Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass (800 Views)

Check Out This Wooden Hoverboard Made In Africa By A Carpenter / 'Made In Africa' Hoverboard: Created Out Of Wood By Carpenter / Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass by Sphilip1(m): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
One of the Priest in Philippines was suspended for riding a hoverboard during a Christmas Eve service.

CNN news reported:
"The priest, who hasn't been named, used the toy to glide in and out of rows of churchgoers while singing a Christmas song in English and Tagalog, which was caught on camera and has since gone viral,".

Members of the congregation seem to be enjoying the display as some of them were taking photos while others videos

The Roman Catholic Diocese of San Pablo, in a Facebook post, stated the priest will take time to think on what he has done.

According to the post
The Eucharist demands utmost respect and reverence. It is the Remembrance of the Lord's Sacrifice. It is the Church's highest form of worship and is the source and summit of Christian life. Consequently, it is not a personal celebration where one can capriciously introduce something to get the attention of the people .

The priest acknowledged that his action was not right and that it was a wake up call for him. He promised that it will not happen again.

"He will be out of the parish and will spend some time to reflect on this past event."

He said he is truly sorry for his actions.

for full info check
http://www.techkibay.com/2016/01/priest-suspended-for-riding-hoverboard.html

Re: Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
I'm a Filipino & I disagreed on this priest's action...he may thought it's cool but honestly this is the house of God & he disrespect it...watta shame! angry
Re: Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass by jmaxjohn(m): 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
KashyBaby:
I'm a Filipino & I disagreed on this priest's action...he may thought it's cool but honestly this is the house of God & he disrespect it...watta shame! angry
How please? undecided
Re: Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
jmaxjohn:

How please? undecided

U go watch the viral clip & try to ponder it..
Re: Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass by StPete: 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
Kashybaby, I totally disagree wit u on dis one. I'm Catholic and it is never against the canon law to use any piece of technology as long as it does not cause you to comit sin. It's just like saying it's wrong to use a projector for presentation rather than writing wit pen on a board.
Re: Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
StPete:
Kashybaby, I totally disagree wit u on dis one. I'm Catholic and it is never against the canon law to use any piece of technology as long as it does not cause you to comit sin. It's just like saying it's wrong to use a projector for presentation rather than writing wit pen on a board.

Regardless of the religion, a church leader shudnt use this kind of electronic while preaching...
He disrespect the house of God by distracting ppol who came there to worship. The house of God shud be solemn and not like a market..
Projector can make ppol sync all together but this hoverboard is a disgrace to any church leader using it while having a mass...

1 Like

Re: Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
KashyBaby:

Honestly i didnt read your post but i agreee with you

Also

i want you sa crush ang aking ulo ng mga kulog hita
Re: Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

Honestly i didnt read your post but i agreee with you

Also

i want you sa crush ang aking ulo ng mga kulog hita

Google bully u cool

1 Like

Re: Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2016
KashyBaby:

Google bully u cool

Lol, you got me, but seriously those are a nice pair embarassed
Re: Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

Lol, you got me, but seriously those are a nice pair embarassed

Lol... grin tnx
Re: Priest Suspended For Riding Hoverboard During Mass by Sphilip1(m): 4:29am On Jan 08, 2016
You know it can be a distraction to people like me... And a few others... But like i said in my post... The priest appologized for his actions...

(1) (Reply)

Hacking Team Attacker Reveals Secrets / We Must Embrace Science And Technology For 'Real Change' / Meet The Nigerian Who Created An Electricity Generator Powered By Water.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.