Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo (44316 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Prays At Nri Forest In Anambra (Photo, Video) / Fulani Herdsmen Destroy Ortom’s Rice Farm; Kill 50 / Shettima Donates N20million To Civilian JTF Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by viviangist: 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
Three Fulani herdsmen in the early hours of yesterday (today) set commercial rice farms worth about N20 million ablaze in Ugbene community, Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The rice fields belonging to farmers in Umualor and Umuagunwoke villages occupy about 75 hectares of land.The residents decried that the dastardly act was as a result of their lingering feud which started last year when the herdsmen allegedly trespassed into their farms; an incidence, they disclosed resulted into open confrontation of each other with firearms.

Conducting newsmen around the smouldering scene, the farmers, some of who had tears cascading down their cheeks lamented that they took loans to embark on the agribusiness with the hope of paying back after sales.

A community leader, Mr Emmanuel Ifesinachi Okoye, lamented that “a message came to us this morning that our farm known as Area 1 was set ablaze by the Fulani herdsmen. We rushed to the scene and beheld our massive rice farmon fire. Most of us took loans to embark on the farming and that’s whythere is sadness and wailing all over the community. We saw them running into the distance with their cows, and as such, we couldn’t chase after them.”

Contacted, the zonal Chairman (South East), Miyetti-Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), Alhaji Gidado Siddiki said “it is not true. Fulani herdsmen cannot do something like that. It’s those people that burnt their rice farm. We have a committee that looks into such matter in Anambra. They should go and report the matter there.”

Also, the Police Public Relations Officer, Ali Alphonsus Okechukwu, DSP, said the matter has not been tabled to him but said he’ll contact Achalla Police Division for details and necessarily actions.

The rice farm allegedly burnt by Fulani herdsmen in Ugbene community, Awka North
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/fulani-herdsmen-destroy-n20m-rice-farm-in-anambra/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by santakris(m): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
Nawa o. This people are really terrible

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by ibkgab001: 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
Fulani and troubles Nig Ltd

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by ScotsReferendum: 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
There is no point complaining

Rearm enter the bush and do the needful.

Self defence is part of your right

Signed

Scots Referendum cool

United Nations Referendum kiss

156 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by IamPatriotic(m): 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2016
Why arrogating every crime whose perpetrators are unknown to the fulani normads?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by Amberon: 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hoooo my God!!!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by alcmene: 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
This viviangist is an unrepentant rabble-rouser undecided

Fulani herders are quite daring and destructive but they can not carry out an attack of this magnitude in Anambra state

For Christ sake this is dry season which is a season of hunting usually via bush burning.
Why are some of these hungry bloggers always in a haste to concoct far-fetched stories capable of setting tribe against each other in the name of courting traffic??
This was the exact manner she lied to the world that IPOB killed her sister in Anambra...a story as true as Buhari being the most educated Nigerian.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by cheruv: 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
O buru na Biāfra bu obodo nwereonwe ya,ndi fulani agaghi enwe ohere ira udiri nsi a.
Ihere megbuokwa obiano,nihi na o ya nākwado nzuzu a ndi Awusa naezuzu n'ala anyi
Ihere megbuo ndi Igbo kwenyere na "otu naijiria"...nihi na ebumnuche ha gbasara ndi Igbo ozo bu ataramahuhu na mmegbu si n'aka ndi Awusa
Onye Igbo nīle kwesiri ibile ugbu a chupusia ndi a nīle dika shakris dgz naerele ala Igbo anyi! undecided

186 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by viviangist: 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
alcmene:
This viviangist is an unrepentant rabble-rouser undecided

Fulani herders are quite daring and destructive but they can not carry out an attack of this magnitude in Anambra state

For Christ sake this is dry season which is a season of hunting usually via bush burning.
Why are some of these hungry bloggers always in a haste to concoct far-fetched stories capable of setting tribe against each other in the name of courting traffic??
This was the exact manner she lied to the world that IPOB killed her sister in Anambra...a story as true as Buhari being the most educated Nigerian.

May be u re a hausa/Fulani

Dear , The news was sent to me and i am right i Awka , which i testify by my self , i dont see the reason of such comment , any way ... i blame OBJ For giving you the privilege to touch Mobile phones.

Happy xmas , in Advance and receive sense grin grin grin

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by viviangist: 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2016
cheruv:
O buru na Biāfra bu obodo nwereonwe ya,ndi fulani agaghi enwe ohere ira udiri nsi a.
Ihere megbuokwa obiano,nihi na o ya nākwado nzuzu a ndi Awusa naezuzu n'ala anyi
Ihere megbuo ndi Igbo kwenyere na "otu naijiria"...nihi na ebumnuche ha gbasara ndi Igbo ozo bu ataramahuhu mmegbu si n'aka ndi Awusa

Nna m , Anam !!! afu gi nke oma

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by chukslawrence(m): 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
Gbese

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by Ayoemrys(m): 2:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
thats why kanu called nigeria a zoo,cus fulanies are domestic animal,

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by Brightology2(m): 2:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
K
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by unstableaswater: 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
Wen God want to punish people he first of all make them mad.

Thank God it is Anambra their madness have carried them and enter.

Nobody will deal with them better than Ndi Anambra.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by yahrant140(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
Kill them all... For going against the power at the centre. Bullying as in 1984 and 1985. What finally happened? August 27, is still fresh in our memory.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by Ginaz(f): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
Front page here I come grin
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by Super1Star: 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
Awaiting the usual lame ultimatum from Ohaneze.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
And the source is Viviangist ? undecided

Smh for the mod that will move this unverified news to frontpage

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by cheruv: 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
viviangist:

Nna m , Anam !!! afu gi nke oma
Biko...
A dala mba na ideputa maobu imee ka oha hu mpu na aruruala ndi Awusa ji soro anyi n'ala anyi angry

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by ShowYourCertificate: 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
Buhari, call your boys to order. These Fulani guys is a threat to our unity. They keep on attacking different tribes.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by viviangist: 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
cheruv:

Biko...
A dala mba na ideputa ma mee ka oha hu mpu na aruruala ndi Awusa ji soro anyi n'ala anyi angry

Maka ndi mara ihe ina ekwu , nna .. i dere nke oma grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by unstableaswater: 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2016
People that have been shouting the Zoo must fall farm, if them let this wan go, then make Buhari kill Nnamdi nothing go happen.

U know see price, #20 MILLION. All the other farm Fulani dey destroy are worthless.

Anambra own na million, billion.

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by caprini1: 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
Harmattan and Bush fires are like John Terry and Cahill....these bloggers should get a life biko.

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by chiefobdk(m): 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by alcmene: 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
viviangist:

May be u re a hausa/Fulani

Dear , The news was sent to me and i am right i Awka , which i testify by my self , i dont see the reason of such comment , any way ... i blame OBJ For giving you the privilege to touch Mobile phones.

Happy xmas , in Advance and receive sense grin grin grin

Yeye blogger
Obu ukwu a ka nama ge eji ruo umuahia undecided

I am currently in Anambra, Omoo to be precise and there is no such news of fulani herders invading any farmland nor setting any ablaze.
What will it profit you and your blog to stir up animosity capable of heating up the fragile state of the country with your concocted and fabricated piece of balderdash in the name of stories
Is this how you plan to attain the heights of the Ikejis and co??

You are even rude....quite awful and unbecoming of a virtuous lady with class.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by Demmocrats(m): 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
Three Fulani herdsmen in the early hours of yesterday (today) set commercial rice farms worth about N20 million ablaze in Ugbene community, Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

At this point that's when jungle justice comes in.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by looseweight: 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by preciousMI1(f): 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
too bad
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo by omooba969(m): 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ovoko! shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets / Tinubu Nominates Atiku Bagudu & Olawale Edun Into Transition Council / Tinubu To Atiku: You Can Strategize In Jungle, You’re Going Nowhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.