Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story (39270 Views)

Marriage And The Happily Ever After Syndrome: An Alternative Perspective / Rescued 'Witch Child' Hope Dances Happily In New Video / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2019
Bump grin
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by stepo707: 9:37am On Nov 17, 2019
It means happily married people in Nigeria especially the you her generations are not up to 20%
Re: If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story by abelswife(f): 11:45am On Nov 17, 2019
goodheart4God:
One of the greatest gifts a man or woman can have is to have a spouse that they would be able to work out their journey and make it work. When I was a teenager I used to read a lot of Christian marriage book and I was even counseling marriage couples on how to make my marriage work.

Fast forward to my time, I won't say I regret my decision of a choice of spouse but I would have made a better choice if I didn't allow love to override my sense of reasoning. I never wanted to have a home of cold treatment, malice, lack of communication, not being able to manage financial situations, etc. I always told myself my hubby and I will share finances 50-50 and I will always take care of myself while we use our savings for investment. I had always say he would be my friend and not my husband.

But all that didn't turn out. Cos I ended up with a man that took my simplicity and his love for him to ride me and abuse me emotionally. No plans for the future, extended family needs comes before mine cos iyawo can always take care of herself.

A man that doesn't believe in communication, keeps malice at any slight issue. Talks and shout at you. Doesn't believe that women have a say in homes. That a man can have as many female friends as he wants and still talks to ex girlfriends without regard to his wife feelings. If a wife talks to a male colleague too much it is an abomination. A man who says don't try to justify it because you are a woman.

Advise to the singles, don't ignore warning signs. If you guys don't share the same ideas, values and goals concerning marriage. Take a long walk and don't say age is no more by my side. It is better to marry at 40 and be happy that marry at 20s and be miserable.

All the same, there are still good moments but the core areas that means a lot to me is missing.

I REST MY CASE

Kai. I felt the pain in this write up. I'm still new myself in marriage so I can't really say much. I only pray for healing in your home. God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Ladies Hardly Change Their Surnames After Marriage These Days / Photos From Lalasticlala's Daughter's Birthday Party / Why We Cheat On Our Spouses – Abuja Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.