Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Eko Atlantic City (updates) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eko Atlantic City (updates) (61897 Views)

The World-class Eko Atlantic Road Network / Eko Atlantic City Updates / Eko Boulevard Completed By Eko Atlantic City, Nigeria's 1st Eight Lane City Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by bigcil2(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2016
niggi4life:
My Lord and my God, do not forget me this 2016.
I shall get an asset here before the year counts down. Amen

Me too... Amen

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by arresa: 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2016
nextstep:
I still say this idea is crap since:

- it all results in more congestion and pollution to Lagos
- the prices just means the likelihood of a real estate bubble increases
- more pressure on the roads for the rest of us
- didn't they hear of global warming? The last thing you want is houses and water tables right next to a rising ocean

But what do I know?

Basically NOTHING.

grin

9 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by Orikinla(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
Every state in Nigeria should have similar projects that will improve the living conditions of the people and create jobs for their jobless masses.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by Louiscutedude(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
lovely
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by Odunharry(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2016
this is beautiful
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by ccoolitempa: 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
gsport:
and it's only yorubas that will be employed. Same story yet poverty is having free hand in most south west states. What south east has conquer years ago. We are learned people yet Imo state still produce more professors than any south west state.

You are deluded...not only yorubas will benefit but the whole of Nigeria...although due to proximity and the peace enjoyed by the Yoruba nation...they will benefit the most...have you never heard of what is known as the trickle down effect

The rest of your post reflects the fact that your brain is infested with too much Isi-ewu and big Guiness.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by agabaI23(m): 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
B69U:

They term White Businesses seeking tax free haven as progress.

Let me ask you people one question abeg, will companies moving into that island pay a penny tax?

Do yorubas own the building on that Island?

Did yorubas pay for or Build the structures?

Yet i keep hearing yoruba on this thread.
Stop this. It is a nice development in African soil not minding which tribe it belongs. Don't be dragged into meaningless discussion.

6 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by arresa: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
jidestar:
I agree with the poster, yoruba has nothing to do with Eko Atlanti, it is purely a British, US and Dutch venture.

They are indeed building a tax free haven.

EA is not a tax free haven or a trade free zone and Chagoury Group is not a british or US company.

Go back to wherever got that bogus info from for proper re-education.

9 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by ccoolitempa: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
anonimi:
Very nice.
Will the workers come from schools like this or....

When will you ever learn to stick to a topic and desist from posting irrelevant pictures You must be a very frustrated man... grin angry

6 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by popcykaylah(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
chai..see wetin them turn our bar beach to.. undecided anyways been seeing the construction everyday I go to work.. nice one sha ..eko akete
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by scholes0(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
authority2006:
[b][/b] Trash, meant for dustbin.

lol, change it to "Trash meant for LAWMA" to generate more likes.
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by MXrep: 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
If we follow yoruba line of reasoning, Gwari ppl are the most sucessful tribe in Nigeria, Abuja is Gwari land. Lol
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by tsdarkside(m): 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mynd44:

Thats what you miss. The price of land is minute and inconsequential to government compared to opportunities.

These guys constructing won't bring foreigners to build, they will employ people locally. Those construction workers will eat, commute, buy recharge card, pay taxes and that way, a lot of jobs are created and wealth is spread.

When theu companies start, they will employ Nigerians. They are creating jobs, they will pay tax, a lot of them will endorse entertainers, some will sponsor events like sports and upcoming sportsmen and women.

They will set up manufacturing plants and employ people and even if they dont export, we reduce what we import hence making the economy better.

This is not about land or who owns most of the property but the fact that those who buy and build will be adding value to the local economy

abi ohhh..tell them how a economie works....its very effective.......

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by arresa: 9:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
gsport:
and it's only yorubas that will be employed. Same story yet poverty is having free hand in most south west states. What south east has conquer years ago. We are learned people yet Imo state still produce more professors than any south west state.

Exactly why do you people migrate to poverty land to make a living and feed your family?

Don't you know when people are poor, they obviously have no money and you can not make any money from them so exactly why do you keep going there and even.

It is the other way around, you are poor and you migrate to rich places with disposable income for your daily bread and survival..

This basic common sense...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by tsdarkside(m): 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
jidestar:
I agree with the poster, yoruba has nothing to do with Eko Atlanti, it is purely a British, US and Dutch venture.

is eko-atlantic "no mans land too"..??....... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you biafrauudians are funny..... grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by arresa: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
ccoolitempa:

When will you ever learn to stick to a topic and desist from posting irrelevant pictures You must be a very frustrated man... grin angry

That one na eternal troll.. That's one troll I strongly stay away from..

grin

6 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by nextstep(m): 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
... but what do I know

arresa:

Basically NOTHING.

grin

Abi grin
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by Sharmeenator(m): 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
Oga you don't need to turn this into a tribal struggle now. We should celebrate the fact that this is being done in our great nation and in the black continent irrespective of affiliations. It doesn't matter on whose land it's being developed on. I desire to see this type of development in all zones of this nation and Africa at large as a true black man. I wonder why we press the tribalism button whenener an issue arises or developmental progress happens in a zone. Can't we just be happy with ourselves for once?
To whosoever would quote to attack me , I am a full blooded Yoruba man.
Cheers!

OgbeifunErom:

Is this your wish for IPOB Land?

Yoruba land will progress before your eyes

6 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by Arogunmasa(m): 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
YorubaParapo:
Source
Source
pls, when r we building houses for the poor. dt shld be our pirority as a govt.
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by ccoolitempa: 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
arresa:

That one na eternal troll.. That's one troll I strongly stay away from..

grin

The anonimi guy is one of the saddest characters on NL... grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by omonnakoda: 9:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
MXrep:
If we follow yoruba line of reasoning, Gwari ppl are the most sucessful tribe in Nigeria, Abuja is Gwari land. Lol
If that thought makes life more tolerable

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by Dirkcoyt: 9:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
Goodboiyy:
Ot'or e Yo'rub'a oy'oma oo.. any way welcome development

Can you translate this.
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by WIZGUY69(m): 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

Is this your wish for IPOB Land?

Yoruba land will progress before your eyes

Yes!

That's their wish, coz erosion has already taken over their villages. so they are wishing another man the same evil that befell them.

8 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by tsdarkside(m): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
hmmm...my hearth is telling me,this eko atlantic is a mistake..... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

the boundaries are clear,!,,,you are not allowed to go over the boundaries.... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

orrrr,,,you have to intensive your sacrifice to the ocean as known of old,,,,atleast 3 times in the year,because you are in the offensive....

or else....hmmmmm.....
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by michaelmo11(m): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
bebe2:
You just wait,

Water will return to collect Wats rightfully his.
Altho I'm yoruba, this project has adverse effects later cos the water would still reclaim d land back due to the gradually increasing hydrostatic pressure unless there is an outlet (which must be big enough). But an outlet channel for water ain't feasible since it is water from the ocean.
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by OgbeifunErom: 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
Sharmeenator:
[s]Oga you don't need to turn this into a tribal struggle now. We should celebrate the fact that this is being done in our great nation and in the black continent irrespective of affiliations. It doesn't matter on whose land it's being developed on. I desire to see this type of development in all zones of this nation and Africa at large as a true black man. I wonder why we press the tribalism button whenener an issue arises or developmental progress happens in a zone. Can't we just be happy with ourselves for once?
To whosoever would quote to attack me , I am a full blooded Yoruba man.
Cheers![/s]

Nonsense!

What is my business if you are Yoruba- which i doubt anyway

Did you bother to check the post i responded to?

This is what the IPOB youth said

You just wait,

Water will return to collect Wats rightfully his

My response was in order and if you dont like it------Lagoon plenty for my area

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by teamchocolate: 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
The flat.heads can never be happy about this development... I rly pity them.. eko o ni baje... o baje ti...

Children of hate can go and jump in the lagoon..

7 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by OgbeifunErom: 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
michaelmo11:

Altho I'm yoruba, this project has adverse effects later cos the water would still reclaim d land back due to the gradually increasing hydrostatic pressure unless there is an outlet (which must be big enough). But an outlet channel for water ain't feasible since it is water from the ocean.

Interesting

What experience and qualifications do you have sir?

If you are so concerned and knowledgeable, why have you not voiced your concerns to the appropriate bodies?

You think there is a scarcity of scientists on the team that developed and are implementing the project?

And who asked you if you are Yoruba? who cares?

Leave trash for Lawma abeg

11 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by sukkot: 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
ooweeeee my condo waiting for me in eko atlantic wink
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by vislabraye(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
Beautiful.... . I notice that all the major development in Lagos happen in the Island. grin .
On the other hand, how many plots does Tinubu have Just curious.
Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by sukkot: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
jidestar:

jeloxy no go kill you ooo ikeshuku. why dem no go build the tax free haven in enugu ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eko Atlantic City (updates) by 4nobody4every1: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
dayummmm grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React / Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) / Lady Who Died After Container Fell On Her In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.