Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? (4226 Views)

Christians And The Foolishness Of Freewill / The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? / Can Freewill Exist Alongside An Omnipresent God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
bxcode:

You already know my answer.

Well, that is why I asked. maybe your Answer is coded. make it more explicit.

Your answer seem rhetoric.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by Toyolad(m): 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
truthislight:

To me, the one on red I can relate with, since lost of control is a terrible thing.

Why should I create and give my capacity to another? you are on your own. Maybe when I know I will soon die that I will what to have someone that can seek for my throne.
. Why do u think many scientists are trying to create something that can independently take decisions without their help (AI), that can take rational decisions, analyze issues and creatively proffer solutions INDEPENDENTLY??.....
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
Toyolad:
. Why do u think many scientists are trying to create something that can independently take decisions without their help (AI), that can take rational decisions, analyze issues and creatively proffer solutions INDEPENDENTLY??.....

AI seem to be a different thing from Freewill. AI can be program not to kill except cleared to.

Freewill is just as it sounds 'FREEWILL' Its unique.

A Freewill agent can decide to kill its owner if it wants to. Simple!.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ahhh, bro, like I've always maintained, freewill cannot work in accordance to deterministic principles..... But I don't really know. Lemme call resident philosophers RilWayne and Freemanan to discuss this issue.
truthislight:

Good! ^

Which is supposed to serve my goals better?

Does giving of Freewill really makes business sense? Will it bring more returns on my interest?

Why should I sacrifice that much, pull that much risk at my own detriment?

I just wonder!

Won't robots serving my 'WILL' give me a 110% maximum return without hassles!

Why should 'I' give such to them?

Altruism?

It is easier saying such here, in real life, do we hate or love to be in control?

1 Like

Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
I wouldnt actually. At best, I would allow them create artificial and political rights for themselves but I wont permit freewill.

The very fact that man has inalienable rights that is natural makes us believe that we have freewill. Personally, I dont believe that freewill exist. What we term as freewill is just the freedom to choose from all what nature and the cosmic forces have designed for us.

So freewill is just self created. Like God.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by tartar9(m): 3:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
I'd give them the freewill while knowing every single thing they're going to do sad

1 Like

Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
Freemanan:
I wouldnt actually. At best, I would allow them create artificial and political rights for themselves but I wont permit freewill.

The very fact that man has inalienable rights that is natural makes us believe that we have freewill. Personally, I dont believe that freewill exist. What we term as freewill is just the freedom to choose from all what nature and the cosmic forces have designed for us.

You don't really need to go too far.

The Freewill under consideration is what we all presumed to have as it is, be it absolute or not (following your drift).

Will you give it to your creatures?
The right for them to disobey you should they want, kill you should they want.

Freewill (what we have, whatever you call it) will you give such to your creatures?

peace
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
truthislight:

You don't really need to go too far.

The Freewill under consideration is what we all presumed to have as it is, be it absolute or not (following your drift).

Will you give it to your creatures?
The right for them to disobey you should they want, kill you should they want.

Freewill (what we have, whatever you call it) will you give such to your creatures?

peace

Okay. I already answered that.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
Freemanan:

Okay. I already answered that.

OK. That means you will not give Freewill to your creatures.

OK. I can relate to that.

If you were to decide to give such a beautiful gift to your creatures, will you have any expectation of them considering you have given them what you know is priceless?
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
truthislight:

OK. That means you will not give Freewill to your creatures.

OK. I can relate to that.

If you were to decide to give such a beautiful gift to your creatures, will you have any expectation of them considering you have given them what you know is priceless?

My only expectation will be NOTHING... You should know why.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
Freemanan:

I don't know why.

I believe if I am to make a gift to someone the least S(he) can do is to tender a THANK-YOU!

Failure to do so, I will tagged the one as an ingrate.

Humans naturally look at someone that cannot say a Thank you as a bad person, infact, some do take offence if you will not return a simple thank you to them after a gift.

I for one do appreciate such retort.

Why won't you?

don't you usually return a THANK-YOU after you receive a good deed/a favour from someone?
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
truthislight:

I don't know why.

I believe if I am to make a gift to someone the least S(he) can do is to tender a THANK-YOU!

Humans naturally look at someone that cannot say a Thank you as a bad person, infact, some do take offence if you will not return a simple thank you to them after a gift.

Why won't you?

don't you usually return a THANK-YOU after you receive a good deed/a favour from someone?

It's like most people are not really sure on this issue and could not take a stand for what they seem to take for granted all along.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
Would you had given Freewill to your creatures?

And what will make you do such a thing?

Is it expedient to do such?

What's your take? Speak out!
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 11:50am On Jan 05, 2016
Why are humans enjoying Freewill not having reasons to give same and outrightly not wiling to give same to their own creatures?

Comments please.

Are humans more righteousness?
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 1:31am On Jan 09, 2016
Gift of Freewill, is it a reasonable thing for you to give out?

Do you appreciate it?
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by HIbreed(m): 6:22am On Jan 09, 2016
truthislight:
Yes, Think. If you create thinks, will you give them Freewill ?

Give them the ability to disobey you and insult you if they so wish, acting contrary. Will you build such a capacity into the things you create?

And why should you do such?
He is a merciful God, freewill is a gift to us. and he never intimidates us to obey him...
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2016
HIbreed:
He is a merciful God, freewill is a gift to us. and he never intimidates us to obey him...

OK, but still, will you do such? give Freewill to your creatures?

What's your take?
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by HIbreed(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
truthislight:

What's your take?
he made the animals thousands of years before creating humans,he must have observed how not possesing free will but insticts dictates the actions of the animals. Which is boring, it will interest you to know that God loves watching and derive delights in his creations.

[b]quotations from job 38-39 Job: 38. 39. Wilt thou hunt the prey for the lion? or fill the appetite of the young lions, 40. When they couch in their dens, and abide in the covert to lie in wait? - [b]
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by HIbreed(m): 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
truthislight:

What's your take?
he made the animals thousands of years before creating humans,he must have observed how not possesing free will but insticts dictates the actions of the animals. Which is boring, it will interest you to know that God loves watching and derive delights in his creations.

[b]quotations from job 38-39 Job: 38. 39. Wilt thou hunt the prey for the lion? or fill the appetite of the young lions, 40. When they couch in their dens, and abide in the covert to lie in wait? Job: 39. 3. They bow themselves, they bring forth their young ones, they cast out their sorrows. 4. Their young ones are in good liking, they grow up with corn; they go forth, and return not unto them. 5. Who hath sent out the wild ass free? or who hath loosed the bands of the wild ass? 7. He scorneth the multitude of the city, neither regardeth he the crying of the driver. 8. The range of the mountains is his pasture, and he searcheth after every green thing. 9. Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? 10. Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?13.Gavest thou the goodly wings unto the peacocks? or wings and feathers unto the ostrich? Which leaveth her eggs in the earth, and warmeth them in dust, 15. And forgetteth that the foot may crush them, or that the wild beast may break them. 16. She is hardened against her young ones, as though they were not hers: her labour is in vain without fear; 17. Because God hath deprived her of wisdom, neither hath he imparted to her understanding. 18. What time she lifteth up herself on high, she scorneth the horse and his rider. 19. Hast thou given the horse strength? hast thou clothed his neck with thunder? 20. Canst thou make him afraid as a grasshopper? the glory of his nostrils is terrible. 21. He paweth in the valley, and rejoiceth in his strength: he goeth on to meet the armed men. 22. He mocketh at fear, and is not affrighted; neither turneth he back from the sword. 23. The quiver rattleth against him, the glittering spear and the shield. 24. He swalloweth the ground with fierceness and rage: neither believeth he that it is the sound of the trumpet. 25. He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; and he smelleth the battle afar off, the thunder of the captains, and the shouting. [/b]
so God want a different thing that acts on free will and not predictable, consider : Genesis: 6. 5. And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

back to your question, i will give 100% freewill if am God.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by HIbreed(m): 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
Freemanan:

I disagree with you!! Consider :Genesis: 11. 6. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
HIbreed:
I disagree with you!! Consider :Genesis: 11. 6. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

The bible is not a template of knowledge or belief... For me.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
HIbreed:

back to your question, i will give 100% freewill if am God

OK, I hear you.

Pls, after making Insinuations about God and the reason why he did things he never explained to us, but you did, can you now kindly answer for yourself:

Why would you give Freewill to your creatures?

Thanks.

Peace.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
Freemanan:

The bible is not a template of knowledge or belief... For me.

You have a very simple mind and seems reluctant to confront issues. That explained why you had left hanging obvious question above that will force you to speak based on conscience:

Freemanan:

I don't know why.

Why won't you?

don't you usually return a THANK-YOU after you receive a good deed/a favour from someone
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
I am yet to see some one, a human that rejects the gift of Freewill.

Why is it so difficult for humans to freely express their gratitude or ingratitude for it?

It it is a marvelous thing to have Freewill, why won't you give it?

does your not giving it make you a better person than the one that gave you Freewill?

Express yourself here.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by truthislight: 2:38pm On May 27, 2016
"FREEWILL"

What is the relevance of it? without it, would you be who you are today?

Is it important?

Lets talk. Why would you give or would not give freewill?

Why would you give freewill to your creatures? Have you thought about that?

If you will not give freewill to your creatures to obey or disobey you if they so chose to. And if they so wish, kill or destroy you if they so want. Would that not be smart of you?

Does that then mean that God is not smart for giving us freewill?

*Editted*
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by slimytrikt: 3:56pm On May 27, 2016
jayriginal:
How can it be free will if you punish certain choices?

Punishment for choices that are considered wrong does not necessarily mean a deprivation of the ability to choose.

The fact that you chose without someone forcing that choice on you, actually defines freewill.

Freewill is the freedom to choose not freedom from punishment.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by jayriginal: 4:07pm On May 27, 2016
slimytrikt:

Punishment for choices that are considered wrong does not necessarily mean a deprivation of the ability to choose.

The fact that you chose without someone forcing that choice on you, actually defines freewill.

Freewill is the freedom to choose not freedom from punishment.

Coercion doesn't necessarily have to be physical. By making alternatives unattractive you are coercing a person into making the choice you wish.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by slimytrikt: 4:09pm On May 27, 2016
If I am creating humans then I'd have no option but to grant them freewill, otherwise I'd be creating toys or something close to that.

Humans, by definition, are gifted with the ability to think for themselves and act based on their thoughts. Without this ability, a human siezes to be that...human.

However, if I am responsible for creation, would I grant any being the ability to act in a manner most pleasing to it? Irrespective of whether the beings choices are not in consonance with mine? I'd probably not.

I am a very impatient person, and I have very little tolerance for rubbish. Based on this, I would not grant any other being the freedom to choose. Otherwise I'd be destroying and creating humans every other day.

But again that would pose a major problem for me. If there are no free beings then I will be responsible for everything. I'd bath them, cloth them, do their jobs for them etc...that would be very tiring for me.

So maybe because of that, I may just grant the freedom and stick with destroying them, every other day when I find their Bshit intolerable. Lol.

I just realised that granting that kinda freedom presupposes a being that is necessarily Holy. I don't know about you mehn but that's my thought.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by slimytrikt: 4:17pm On May 27, 2016
jayriginal:

Coercion doesn't necessarily have to be physical. By making alternatives unattractive you are coercing a person into making the choice you wish.

Nah.

Punishing an individual implies that the individual did something I'd prefer it didn't.

If I want the individual to do wrong and I go ahead to punish the person then that makes me a monster.

In this case, coercion would fly if I make the individual do wrong but this is not the case as there is an altetnative ...doing what I consider to be right.

If the individual does right by me, it won't get punished. So going against what I hold as right is actually the height of freedom.

Think about it.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by slimytrikt: 4:22pm On May 27, 2016
jayriginal:

PS: @Make alternatives unattractive...

Most times doing what is appropriate is unattractive but it doesn't mean we are forced to do the alternative.

We still have to make our own choices.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by jayriginal: 4:23pm On May 27, 2016
slimytrikt:

Nah.

Punishing an individual implies that the individual did something I'd prefer it didn't.

If I want the individual to do wrong and I go ahead to punish the person then that makes me a monster.

In this case, coercion would fly if I make the individual do wrong but this is not the case as there is an altetnative ...doing what I consider to be right.

If the individual does right by me, it won't get punished. So going against what I hold as right is actually the height of freedom.

Think about it.

There's nothing to think about here. It's like an armed robber saying a person chose to die because they refused to surrender their money to him.

If you search the forum, this freewill argument has been thrashed out, I don't have the strength or desire to do much typing.
Re: If You Had Been The One Creating Things, Humans, Will You Had Given 'freewill' ? by slimytrikt: 4:27pm On May 27, 2016
jayriginal:

There's nothing to think about here. It's like an armed robber saying a person chose to die because they refused to surrender their money to him.

If you search the forum, this freewill argument has been thrashed out, I don't have the strength or desire to do much typing.

Armed robber??

I rest my case.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslims Penisess Will Never Soften. Eternal Erection Awaits All Muslims In Islam / Let Us Work On A Strategy Fellow Pagans! Let Us Destroy XTIANISM & Save 9JAAAAA / A Proof To Show That No Lame Has Been Healed By Miracle In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.