Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,489 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri (42404 Views)

The Wonderful Characters Of The Man, Jesus By Rose Akpabio / Reno Omokri Visits Laodicean Church In Turkey, The One Jesus Wanted To Spit Out / Reno Omokri: Apostle Suleman's New Accuser & Kaduna Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by dastroud(m): 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
christianity looked manmade to me.....thought i was the only one wondering how the picture of jesus came when into existence when mohamad that came after him never had one.....tho i never believed in any of them!
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by AkumahTalk(m): 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
Do not make graven images - They make graven images
Do not bow down to graven images - They genuflect/bow down
There's only one name (Jesus) given among men whereby they must be saved - They infused mary.
Jesus was given the spiritual authority as our only advocate not mary - They sometimes pray through mary ("...mary pray for us)

The Catholic church is in clear disobedience. IDOL WORSHIPPING!! angry angry angry

MAKE UNA OPEN YOUR EYES AND DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN A PAGAN RELIGION.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by muhakeem(m): 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
sonofananimal:
noble prophet Muham-mad the pedophile!

No wonder you people use stone to wash ya dicck!

Dont forget this statement.., when u live on without having anything to show
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Mikeparlo12(m): 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
Reno.....God bless you for this article, God was really specific in His laws. " thou shall not make any graven image" . Israelites made an image in the wilderness,God struck them and the image. It's so unfortunate that all the "saints" that Catholics calls upon are the idols brought into the church wen Emperor Constantine was converted.
may God open their eyes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by dami2169: 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
Well, this is simple 'IDOLATORY'
nothing more, nothing less.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by dialfa: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
Satan be praised.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by muhakeem(m): 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
mcdon1986:

wow, it only means you don't know what your Islam really teaches....I am not in any away supporting the Catholic..because truly there practice is not what Jesus taught and most of their beliefs does not have its root from the Bible and the life of God which is spirit ...but Islam/Quran.....? and the known extremist well.... from your Heart call upon the creator of the universe to show the truth about himself and you'll be amazed
still meditating on ur quotes, CNT really figure out the facts included, if any
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by saintneo(m): 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
All the people criticizing this statue are hypocrites.

These hypocrites will rush to snap pictures at Rio de Janeiro Jesus Statue if given the opportunity.

haterz gonna hate

1 Like

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by menxer: 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
The biggest mistake to make is ring a bell calling people to reason on an issue that touches their belief system, especially in Nigeria, very few would respond; and that to blindly defend what they were made to belief.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Gentleveks(m): 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
charcoal:
Looking 4 comments with tha highest like to read, na dose people make sense pass 4 Nl
guy e be like say u dey my mind thats how i roll

1 Like

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by irynterri(f): 10:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
kings09:
Op why has d statue erected in Brazil not bn criticised. am not in support of d statue erection but can we stop making a big issue out of dis. y havnt any1 said anythn abt d statue dats standing in Rio, Brazil. 9ja ppl be like crabs - always trying to pull down one anoda
d same hypocritical nigerians will still go to rio and happily take a pix beside it,the "pull him down syndrome" in this country is too much..they can neva be satisfied with someone's achievement and they won't do any aside from condemn

2 Likes

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by tuzle(m): 10:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
bebe2:
Choi, see money miss road ooo,

Was it nto the same jesus that said how can u claim to love me that u haven't seen when u dont love ur neighbour that u have seen?

Thousand of hungry, sick and frustrated pple are in that community oo, but guess wat is this man's priority, a carved statue that no one is really sure of.

That cud be d image of lucifer, no one knows. undecided
how many of ur neigbours hav u helped?

1 Like

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by realglob(m): 10:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
Rubbish
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by phrankchek(m): 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
AkumahTalk:
There's only one name (Jesus) given among men whereby they must be saved - They infused mary.
Jesus was given the spiritual authority as our only advocate not mary - They sometimes pray through mary ("...mary pray for us)

The Catholic church is in clear disobedience. IDOL WORSHIPPING!! angry angry angry

soo why do u call ur pastor to pray for you?...."pastor please[b] pray for us[/b] my mum and sister is sick i don't know what is happening in our family" okkk your pastor is closer to God than Mary the mother of Jesus christ abi/

1 Like

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by goldfish80(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
why havent people asked questions about the statue of the so called three wise men,with funny looking hats, making some weird sign language erected in Lagos? or other statues of little or no significance erected all over the country? The statue of Jesus in Rio is one of the biggest tourist attraction in Brazil, which attracts people from all over the globe. Why are Nigerian penticostals so out to get to the catholics in whatever they do?

3 Likes

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by teadrake(m): 10:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
ta4ba3:
As for me I can't worship that statue I only worship God through his son JESUS... so they leavetrashforlawma
I mean no disrespect sir/ma but why worship God via his son?Did God forbid you worshipped him directly?
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by danidee10(m): 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
I don't agree with OP or catholicism totally, but nobody has the right to criticize another person beliefs because the main truth deep down is that nobody knows the real way....if there was truly a certified way to God why are there so many religions today....there's a reason for all this (i don't know the reason yet, nobody knows)...most people get their opinions because of the way they were raised when they were little...you have Christians becoming muslims and vice-versa

Before chrsitianity there was African traditional religion here in Africa, there were other religions before christianity or islam or most of the major religions today

My point is believe what you want to believe as far as you don't hurt others or make others uncomfortable or persecute them....would you tell me that before Abraham there were no good human beings even if they didn't know who God was, Religion has blinded the rational thinking of many of us (even me too)

I also believe God dosen't care about all these minute details of you going to church, or praying countless times in one day (You can never deceive him he is wiser than you, you are only doing that one to deceive humans and for your own pocket)....it's ok to be dedicated but be sincere and don't condemn anyone who dosen't behave as you expect him to....cuz most of you were born into your beliefs

A muslim can swear by his destiny that islam is the way forward
Catholics will say other christians are missing the point
Pentecostals will say that catholics are worshipping idols

I could go on and on but i'll stop here for now

1 Like

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Gentleveks(m): 10:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
Proudly catholic there is no over 1billion catholics will go to hell so all this one way una de talk na nonsence

2 Likes

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by irynterri(f): 10:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mikeparlo12:
Reno.....God bless you for this article, God was really specific in His laws. " thou shall not make any graven image" . Israelites made an image in the wilderness,God struck them and the image. It's so unfortunate that all the "saints" that Catholics calls upon are the idols brought into the church wen Emperor Constantine was converted.
may God open their eyes.
do not forget that winged creatures were made over the covenant box and God was pleased with it..as far it is used with the intention of glorifying the most high God and not some lesser gods do not judge..on the issue of saints a little read up on history will help you

1 Like

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by carsonchuks(m): 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
This is rubbish. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the statue. We believe it represents our Lord jesus christ and not that we worship it. Total rubbish by reno omokri and I dnt expect sensible people to read meaning into someone's act of kindness.

2 Likes

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Christmasdon(m): 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
Now! let me keep it straight and if you want to. CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE ONLY CHURCH THAT GUARANTEEs YOU A QUICK SALVATION. Thats why there are lots of its members all around the world clamping on it and holding it tight. My brother My sister, before you realise this it might be too late. JESUS said to peter on you i shall build my church! What is that church the sucessors of peter which is the pope. Gate of hell shall not prevail.(hope i quoted very correctly) what are those gate of hell you and me trying to bring it down by castigating the church but, after all we fail. Also GAVE PETER THE KEYS to SALVATION, WHATEVER you banNED ON EARTH..... I hope you know that passage too well. My brother my sister come back to the parent church ,you and me have been mislead. But! Blessed are those who still held it tight.

4 Likes

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by danidee10(m): 10:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mikeparlo12:
may God open their eyes.

Are you an israelite...why has God not been striking all the catholics and idol worshippers down....do you sitdown to think with the head God gave you....

God gave you ur head and your brain to think

I still wonder why God in the old testament was a little harsh than the God we see today, why was he so angry with the israelites and other humans in general

why would God order his people to destroy other people he also created (does he enjoy wasting life)
why would he punish people for the sins of their parents and forefathers (imagine you beating a small innocent baby that dosen't know anything because his father was mean to you or wronged you)

that time God dosen't condone any sort of nonsense compared to the God being potrayed today....i'm not an atheist...but i'm very sure of one thing that Humans have twisted the idea of God to suit their personal gain..

1 Like

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by danidee10(m): 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
AkumahTalk:

You don't have the right to condemn anybody....or tell them they are wrong and you're right....u don't
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Christmasdon(m): 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
GODS WORD THE BIBLE termed the devil a deceiver. If you have left the catholic church you have been deceived. Period.! Because, the Roman catholic church has been the only church on ground from immemorial. Take it or leave it. There and then! You will hold hands proclaiming No weapon fashioned against me or your family shall prosper' Meanwhile, the devil have been aswell fashioning hell as church and churches for you. Sorry! O . Many churches cropping here and there everyday! I repeat Gate of hell shall not prevail. Nah bible talkam. LONG LIVE THE CHURCH OF GOD.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by bebe2(f): 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
tuzle:
how many of ur neigbours hav u helped?
Plenty, plenty
As my power reach,

If no for neighbour wahala I for don stop to wear costume jewelry tay tay
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Geulink: 11:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
Thanks for this write up. We were charge to teach others and guide others into all truth. We have to condemn what is evil so that many will not fall prey to it.
The Roman Catholic church have caused a lot of damage to christainity.
1. The changing of God's law(sabbath from Saturday 7th day to Sunday 1st day)
2. Bowing down to graven images( earthly or heavenly)
3. Changing of God's calendar etc
I thank God that daily his truth are being revealed to his people.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by tuzle(m): 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
bebe2:

Plenty, plenty
As my power reach,

If no for neighbour wahala I for don stop to wear costume jewelry tay tay
dat is nice, people like u are hard to find. But i hope all u said are not lies
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Sirguytuu: 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
Op. Of all the churches in the world, which one can trace her lineage directly back to christ?
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by JayB11(m): 11:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
ajoguegbe:
Many Roman Catholic practices have no biblical roots, unfortunately Muhammed copied most of this false Christianity while forming Islam. You can notice Catholicism has a lot of resemblance to Islam, or rather vice versa. From the chaplet to the scapula to the name Fatima etc. Last Friday, I was passing through Yaba and saw catholics on procession blocking major roads and I remembered Shite Muslims. May God open their eyes though the worst being that they refuse to acknowledge their blindness.

Proverbs 26:12
Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for them.

John 15:22
If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin.
Catholism is d root of ur church, the bible was compiled by catholics, Peter the apostle of christ whom Jesus built his church on is the fountain of catholic church. Dont talk about wat you dont understand. The statue is not meant for worship, be rational in ur thought.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by kindredspirit(m): 11:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
The image / face of Jesus with European features is believed to be that of Cesare Borgia, son of Pope Alexander VI.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by smogup: 11:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
People who oppose religious statuary forget about the many passages where the Lord commands the making of statues. For example: "And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be" (Ex. 25:18–20). David gave Solomon the plan "for the altar of incense made of refined gold, and its weight; also his plan for the golden chariot of the cherubim that spread their wings and covered the ark of the covenant of the Lord. All this he made clear by the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all, all the work to be done according to the plan" (1 Chr. 28:18–19). David’s plan for the temple, which the biblical author tells us was "by the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all," included statues of angels. Similarly Ezekiel 41:17–18 describes graven (carved) images in the idealized temple he was shown in a vision, for he writes, "On the walls round about in the inner room and [on] the nave were carved likenesses of cherubim." The Religious Uses of Images During a plague of serpents sent to punish the Israelites during the exodus, God told Moses to "make [a statue of] a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would look at the bronze serpent and live" (Num. 21:8–9). One had to look at the bronze statue of the serpent to be healed, which shows that statues could be used ritually, not merely as religious decorations. Catholics use statues, paintings, and other artistic devices to recall the person or thing depicted. Just as it helps to remember one’s mother by looking at her photograph, so it helps to recall the example of the saints by looking at pictures of them. Catholics also use statues as teaching tools. In the early Church they were especially useful for the instruction of the illiterate. Many Protestants have pictures of Jesus and other Bible pictures in Sunday school for teaching children. Catholics also use statues to commemorate certain people and events, much as Protestant churches have three-dimensional nativity scenes at Christmas. If one measured Protestants by the same rule, then by using these "graven" images, they would be practicing the "idolatry" of which they accuse Catholics. But there’s no idolatry going on in these situations. God forbids the worship of images as gods, but he doesn’t ban the making of images. If he had, religious movies, videos, photographs, paintings, and all similar things would be banned. But, as the case of the bronze serpent shows, God does not even forbid the ritual use of religious images. It is when people begin to adore a statue as a god that the Lord becomes angry. Thus when people did start to worship the bronze serpent as a snake-god (whom they named "Nehushtan"wink, the righteous king Hezekiah had it destroyed (2 Kgs. 18:4).

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Secrete Behind All White Garment Churches / "Pastor Prays And Boys Hand Grows Back To Normal Inside Church" (video) / Andrew Ejimadu Seer 1 Gives N1million To A Cleaner He Met In Hotel (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.