Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,030 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:44 AM

‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) (38248 Views)

Oshiomhole Surprises His Blind 'Daughter' On Her Birthday (Photos) / Nigeria: Boko Haram Set To Release 83 More Chibok Girls / Kano Female Suicide Bomber Dyed Her Leg With Henna Before Mission (Graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by dre11(m): 7:22am On Jan 02, 2016
At only 14 months old, baby Aisha Lawal, her own mother’s namesake, has been in hospital for a year and two months with severe burns over nearly half her body. Her hospitalization started in Maiduguri where her family fled on foot and bicycle after Boko Haram attacked their village in Bama, bombing and razing houses to the ground. Recently her family has managed to get to National Hospital, Abuja, where she underwent a four-hour surgery. Surgeons used flesh from her thigh to reconstruct her eyelids, adding flesh to the top and bottom lids.
One of Aisha’s upper eyelids had been turned inside out, and doctors said leaving it unfixed meant Aisha could lose the eye itself due to unprotected exposure. The blast she survived had welded her left arm to her armpit. Surgeons did a skin graft to free the arm from the attachment. Scar tissue and burnt skin still cover visible parts of her body and half her head. The rest of her not visible is wrapped in bandage.
After days in trauma and intensive care unit at the hospital, where Vice President Yemi Osinbajo visited her family, she and her parents-Aisha and Ibrahim Goni Lawal-are now in the hospital’s private wing, with treatment privately paid for by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. Daily Trust met the family.

Daily Trust: Where were you when the attack took place?
Ibrahim Goni:
We were in Bama. It was early, around five in the morning. I was in the mosque but my wife and baby were at home. That was when they attacked the town. Suddenly we heard gunshots. There were soldiers in the town at that time, that’s why we had courage to stay on before it happened.
That morning of the attack, Boko Haram insurgents set our house on fire, with my daughter inside. It was her mother who went into the room to get her. She saved her from the fire.
[Aisha’s] grandmother and my wife took her and left the town. They hired a bicycle. They were carried on the bicycle into the bush along the road to Maiduguri. They spent up to three days in the bush before they reached Maiduguri. They went to a hospital there.

DT: Where were you at that time?
Aisha Lawal: I was in the bathroom. I had just bathed baby Aisha, and she was in the bedroom. I had the baby dressed before I was bathing too. I heard gunshots so I tried to put on my clothes. My baby was crying. I came out running. The house was on fire, and my baby, too. I ran in and pulled her by the leg and brought her out.
She was already burning and screaming when I brought her out. I removed her clothes, which were on fire. I put her in my hijab and ran out with her. We went straight into the bush. The father had fled from the mosque. He didn’t enter the house. From the bush we emerged in a village whose name I don’t know.

DT: How was baby Aisha then?
Ibrahim:
She was crying all through. It was at that village that we hired a bicycle for N1,500. Some people helped us, the moment they saw our situation. The person we hired the bicycle from rode it. We were brought to Konduga on the bicycle and from there buses took us to Maiduguri. They were taking people from Konduga to Maiduguri. There were so many people waiting, the buses had to come back and forth.

DT: How long was the journey from when you entered the bush in Bama to Maiduguri?
Aisha: Forty-five kilometers. We walked more than 45km on foot. We met my husband at the motor park in Maiduguri, where he was already waiting for us.
Ibrahim: When you come to Maiduguri, you don’t enter. You stay on the outskirts. If your people are aboard the inbound vehicle, you meet them. If they are not, you wait for them before you can continue the journey.
We went to Costain Hospital in Maiduguri. We paid for the treatment. Doctor asked when we came, ‘who’s baby is this’? We came forward, and has asked if we had money to treat her. I said yes, we have N20,000. They wrote prescriptions, and I bought the drugs, and they worked on her. For four months, they were writing out prescriptions.

DT: How did you come to Abuja?
Ibrahim:
The Vice President [Yemi Osinbajo] came to Costain to see people affected [in the attack]. Many were pointed out to him. [That was July 1, 2015]. That’s when he said, this particular one, I will handle her treatment personally, and it is not from government money, it will be from my pocket.
One of her eyes doesn’t close, so they said they will work on it so it closes. They have separated her arm from her armpit, which was fused before. Just the hand is left. They have told us that when she grows a little, they can continue work on the hand. They said they will give us time until they finish the work.

DT: How did you manage with her before now?
Ibrahim:
Nothing. We couldn’t do anything. We didn’t have any drugs to give her, couldn’t put anything on her skin. We just held her that way.

DT: How do you handle your daughter’s care?
Ibrahim:
We don’t bathe her. There’s need for it, but we can’t do that. We just clean her up. There are so many bandages on her.

DT: What would you want done to the perpetrators, if they are caught?
Ibrahim:
Whatever punishment the government deems fit.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/-boko-haram-set-our-daughter-on-fire/127027.html

PIC: Aisha Goni Lawal and her daughter, Aisha, at the National Hospital, Abuja

lalasticlala

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by Demmocrats(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2016
She was already burning and screaming when I brought her out. I removed her clothes, which were on fire. I put her in my hijab and ran out with her. We went straight into the bush. The father had fled from the mosque. He didn’t enter the house. From the bush we emerged in a village whose name I don’t know.

Only one sin in the bible that God doesn't forgive, the sin against the holy spirit, but i think this should also be added. This wickedness deserve no forgiveness and the perpetrators deserves a warmth welcome by Satan himself for eternal torture. Can you tell me the crime or sin committed by this innocent baby to warrant such treatment, she has been scared for life. I keep on wondering harming such beautiful baby how will it help them in there course, if they have harmed a politician it would have made sense but harming innocent baby is just the art of a Coward and purposeless group.

Boko Haram your days are numbered. Everything that has a beginning, has an ending its a matter of time.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by INTROVERT(f): 7:24am On Jan 02, 2016
sorry baby.

3 Likes

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 02, 2016
[/color]God these people need to be stopped. That is a baby for God's sake. I wish her good health[color=#990000][color=#990000]God these people need to be stopped. That is a baby for God's sake. I wish her good health[/color][color=#990000][/color]God these people need to be stopped. That is a baby for God's sake. I wish her good health

1 Like

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by madridguy(m): 7:25am On Jan 02, 2016
Yaa Rasululahi....May the wrath of God be upon anyone, group, sect terrorizing our nation. In other news, where are the laminated brain e-goats crying for the release of Dasuki, if this innocent girl can be in pain for months like this, I don't see any reason why Dasuki should be in the comfort of his mansion flexing with arms money. Dasuki must rot in jail.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by Jazzlite: 7:25am On Jan 02, 2016

Seun lalasticlala I need to be unbanned in cartalk section!...... How can I be banned from 2015-december 2018? unfair abuse of power by the moderator
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by VampireeM(f): 7:29am On Jan 02, 2016
God pls heal this baby please cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by madridguy(m): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2016
Amin Yah Allah.

VampireeM:
God pls heal this baby please cry

2 Likes

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by AfricanApple(f): 7:41am On Jan 02, 2016
Jesu!!!
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by juman(m): 7:44am On Jan 02, 2016
Military is more wicked than that.

They should rather recruit bokos also to join them.
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by madridguy(m): 7:48am On Jan 02, 2016
Yet you will still see some brain dead walking corpses shouting Dasuki must be release for the criminal to attend to his health. Several innocent children were no more, many with everlasting disability all because some selfish people. May the wrath of God be upon them and their family that benefited from the arms money, let them cry too as so many families has cried, crying. Get well soon baby Nana Aisha.

Demmocrats:

Only one sin in the bible that God doesn't forgive, the sin against the holy spirit, but i think this should also be added. This wickedness deserve no forgiveness and the perpetrators deserves a warmth welcome by Satan himself for eternal torture. Can you tell me the crime or sin committed by this innocent baby to warrant such treatment, she has been scared for life. I keep on wondering harming such beautiful baby how will it help them in there course, if they have harmed a politician it would have made sense but harming innocent baby is just the art of a Cowardice and purposeless group.

As far as there is God, Boko Haram your days are numbered. Everything that has a beginning, has an ending its a matter of time.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by phlamesG: 7:54am On Jan 02, 2016
Chai cry

People wicked o
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by DaBullIT(m): 8:03am On Jan 02, 2016
May God heal you lil child

But why is man so unfair to mankind ?

2 Likes

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by Omotayor123(f): 8:12am On Jan 02, 2016
I wish her a speedy recovery!! I believe Boko Haram days are numbered!

1 Like

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by Atmmachine(m): 8:37am On Jan 02, 2016
Islam.
The only peaceful and loving religion in the world.

2 Likes

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by Alwaysup: 8:38am On Jan 02, 2016
God help us
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by deeswagger: 8:38am On Jan 02, 2016
Heartless bastards
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by miqos02(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2016
ok
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by Lordave: 8:38am On Jan 02, 2016
Speed recovery.
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by NobleAngell(f): 8:39am On Jan 02, 2016
Ok now this Boko torture has completely gotten out of hand. May God visit His judgment upon every one of them. The Bible has said it, 'surely there's no peace for the wicked '. And so shall it be.

1 Like

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by free2ryhme: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2016
this is wickedness angry
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by ossaisly(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2016
Heartless people. Hope we all can see that these people deserve NO AMNESTY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by laprince(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2016
Distasteful

2 Likes

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by free2ryhme: 8:40am On Jan 02, 2016
This Islamist group are terrorist

2 Likes

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by smoby(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2016
Mark today 2 day the new year it shall neva go well with politicians sitting there doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by egift(m): 8:41am On Jan 02, 2016
This is pure Wickedness.

I wish her a quick recovery.
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by smoby(m): 8:41am On Jan 02, 2016
Mark today 2 day of the new year it shall neva go well with politicians sitting there doing nothing.
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by shepherd77: 8:42am On Jan 02, 2016
Odikwa Serious.

Wishing her speedy recovery.

Dragnet, SHL, Workforce PQ & Answers are available here.
https://www.nairaland.com/2685888/myjob-mobile-app-android

1 Like

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 02, 2016
i advocate that these crazy guys when caught, should be strapped to an electric chair connected to the live wire.

1 Like

Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by ibisko04: 8:43am On Jan 02, 2016
God will take control.
Re: ‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) by mommysgirl(f): 8:43am On Jan 02, 2016
Pretty baby, may God heal u

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra National Guard Loots Shop, Filling Station, Declares War From October 30 / Buhari Has Stayed In London Longer Than Expected - APC / Throwback Photos Of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.