Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone (38372 Views)

7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone / How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension / God Will Continue To Bless Airtel Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

When I mean android, I mean stock android.

It's now stock android u meant. See how u are switching lanes. Where in your article and any where in the thread did you write stock android? When u were making your comparisons ain't it android oems u made mention of ?

Keep switching lanes
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Emeka71(m): 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

I don't understand. What are you trying to say
From the way the people use i-phone is boring no fun at all(just snapping pictures and reading BIBLE).
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
ollah1:

It's now stock android u meant. See how u are switching lanes. Where in your article and any where in the thread did you write stock android? When u were making your comparisons ain't it android oems u made mention of ?

Keep switching lanes
Dude don't mix up things abeg

My article was directed to all android manufacturers not the operating system.

But if I was talking of the operating system before in your argument, I was talking of stock android

Btw touchwiz or sense, ios is a better os when it comes to overall performance...
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
Emeka71:
From the way the people use i-phone is boring no fun at all(just snapping pictures and reading BIBLE).
Okay...this is what you observe in church right?

You that is using "android" in the same church

What did you do with your phone "in the church" that was more fun than the iPhone user?
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Dude don't mix up things abeg

My article was directed to all android manufacturers not the operating system.

But if I was talking of the operating system before in your argument, I was talking of stock android

Btw touchwiz or sense, ios is a better os when it comes to overall performance...

You can't talk about OEMS without talking about Android and you can't talk about Android and discuss about only stock Android.
I disagree with you with your last line. You youtube test earlier comparing iPhone 6 and MTC M8 and its was a close call despite the latter being on a previous OS build.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
ollah1:

When you talk about these things you should always complete it. IPhone 6s plus runs on the latest iOS which is optimised to consume less battery. Marshmallow is also optimised to consume less battery but note5 is still running on lollipop isn't battery friendly.

Note5 battery will smoke iPhone 6s plus battery when it gets updated cos the latter offer just few mins better battery life than the earlier

Umm , we don't know about that yet, so let note 5 get marshmallow before we conclude , but as it is right now, iPhone 6s plus has a better battery life even with smaller battery. Just accept it, apple knows how to make things work from smaller specs.

Look, I decided to use galaxy note 5 in my arguments because it is still the best all round android phone out there, better than nexus 6p with marshmallow. Nexus 6p has 3,450 mah battery and it runs marshmallow but galaxy note 5 has a battery battery life, Google it urself. IPhone 6s plus with 2,750mah has a far better battery life than nexus 6p with 3,450mah. Oya check it out on gsmarena, follow the link.

http://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

Need me to say more?

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Umm , we don't know about that yet, so let note 5 get marshmallow before we conclude , but as it is right now, iPhone 6s plus has a better battery life even with smaller battery. Just accept it, apple knows how to make things work from smaller specs.

Nobody is disputing that. Again, if you are familiar with the SoC. Its very efficient and effective battery wise just like the Exynos 7420 found on the Samsung high ends last year. Combining an Efficient SoC with a battery friendly OS makes the iPhone 6s plus battery good.

Lollipop isn't battery friendly, number one killer of the Note 5 battery
Touchwiz is aggresive, number two killer of Note 5 battery

You should consider these things. Less i forget, you should also consider other things the guy(Note 5) pushes. It pushes QHD as against FHD on the iPhone 6s plus and It also pushed the s pen that can't be found on iPhone 6s plus..

But as always, it would be left out since its Samsung and Android.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
ollah1:

Nobody is disputing that. Again, if you are familiar with the SoC. Its very efficient and effective battery wise just like the Exynos 7420 found on the Samsung high ends last year. Combining an Efficient SoC with a battery friendly OS makes the iPhone 6s plus battery good.

Lollipop isn't battery friendly, number one killer of the Note 5 battery
Touchwiz is aggresive, number two killer of Note 5 battery

You should consider these things. Less i forget, you should also consider other things the guy(Note 5) pushes. It pushes QHD as against FHD on the iPhone 6s plus and It also pushed the s pen that can't be found on iPhone 6s plus..

But as always, it would be left out since its Samsung and Android.

Nexus 6p has 3,450 mah battery and it runs marshmallow but galaxy note 5 has a battery battery life, Google it urself. IPhone 6s plus with 2,750mah has a far better battery life than nexus 6p with 3,450mah. Oya check it out on gsmarena, follow the link.

Need me to say more?
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 7:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
ollah1:

You can't talk about OEMS without talking about Android and you can't talk about Android and discuss about only stock Android.
I disagree with you with your last line. You youtube test earlier comparing iPhone 6 and MTC M8 and its was a close call despite the latter being on a previous OS build.
One has a dual core cpu 1GB ram

The other has an Octa core cpu 3GB ram

And yes I can talk about OEMs without talking about android! Because even some OEMs had rename their own version of the OS like Colour OS and Oxygen OS! So basically every manufacturer has edited android in a way to work better or worse for its phone!!

And android is still android. I personally like to talk about stock android when doing a vs android! Cos if I say android lags, you would say its only on touchwiz on samsung look at htc. Okay, if I now say android does not support multi window, you would say its only on HTC look at samsung.

Meanwhile stock android lags and does not support multi window....even if ios was open to OEMs, stock ios on the iphone does not lag and supports multi window....

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Nexus 6p has 3,450 mah battery and it runs marshmallow but galaxy note 5 has a battery battery life, Google it urself. IPhone 6s plus with 2,750mah has a far better battery life than nexus 6p with 3,450mah. Oya check it out on gsmarena, follow the link.

Need me to say more?

People tend to make mistakes sometimes. Ask yourself, how come these OEMS that buy Sony's sensor have better pictures than one another, afterall its the same sensor they purchased from Sony. What does that tell you? Even Sony itself has never come out ontop before in the camera department with its sensor.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
ollah1:

Sometimes I don't understand how you make your arguments. U mentioned note5 then concluded Google Should do something about android. Is samsung the benchmark of measuring android? I have said it here times without number touchwiz ruins loads of things and the video isn't left out. Use HTC or vanilla for nurses comparisons.

I don't understand u guys, really!

Dude, stop pretending u don't know Samsung Galaxy note 5 is still the most powerful android phone out there. Or why do u think Samsung phones sell even more than nexus phones that are cheaper. Note 5 with touchwiz is more powerful than nexus 6p with marshmallow. It has a better battery life than nexus 6p and nexus 6p has a slightly bigger battery. It has a better camera too even with android 5.1.

Need me to say more? See where they rank nexus 6p.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

One has a dual core cpu 1GB ram

The other has an Octa core cpu 3GB ram

And yes I can talk about OEMs without talking about android! Because even some OEMs had rename their own version of the OS like Colour OS and Oxygen OS! So basically every manufacturer has edited android in a way to work better or worse for its phone!!

And android is still android. I personally like to talk about stock android when doing a vs android! Cos if I say android lags, you would say its only on touchwiz on samsung look at htc. Okay, if I now say android does not support multi window, you would say its only on HTC look at samsung.

Meanwhile stock android lags and does not support multi window....even if ios was open to OEMs, stock ios on the iphone does not lag and supports multi window....

You can't talk about OEMS without talking about Android and vice versa. The renaming isn't on the base, its the overlay or UI. Basically, they are still running on droid. Ever wonder why its not possible doing a versus and leaving out OEMS? Stock is boring just like iOS.

OEMS makes it lively but some ruins it with too much editing
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
ollah1:

People tend to make mistakes sometimes. Ask yourself, how come these OEMS that buy Sony's sensor have better pictures than one another, afterall its the same sensor they purchased from Sony. What does that tell you? Even Sony itself has never come out ontop before in the camera department with its sensor.

Umm, in what was is that related to this argument?

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

I love this line.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
ollah1:

Lags behind in what aspect. I need you to explain.
Android wasn't developed as a camera app, it was developed as an advanced os for cameras.
Yes, my description wasn't so apt, but I was pointing to the obvious: an OS developed for camera OS without a core heritage for mobile telephony is bound to be shaky at its very core.
ollah1:

What updates are you talking about? Apple churns out more updates than anybody else. Atm, ios9 is in 9.2.1 while marshmallow is still in 5.1. What would u say about that?
android marshmallow is 6.0 not 5.1 which is android lollypop. But I reckon You relate OS updates to numbers? Hmm!!
Both the IOS and Android debuted in 2007 and Android has had twelve (12) major updates while Apple has 6 major updates. Let's do the count below:

ANDROID :1- Android 1.0 debuted
2- Android cupcake
3- Android Donut
4- Android Éclair
5-Android Froyo
6-Android Gingerbread
7-Android Honeycomb
8- Android Ice cream Sandwich
9) Android Jellybean
10- Android KitKat
11-Android lollypop
12) Android Marshmallow

Apple debuted with IPhone OS X for the iPhone and did only updates within an existing firmware for 3 years.

The IOS debuted starting as IOS 4 with the iPhone 4.

2- IOS 5 for iPhone 4s

3- IOS 6 for iPhone 5
4-IOS 7 was unleashed with multiple iphone's début ie, iPhone 5s and 5c
5- IOS 8 came with support for iPhone 6 and 6plus
6- IOS 9 came to prepare for iPhone 6sand 6s plus.

Android is the one churning updates not Apple to stabilise its flawed foundation.

***modified**** IOS 9.2.1 is a patch to IOS 9 not a different firmware.

Android KitKat started with 4.4 and Android did patches with 4.4.1 , 4.4.2, 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 . should I follow your numbering as updates android will have reached a thousand updates grin grin

Don't make me doubt you. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Dude, stop pretending u don't know Samsung Galaxy note 5 is still the most powerful android phone out there. Or why do u think Samsung phones sell even more than nexus phones that are cheaper. Note 5 with touchwiz is more powerful than nexus 6p with marshmallow. It has a better battery life than nexus 6p and nexus 6p has a slightly bigger battery. It has a better camera too even with android 5.1.

Need me to say more? See where they rank nexus 6p.
That's how to say it bro. Nailed. Hope he won't discredit gsmarena as biased too grin
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
lezz:
Yes, my description wasn't so apt, but I was pointing to the obvious: an OS developed for camera OS without a core heritage for mobile telephony is bound to be shaky at its very core. android marshmallow is 6.0 not 5.1 which is android lollypop. But I reckon You relate OS updates to numbers? Hmm!!
Both the IOS and Android debuted in 2007 and Android has had twelve (12) major updates while Apple has 6 major updates. Let's do the count below:

ANDROID :1- Android 1.0 debuted
2- Android cupcake
3- Android Donut
4- Android Éclair
5-Android Froyo
6-Android Gingerbread
7-Android Honeycomb
8- Android Ice cream Sandwich
9) Android Jellybean
10- Android KitKat
11-Android lollypop
12) Android Marshmallow

Apple debuted with IPhone OS X for the iPhone and did only updates within an existing firmware for 3 years.

The IOS debuted starting as IOS 4 with the iPhone 4.

2- IOS 5 for iPhone 4s

3- IOS 6 for iPhone 5
4-IOS 7 was unleashed with multiple iphone's début ie, iPhone 5s and 5c
5- IOS 8 came with support for iPhone 6 and 6plus
6- IOS 9 came to prepare for iPhone 6sand 6s plus.

Android is the one churning updates not Apple to stabilise its flawed foundation.

You are keeping this discussions one sided. I actually meant 6.0. You claimed android has more updates than ios while also saying for 3 years Apple updated within same firmware. You are every wrong. They were major upgrades. They didn't just choose to give it a new name. Blackberry and Microsoft have concluded on not changing the name of the current version(BB10 and WIN10) respectively. Would you say they are updating within the same firmware despite it being major upgrades ?

Google chose to given it names and numbers doesn't anything. You are taking as tho IOS is more stable than Android and then I asked you what makes an OS stable. You have refused to answer me

What makes an OS stable?
How is IOS more stable than Android?

Answers pls
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
lezz:
That's how to say it bro. Nailed. Hope he won't discredit gsmarena as biased too grin

Quit been biase and read my reply. You sure can't say u didn't see it
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
ollah1:

You are keeping this discussions one sided. I actually meant 6.0. You claimed android has more updates than ios while also saying for 3 years Apple updated within same firmware. You are every wrong. They were major upgrades.
I'm not wrong. A patch within an existing firmware isn't a firmware change. It is called a patch or bug fix for the original firmware. E.G, Android ice cream Sandwich came as 4.0 and did patches with 4.0.1 ,4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.0.4. These are not a different or new updates, they are patches to 4.0 Sandwich, same thing. So if you count it that way the gap for update will extend further for android against IOS.
ollah1:

They didn't just choose to give it a new name. Blackberry and Microsoft have concluded on not changing the name of the current version(BB10 and WIN10) respectively. Would you say they are updating within the same firmware despite it being major upgrades ?
BB10 is now the new name for BlackBerry OS from RIM, It is not the name of the firmware. Its updates like IOS are in numbers. BB10 has its firmware in numbers which indicates a change in upgrade. I believe bb10 debuted with version 8 or something. Win10 for windows mobile started with windows 7, to 8, 9 and to its current state. There's Obviously a difference.
ollah1:

Google chose to given it names and numbers doesn't anything.
Be sincere, when android names a new firmware by a new name, it is a foundamental change in firmware and operation hence the new name. It is for clearity in identification, function and usuage. When ios changes its first number for its fimware it is for a new and different firmware. Period.
ollah1:

You are taking as tho IOS is more stable than Android and then I asked you what makes an OS stable. You have refused to answer me

What makes an OS stable?
How is IOS more stable than Android?

Answers pls
Why do you keep going in circles? Why repeatedly ask a question to which answers have been provided ?

Scroll through your mentions, please. You're beginning to map the path of derailment here.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
ollah1:

Quit been biase and read my reply. You sure can't say u didn't see it
Only fan boys are biased. I've since evolved away from that. My data supply comes from BlackBerry Q10. (Used to be Tecnos). My main phone is a Samsung galaxy Note 4 upgraded from. S4, from LG 2, G flex and countless others.

Just call me Frank .

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
ollah1:

You can't talk about OEMS without talking about Android and vice versa. The renaming isn't on the base, its the overlay or UI. Basically, they are still running on droid. Ever wonder why its not possible doing a versus and leaving out OEMS? Stock is boring just like iOS.

OEMS makes it lively but some ruins it with too much editing

Stock os is boring? But nexus 6p is selling better than most customised android phone! Ios is boring but iphone has more sales?

Let me ask, what's make samsung TW or HTC sense or LG's UI fun?
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by danidee10(m): 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

1. Fine

2. smiley

3. undecided

4. Dude...forget the middle class who struggle to get an iphone. The iphone is not ment for them.

Anybody that tells you the iphone is better, feels it is better in his own way, or probably the iphone/ mac meets the requirements for what the person needs in a phone/pc.

You think android phones or windows PC are 100% better all round than the iphone/mac...therefore you are 100% wrong. There are many places where android / windows and its hardwares fail where ios on iPhone and mac excels.

You don't know this because
I. You've probably never used an iphone or a mac before. You just naturally hate it.

II. You are biased

III. The iphone/mac does not meet what you'll need in a phone or pc.

IV. You advantage over iphone, is their disadvantage of android.

5. You can build a custom mac pc cos you can't install mac on a non apple product. Its against their terms and condition. But if you still want to try it, there are a lot of videos on youtube on how! And its 100% possible.

A custom pc can't perform better than mac! What do you take mac for? A joke? Mac offers premium and premium users hate slow down and lag. Beside the alienware is super ugly, heavy and looks nothing like a new generation laptop. I would buy a mac 100 times than an alienware! You are lucky I could not find and video on youtube comparing the two latest flagships in performance test, but the mac vs other laptops like the surface book, and dell inspiration, others. The mac win in performance

and benchmark! Watch youtube videos!!!

6. undecided

7. How much is your phone? I hope you know they are people who think you're phone is too expensive? A friend of mine uses galaxy grand prime that cost 35k and my mom said its too expensive for her to use...

What I'm I trying to say? Its the poverty mentality!!

If you know you can't use a touchlite phone of 1500, yet you believe iphone is too expensive for a phone (and other androids that are even more expensive too) and the money can be used to so something else. Like wise some people think your 20k phone is to expensive for a phone and the money can be used to do something else. What ever you think of them is what you are!!!

8. What do you mean by well funded and free and open? And what is can't beat? Are you saying linux (for example ubuntu) is better than mac? And its you that know something?

Biased and hate 100%
Expenrince and self knowledge 0%

"Well funded" = capital
"Free and open" = cost price

Dude I still recommend you borrow brain! I can't be replying you cos I hate talking to illiterates

It's obvious we are two different kinds of users

1. Yeah the macbook is really sleek (Razer blade is just as sleek too) and i like it...my problem is a user who buys the macbook believe it's the best in all areas and start's lying or talking about spec's they don't know about e.g alienware and macbook (The mac book can't come close to the alienware)....Dude you can never compare them if you understand a little about computers and their hardware you'll hide your head in shame that they are comparable but like you said it's for different users....macbook wins in sleekness and battery life and being a general everyday machine

2. Every product has it's own disadvantages but mac/apple users are so blind that they would never agree to disadvantages of their products they just believe it's better than other products in every way which is not true

3. Linux is better than a mac YES for the power users....linux is not just ubuntu only there are several distro's out there and server distributions out there (e.g ubuntu server, cent os etc) over a 100...for example why is nairaland not running on an osx server....do you even think at all...osx is not suitable for enterprise, it's good as a personal machine i'm fortunate to have been in a big organization in nigeria that had money to throw around for computing equipments....they had mac machines, windows and linux servers....the mac machines were only used by those that did a lot of graphic work (the rest were dumped in the offices all those oga's at the top)...most of the staff made use of windows because it's easier to maintain when issues arise and linux were used as their servers (i personally saw a linux computer stay up for over 6 months without needing to reboot), can you carry your mac osx in a small flash drive around you could do that with linux, why do hackers use linux if mac is a better os than it...why are so many hacking tools being made for linux before being ported over (i've never seen someone do pentesting or hacking with mac osx except they use a vm with a form of linux installed)...SO BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND TELL ME MAC IS BETTER THAN LINUX WEIGH THEM UP EQUALLY....and don't tell me about mac mini cuz i will slap your destiny angry

check out the bench mark test on phoronix between ubuntu and osx yosemite (i don't think an el-capitan benchmark has been done) Ubuntu beats osx on so many of the tests ...ubuntu is even more secure than mac osx because apple tends to fix some issues late....a friend and i had this argument and thank God a new exploit had just been discovered in bash...i told him to do an update and i also updated my ubuntu system at the end of the day, the bug had been fixed on ubuntu about 2days after it was released into the wild but his mac was still vulnerable to the bash exploit...moreover most linux distro's including ubuntu run a more updated version of bash compared to mac...

and for christ's sake how would you say a custom built pc can't outperform a mac i feel like electrocuting you, reviving you and repeating the same process again and again till you get sense grin

you just shot yourself in the foot about building a custom mac it's not legally possible....so if a kid wants to learn how a computer works in and out would you recommend a mac...mac (osx and iphone) feel premium cuz their hardware and their os are optimized for each other to provide the best experience not because it's and excellent os or hardware that is out of this world

Even in gaming, how many games does the mac support (without bootcamping and installing windows....it's not fully compatible with steam and the last time i checked steam works flawlessly on linux (Ubuntu too))

Please don't ever compare osx and linux you could compare osx and ubuntu or osx and fedora not the whole linux do you think linux is just ubuntu...linux is everywhere pc's phones, gps, cctv systems, smart tv's etc it's not just a desktop os...though they originated from Unix in a way....today they are very different in their purpose and overall use

I might be biased...but the only thing i've ever liked about apple devices in general is the ui of osx it's very nice....as for the rest iphone, imac, iwhatever they're just crap to me....apple product's have their advantages but the users should know when they are crossing their line and entering into territory where their devices simply can't match up

in the world of linux the customization is endless...mac or win can't match that

You're just an apple fanboy not a power user....i'm not a power user too sha smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 12:48am On Jan 04, 2016
danidee10:

It's obvious we are two different kinds of users

1. Yeah the macbook is really sleek (Razer blade is just as sleek too) and i like it...my problem is a user who buys the macbook believe it's the best in all areas and start's lying or talking about spec's they don't know about e.g alienware and macbook (The mac book can't come close to the alienware)....Dude you can never compare them if you understand a little about computers and their hardware you'll hide your head in shame that they are comparable but like you said it's for different users....macbook wins in sleekness and battery life and being a general everyday machine

2. Every product has it's own disadvantages but mac/apple users are so blind that they would never agree to disadvantages of their products they just believe it's better than other products in every way which is not true

3. Linux is better than a mac YES for the power users....linux is not just ubuntu only there are several distro's out there and server distributions out there (e.g ubuntu server, cent os etc) over a 100...for example why is nairaland not running on an osx server....do you even think at all...osx is not suitable for enterprise, it's good as a personal machine i'm fortunate to have been in a big organization in nigeria that had money to throw around for computing equipments....they had mac machines, windows and linux servers....the mac machines were only used by those that did a lot of graphic work (the rest were dumped in the offices all those oga's at the top)...most of the staff made use of windows because it's easier to maintain when issues arise and linux were used as their servers (i personally saw a linux computer stay up for over 6 months without needing to reboot), can you carry your mac osx in a small flash drive around you could do that with linux, why do hackers use linux if mac is a better os than it...why are so many hacking tools being made for linux before being ported over (i've never seen someone do pentesting or hacking with mac osx except they use a vm with a form of linux installed)...SO BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND TELL ME MAC IS BETTER THAN LINUX WEIGH THEM UP EQUALLY....and don't tell me about mac mini cuz i will slap your destiny angry

check out the bench mark test on phoronix between ubuntu and osx yosemite (i don't think an el-capitan benchmark has been done) Ubuntu beats osx on so many of the tests ...ubuntu is even more secure than mac osx because apple tends to fix some issues late....a friend and i had this argument and thank God a new exploit had just been discovered in bash...i told him to do an update and i also updated my ubuntu system at the end of the day, the bug had been fixed on ubuntu about 2days after it was released into the wild but his mac was still vulnerable to the bash exploit...moreover most linux distro's including ubuntu run a more updated version of bash compared to mac...

and for christ's sake how would you say a custom built pc can't outperform a mac i feel like electrocuting you, reviving you and repeating the same process again and again till you get sense grin

you just shot yourself in the foot about building a custom mac it's not legally possible....so if a kid wants to learn how a computer works in and out would you recommend a mac...mac (osx and iphone) feel premium cuz their hardware and their os are optimized for each other to provide the best experience not because it's and excellent os or hardware that is out of this world

Even in gaming, how many games does the mac support (without bootcamping and installing windows....it's not fully compatible with steam and the last time i checked steam works flawlessly on linux (Ubuntu too))

Please don't ever compare osx and linux you could compare osx and ubuntu or osx and fedora not the whole linux do you think linux is just ubuntu...linux is everywhere pc's phones, gps, cctv systems, smart tv's etc it's not just a desktop os...though they originated from Unix in a way....today they are very different in their purpose and overall use

I might be biased...but the only thing i've ever liked about apple devices in general is the ui of osx it's very nice....as for the rest iphone, imac, iwhatever they're just crap to me....apple product's have their advantages but the users should know when they are crossing their line and entering into territory where their devices simply can't match up

in the world of linux the customization is endless...mac or win can't match that

You're just an apple fanboy not a power user....i'm not a power user too sha smiley

Mtseeeeew complete rubbish!

See you mouth like "I'll slap your distiny" in your life never tell me that again.

You're just to stupiid to argue with

1. ""my problem is a user who buys the macbook believe it's the best in all areas and start's lying or talking about spec's they don't know about e.g alienware and macbook (The mac book can't come close to the alienware)....""

What makes you think alienware is far more powerful than mac? if you remove "macbook" and replace it with 'alienware' in that quoted statement...the "users" become YOU!

Its obvious you 'hate' the mac, and you know one thing about anybody that truly has knowledge on tech products? We don't hate any products and we know where each products excels and where it fails, also we know to what level it excels and to what level it fails! So you hating the mac already tells YOU KNOW NOTHING....

Buy a mac and use it for a year! Then you can comeback and tell me what you dislike about it. Not this one you are rating and yelling up and down off your imaginations about the mac....

2. What is the disadvantage of a mac?

3. Linux is not and would never be better than mac! All the reasons you gave on why linux is better is actually just one reason! Which is LINUX IS bleeping OPEN SOURCE!!! GOD!!!

Mac was not built for games! Likewise any linux distro on pc except steam os! Yes steam is an os based on linux, so what do you mean it works on linux? And why won't it work on ubuntu? They are both based on linux!!

4. And as for the custom pc, built by urself, outperforming a mac? That's just to dumb from a human being..you see all those tablets called bryte, that one guy use to advertise her on NL, you should have also said they would outperform galaxy s6 edge. Mtseeeew.

Use common sense! Are you an engineer? Software programmer? You buy some computer parts and put them together and it would out perform a pc built by series of engineers and software programmers put together?

What do you take the mac book for? A joke? Its so annoying arguing with you cos you don't even know anything then you cannot argue.

Is like We are saying... A is better than B, but if you metion where B is better, I would agree, its not like A is bad, you just hate A so you don't want to hear anything at all, your own is A should go and die!

I swear...don't quote me again...please go and learn before you talk....if you must quote me...post links with prove, video tests and benchmarks results.

By the way I don't use mac, I prefer and use windows...but the fact I eat beans does not mean rice is not a nice food. Please keep amala to yourself.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by echo2(m): 12:49am On Jan 04, 2016
Nice one Karo
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 1:24am On Jan 04, 2016
echo2:
Nice one Karo
Lol.... Identify your self...

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Emeka71(m): 5:46am On Jan 04, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Okay...this is what you observe in church right?

You that is using "android" in the same church

What did you do with your phone "in the church" that was more fun than the iPhone user?
I don't even use Android; I use NOKIA X2-01.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by LordReed(m): 8:57am On Jan 04, 2016
PhonePlanet:

To first prove to you that you don't know what you're saying, Google it self is an american company.

Secondly, there is no where in the world that a single brand out sold apple.

If you are talking of one specific phone maybe but by Brand Apple is not the biggest seller that spot is for Samsung.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 04, 2016
LordReed:

If you are talking of one specific phone maybe but by Brand Apple is not the biggest seller that spot is for Samsung.

U are right. That's because Samsung make every type of phone. Tizen, windows, android... Low end, mid range, flagship.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2016
Emeka71:
I don't even use Android; I use NOKIA X2-01.
Seriously? And you are complaining about iphone?

BTW

Iphone was the phone of the year 2015 on most notable top sites. Its obvious you have little or no experience/knowledge with/about iphone so why judge it? How would you feel is someone pops out from no where and say you're dry and boring...and you've never met the person before?

www.phonearena.com/news/PhoneArena-Awards-2015-Best-Smartphone_id76700

www.cnet.com/uk/topics/phones/best-phones/
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by echo2(m): 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Lol.... Identify your self...
Adebayo
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
echo2:
Adebayo
Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Emeka71(m): 4:47am On Jan 06, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Seriously? And you are complaining about iphone?

BTW

Iphone was the phone of the year 2015 on most notable top sites. Its obvious you have little or no experience/knowledge with/about iphone so why judge it? How would you feel is someone pops out from no where and say you're dry and boring...and you've never met the person before?

www.phonearena.com/news/PhoneArena-Awards-2015-Best-Smartphone_id76700

www.cnet.com/uk/topics/phones/best-phones/

I don't see anything special abt I-phone; I even prefer NOKIA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nokia 4.2 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) / What Is The Worst Phone You've Ever Used Or Cant Recommend? / NTEL Number Reservation Available Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.