Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri (42413 Views)

The Wonderful Characters Of The Man, Jesus By Rose Akpabio / Reno Omokri Visits Laodicean Church In Turkey, The One Jesus Wanted To Spit Out / Reno Omokri: Apostle Suleman's New Accuser & Kaduna Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by luxpopuli: 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
The Statue depicts What it represents.
It's all about faith
If one looks at it to be Satan, it becomes that to him
If one takes it to depict Christ, then it is.
Just like the Brozen serpent in book of exodus

2 Likes

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by biafranqueen: 12:01am On Jan 04, 2016
Mumuism na just start oooo!

Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by glamz007(m): 12:01am On Jan 04, 2016
What pisses me off about Some ppl that claim to be Christians is that they really can't differentiate btw when they r corrected and when they r being judged.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by glamz007(m): 12:05am On Jan 04, 2016
tete7000:
Proud to be a catholic. You have any question about my faith? Come to my catechism class. I don't have energy to engage some fundamentals here in an unproductive argument. For more than a thousand year these arguments have been going but thank God while those that put them forward keep changing, the Church remain the same one holy, catholic and apostolic.
proud to be a Catholic or a Christian... am starting to wonder if Catholic is another Religion on its own
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by glamz007(m): 12:07am On Jan 04, 2016
phrankchek:
all these protestants self.........

1. the bible you are even quoting was compiled by the same catholic church you criticise...soo how will you have knowledge about the bible more than those that compiled it?

2. The catholic church you say "worship" statue have been in existence since 363 a.d bible figures like peter, john etc where alive and witnessed most of these practises...so do you know more than them? or do you think God will allow the same church to exist all through the centuries if they are "deceiving" people with their doctrines?

3. And i will say it like the 1 million time...CATHOLICS DO NOT WORSHIP STATUES!!!! haba!! statues,images,relics of dead saints are things that help us to remember those people, what they meant to us...you watch movie you see people pick a picture of someone that died whom they love and weep are they worshiping the picture? and if you call it idol worshiping i believe some of your pastors go to some villages and burn down shrines and deities...why haven't they entered any catholic church and conduct "deliverance" by burning down those statues

4. in that same bible God himself ordered moses to put a serpent up on a pole so anyone who looks up to it can be healed, soo did God made his people worship the serpent??

5. and is not rational thinking for christ to order people to make a statue of him when he was on earth, he preaches from place to place...we never hear that he had alot to feed those that followed him soo at that time how will you be making a statue of someone that you walk about the whole country with - preaching?.....when Ojukwu died people decided to make a statue as a make of reference for him and what he stood for...now imagine him when he was alive telling people to go and make a statue of him? what will people say about him?
so u can swear that you've never seen any Catholic that bow down infront of these images??
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by old2boy(m): 12:08am On Jan 04, 2016
NO! Jesus took human flesh to die for humans. He is now glorified above what any human depicts.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by bigfrancis21: 12:45am On Jan 04, 2016
It is funny that even with scientific and biblical evidence that continue to show otherwise that Jesus was not a white man, Africans have continued to perpetuate and adore the greatest lie in humanity of a white Jesus. I was disappointed to say the least when I saw the story of the largest statue of 'Jesus' built in Owerri.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by aperture11: 1:30am On Jan 04, 2016
Finally people are starting to ask the right questions. Questions people like John Wesley and Martin Luther King asked.
The picture that has been bandied around for centuries cannot be what Jesus looked like. He was a Jew, and jewish men do not wear long hair and neither do they have blue eyes or are they Caucasians. They are from the Asia minor and we all know what they look like there.

What he looked like on earth should never even matter and no image of him should have ever been made. There is no account in the 66 books of the bible that an image of the Christian should be made.
This is pure idolatry. Shikena
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by ta4ba3(m): 3:32am On Jan 04, 2016
teadrake:

I mean no disrespect sir/ma but why worship God via his son?Did God forbid you worshipped him directly?

No on cometh to d father except through d son...
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by ademoladeji(m): 3:44am On Jan 04, 2016
teadrake:

I mean no disrespect sir/ma but why worship God via his son?Did God forbid you worshipped him directly?

A very direct and wise question....

Religion with Confusion...
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by tete7000(m): 4:43am On Jan 04, 2016
glamz007:
proud to be a Catholic or a Christian... am starting to wonder if Catholic is another Religion on its own
Feel entitled to your opinion. Owe you no explanation for mine.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Masterclass32: 5:04am On Jan 04, 2016
Reno make sense o.

Though I want to believe the statue is just a symbol like the one in Brazil.

Left to me though, I would discourage the construction of any statue as there's a thing line between simlpe aesthetic appreciation and idolatry, especially if the piece of art in question has to do with the supposed images of the originators of world religions like Budha, Zoroaster, Jesus etc.

I would've used to resources invested in this project to better the lot of the poor, the orphans, the widows etc. That is more rewarding.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by ajoguegbe(m): 5:41am On Jan 04, 2016
Catholicism is not the root of my church please(My church is built on the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Jesus himself being the chief cornerstone according to Eph 2:20. The Foundation of the Apostles(New Testament and Prophets(Old Testament) simply refers to the Bible which was written by Apostles and Prophets with Jesus being the central theme or cornerstone. Moreso, please know that Christ didn't build his church on Peter. When He said on this Rock I'll build my church(Matt 16:18), he was referring to the revelation Peter brought that Jesus is the Christ, the church is built on that revelation not on a human being. I don't have time to argue but may God open your eyes
JayB11:

Catholism is d root of ur church, the bible was compiled by catholics, Peter the apostle of christ whom Jesus built his church on is the fountain of catholic church. Dont talk about wat you dont understand. The statue is not meant for worship, be rational in ur thought.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Anointed08(m): 6:08am On Jan 04, 2016
Do we need any image to worship Jesus? Catholics have gone astray in so many ways especially in the area of making and chanting before questionable images.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by AkumahTalk(m): 6:17am On Jan 04, 2016
danidee10:

Well, I did not write the bible. Was just stating what has been clearly written. GOD in his infinite wisdom had already given us the clear warning before hand. However, the enemy is very crafty, he always finds a way to cause people to disobey. I'm not saying that there are no true Christians in the Catholic church. However, they are doing a lot of things in error. We are to follow the bible and not any man or institution especially when it goes against the instructions of God. Reno Omokri has just made it clear. BE WISE.

You don't have the right to condemn anybody....or tell them they are wrong and you're right....u don't
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by AkumahTalk(m): 6:29am On Jan 04, 2016
Those who have left this world have no power to intercede on your behalf; only Jesus Christ. My pastor is alive and the bible clearly says that we the earthly body of Christ should pray (in the name of Jesus) with and for each other. You be the judge.
phrankchek:

soo why do u call ur pastor to pray for you?...."pastor please[b] pray for us[/b] my mum and sister is sick i don't know what is happening in our family" okkk your pastor is closer to God than Mary the mother of Jesus christ abi/
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by nyabinghi(m): 6:39am On Jan 04, 2016
2000logos:
Church simply means a place where a deity is worshipers. Jesus is my deity , who is yours?

No church can save you when you get to heaven, whether you are a Pentecostal or Catholic...Whether you know Bible from beginning till end...you will be judged by your works...If someone has erected a statue of his savior, it is how much that person is worth to him..

Don't be surprised if Muslims even reach heaven before you! #Make your path straight for heaven, check your life you will know you have a lot to correct rather than writing inconclusive articles about Christianity.....Are there no Paint Artists during is time??

What ever you think you believe may be totally false too my friend.You don't know God's mind.

[size=16pt]
Get your company a custom well designed logo ?-Whatsapp08062691462-for my works
[/size]

islam is the real route to heaven, christianity is confusion.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by UltraSphinx(m): 6:45am On Jan 04, 2016
2000logos:
Church simply means a place where a deity is worshipers. Jesus is my deity , who is yours?

No church can save you when you get to heaven, whether you are a Pentecostal or Catholic...Whether you know Bible from beginning till end...you will be judged by your works...If someone has erected a statue of his savior, it is how much that person is worth to him..

Don't be surprised if Muslims even reach heaven before you! #Make your path straight for heaven, check your life you will know you have a lot to correct rather than writing inconclusive articles about Christianity.. [size=16pt]
[b][/b]
[/size]

what are you insinuating? why must you use muslims as an example? are you implying that muslims are a damned creeD that shouldn't make heaven before your idol worshipping 'catholic' brothers?
if there is anything i admire about islam, it is their apathy/DISLIKE towards reverence of statues (be it that of allah himself)
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Habiodunz(m): 6:50am On Jan 04, 2016
why yu come dey ask me,am i one of his disciples back then? undecided
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by dodoniyi: 7:31am On Jan 04, 2016
VERY GOOD DELIVERY
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Orikinla(m): 7:34am On Jan 04, 2016
lalasticlala:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/is-that-really-jesus/

[size=28pt]God bless you Pastor Reno Omokri.
That statue is not Jesus Christ, but an abomination by fools for fools.
[/size]
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by FEROH: 7:55am On Jan 04, 2016
Even if that is idolatry, how is that your business? Who made you a judge among men? Is it not the same bible that says you shouldn't judge so that you wouldn't be judged in that same measure? Mr. Obinna though I don't know him will spend his money any how he wants and its not your business. Wait o lemme ask these people that talks about feeding the poor, how many poor people have you fed? Why would you only remember to feed the poor from another man's pocket? People why not mind your own business and stop judging others?
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by wtfCode: 8:11am On Jan 04, 2016
catholics are nothing but pagans, idol worshippers! And they're so blinded to see that. Whenever i see a catholic, i see a muslim.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by wtfCode: 8:11am On Jan 04, 2016
catholics are nothing but pagans, idol worshippers! And they're so blinded to see that. Whenever i see a catholic, i see a muslim.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Holak: 8:14am On Jan 04, 2016
smogup:
People who oppose religious statuary forget
about the many passages where the
Lord commands the making of statues. For
example: "And you shall make two cherubim of
gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of
hammered work shall you make them, on the
two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub
on the one end, and one cherub on the other
end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you
make the cherubim on its two ends. The
cherubim shall spread out their wings above,
overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings,
their faces one to another; toward the mercy
seat shall the faces of the cherubim be" (Ex.
25:18–20).
David gave Solomon the plan "for the altar of
incense made of refined gold, and its weight;
also his plan for the golden chariot of the
cherubim that spread their wings and covered the
ark of the covenant of the Lord. All this he
made clear by the writing of the hand of the
Lord concerning it all, all the work to be done
according to the plan" (1 Chr. 28:18–19). David’s
plan for the temple, which the biblical author
tells us was "by the writing of the hand of
the Lord concerning it all," included statues of
angels.
Similarly Ezekiel 41:17–18 describes graven (carved)
images in the idealized temple he was shown in
a vision, for he writes, "On the walls round
about in the inner room and [on] the nave were
carved likenesses of cherubim."
The Religious Uses of Images
During a plague of serpents sent to punish the
Israelites during the exodus, God told Moses to
"make [a statue of] a fiery serpent, and set it
on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when
he sees it shall live. So Moses made a bronze
serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent
bit any man, he would look at the bronze
serpent and live" (Num. 21:8–9).
One had to look at the bronze statue of the
serpent to be healed, which shows that statues
could be used ritually, not merely as religious
decorations.
Catholics use statues, paintings, and other
artistic devices to recall the person or thing
depicted. Just as it helps to remember one’s
mother by looking at her photograph, so it
helps to recall the example of the saints by
looking at pictures of them. Catholics also use
statues as teaching tools. In the early Church
they were especially useful for the instruction
of the illiterate. Many Protestants have
pictures of Jesus and other Bible pictures in
Sunday school for teaching children. Catholics
also use statues to commemorate certain people
and events, much as Protestant churches have
three-dimensional nativity scenes at Christmas.
If one measured Protestants by the same rule,
then by using these "graven" images, they would
be practicing the "idolatry" of which they
accuse Catholics. But there’s no idolatry going
on in these situations. God forbids
the worship of images as gods, but he doesn’t
ban the making of images. If he had, religious
movies, videos, photographs, paintings, and all
similar things would be banned. But, as the
case of the bronze serpent shows, God does
not even forbid the ritual use of religious
images.
It is when people begin to adore a statue as a
god that the Lord becomes angry. Thus when
people did start to worship the bronze serpent
as a snake-god (whom they named "Nehushtan"wink,
the righteous king Hezekiah had it destroyed (2
Kgs. 18:4).

Thank you for this. There is so much hipocrisy in Pentecostalism!
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by maestroz: 8:15am On Jan 04, 2016
is this the same reno omokirikiri of the past regime? so he is this versed in the bible that he couldn't check the mess in the past regime?
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by franklingud(m): 8:40am On Jan 04, 2016
I am a catholic but I can categorically tell you that statue is not Jesus Christ.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Mpanyi: 8:42am On Jan 04, 2016
glamz007:
so u can swear that you've never seen any Catholic that bow down infront of these images??
I knew defeated about images itself, you people would shift to bowing to the images. After you must have been defeated in that you will shift to something else. Please tell us who the Israelites bow to before the tent/the ark. And I'm sure you have not bowed to anybody in your life. Many things to educate you on but no time.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 04, 2016
This effeminate, feeble looking, long blonde haired Adonis figure that is passed off as Jesus is not Him.

This description got me laughing real hard.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Holak: 8:44am On Jan 04, 2016
Too much hullabaloo about Catholics and images. We may never reach a conclusion but one thing is that there is so much hipocrisy in Nigeria especially among pentecostals (sorry to say this). When you go through this post and see uncomplimentary remarks about other faiths, you begin to wonder whether people who do this are actually doing God's bidding. They have become God to condemn the Catholic church, they have judged all the catholics and proclaimed them damned. There will always be arguments about the finite details of religion and both sides will have proof to back up their argument as has been laid down here. It goes to show that even God may eventually not be interested in those finite details. God will not condemn all the Catholics because they erect images or will sanction all pentecostals because they do not. Even among the pentecostals, do they hold the same belief in all practices? The answer is no. Which is even why there are numerous ministries and churches within the pentecostal domain. But talk about the Catholics, everybody jumps out to condemn and declare them idol worshippers. Those who do this have very limited knowledge of the Catholic church and the people therein, they may have just read a few chapters of the Bible and feel they are qualified to condemn the Catholic church. These people do not manifest any fruit of the spirit in their life or could be recognized as Christians wherever they are but they are righteous simply because they attend a pentecostal church. They are still the people taking bribes in the office, having concubines, telling lies to deceive the public but the erection of a statue to them is the most important yardstick for judging a religion. I believe that if we can preach love above all things which was Christ's message, the different practices (which all religions are guilty of) become less important. Love will ensure that we treat people fairly. It will ensure that people don't embezzle public fund meant for everybody. It will ensure people don't kill, defraud or steal from one another. It will ensure the society behaves the way God plans for it and I believe that was the essence that Christ died for.
Re: Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri by Mpanyi: 8:47am On Jan 04, 2016
franklingud:
I am a catholic but I can categorically tell you that statue is not Jesus Christ.

You're not a catholic. Or you are just a nominal catholic. Whether it is actual image of Christ or not, it still remains image. It still reminds every man of Christ, even SHOUTING it. And anything ascribed to Christ must be respected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe / Secrete Behind All White Garment Churches / Those Attacking Me Now Kept Quiet When El-rufai Tweeted Hate Speech - Suleiman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.