Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,331 members, 7,780,868 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:15 AM

Where Can A Pharmacologist Work? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Can A Pharmacologist Work? (4922 Views)

Really Need Advice! Will I Have Problem To Work As A Pharmacologist / For Pharmacologist And Pharmacognosist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can A Pharmacologist Work? by yemoxyl(m): 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
My younger sis just gained admission into oou and she was given pharmacology
I have never heard of a course like that,i wanna know if she should go for the course or not

Pharmacologists in the house your help is needed
Lalasticlala
Re: Where Can A Pharmacologist Work? by hisgrace090: 7:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
in chemist store as a male or female sales girl. Make sure your drug mixing is not more than #30,00 per dose to attract more customers for your oga.
Re: Where Can A Pharmacologist Work? by frank1998(m): 7:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
In d farm grin

1 Like

Re: Where Can A Pharmacologist Work? by respect80(m): 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
Where else than my room grin

1 Like

Re: Where Can A Pharmacologist Work? by davbravo(m): 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
Phamaceutical industries, u can google for more info....n d course as been existing for years
Re: Where Can A Pharmacologist Work? by mimicue(f): 11:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
Emzor , fidson etc pharmaceutical companies
Re: Where Can A Pharmacologist Work? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Pharmacologists need to have a Ph.D. in pharmacology or a related field. Though programs vary by school, you can expect to complete a significant amount of original research. Since pharmacology is highly related to medical science, some schools may provide the option to earn a joint M.D. and Ph.D. degree. Many pharmacologists also complete two to four years of postdoctoral research. In general, you are not required to have a license to work as a pharmacologist.
Re: Where Can A Pharmacologist Work? by charliejose: 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
Pharmacology is a very good field in medicine that our country is ignorant of..back to the question,pharmacology is a research based course..pharmacologists study effects of drugs and also possibilities of developing new drugs(drug descovery)..so there usually required in research institutes,their services are also need in the clinical field(clinical pharmacology) where they relate with humans,they re involved in therapeutic drug monitoring i.e to assay the level of a particular drug usually drugs with a very narrow therapeutic window eg digoxin,erythromycin etc so as for the drug not to get to a dose level that will elicit a toxic effect in the system.. They can also go into academia i.e joining a university faculty..they could work with customs to test for contraband drugs as well as hard drugs...Nafdac,NDLEA etc..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In Russia They Don't Give Students Zero Score. See Why / ANSU 2015/2016 Supplementary Form Is Not Yet Out / After President's Speech, IPPIS Issued Memo To All Federal Universities!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.