Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears (13930 Views)

Tales Of Abigail / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Rukkydelta(f): 5:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Heart touching

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Jumoke: 30minutes!!
Jide: please, I know you have other better things to do but this is worth it.
Jumoke: i dont have anything to do one the contrary but how do we leave the school?
Jide: *laughs* dont worry i got everything covered. Hmmm, this will be interesting i thought, so i followed him.

We went through the back of the school, i had never been there before. There were lots of broken chairs and tables. he took me through a path that was covered with cob webs. It was dusty and very quiet. At last he we got to a door which I presume to be the way out. But it was locked with chains, I looked at him sarcastically, he smiled; that was awkward. He reached into hia pocket and brought out a cloth which seemed wrapped. He unfolded it, when it got to its last bustop I saw a key. As he wanted to fix it into the mouth of the of the padlock we heard some voices some distance away.

Soon the distant voice was becoming clearer, they were approaching us. On the otherhand Jide was struggling with the paddlock which was stubborn. As he struggled the footsteps approached, I was frightened that we will get caught and the same time waiting agitatedly for Jide to open the door. We soon opened it and he immedaitely locked it. We hid ourselves some steps away from the door. I could hear Mr Richard and Mallam Sanusi talking, Mr Richard was our Physics teacher and Mallam Sanusi our Mathematics teacher. I wonder what they were doing down here. We kept silent but Jide did not hold the key firmly so it slipped and fell to the ground which produced an echoing sound due to the environment. They stopped talking and came cloae to the door, they checked here and there. There was nothing, Mallam Sanusi suggested they went back to the staff room. Mr Richard agreed and they left afterwards.

The coast was clear so we came out from were we his ourselves, Jide went ahead while I stood. i was skeptical about going with him, so he pleaded with me wearing that awesome smile. I agreed and we ran out together. The door led us few blocks from the school, we went across the street, he led the way I just followed. He went to a poll with a bicycle leaning on it. Hop on lets go he said, climbing the bicycle. I was skeptical because i had never seen that type of bicycle before. It had two seats four pedals. He sat at the front while i took the seat behind. I was still skeptical about it but i was curious.

As I hopped on the bicycle I told him I did not know how to ride. He told me not worry, that I should just follow his lead. However, I did not bother where we were going but I was already excited with peddling the bicycle. We had gone few distance away, the strenght that flow through my laps was waning away. I could keep up with peddling. I inquired from Jide if had not gotten to where we were going. Almost there he responded. I know you are already tired, you can stop peddling I will continue he said. I was happy when he said that.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 11:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
Waiting.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 3:40am On Feb 04, 2016
joanee20:
Waiting.
more updates coming soon..miss joanee
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 04, 2016
Voting closes by 11pm today. Hurry and vote for your favourite story of the month.

https://www.nairaland.com/2906633/literature-sections-story-month-award/1#42605785
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Rukkydelta(f): 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
Following
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Chizzyblinks(f): 3:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
Op,pls come and complete this story o

Quite captivating...
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
wazupguy:
more updates coming soon..miss joanee
Still waiting
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 8:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
Here we are Jide said as we got off the bicycle. I waited for him as he tied the bicycle against a pole with chains. I looked skeptically curious around to possibly guess where he will take me into. I had never been this part of town before and its not even far from where I stay. Garden estate so i was called. I use to here about the place. It is nice. It had several beautiful buildings which ranges from fancy restaurants, smoothie bars, Gym and spa centre. Such a pleasant place but I was still not sure yet which one I was going to enter.

C'mon let's go in Jide said; I did not take note of the building behind me. it had no sign on it as did other establishment around. As we got to the door a security guard opened the door for us and greeted us. i noticed that the way he greeted Jide was rather official than like a customer who is entering a fast food resturant. Well I did not dwell on that as what I saw as I went in was awesome.

Hmmm, how did you know about this place I asked out of curiosity. He smiled; Well...huhmmm...this is kinda...he had not completed his statement when a young pretty lady interrupted us.

Lady: Welcome, Ah Sir...we were not expecting you today
Jide: Oh, Jane don't worry I just stopped by to check on few things and show my friend around.
Jane: Oh..Welcome Miss..Can I show around?
Jide: Don't worry just get back to work I will handle this..thank you very much..
I was confused with that conversation and Jide noticed because I wore this sarcastic look. Can you tell me what just happened now i asked curiously; dont i will explain to you in due course, can he we go he said as he led the way.

I had never seen such beautiful collections of painting before or been to a gallery. This was my first. I was carried with the beautiful of the art piece As I turned Jide was no were to be found, as i looked here there..he popped out of no where and walked up to me put on his charming smile.

Jide: So how do you see this place?
Jumoke: its awesome honestly.
Jide: Sorry, the place is still disorganized, we are preparing for exhibition.
Jide: oh lets i forget lemme show something...he took me into a dark room, turn on the lights. It looked like an art studio, the was painting everywhere and it was kinda dusty. Come this me way he said; we stopped in front of a large painting that was covered in cloth. He unveiled it and voila!!!

I was surprised and amazed at the same time, can i touch it i asked; yea for the now he replied. It looks real, i have seen this art work before in my uncle's apartment when i went for a visit with my mother sometime ago it looks just like this but only that this one looks more original i said.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abeg...una no go vex for the update, I promised to update once per day but I will try and make two update soon please bear with me...thanks for reading..I will still like you guys to drop yo comment an criticism about my writeup..I'm still an amateur..
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Feyikemi12(f): 10:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
you're really awesome. keep it moving
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 10:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Feyikemi12:
you're really awesome. keep it moving
thanks miss kemi....
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 10:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Following

omote I sight you...welcome...
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 10:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
Chizzyblinks:
Op,pls come and complete this story o

Quite captivating...

thanks Miss blinks for yo comment..more updates coming soon..just relax and enjoy..
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Chizzyblinks(f): 8:25am On Feb 05, 2016
wazupguy:

thanks Miss blinks for yo comment..more updates coming soon..just relax and enjoy..
ok,am waiting patiently for your updates,goodmorning.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
i have made several copies of this work and sold it but to several people and your uncle might have patronized my work he said..hmmm, we have spent more than enough time I guess its time to go back to school he added. I had even forgotten we sneaked out of school. We went out, unlocked the chain tied to to the bicycle, climbed on it and rode back to school.

When we got to school we quickly sneaked in and went to our separate classes. I hadn't the time to thank him for such a wonderful experience and the plenty questions that clouded my mind that I would have loved to ask him. As I proceeded to class I bumbed into Chioma and Shade, they was already worried that I took too long than expected. At the same time there were anxious to hear the gist. Well, i promised them that i will give the full details i had to face my class teacher Madam Ruth..the most dreaded chemistry of our school..hard nut to crack but she aint gonna bite.

After school hours, i could not go home. Madam Ruth had made me stayed for not being in class when was taking attendance and to top it all i missed her chemistry class. So i was wait for her because she said she had a package for me. Where are you and roaring voice echoed the hallway, i went into her office and closed the door behind me. She kept looking at me sketpically with large ugly spectacles. Have your seat she said; thank you Ma i replied.

You still have not told me why you were not in class when I came in to call the attendance and while you still absented yourself from my class she said; i had not planned for any questioning section other than dishing me the punishment package she had promised me earlier. But since she wanted to still hear from me i can as well act up. So i bent down alil, groaning holding my stomach. She quickly got up and rushed to me. What is wrong she asked; i kept groaning "my stomach agrhhhh".. What is wrong with your stomach? i increased it all the more. So she became confused and suggested we went to the school clinic.

I cried all the more, Ma I am on..i muttered..oh you should have said so since she replied. But is this how it happens whenever...I cried out again..Ma i need to go take medication...oh sorry, you can go she said as i got up and dashed out of her office.As i walked out the school environment was empty and creepy too. When i got to the main gate leading out of school i could saw Jide on his bicycle waving at me. I waved back but was suprised to see him.

Jumoke: what are you still doing around?
Jide: waiting for you...
Jumoke: Really, wow....
Jide: hop in lets ride..
Jumoke: No, thanks walking better..i am still trying survive the pain from the last ride and besides we are not going the same direction.
Jide: hmmmm, dont worry..you don't have to peddle..just sit and I will take you wherever you wanna go....As he said this the smile on his face was charming and i could not resist. I climbed his bicycle and he rode me home.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
Chizzyblinks:
ok,am waiting patiently for your updates,goodmorning.
ok Miss...
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Missmossy(f): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2016
Keep it coming cheesy

Interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Dklef(m): 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
Missmossy's comment brought me here. Nice plot, i must say but your grammatical expressions all through are so fvcked.

You should try to carefully type the words and make sure you take note of your tenses. For example

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Dklef(m): 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
wazupguy:
I couldn't scream at that time if I wanted to. i was paralyzed then raped. I just continued weeping. My one and only pride has been stolen from me. Who will I tell? What will I say? Who will ever believe the words of a woman to man in this kind of case. And most of all when it is my uncle. When my father died, I was very sad..when my mother was shot and hospitalized I was depressed and now I am a victim of rape. What a sad tale for this short period of time I have lived on earth.

I was hearing a noise which sounded like that of my friends. But as I struggled to wake up sleep kept drawing me back. The knock kept coming coupled with them yelling my name. It was shade and chioma my classmates. I managed to open my eyes, but as I tried to get up I felt tthis weakness on both legs coupled with pain between my thighs. I managed to sit down. I overheard my uncle talking to them, I wanted to peep but I could not move.

Soon I heard footsteps approaching my room, I was thinking he let them in but he was the one. He was wearing this smiling face like he was a saint. He came onto me, i was still maintaining my sitting position. He sat next to me I managed to shift little bit further from him how are you he said smiling. I looked away and did not say a word. Well, I just wanted to tell you your friends came over, and I told them you are not feeling too well he said. They also said in there words; "please tell her to get well soon" he added. He got up and started walking out but stopped at the door step, he turned towards me; hmmm; I hope what happened last night will remain here and if not you know your mother is still at the hospital and its my money that is taking care of her he said smiling. You wouldn't a situation whereby help stopped coming and your mother stopp...#phone rings#

He went out to receive the call and came back few minutes back. That was the doctor, he said he wants to see me he said. But seriously of any word goes out your mother will die and you...you will die also he said looking at me sarcastically. [/]I grew cold feet, after hearing what said. [/b] I am a victim now I have turned a slave with conditions if I ever wanted freedom. He left slamming the door against me.

For the first time in my life I sat down staring at wall seeing my uncle molesting me. The whole process kept replaying itself. I wished it could stopped but it was all I could think of. i felt withdrawn to a different world entirely, a world of my own filled with fear, grieve shame, pity, anger with much bitterness. Whenever i was school i was kept to myself. I tried as much as possible to avoid my friends but it was never successful. They will always find me no matter where i hid myself. Whenever they brought up any gist about what was going on in school i just kept quiet and wore a long face.

They noticed my behaviour and started asking questions i wanted to tell them everything but i could not as the voice of uncle kept echoing in my mind repeating those threatheni g words. So I tried as much as possible to blend in and pretend that I was flowing their gist.

sorry i couldnt painstainkenly point out all the grammatical faults but i'm sure if you proofread them you'll notice all. Please inprove your wordings sir.

Great story all thesame, for an amateure you are really trying. With this, i've really been pushed to carry out a plot myself.
I love your storyline especially.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
wink

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 6:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
Dklef:
sorry i couldnt painstainkenly point out all the grammatical faults but i'm sure if you proofread them you'll notice all. Please inprove your wordings sir.

Great story all thesame, for an amateure you are really trying. With this, i've really been pushed to carry out a plot myself.
I love your storyline especially.

thanks sir for your observation, I will do well to check them before posting..however tanks for taking yo time to read my Tory....
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2016
**********new update**********

As we rode home, we talked about what happened earlier in the day. We had a nice long conversation. I had not talk to someone like this for a long period of time. It was refreshing. He was great conversationist and had a good sense of humour.

We were few steps away from my house when I told him to stop abruptly, that i can continue from there. He was adamant and insisted that he will ride me home. I shouted at him provocatively to drop me. He stopped and I got down from the bicycle. He was suprised with the way I spoke to him. I hope i have not offended you he said; That was rude of me though but i did not want him to know where i was staying and my uncle again a pain in the ass. I apologized for my rudeness that it was not intentional.

He wore that awesome smile, graced with two hollow dimples which made him look charming. We stood awhile, he started teasing about how pretty I look everyday I came to school and the way I smiled whenever I'm with my friends during lunch break. I was stunned at what he said, it was like he has been watching me for a long time. As he talked I just kept giggling like a baby that has been given candy. Soon I checked my time it was past the time for my mother's medication so I told I wanted to go in, he agreed asked we could see again. I smiled and mumbled some words.

As I turned to go, he stopped me and pointed to my hair. There is something hanggn on your hair he said. I bent my head a little towards him. He raised my head instead with his hand beneath my jaw and planted a kiss on my cheek. My heart jumped for joy as he did that though I was not expecting it. I kept smiling as he climbed his bicycle and rode away. I waited for several minutes to see him ride very far before I went to my house.

As I stepped into the house I headed straight to my mother's room. when I got there I found her asleep so I did not bother her. I went back to my room undressed my uniform and started house chores immedaitely before my uncle arrives. Things were normal with the presence of mother even though she was living with a fresh memory its safe and less threatening as per uncle harassing me sexually.

Soon i was done with house chores and was ready to go for lessons. My mother was awake so i gave her meal and medication. Afterwards, i took a bath, dressed and went to lesson. On my way out i bumped into chioma and shade. I wasnt expecting though because we never we to lesson together unless whenever we are coming back from school but i knew why the came around. We exchanged pleasantries and proceeded, soon they started bombarding me with questions about i and Jide's hangout. I was reluctant giving them answers but my friends where agitatively anxious. They wanted the full gist, no leftover. So as walked to the lesson I narrated what transpired between i and jide.

My final exams was fast approaching, but i was somewhat prepared because I had enough time to read with my mother being at home and uncle Debo, well I don't want to know what is going on with him since he had decided to commit abomination by raping I don't bloody care what goes on with him.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Missmossy(f): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
Keep it coming cheesy thumbs up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Rukkydelta(f): 7:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
I'm so much in love with this story

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
Keep it coming quickly o.. I dey Ur back and I C u

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
*******new update*******

Things were not as rossy as I wanted them to be, I was still emotionally distablized with the harassment from my uncle, my fate was still uncertain plus my mother health situation which has not gotten any better since she came home. I thought it will improve with seeing me everytime plus all the pictures that i showed her about our family perhaps maybe she will remember anything at all. However, I and jide were moving quite along with each other even though we had completed our secondary education, we still find time for ourselves. He was a huge support to me and I really appreciatte his efforts.

One Sunday afternoon, I was at that parlour watching a movie when I heard a loud cry. It was not just a loud cry but turned into continous screaming, it was my mother. I rushed up to her. But before I got there I saw my trying to calm her down. i went in the room and sat close to my mother was still breathing heavily, sweating profusely like as if he had been chased for hours. This was awkward because the time i spent with my mother when she was still at the hospital she never had a.nightmare in the afternoon.

Aside that she was breathing heavily and sweating I noticed she her eyes was all swollen. I could not make plausible guess at what situation she was going through. It was just confusing. I went to the kitchen to get her a glass of water. I handed it over to her she emptied it and ordered for another one. By then my uncle had left us. As I came back with the water I noticed she had laid down. I tapped her, she got up and sat up right and took the water.

I was still very curious as to why she had nightmares, so I asked her yet again about what was distressing her and make her wake up abruptly screaming. i keep seeing you in my dreams, but what I see happening is scary I guess that is what's making scream she said; still curious I asked what did she see happen in the dream. But she felt reluctant and said she had headache and wanted to rest her head. I withdrew questioning her and allowed her rest.

However, I was feeling very much unrest with what my mother said, I wanted to help her stop this nightmare which was awful. This was beyond my power and confronting my uncle was another hard nut to crack it was as if I was gonna ask hades for help. The a thought crept in, I picked up the home landline and dialed a number, it started ringing but no one was answering. I redialed it several times but no answer still. I dropped the phone, I sat down staring at my mother was fast asleep. I felt pity for her situation.

Few weeks later, things got better with my mother a little at least. Uncle Debo had called Doctor Steven to come checkup on her. And according to his diagnosis he said the reason why mother was experiencing those nightmares was that there pieces of her lost memory which was surfacing and she is struggling to remember which has over laboured her brain. However, he suggested we use the services of a psychiatrist or a psychologist to help her with her memory because it looks as if she will have her memory back.
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 8:22am On Feb 09, 2016
Mama recover quick o.. abeg
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Chizzyblinks(f): 1:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ok,followiog
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by wazupguy(m): 6:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
One Afternoon, I and my mother were sitting at our backyard gusting. Then the though about asking her about her nightmares popped into my mind. But there was a problem how to ask the question so she doesnt shy away. So as I wanted to ask she halted and said she had something she wanted to tell me but did not know how to put it. Oh we are now in the same shoe I thought, then I told I I had something also to ask her but did not know how to go about it. So I told her to go ahead and tell me what she had in mind.

It is about your Uncle Debo? She said; what happened? Did he touch you or hurt you? What does he want from you or as he not done enough harm I said agitatedly. Nothing of such she said; and what is all these you are saying about him she asked skeptically. Nevermind i reterated; so what about my uncle i asked wearing a tight smiling. She kept looking at me skeptically awkward manner.

He asked me to marry him; my mother said.........

watch out for the next update....comments...criticisms will be appreciated...
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by Chizzyblinks(f): 7:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
Whaaaaati!
Re: Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears by joanee20(f): 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
Oh! boi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Susan’s Diary; Friday’s Experience / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) / Define "Life" Without Using The Word "A" And "IS"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.