Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,085 members, 7,807,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story (39264 Views)

Marriage And The Happily Ever After Syndrome: An Alternative Perspective / Rescued 'Witch Child' Hope Dances Happily In New Video / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Amhappy(f): 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
2yrs,6months and still counting,it gets better by the day and I m grateful to God. I'm happily married to my soulmate. We do everything together and it is so sweet. That's major reason I campaign for marriage. We had a lot of learning,understanding,forgiveness and sacrifices to do at the beginning. We also had God as a Third Person and His word was our strong tower during our challenging days. They say Marriage is for the brave but I think the singles are more brave because I can't imagine myself being single again.

5 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by zemaye: 1:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
queenfav
kiss kiss kiss kiss
your mama is a heroine, yes na me talk!!!
see the beautiful person she brought up
more grease to your elbow
and happy married life to you and the one you love smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by ivyT(f): 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Teddeebear:
you have missed the point, the lady married a jobless man,

no one talked of ordinary things, even at that, every one strives to get better by the day, hence the jobless guy now has a job.

when you talk of ordinary things I don't get what you mean …

OYO lo wa..iv tapped and iv received..

*walks out of thread*'#TymToMakeDough2016
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Teddeebear: 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
ivyT:

OYO lo wa..iv tapped and iv received..

*walks out of thread*'#TymToMakeDough2016
nothing personal deae, we were just conversing, i wish you the best
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by fagbemiakintayo(m): 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
My marriage is 2yrs 15 days now... I can boldly beat ma chest and say I have 80% happy home, u can't have 100% happy home no matter who you are. What really helping us are LOVE, UNDERSTANDIND and TOLERANCE. We both don't suspect each other, I don't tourch her phones she doesn't touch mine unless I'm to show her something, not that we don't love or care about each other but to avoid unwanted issues in our home... I'm really greatfull to GOD

2 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by benzion72(m): 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2016
By God grace, i av being married for the past 14 years it has being from glory to glory. No doubt their are many challenges but God is their for us.
Marriage is a covenant contract in the Lord if God is not a factor in your marriage forget it, it will not last. If you were chosen by a. man from array of girls and you have a lucky man. his flesh will continue to desire every one of his girl friends. he is also. soul tied to them that is the f foundation. of. immorality and he does not believe in thou shall not covet your neighbor wiife , this also applied to ladies who have samples so many beds.

Finace is another factor it take a woman who believe in God word that she should respect her husband especially if she. earned more than the man or a celebrity .

It take agape love for marriage to survive, i know ladies who have to be on bed rest for six month immediately they take in , ordinary love cannot hold body for six months before grazing out

It take Bible word to men to love their wife as Jesus love the Church to the point of laying down his life.

1 Like

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by queenfav(f): 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
zemaye:
queenfav
kiss kiss kiss kiss
your mama is a heroine, yes na me talk!!!
see the beautiful person she brought up
more grease to your elbow
and happy married life to you and the one you love smiley smiley
awww,now I am smiling for the first time this afternoon.Thanks a lot for the compliment,wishing u a fulfilling year ahead.
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by KoldKash(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
2goodbobo:
I can beat my chest and confidently tell you that i am happily married.

I have been married for few years now and we dated for more than a year

before we got married. My wife is so loving, God-fearing, lettered, good cook, beautiful,

submissive, and a helper. Infact i got married to my wife when i had no job and she

was really supportive. But all that is history because God blessed me with a job few weeks

after my wedding. We dont just see ourselves as couples but friends hence, is so easy for us

to leave together and apologise to each other when fight dey grin. God has blessed our union

with a beautiful girl. I want to use this medium to say a big thank you to my wife for all the

unconditional love you have shown me. Marraige with you is simple wink. I will marry you over

and over again! You have made me wear the crown of a prince among my firends and fam.

I can only pray to God to sustain us and keep us together.Honestly i dont have any reason

to complain about my marriage or my wife.

Finally, I also believe that if you show your wife love and affection, there is no how she will

not do the same to you. I also dont see myself as the head but instead see us as one body

and i make sure i apologise to her even when she is wrong. Like my Father will always say

" When you learn to say sorry for no reason at all then you are ready for marriage". Merci tout le monde.

u apologise to her even when she is wrong...What's the idea behind that? So she shld stay wrong or what?
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by placeofallure(f): 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
koastar:

Madam, we will need to put that to test for confirmation. Pray that your loyalty is not put to test

Absolutely certain 101%
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by belcom10(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ginaz:
One day I'll be happily married but for the main time, my husband is searching for me. He'll find me soon. Can someone please give him a map? He's looking at the wrong places while I'm here waiting for him to come embarassed cry
ur character is the map

1 Like

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
All I can say is if u are still single you are missing..............
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Skmoda360(m): 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
ivyT:

No one is 100% flawless including you,so when i tap into the sucess,dat includes the patience,tolerance,goodCharacter nd wise decisions towards issues...abeg no carry my mata 4 head dis is 2016...shuo o o!
LØl....now i get a point, miss ivyT.
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Kazrem(m): 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
Should I share mine? Don't worry its a good one. Don't know yet.
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by socrateez(m): 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
I have been married for twenty eight years and it grows sweeter day by day.

It is unfortunate that the picture of marriage many young people have today is that of a dungeon but I tell you, your life is what you make out of it. You decide the type of home you want and build it with your partner.

Even if you come from a broken home, it doesn't mean yours must also break.

Approach life with a positive mindset and it will amaze you how things will work out for you. The picture of marriage peddled by Africa Magic is not true.

Anyone can have a wonderful marriage if you're prepared to work for it.

12 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Sagamite(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
lily12:
My dear Nairalanders,

I don tire for this situation.

I have read Nairaland posts for years as a guest. Every single post we see about marriage lately seems to be negative. I am not belittling the foolishness of cheating men when I say this: I am shocked that women can cheat so blatantly these days. I think it's tme to revive the hopes of those men who add two years to their marriage date when they see threads about disloyal "wives"... time to spare single women from the headache of being banded together with all these disloyal women, keeping them single even longer... let's restore the reputation of the institution of marriage as a blessing, a source of favour and a worthy calling that need not be delayed out of fear.

Please, ladies and gentlemen of Nairaland, there must be some happy marriages amongst us. If you have a good wife, please tell us why and how she is amazing. If you have a good husband, please share why and how he is amazing. If you have a good marriage, please take a moment to share your story here.

Let’s start 2016 on a positive note.

May the Lord restore the marriages of those who are currently facing crises, in Jesus’ Name.

Happy new year.

To be frank, I think it is a honourable thing you are trying to do and I know TV01 would be ecstatic with your approach.

But personally, .........................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwNpTt8Mjhk

1 Like

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Sagamite(m): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
Joel3:
An open debate with fact and what's happening around in the society

how about living together as boyfriend and girlfriend and then grow old and die? will a life not be completed or fulfilled? is it a must to tied the knot? you see when the registrar is been signed and the whole thing becomes legal biding in both religious or traditional acceptances of marriage in mate I think that is when a lot of things goes wrong.

don't give me the bullshiit that its for better for worst. many innocent victim are been blind folded into signing this shitt. and they will tell him or her to remain in it forever. I am an advocate for this shit to be destroyed. I know in 22nd century this thing called marriage institution will be destroyed

many single hide their true self and wait patiently for the scam called marriage to be signed first before true color is out. definitely not me except ofcource I have my own interests 200% otherwise no thanks and no deal

cc: lalasticlala, seun.

www.nairaland.com/2841821/convince-me-why-one-should

Well said, nigga!

1 Like

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by elantraceey(f): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
2goodbobo:
I can beat my chest and confidently tell you that i am happily married.

I have been married for few years now and we dated for more than a year

before we got married. My wife is so loving, God-fearing, lettered, good cook, beautiful,

submissive, and a helper. Infact i got married to my wife when i had no job and she

was really supportive. But all that is history because God blessed me with a job few weeks

after my wedding. We dont just see ourselves as couples but friends hence, is so easy for us

to leave together and apologise to each other when fight dey grin. God has blessed our union

with a beautiful girl. I want to use this medium to say a big thank you to my wife for all the

unconditional love you have shown me. Marraige with you is simple wink. I will marry you over

and over again! You have made me wear the crown of a prince among my firends and fam.

I can only pray to God to sustain us and keep us together.Honestly i dont have any reason

to complain about my marriage or my wife.

Finally, I also believe that if you show your wife love and affection, there is no how she will

not do the same to you. I also dont see myself as the head but instead see us as one body

and i make sure i apologise to her even when she is wrong. Like my Father will always say

" When you learn to say sorry for no reason at all then you are ready for marriage". Merci tout le monde.

Wow , this is beautiful smiley

May God continue to bless your marriage.

2 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by elantraceey(f): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
fagbemiakintayo:
My marriage is 2yrs 15 days now... I can boldly beat ma chest and say I have 80% happy home, u can't have 100% happy home no matter who you are. What really helping us are LOVE, UNDERSTANDIND and TOLERANCE. We both don't suspect each other, I don't tourch her phones she doesn't touch mine unless I'm to show her something, not that we don't love or care about each other but to avoid unwanted issues in our home... I'm really greatfull to GOD

Hehehe, nice one though but as for the phone issue for me, I'll prefer we both access our phones always but not out of distrust.
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by glossy6(f): 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2016
I & my hubby have been in this train for 15yrs and it is still moving.

I won't tell you that it was easy in the beginning. We had issues initially because he allowed his siblings to intrude much into the marriage. What with 5 adults and young adults living with us?

We have come of age and like old wine tastes better. We've learnt to stick together & be for one another. We love, respect and support one another. Though we live thousands of miles apart but infidelity has never & will never be an issue between us. I have his trust even in d earlier years when I was Ajala because of my job, he had no doubt about me. He will be with the kids while I will be away for a month or so. He also have my trust.

I learnt to go along with his dreams & aspirations. We are both FCAs with masters in different fields. God blessed us with 5 kids who had not witnessed any fight between us. We settle our quarrels without allowing it get out of proportions even if I want to drag issues.

I give my hubby the credit for taming me because I stubborn ghan ghan but for away match count me out.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Ups01(m): 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
taryour:
Nice thread,here is what works for me.
Firstly I went into my relationship with a statement on my mind(if my mum can remain with my dad with all the challenges they had which I also witnessed,then I can do better)
Ability to communicate effectively, while dating and up till now in marriage with 2 kids our communication has remained very very solid.
Communication has really helped my relationship a lot,it helps us both trash our differences amicably,there are somethings I can't say to my hubby face(cause I know I might not present it well and I don't want to be rude) so I put it into a chat and he understands me perfectly well. Each time we have our arguments,we make sure we apologise n trash it out before the end of the day.we do not go to bed in anger.
I have also learnt not to argue so much with my hubby,whenever he is angry with me am quite and let his anger subside then I apologise(even if deep down in my heart I know I wasn't wrong)I still apologise,I know how angry my hubby can get and I know better than to push further,we both have a bad temper but there can only be one leader,outside my home you don't dare mess with me,I will dish it to you very hot and spicy. I am the very aggressive type but hubby isn't,he is more calm than I am. I argue a lot too but not with hubby except in cases when we are gisting and having fun. Hubby loves football but I hate it with everything but what can I do I simply got used to it,my first son already took after him as a football fan.
We both understand ourselves perfectly,we have been together for over 10years now. We have had our ups and downs which has taught us to be more united and understand ourselves better.
Our sex life might not be has active as when we where still single cause of kids but we have both been active,we have fun anywhere in the house(of course when kids are asleep or in school).we try out new things and I sure don't forget my bowl of ice-cream when I want to give a special treat(call me a dirty woman/raw woman/sex freak/whatever) I care less,his my man.
We have remained each others best friends,we share gifts,watch movies together,shop together,hubby goes to market for me at times and cook as well, we gossip together and share news with each other. We are both social media fans(we actually meet on a social forum and started as friends before dating which led to our marriage). We don't hide anything from each other. He introduced me to nairaland and he is also a active member on nairaland.
We do not encourage 3rd parties into our affairs,it has never and will never happen. What ever happens within our walls die within our walls.we both help ourselves to remain strong in work life and business life. We support ourselves in every possible way we can with the help of God and for once I have never regretted meeting my hubby. If there is a next life,I would chose the same man all over again.
My marriage is not perfect cause there is no perfect marriage but I tell you,marriage is fun and am loving it all the way.

MANY LADIES NEED TO TAKE A QUEUE FROM YOU, Ma

I doff my Hat in Respect!

3 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by ideatoprince18(m): 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Realberry:
Happily married oshi..Does that even exist?..I'm 21 now and I'm yet to see a couple that lives happily...Even the ones that act all cozy and warmy outside are lying and pretending!..My house(it's not a home for me) is a living hell,I was born into it and until this moment,nothing has changed..Same goes for all the families I've ever come across..Do not be decieved,marry only when you've learnt taekwando like my mum and boxing like my dad..That is all there is to marriage,nothing more!
.......... sweety u av a warped brain ...... sorry to say dis ....it upbringing has done a lot to ur thinking faculty!!! ....please open ur mind

1 Like

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by lily12(f): 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
Wow, guys.. the one day I am away from Nairaland, my post makes FP.. thank you all. I appreciate you all taking the time to share your stories, comments, concerns. I have read all of them. I wish I could quote and reply every single one. Seun, Lalastic... thank you

To clarify a few things..

1. I wasn't glorifying men cheating. Cheating is cheating, disloyal, unfair, hurtful, cruel, WRONG regardless of the perpetrator's gender. It isn't more excusable for one gender than it is for another.

2. I'm not unhappily single nor do I think marriage will make anyone happier than they are when they are single. (I'm also not ashamed of the fact that I would like to be married someday. smiley ) The only thing that changes once two people say "I do" is their status from two to one flesh. So for instance, if a woman is bitter, malicious, spiteful as a single, then except by the grace of God, she can only become a bitter, malicious and spiteful wife. I however think it's sad and makes no sense for a woman to be ripe for marriage, with the man God prepared her for clearly needing help but either too fearful or busy gallivanting (or both) to pay her any mind. It's equally sad for a man to be ready for a wife but only be surrounded by gold diggers, etc around him because women have given up on ever being found by good men. I felt it would be nice to hear some success stories and I am so glad they exist.

Once again, I'm grateful for all your comments. It's encouraging to know there are happy homes out there.. I've definitely taken notes! please feel free to continue sharing.

Blessings

3 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by masqot(m): 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
labiola:

Nice topic, it is good to share good news atimes to encourage someone. Marriage is good if one gets it right. For me, my Marriage has been good and interesting. My wife is one of the few the Bible refers to as virtuous woman. We married seven years ago and I must confess am luck to have such a beautiful woman as a wife not only that my wife is good , I have a wonderful in laws too. I will share 2 major areas where marriage used to have issues.

1. Financial issue: When I got married to my wife her salary was more than my own, but my wife give me 100% access to her money, she has never challenged my decision when come to spending, though as an Accountant am more conservative than her. After she delivered our first born (twins), she resigned her job to join the family in Lagos, because she was working outside Lagos and we only depend on my salary that was less than N80,000 then. There was a time she needed N5,000 and I told her we don't have money, in actual fact we had money but was budgeted for something else, so she insisted that I must give her the money, I was angry because I expect her to understand our cash flow, so I went to work upset, when I returned from work she served me my food after eaten. she showed my an alert of N90,000 paid into her account from her former employer being outstanding allowance they owned her , something told me that if she were to be another person, she will keep the money and spend it without my consent and I will not no. During this period e she was not working we only depending on my small salary. From that day, I made a decision never to hid anything be it my salary, allowance, gift , returns on investment from her. In fact , I operate full disclosure policy .
2. Infidelity : This is an area that kills so many marriages . I made a decision before my marriage that I will never cheat on my wife, I went ahead to place a curse on myself and to the glory of God , I have been faithful with that decision. My wife too has been faithful to our marriage oath. She has to resign her employment because someone was demanding for sex and because she works in hospital environment where she has to do night duty with the same man that was demanding for sex, she resigned.

In the last 7 yrs of our wedding, God has been good to us , because we keep our part of the marriage oath. I thank God for his goodness and mercy. That is my own story.
I'm happy for us. "Most" issues in marriage depends on the managerial understanding of the man. Women are meant to be managed while men are to be pampered. Skilful women know how to do this. I'm talking in the real sense of a UNION and not co-existence, cohabitation, toleration etc.

2 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by bukatyne(f): 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
seaga:

Seriously what soup is that?

Which one?
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Issokay(f): 12:00am On Jan 06, 2016
Met my hubby on Facebook Jan 2013, our introduction was May 2013 and got married August 2013. We have a lovely son and happily married. Its not how long you dated. Marriage has to be built on love, but has branches such as TRUST, PATIENCE, UNDERSTANDING, TOLERANCE etc.

God bless our marriages and our singles in love!

5 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 06, 2016
ideatoprince18:
.......... sweety u av a warped brain ...... sorry to say dis ....it upbringing has done a lot to ur thinking faculty!!! ....please open ur mind
Ur stupid big head cannot make a comment without an iota of insult right..And you say my brain is warped..Mtcheeew..Silly goat
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by ideatoprince18(m): 10:17am On Jan 06, 2016
Realberry:
Ur stupid big head cannot make a comment without an iota of insult right..And you say my brain is warped..Mtcheeew..Silly goat
...... am sorry if u feel DT I insulted u .... buh its plain DT ur family upbringing has done damage to u dear!!!!
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by 2goodbobo(m): 10:54am On Jan 06, 2016
elantraceey:

Wow , this is beautiful smiley

May God continue to bless your marriage.

Amen dear. God bless you
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by 2goodbobo(m): 11:00am On Jan 06, 2016
KoldKash:
u apologise to her even when she is wrong...What's the idea behind that? So she shld stay wrong or what?

Most times i do so bro.The most important thing is peace in our home and if apologizing will ensure that peace,

then i dont mind doing it. Funny enough wifey has learnt that also. she now apologizes to me even when am wrong grin.

Marriage is all about sacrifice and compromise wink. Is always good to be the big one and show maturity by apologizing.

It averts malice and other unnecessary fued. Trust me it may look somehow to you but it pays. smiley

2 Likes

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by TV01(m): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2016
Sagamite:
To be frank, I think it is a honourable thing you are trying to do and I know TV01 would be ecstatic with your approach.
...maybe not ecstatic, but on balance I see it as a good thing - even if it only "balances" the deluge of "marriage gone wrong" stories we hear daily in this place.

How market cheesy? We eagerly await you sharing your own "story" - with pics following and even a video sef.

"Not just sharing a story, but living a dream" - TV01.
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by OlgaLeez: 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
always tell the truth and trust , a man should be paramount.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's That Most Annoying Thing A Visitor Has Ever Done In Your House? / Why Ladies Hardly Change Their Surnames After Marriage These Days / Photos From Lalasticlala's Daughter's Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.