Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? (1765 Views)

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? / Should I Be Worried If My Girlfriend Sex Chats With Guys? / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by topup: 3:18am On Jun 15, 2009
Hey everyone,

I was discussing with some friends and we got chatting about preferences, in the opposite sex.

One guy in particular has been flirting with me on and off for the past year and recently started becoming even more shy and caught off-guard around me so of course I get the impression that he has a crush on me (he occasionally tells me I'm beautiful and compliments me too).

However, in this discussion he admitted that he found my friend's figure to be incredibly sexy, she's slimmer than me, more toned, and has large breasts, however her appearance is more slim than curvy. He reiterated that he liked her look because she appeared very flexible (LOL kinky guy).

Anyways, guys share insight, how am I supposed to feel, what does this mean, she's my friend so it's a little close for comfort and his reason too

I was slightly jealous, but then I was thinking, does this mean that he probably lusts after my friend or am I just over-reacting?
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Nobody: 3:21am On Jun 15, 2009
perhaps he really wasnt flirting with you and you were simply assuming based on a few compliments? smiley
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by topup: 3:25am On Jun 15, 2009
Perhaps, but I'm good at these things.

It's been going on for longer than a year.

AND he admitted that he would most like to get married to me. . yada yada yah. . He says that he sees qualities of his ideal girlfriend in me.

More proof david?
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by chihums(m): 3:29am On Jun 15, 2009
allow time to pass. u'll soon no just keep on smiling and try to ward off jealousy for it's rotteness to d bones
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Desire2(f): 3:29am On Jun 15, 2009
I have to admit, I wouldn't know how to respond to this. It is perfectly normal to be jealous though as long as you can control it.

I got a question though, while he was flirting and complimenting you, what was your response like?
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Nobody: 3:29am On Jun 15, 2009
Ask him if he wants to date you and stop playing hide and seek.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 3:30am On Jun 15, 2009
maybe he's giving up on you. lol over a year is a long time
you don't like him back do you? why were you jealous?
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 15, 2009
ha the consequences of playing hard to get.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by chihums(m): 3:43am On Jun 15, 2009
i commend ur polished english. if ur conduct is polished too and u are beautiful. never too worry ur Mr right will come. if he truly loves u he'll do all he can to get u, no matter how hard u play to get not flirting with ur friend. a lot of guys like people who sincerely are hard to get because those ones would ever be faithful wen they are gotten. my advice is dat wen u see the rite man that has d qualities u want go 4 him. if he truly loves u he'll like everything about u and not compare u wit another.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by topup: 3:48am On Jun 15, 2009
Desiré:

I have to admit, I wouldn't know how to respond to this. It is perfectly normal to be jealous though as long as you can control it.

I got a question though, while he was flirting and complimenting you, what was your response like?

I was shy, and unsure if he was being serious because of the fact that he was flirty with every one too. When he's tipsy he can be very flirty, but I'm usually just grateful when he compliments me, and I return the favour. My usual response is to just say thankyou, nothing more, it takes more than compliments for me to fall head over heels.

I'm not raging with jealousy, it's just made me wonder if it's possible to really like someone but then like their friend's body more.

oyinda.:

maybe he's giving up on you. lol over a year is a long time
you don't like him back do you? why were you jealous?

I met him a year ago, along with many other people, he went his own way and I mine, and made his own friends and over the course of the year we've been working together in a group, causing a lot of frustration, so I was never interested since he was always criticising me and bossing me around. He was never consistent with the signals either.

Maybe he is giving up on me, though I wouldn't say so since he still gets really shy and freezes around me, but it doesn't really matter since he's travelling soon. . lol The story of my life.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by chihums(m): 3:49am On Jun 15, 2009
i'm feeling sleepy
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Nobody: 3:50am On Jun 15, 2009
If you care enough to be jealous, then you gotta tell him what you feel.

Before you lose him

chihums:

i'm feeling sleepy
. . . . .and?
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by topup: 3:52am On Jun 15, 2009
chihums:

i commend ur polished english. if ur conduct is polished too and u are beautiful. never too worry ur Mr right will come. if he truly loves u he'll do all he can to get u, no matter how hard u play to get not flirting with ur friend. a lot of guys like people who sincerely are hard to get because those ones would ever be faithful wen they are gotten. my advice is dat wen u see the rite man that has d qualities u want go 4 him. if he truly loves u he'll like everything about u and not compare u wit another.

Thank you.

But in all sincerity is the last line true, or really that simple.

I have had boyfriends in the past who I have truly cared about but felt that I loved them despite their bellys, or skinny legs or whatever's supposed to be a turn-off for a typical woman. This meant that I acknowlegded the fact that they had these flaws.

Are you trying to explain that the guy who loves me might be aware of the flaws, but to him he wouldn't see them as flaws??

I love the advice, because I believe even if it is not always the case, it is worth holding it as a standard, any lower could drive a woman to choose a man who can subtract from her self-confidence.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by chihums(m): 3:54am On Jun 15, 2009
sorry, if i may ask 'how old are u? u sound very precious
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by topup: 4:00am On Jun 15, 2009
FL Gators:

If you care enough to be  jealous, then you gotta tell him what you feel.

Before you lose him
. . . . .and?

Maybe that's it, maybe that's all it takes. But that contradicts the advice above, about a guy who is truly interested will do almost whatever it takes to get his desired girl.

This guy has sent me numerous signals, but we've mostly been out of sync, when I was willing to reciprocate, he would be more focused on the 'single life' and dancing with random girls on the dancefloor and chatting up girls and collecting numbers, and when I lose interest, he compliments me about being beautiful and being too good for my ex. He wanted me to break up with my ex and he did give me the vibe he was really interested, but when it came down to it, he didn't initiate anything. It wasn't just me who was dwindling.

Who knows maybe he actually has no idea of how I feel. . does that matter though? I know most confident guys would chase the girl of their dreams, and maybe others wait for encouragement, but really, I don't feel to encourage someone who seems to lack focus. I don't want to pick him, I want him to pick me.

chihums:

sorry, if i may ask 'how old are u? u sound very precious

smiley I haven't heard it put that way before.

I'm not a teenager, I'm slightly naive and very open, I don't pretend to know more than I do, and question asking can make me seem like I lack knowledge or that I'm young and impressionable, but if you spoke to me in real life, I'm quite sarcastic and at times sceptical.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by chihums(m): 4:11am On Jun 15, 2009
topup, sorry o. i didn't mean to embarrass, intimidate or even put ur knowledge into question. i was just trying to find out if u are above 20. though i didn't put that well. hope u understand.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by topup: 4:20am On Jun 15, 2009
chihums:

topup, sorry o. i didn't mean to embarrass, intimidate or even put ur knowledge into question. i was just trying to find out if u are above 20. though i didn't put that well. hope u understand.

No worries. smiley

You didn't embarass me.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by topup: 4:23am On Jun 15, 2009
chihums:

my advice is dat wen u see the rite man that has d qualities u want go 4 him.

You mean, chase him or reciprocate or??
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by acidrop(f): 4:30am On Jun 15, 2009
wow! stand up for ur friend gurl, first of all ask ur friend wassup witchu ur man? and if she does nothing bou it nxt tym shut him down
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by SeanT21(f): 4:37am On Jun 15, 2009
He is after your friend. He is just using you to get close to her.

1 of those GAMES MEN PLAY!!
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by topup: 4:38am On Jun 15, 2009
SeanT21:

He is after your friend. He is just using you to get close to her.

1 of those GAMES MEN PLAY!!

Who knows. .

So, does that mean, if a guy likes you, he'll always like everything about you??
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Nobody: 4:41am On Jun 15, 2009
topup:

Maybe that's it, maybe that's all it takes. But that contradicts the advice above, about a guy who is truly interested will do almost whatever it takes to get his desired girl.

This guy has sent me numerous signals, but we've mostly been out of sync, when I was willing to reciprocate, he would be more focused on the 'single life' and dancing with random girls on the dancefloor and chatting up girls and collecting numbers, and when I lose interest, he compliments me about being beautiful and being too good for my ex. He wanted me to break up with my ex and he did give me the vibe he was really interested, but when it came down to it, he didn't initiate anything. It wasn't just me who was dwindling.

Who knows maybe he actually has no idea of how I feel. . does that matter though? I know most confident guys would chase the girl of their dreams, and maybe others wait for encouragement, but really, I don't feel to encourage someone who seems to lack focus. I don't want to pick him, I want him to pick me.

Then make him know how you feel right now.

Any guy would do anything to get the girl he wants, but there's a limit. There's a point when the game becomes too boring to play, esp when the one desired shows no interest.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 4:44am On Jun 15, 2009
topup:

I met him a year ago, along with many other people, he went his own way and I mine, and made his own friends and over the course of the year we've been working together in a group, causing a lot of frustration, so I was never interested since he was always criticising me and bossing me around. He was never consistent with the signals either.

Maybe he is giving up on me, though I wouldn't say so since he still gets really shy and freezes around me, but it doesn't really matter since he's travelling soon. . lol The story of my life.

he is very flirty with a lot of girls, he was always criticizing and bossing you around and at at the same time flirting and telling you he wants to marry you?
Is he naturally shy or he is shy only when he's around you? he doesn't seem to be shy to me if he has the courage to boss you around and flirt with you like that. The things he said about your friend aren't even characteristic of a shy person or even someone who would have interest in you for that matter.

are you sure he likes/liked you?
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 4:44am On Jun 15, 2009
Women tend to internalize and personalize shit in situations like this.  Dudes on the other hand try to make certain that what they have their hopes up on is truly real.

I think you need to verbalize it wit him baby baby.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 4:48am On Jun 15, 2009
Take me as an example. I'm a big flirt. A lot of girls let it get to their already big heads, so it fattens up even more. Even when I communicate it to them that I was only joking, they feel like they're hot shit. Now, when I do the same thing with another friend of hers she gets mad and tells her that I'm a "player", which basically focks up my rep.

The good news is that I don't care because I was only doing it for fun.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 4:49am On Jun 15, 2009
The bad news for him is that when a girl he truly likes comes around, those girls would have filled her head up with negative information about him that he's gonna have a hard time getting her. wink
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 4:56am On Jun 15, 2009
*cough*
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 5:00am On Jun 15, 2009
lol what? it's true. u have nothing to worry about tho baby
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 5:07am On Jun 15, 2009
now that I think about it. you and topup have a few things in common. but as you can see, she doesn't really like it when guys are huge flirts so don't ruin your chances now tongue
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 5:11am On Jun 15, 2009
oyinda.:

now that I think about it. you and topup have a few things in common. but as you can see, she doesn't really like it when guys are huge flirts so don't ruin your chances now tongue
funny. what do you mean? what do we have in common.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 5:16am On Jun 15, 2009
oyin, when was the lst time you had suya? i'm eating some suya right now and i almost forgot how good it tastes.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 5:20am On Jun 15, 2009
same age range, knack for creating romance topics, and worst of all, you are both MUSHYYYYYYYYY  tongue
if you start paining your posts (brown will complement the teal), you would be just perfect for each other.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Understanding Nigerian Women / Why Do Guy Prefer Working Class Ladies / Relationship Vice: Meddling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.