submission of the application;
• Saving money for a holiday then blowing it all on a big spending spree;
• Achieving happiness or success but behaving in ways that jeopardise it/damage it and ultimately lead to you losing it;
• Joining a gym but being too busy to attend (then having fits of guilt about it);
• Doing well at school, college, university then 'being ill' or manifesting some other situation to prevent you completing;
• Reaching a plateau in an area of your life and being unable to progress no matter how you try;
• Feeling as if someone or something is standing in the way of all of your efforts;
• Procrastination ("the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday." Napoleon Hill);
• Lacking motivation to complete as a deadline draws near;
• Perfectionism (Self-defeating thoughts and behaviours associated with high and unrealistic goals; feeling that whatever you accomplish is never quite good enough; believing you must give more than 100% in everything otherwise you'll be judged as mediocre or even a failure);
• Impostor Syndrome (Feeling you are only acting out being talented/capable/good . . . and fearing being found out to be less than what others believe you to be).

Self-sabotage can frequently be traced back – not to fear of failure, but to fear of 'greatness'. As Nelson Mandela says: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.”

It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
And don't make the mistake of assuming that people you admire and perhaps put on a pedestal (wrongly believing they are more accomplished, skilled, wealthier, with better contacts . . . than you), have it all sorted. History attests to the numerous dignitaries and celebrities with their achievements, celebrity, fame, fortune, etc. who, despite outward appearances, experience extreme anguish behind the façade of success.
PS: you don’t need an organised deliverance section or spiritual cleansing to achieve this, you only need to study the Bible and expand your thought.

God Bless you…. Join me again tomorrow, as we continue on this. It's gonna be life changing. I know someone is blessed already….

Praise God!!!

Re: Early Will I Seek Thee Devotionals (connect Daily With Jesus Via His Words) by chinoify: 5:10am On Jan 06, 2016
SET CLEAR BOUNDARIES FOR YOURSELF AND HELP OTHERS TO RESPECT THEM.
(it’s not “selfish” or unloving to have boundaries and “take care of yourself.”)
40-Days-Soul-Fast (DAY 3)

READ THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR (Day 4 – Genesis 11 - 12, Matthew 5)

Proverbs 25:17 (AMP)
‘Let your foot seldom be in your neighbor’s house, Or he will become tired of you and hate you.’

SET CLEAR BOUNDARIES FOR YOURSELF AND HELP OTHERS TO RESPECT THEM.

Personal boundaries are what define your identity. They’re like the property lines around a home. This is my property and that is not my property. This is me — what I value, am good at, believe, need, or feel — and that is not me.
To know yourself and be secure that you are loved, is essential to all relationships and activities. The better your boundaries of self-awareness and self-definition are, the greater your capacity to offer empathy and love to others. Good boundaries help you to care for others because you have a stable foundation to operate from and are not distracted or depleted by personal insecurities or blind spots.

Jesus, in his Incarnation, had Limits that he Accepted
• Basic Needs. He ate healthy foods, got the sleep he needed and even took naps, took time to relax, and did a lot of walking (Matt 4:6-7; 26:18, 20; John 12:2).
• Support from Friends. He sought the company of friends (Matt 26:36-38).
• Solitude. He withdrew from the crowds to go away on retreat, alone or with friends.
• Singular Focus (This people, this place, this time). He left one city to go to another because he couldn’t be in two places at the same time (Mark 1:38).
• Pace of Life. He was never in a hurry, except to go to Jerusalem and embrace his cross (John 11:6; Mark 10:32).
Jesus Said No to Inappropriate Behavior
• Demands. He withdrew from the crowds who wanted him, for one-on-one time with the Father (Luke 5:15-16).
• Abuse. He fought his way through the crowd that was trying to throw him off a cliff for claiming to be the Messiah (Luke 4:28-30).
• Entitlement. He didn't give in to his mother and brothers who tried to use their relationship with him to pull him away from the crowd he was ministering to (Matthew 12:46-50).
• Baiting Questions. When the religious leaders asked him baiting questions to make him look foolish he answered with incisive questions of his own (Matthew 21:23-27, 22:15-22).
• Cynicism. He said no to Herod’s mocking demand, “Show us a sign that you are the Son of God.” (Luke 23:8-9).
• Manipulation. He said no to Peter and the disciples who had an inappropriate agenda for Jesus to a political king or military warrior rather than a sacrificial lamb. (Matthew 16:23).
• Pride. He didn’t heal those who were too proud to trust Him (Matthew 13:58).

Jesus Spoke the Truth in Love to those Stuck or Wrong
• Exploitation. He used a whip to clear out the temple of the vendors and money changers who were taking advantage of the poor and turning God’s house into a marketplace (Matthew 21:12-17, John 2:12-16).
• Addiction. He told the Rich Young Ruler that he couldn’t help him until he gave away the money that was controlling him (Matthew 19:16-21).
• Misguided. He rebuked the disciples who tried to keep the little children away from him and told them that they needed to emulate the children’s faith (Matthew 19:13-15).
Jesus Had Expectations for People in Need
• What do you want? Two blind men called out to him for help from the Jericho road. He asked them, “What do you want me to do for you?” They needed to ask for what they needed and they needed to trust Him (Matthew 20:29-34).
• Do you want to get well? For 38 years the invalid at the Sheep gate pool hadn’t been able to get into the miracle waters. Jesus challenged him, “Do you want to get well?… It was up to him to be motivated and to take responsibility for himself (John 5:1-14).
• Do you believe? A father sought deliverance for his son who was mute and had seizures and said to Jesus, “If you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.” Jesus put it back on the father, “`If you can’? Everything is possible for him who believes.” The father needed to believe that Jesus could cure his son (Mark 9:17-27).
Jesus Taught us Examples of how to be Setting Boundaries
• Personal Prayer Time: “But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen” (Matthew 6:6).
• Be Honest and Direct (Don’t Pressure People or Try to Get Them to Do Things): “Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one” (Matthew 5:37).
• Set Priorities: “No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other” (Luke 16:13).
• Please God, Not People: “How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?” (John 5:44).
• Obey God: “What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’ ‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went. Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go. Which of the two did what his father wanted?” “’The first,’ they answered” (Matthew 21:28-31).

God Bless you…. Join me again tomorrow, as we continue on this. It's gonna be life changing. I know someone is blessed already….

Praise God!!!

Re: Early Will I Seek Thee Devotionals (connect Daily With Jesus Via His Words) by ernie1234(m): 11:22am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice and Inspiring..........please always include which Day.......

1 Like

Re: Early Will I Seek Thee Devotionals (connect Daily With Jesus Via His Words) by chinoify: 5:01am On Jan 07, 2016
YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY.
(So stop being all things to everyone)

40-Days-Soul-Fast (DAY 4) 7/1/2016

READ THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR (Day 5 – Genesis 13 - 15, Matthew 6)

Romans 12:18 (NIV)
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY.

Have you realized that there are some people you can't please? No matter what you do or what you try or how nice you are to them. You just can't please everybody.

But the Bible tells says you don't need to please everybody. "It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you." (Proverbs 29:25 LB) It's an emotional trap when you start worrying about what other people think. We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't even like -- all because we think we must be liked by everyone in order to be happy.

Jesus said, "I only seek to please Him who sent me." (John 5:30 LB) Even Jesus didn't try to please everybody. One person wants it to rain; another doesn't want it to rain.
In Luke 6:26 Jesus said, "Woe to you when all men speak well of you." (NIV) That's probably because the only time everybody's going to speak well of anyone is at his/her funeral!

I meet Christians all the time who must live with someone who makes life crazy. Every day they face someone who is an EGR (Extra Grace Required). They say, "I try and try to make peace with this person, but I fail and I feel so guilty." The fact is, it may not be your fault. It may be the person you're trying to make peace with is just flat out difficult.

Focus on pleasing the creator and not the creation.

Praise God!!!

Re: Early Will I Seek Thee Devotionals (connect Daily With Jesus Via His Words) by chinoify: 5:40am On Jan 08, 2016
DELIVERING ON YOUR PROMISES
40-Days-Soul-Fast (DAY 5) 8/1/2016
READ THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR (Day 4 – Genesis 16 - 18, Matthew 7)

(Matthew 23:19–22, ESV).
“You blind men! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that makes the gift sacred? So whoever swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. And whoever swears by the temple swears by it and by him who dwells in it. And whoever swears by heaven swears by the throne of God and by him who sits upon it”

DELIVERING ON YOUR PROMISES

One of the greatest disappointments is when people say they will do things, but won't. They commit to action, but their commitment is conditional. What they really mean is they’ll fulfill their promise if it works out for them.
Jesus unloads on promise-breaking hypocrisy. He points out the lengths people will go to create a technicality or loophole to squirm out of promises. We want the benefits of a promise without the cost of commitment. Often, despite our promises, we want to keep our options open.

People of integrity give their word and keep it, regardless of the cost. Significant commitments have one thing in common: they get tested. Whether it’s a commitment to our Savior for eternity or to a spouse for life, those promises will not be left unchallenged. Psalm 15:4 commends the person “who swears to his own hurt and does not change.”

We all face times when it would be a lot easier to go in a different direction. And we have to expect that if we give our word on something, it will cost us.
Pay what you vow. Deliver what you promise, or don’t promise. That’s what sincere, honest people do. Hypocrites squirm out of promises they don’t want to keep.

Consider your promises to God. What have you committed to Him? A promise to tithe, to share your faith, to obey Him? How are you tempted to look for technicalities to invalidate your commitments?

Consider your promises to others. When you tell your spouse, “I’ll take care of this; you can count on me,” how faithfully do you follow through? Whether it’s changing a light bulb or a bad habit, if you say you’ll do it, then do it.

Keep your word! Promises have been described like babies: easy to make and hard to deliver. Commitments always come with a cost and if your word can’t be trusted, you can’t be trusted.

Praise God!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Died For Three Days!!! / Did Jesus (PBUH ) Celebrate Xmas / Pakistani Christian Woman Is Gang-raped And Threatened By Muslim Attackers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.