Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,450 members, 7,801,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. (18556 Views)

Nigerians And Their Use Of The English language - BBC (Hilarious) / List Of New Words Added To The English Dictionary In 2016 / What's The English Name Of Moimoi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. by tope3x(m): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
someone asked what is the English name for moi-moi the other time and I believe this is the best time for me to ask this question that has been bothering me for long. ..what is the English name for IGBAKO? I'm not joking ooo...someone should please tell me
Re: What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. by Kenzico(m): 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
To gather - for example Gathering for an occasion

1 Like

Re: What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. by tope3x(m): 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
IGBAKO I mean is that thing you use to serve your food like eba,amala,pounded yam,apu and others

Kenzico:
To gather - for example Gathering for an occasion
Re: What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. by YorubaWoman: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
Kini ta fi ma un pon amala, eba, iyan, fufu ati semo wink
Re: What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. by AdeniyiA(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
it's also SPATULA...

1 Like

Re: What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. by tope3x(m): 9:50am On Jan 18, 2016
still no answer?
Re: What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. by abayomi(m): 12:15pm On May 04, 2022
Igbako is 2 1 4 food 1 4 frying garri
Re: What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. by Riskyb(m): 5:56pm On May 04, 2022
Igbako--serving spoon

Moi-Moi--beans pudding
Re: What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. by duro4chang(m): 6:25pm On May 04, 2022
Igbako is igbako. Moinmoin is moinmoin. Let the English people learn how to call things in our own way .
Re: What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. by sinkhole: 7:27am On May 05, 2022
duro4chang:
Igbako is igbako. Moinmoin is moinmoin. Let the English people learn how to call things in our own way .
Thank you very much, I think this is the correct answer, "thumb's up" (Seun refused to provide emoji for that).
For the sake of explanation, Igbako will be "food packer"
Re: What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. by christejames(m): 8:07am On May 05, 2022
Language is dynamic, each language has so many words it borrowed from another, even your Almighty English... Stop trying to impress the whites by transliteralizing local words into English.

Let the whites pronounce it the way we do because it has no English name.

Let Akara be Akara, Akamu-Akamu, Okpa-Okpa, Moi moi - Moi moi, Okpehe-Okpehe et al...

BTW, Igbako in Igbo means to gather or come together. You see, so many words in a language sounds alike in another or are borrowed from another... No try to the sound 'foneh' pass the Oyibo.

(1) (Reply)

NO REGISTRATION FEE: Get Paid To Read News / 10 Important Things You Must Learn How To Do Before Graduating From University / ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.