Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) (16147 Views)

Wike Hands Over New Federal High Court Complex To Chief Judge Of Federal Court(p / Is Kashim Zanna, The Chief Judge Of Borno State The Tallest Judge In Nigeria? / Wike Swears In 22 LGA Caretaker Chairmen In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by lalasticlala(m): 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2016

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has described his swearing-in of the substantive Chief Judge of the state, Justice Daisy Wotube Okocha, as a victory for the rule of law and a respect for the rules of succession as outlined by the National Judicial Council, NJC.

Justice Okocha is the First Female Chief Judge of Rivers State. She has been acting as the state’s Chief Judge since June 1, 2015.

Wike, while performing the swearing-in of Justice Okocha as the Chief Judge of Rivers State on Monday at the Government House, Port Harcourt, said that the state government acted in line with the recommendation of the National Judicial Council, NJC, which was confirmed by the Court of Appeal on December 23, 2015.

A statement issued by the Special Assistant to the Governor on Electronic Media, Simeon Nwakaudu, quotes him as saying that with the recent development, it is clear that governors cannot wilfully disrespect the recommendation of the NJC as was the case with the Amaechi administration in the state.

Wike noted that allowing the judiciary to be subjected to the discretion of sitting governors would desecrate the independence of the Judiciary and lead to abuses that would negatively affect the dispensation of justice.

According to him, “The system will collapse if we refuse to respect the judicial system of succession as laid out. My administration will never do anything that will threaten the rule of law. We will always upholds the customs and traditions of the Judiciary. We never break down the laid down procedure.

“We will never run contrary to our avowed commitment to respect the independence of the Judiciary at all times”.

The Governor charged the new Chief Judge of Rivers State to always uphold the constitution and carry other members of the bench along in the decision making process.

The NJC recommended the appointment of Justice Daisy Wotube Okocha as Chief Judge of Rivers State on 22nd July, 2013, while the Court of Appeal on December 23, 2015 set aside a Federal High Court judgment which had initially ruled that the state governor is not bound to comply with the recommendation of the NJC.

In her remarks after being sworn in, the new Rivers State Chief Judge, Justice Okocha thanked God for making her elevation possible after two years of uncertainty.

She said: “This is a solemn moment for me. The NJC recommendation of 22nd July, 2013 came to manifestation on Monday, 4th January, 2016. God has glorified himself in my elevation as Chief Judge.

“Man can try, but only God’s counsel will prevail.”

Justice Okocha commended Governor Wike for giving the Judiciary the required independence to carry out its constitutional responsibilities.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/04/governor-wike-swears-in-first-female-chief-judge-of-rivers-state-photos/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Will
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by AyamConfidence(m): 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
Wetin concern me with that one....meanwhile the mod that banned me...u will hear from the lord

12 Likes

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by suxkill: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
Some people will not like this news!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by Viktor1983(m): 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by ginawest(f): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
happy swearing-in!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by Tolexander: 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
suxkill:
Some people will.not.like this news!
because a tiger battery will last longer than the Chief judge's duration.

15 Likes

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by victor2fresh(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mtcheew.
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by Trailblazer1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
grin
Congratulations to Justice Daisy Okocha

If you don't like her appointment may your case be the first on her table this year grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by Trailblazer1(m): 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
Tolexander:
because a tiger battery will last more than the Chief judge's duration.
Same was said about Fayose undecided

Guess who lasted longer grin grin grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by Destined2win: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
I this Lala thread no enter front page, make I naked baff sad
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by timilehin007(m): 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
Some people no get work for here
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by vicostyles(m): 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
ok
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by barackosama(m): 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
End Time Swearing in!!! cheesy
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by miqos02(m): 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
ok
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by Raindrop0442(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
okay
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by Symphony007: 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
Emperor chibuike ameachi as imperial governor of rivers state shut down the rivers state judiciary and disrupted the state all in a bid to play politics and deny this woman what is due her. Thank God she is getting it today, let him come from abuja and stop it. Minister my foot!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by admax(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
ok
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by Funjosh(m): 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by ApcSucks: 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
Wike gives ngeneukwenu sleepless night

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by blazetitov: 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
Na wa oo. Why stress the poor woman and waste her time at the same time. He should have waited till he is certified the authentic governor by the supreme court. She might be sent packing by the new governor if Wike losses at the Supreme court.

1 Like

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by suxkill: 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
Tolexander:
because a tiger battery will last more than the Chief judge's duration.

Even APC and their e-rats can not produce any type of battery that will last as the chief judge.

Lmao grin!Meanwhile blood killer,2 bottles of origin for you!

Make i add this pics

4 Likes

Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by cassyrooy(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
Good.

Hope they don't use to pursue and play party Games in Rivers
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by TimeManager(m): 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
1. Why must the executive meddle in the affairs of the judiciary if truly they are independent. Can the executive swear-in the speaker of a house of assembly?. This is a provision in our laws among others which i am not comfortable with.

2. Need i not remind wike of ikpeazu's, let wike toil all day, whike dakuku get his reward.
NgeneUkwenu, i see you at the front seat laughing at wike.
The truth has spoken!
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by haqueurate(m): 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
Wike trying to set machineries in place, for when he is eventually kicked out grin
#stolenMandate
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by augster(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
Destined2win:
If this Lala thread no enter front page, make I naked baff sad
you dey baff with clothes before? Bhet why e be say na all lalasticlala‘s thread dey enter fp? Abi na because he be mod? This is not fair sha
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by CUM4WHAT(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
All fr his favor
Re: Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) by JaredNomak: 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
bloodykiller:
ngeneukwenu grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari's Voice Message To Nigerians on Eid-El-Fitr (Audio) / Tragedy Averted As Fire Guts Petrol Station In Lagos / Youths Set Ablaze Palace Of Irigwe Paramount Ruler, Rev. Runku Aka In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.