Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Collection Of My Rants - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Collection Of My Rants (6752 Views)

My Collection Of VERY Short Stories.....WRITTEN by JADOSKI / J.k.rowling's Fan? Get Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Here + Other Collection / My Short Story Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 8:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
I will post one each day, till I run out of already written rants
Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
Smart Ass

The First Time I came to Lagos was after my Youth Service when I visited my uncle, Joe. He came to pick me at the park and on the way to his house he explained a lot to me about living in such a big busy city as Lagos. "Once you are here you think smart. You must always be alert and observant." He said as he drove me home.
Uncle Joe had three lovely children ages 16, 13 and 10.
One could easily notice how smart his kids where. They easily understood the most complex stories and are way ahead of their counterparts in reasoning. When watching mind boggling and intriguing foreign movies, they would easily make correct guess on most actor's next move. Their grades were good too and sometimes I wonder if they were as young as they say. These kids were a challenge to me because I sometimes work hard to meet up with their smartness.
Once, I asked them a riddle: A boy wants to enter a club but since he wasn't a member, he decided to hide near the door and listen to the secret code from members intending to club.
The first member came to the door and the bouncer said, "6". The member replied "3". he was allowed in.
The second member came to the door and the bouncer said "12". The member replied "6". He was also allowed in.
So the boy, thinking he has gotten the code went to the door and the bouncer said, "10". The boy replied '5" he was ejected. Now the question is, what should have been the correct answer that would have allowed the boy gain entrance into the club?
Uncle Joe's children started thinking. You need to see these kids who were good at monopoly, scrabble and Chess, put on their thinking cap and in a matter of minutes the second son said. "uncle, the boy should have answered 3."
I was surprised. this answer took me weeks to come up with when it was asked to me.
He even went further to explain, "The first member answered 3 when asked 6 because 6 is spelt six and that's 3 letters, so the answer is 3. The second member was asked 12 and 12 is spelt, twelve, thats 6 letters so the answer is 6. The boy should have counted the letters in ten and answered 3."
I was simply amazed and bought him a gift for that.
Something happened one evening that almost freaked me out. We were all having a nice family evening in the sitting room when Uncle Joe realized he had ran out of credit in his phone and asked his first son, Peter, to go buy him recharge card somewhere within the estate, just five houses away from his. The time was 8.49pm.
The young boy quickly left his house while Sandra, Uncle Joe's last daughter, followed him to lock the gate.
Uncle Joe didn't have a gateman because he thought most of them he had interviewed weren't smart enough to take the job.
around 9.22pm, the intercom buzzed and Peter said, "Please someone should come open the gate for me, please."
My uncle and his wife had already retired into their room and the two remaining kids were engrossed by the movie they were watching, so I thought.
I sprang up to go open the gate when the second son, Junior cried. "Uncle wait. Peter is in trouble, that is a distress call." He quickly switched off the TV and rushed towards his daddy's room.
Uncle Joe, through some miraculous means had already sensed danger and rushed out of the room, his phone in his hand.
"I need credit ASAP, Sandra, what is the code for borrowing MTN air time credit." He asked his little girl.
I still didn't understand what was happening. But I just observed.
"*500*the amount#" She immediately responded.
The intercom buzzed again and Peter said, "hello, must i buzz you guys 6 times before someone comes to open the gate for me?
Uncle Joe already gotten the code from his daughter and Instantly, his phone was credited with 1000
naira and he dialed the police distress call number for the estate. "Hello, Please I am calling from House Number 12, B Close. My son is in danger and robbers are trying to use him to get into my home. I need you to respond immediately."
"We are on our way sir and please stay on the line... Sir, do you have any idea how many people are holding your son and trying to get into your home?" the police asked.
"There 6 of them." Uncle Joe said.
"Ok," Thank you sir.
While they waited, Uncle Joe's second son buzzed the outside intercom, "Sorry Peter, I will soon be there, Let me just finish this part of the movie."
"Movie? What is wrong with you Junior. Hurry and opened the door for me." Peter responded.
Ten minutes later, the police asked Uncle Joe to open the gate for his son. They had quickly responded to my uncle's call and arrested the criminals.
Peter ran into the house and hugged his parents and sibling. The boy must have been terrified.
Apparently the robbers saw him as an opportunity to gain entrance into the always locked gate, so they held him hostage and forced him to call his family to open the door for him.
Already Uncle Joe and his family had a distress code for situations like this. Either they had been in such a situation before or Uncle Joe already envisioned it since he didn't have a gateman. The double "please" at the beginning and end of his first call was enough to alert the smart family. The second buzz alerted them on the number of people that were holding him hostage.
This was a great experience for me and I wish all families out there would, instead of being harsh and strict on the kids, show them love and teach them the realities of life.
We need more smart families.

The end.
Frank Anozie

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
Meet me here tomorrow for a new rant... Good night Guy's
Re: Collection Of My Rants by donziller(m): 10:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
Oga, i enjoy dis 1 well well, i dey wait 4 2moro own....,
Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Love Saga

Eric always looked forward to a bright future with Gina. They have been dating for 7months now and Eric was planning that soonest, he would pop the golden question. He was trying to be sure she was the right person for him.

So far, the relationship has been rosy but Eric always thought there was something missing in Gina’s attitude towards the relationship. Something always made him think he was not as rich as she would want her husband to be. Yet, he could say she was a nice girl, good to hang around with too. Something he liked about her was her honesty.

A few days ago, Gina came visiting and Eric could detect she had something to tell him. “Tell me what is bothering you.” Eric persuaded.

“I want to travel home. My parents asked for me.” She responded.

“Is there any reason why they asked to see you?” He asked.

“Yes." She briefly replied, "A family friend of ours just came back from New York and they want me to meet him."
"Wow, that's nice... Him? Is there more to this story?" Eric asked.
"Actually, he is a suitor." She replied.
"Oh... do you know him before?" Eric asked, displeasure evident in his voice.
"Yes, I used to know him before he traveled. He had also signified interest in marrying me even before I meet you." She replied, a bit uncomfortable.
"So he has come to finally marry you?" Eric asked, feeling a bit pained.
"I really don't know what to say Eric. I am just confused. I need to go and see him for myself and know what he is up to. If I have to reject his proposal, I need to have a good reason. I just want to give whatever the future has for me a chance." She explained.
"I really don't know what to say too. I sort of blame myself. I have not yet popped the 'will you marry me' question and you don't want to take chances." He said, trying to make it easy for her. "This is what we are going to do. You will go see this guy, if you think he is good enough for you and you think you can be happy with him, then you can settle with him. But I want you to be wise about any decision you make. Remember, all that glitters are not gold. Do not be in a hurry to make a choice."
"Thank you." She replied, feeling very relieved he understood her situation.
Gina traveled three days later.
Eric missed her and prayed she would make the right choice. He told himself that despite wishing she would come back to him, the right choice mustn't be him.
After two weeks, Eric noticed that Gina had stopped picking his calls. All effort to reach her proved abortive. He became worried. Even if she had finally chosen the other guy, it wasn't right for her to just excommunicate him just like that.
Then to his surprise, he heard from a friend a few weeks later that Gina had been in town for over a week.
Eric didn't know what to make of her behaviour and so he thought he should pay her a visit.
He asked a friend to go with him. He needed someone that would console him if she hurt him deeper than he already suspected she would.
Gina was not smiling when they got to her home.
"How could you be in town all these while without letting me know? And why did you stop communicating with me?" Eric politely asked.
"I really don't like being interrogated." Gina carelessly said.
Her cell phone rang and she picked her call. "Sweet heart..." She loudly spoke into the phone and continued talking in a romantic way.
Eric felt humiliated and hurt. They were all happy just before she traveled. Why was she acting like he had been bad to her? Had he made a mistake by giving her the go ahead to travel?
"So how can I really help you?" Gina asked. Once she was through with the call. "I have a lot to do hand really want to get busy."
"You know I have always loved you Gina. Even if you don't want to date me anymore, this isn't the right way to act towards me."
"Oh please. Enough with all the preaching." She stood up. "You can go whenever you are ready."
Eric's friend got angry at her reaction. "You must be a stupid girl for acting this way. You lack home training. This is a guy that have always been nice to you. What gives you the right to talk to him this way."
"Please I don't want to be insulted in my home. Can you please leave." She ordered.
Eric left with his friend heartbroken.
Two days later someone knocked on his door. Eric opened it and was faced with two policemen.
"Are you Mr. Eric?" One of the policemen asked.
"Yes. How may I help you."
"Do you know Mrs. Gina?"
"Yes," Eric replied. The mention of the name was like a stab on his chest.
"She made a report that you are threatening her life. We will need you to come to the station and make a statement." The policemen said.
Eric couldn't believe his ears. Was Gina crazy? He thought. What had he done to deserve this from her?
They got to the station and met Gina sitting in the office and patiently waiting for them.
"Young man." The officer started. Why have you decided to harass this poor lady?"
"I didn't harass her?" Eric responded.
"He did." Gina quickly said. "He came to my house with his friend to harass me just because I don't want to date him anymore."
Eric was just dumbfounded. Was this the same girl he had been dating?
"OK officer..." Eric explained everything that happened to them.
Finally, the police restricted him from going anywhere near Gina and made him write a statement promising never to hurt her. He was also advised to forget about the relationship for good.
Eric went home deeply hurt but decided to nurse his emotional wounds.

8 months later, Eric was involved in an auto accident. He only sustained bruises and cuts on his head and other parts of his body. Tina, his new love insisted he must take at least three days rest in the hospital so that a thorough medical checkup would be conducted on him.
Eric was surprised when a strange number buzzed his mobile phone. "Hello, who am I speaking with?"
"Hi... Eric, how are you doing... I heard you had an accident... I hope you are doing fine." A female voice inquired.
"I am okay, please who am I speaking with?" Eric asked.
"Its Gina... I heard about the accident and... Its nice to know you are okay."
And so over the next two weeks, Gina began to crawl back into his life. Eric could easily remember good times they had months ago. He couldn't forget her sweetness before everything went sore.
It was like they never separated. Gina would call him, chat with him via WhatsApp and BBM. And soon they became a couple once again, but were yet to see each other after a long time.
Eric wanted to see her and anytime he requested that they meet, Gina would tell him to be patient.
"I want our reunion to be sensational and special. I want you to be sure that you are ready to see me and forgive me even after everything I have done." Gina would say.
So Eric patiently waited.
Tina didn't fail to notice that his attention was divided. He was always chatting with someone and making secret calls. She wondered what was going on with her boo. But she chose not to react. She just kept mute about the whole situation.
Soon Gina was ready to meet with Eric and he was very excited.
"You know, I have always had this believe that you are the one for me and no one else. I am glad you are ready to meet me. Please be there on time."
They booked to meet at the most expensive and luxurious eatery in town.
Tina noticed that her man was suddenly excited.
Finally Eric walked up to her, "I want you to meet someone special to me. Please be at the eatery by four pm."
Eric left without allowing her to prob further.
At four pm, was already sitting on their reserved seat in the eatery. Gina walked in and he couldn't hide his excitement. He lavished her with hugs and kisses. She looked as beautiful as the last time he saw her.
He called the waiter and soon they made their order.
"Wow! Thanks for meeting me here. Glad to see you." Gina said.
Eric stared at her intensely, "I am happy to see you and looking at you right now makes me realize how much I have missed you."
Everything was as memorable as he had planned the meeting.
Soon his phone rang and he directed Tina to their table.
She joined them and soon his friend whom he had gone with to visit Gina's home a few months ago joined them too.
Gina wasn't expecting these companies. She just tried to keep her cool
"Gina, this is my new love, Tina." Eric started, "and here is my friend.... I don't need to introduce him to you." He put his hands on Tina's shoulder. "You see, a few months ago, I almost engaged this wicked evil lady until she showed me her true self and almost broke my heart. This girl is evil even after all the love and understanding I showed her. Please, Gina, tell them how you got me arrested and made me suffer for loving you. You know you have no shame. Coming here to seat and eat what I offer to you. You are a devil incarnate."
"Look at you." His friend took over, "you hate good things don't you? Or perhaps you love good things that you know you don't deserve. So where is you New York lover now? Has he dumped you like you rightly deserve. Eat the food and drink the wine. Eat and enjoy... But would you have been here if he had hurt himself because of what you did to him. You broke his heart, tore him apart and think you can always come back and eat the vomit you abandoned? Bar man!" He called, "get this lady more food. We are celebrating wickedness. We are celebrating shamelessness and greed. I guess you want Eric to leave this lovely girl who picked the pieces of his heart and mended it and take you back."
Gina could only wish for the earth to open up and swallow her. She felt embarrassed and stupid. She realized her folly. Why had she thought Eric would take her back after all she had done to him.
But he has sounded very convincing on the phone. She had thought he sincerely missed her.
She looked up and met their eyes staring at her. She hated herself and the moment. She just stood up and slowly left the scene.
This was a day in her life she would never forget.

The end.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
ok, join me tomorrow for a new rant
Re: Collection Of My Rants by donziller(m): 11:24am On Jan 07, 2016
I don't like d way eric treat gani, he should kw she is a lady ( a confuse fellow who don't kw wat she want), she was brainwash by her parent, america boy. Anyway good 1

1 Like

Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
Served Right

When Chinedu met Linda he thought it was love at first sight. She was a 200 level student while he was in his final year. Very pretty, he thought and so he approached her and soon they got interactive.
Linda didn't make it easy to get along with. At first, she maintained a poker face, then she tried to feign boredom and was laconic in her responses to all his questions. Chinedu put in all his best to bring out the best in her but all his efforts proved abortive.
Chinedu only wished she could give him a chance to be her friend and lover. He had had his fair share of disappointments and heartbreaks and thought at this stage, he was matured and ready to go into a meaningful relationship. Finding a girl that would catch his fancy had not been easy and so when he saw Linda, he had felt she was sent from above.
But then, after trying to please this pretty angel, he warned himself that this was not really the type of girl he needed. Obviously no man needed a girl that would make no effort to hide the fact that she didn't just feel him.
Yet Chinedu decided to pull a last string before giving up. "Why don't we go hang out some place interesting and exciting?"
To his surprise, the girls' face brightened up a little, "So where do you want to hang out?" She asked.
Chinedu was surprised that she would actually accept to hang out with him after making it obvious she didn't want his company. "Let's go to Hot Spot," he suggested.
She accepted and they took off.
Hot Spot was bubbling as usual with students. Most average students alway hung out here since it wasn't a very expensive place to hang out. Yet, Linda didn't hesitate in picking the best food the joint could offer.
Chinedu really didn't intend spending that much for the evening but wouldn't have been bothered if she had not made it all about what he could offer and not who he really was.
She even made him felt very bad by indicating she wanted to leave once she realized he didn't want to spend more.
"Sorry," he said, "I really don't like hanging out in this joint, I prefer Golden Touch." Golden Touch was the most exquisite and classy bar in the region. He thought he might as well see her again and get to know her better since she had already stolen his mind with her beauty. Besides, she had adamantly refused to give out her contacts and he would feel cheated knowing he wouldn't see her again.
"Really?' She asked, a little bit excited.
"Yes, so can we hang out some other time, say weekend?" he gently asked.
Finally, she gave him her phone number, "Just call me by weekend, if I am free, I will let you know."
Friday evening, Chinedu looked his best, put so much of his savings in his pocket and got ready for the evening. He picked up his phone and dialed her number.
"Alright, I will be with you in the next 30minutes." She lazily replied.
Chinedu wasn't sure she would make it, but he saw it as a win win situation. He would actually be saving some dough if she didn't come since he was sure she was going to make him spend much for the evening.
He got to Golden Touch and waited with a bottle of drink.
30 minutes later his phone rang, "Where are you?"
"I am on the table just at the right extreme of the bar."
He looked up and saw a group of girls. Linda was with four of her friends! They all looked hot but more like killer angels.
His heartbeat got faster as he suddenly realized that the money in his pocket would not even serve half way through the night. He lost his composure as the girls walked towards his table and sat down.
"Welcome girls," he managed to say, "Errmmm... hi Linda,"
"Hi, she responded and immediately called on the bar man, "Please get me a bottle of Amarula... do you have chicken pepper soup?"
"Yes," the bar man responded.
"Alright get me a plate."
"Get me a bottle of Amarula too, with goat meat pepper soup." the second friend responded.
"Same here," the third girl chipped in.
"I and Ada here will prefer Best." The fourth girl said while Ada nodded her had in agreement. "And smoked catfish garnished with vegetable and fried chips."
Chinedu thought this was a joke. Perhaps the girls had money to spend. Why bother himself? He thought. They didnt even bother to get familiar with him. Well, he thought he should also call a friend to join the party. He picked up his mobile phone and placed a call to Alex.
Alex arrived ten minutes later and was pleased to see a table filled with food, beverages and pretty ladies.
The party began.
"Bar man, get me one more bottle of Origin and roasted full chicken," Alex called out. He was on his fourth bottle, same with Chinedu.
the girls were obviously having fun and were already getting tipsy. Chinedu made Linda sit by him and they cuddled and kissed like they had been friends for ages. Alex also got familiar with one of the angels.
Soon Alex stood up, "I want to rush and see a friend," he signaled to the bar man, "Get a bottle of drink for my friend." Then to the girls, "I have to hurry, I will be back." he kissed his new love and ran off."
The bar man served Chinedu his fifth bottle, just as a mobile phone on the table began to ring. "Ah, that's my friend's phone, let me go give it to him before he goes far." he stood up and rushed of with the phone after instructing the bar man to open his beer immediately.
Alex was standing outside the joint.
"Hey," Alex called, "Who is paying for all that?"
"I don't know, the girls perhaps." Chinedu replied.
'You must be joking right? Weren't you the one that called them to hang out? Sorry man, the bill is on you."
"That's not possible. I don't have such amount on me."
"Very well... do you have your mobile phone with you?" Alex asked.
"Yes."
"Good. Who is the girl to you?" Alex asked.
"Just some random chick, nothing serious."
Alex held him by his arm, "We are leaving here now. Let the girls sort themselves out."
Chinedu laughed, "baaad guy, at least we have had much fun for the night."
Together, they took off.
"Excuse me ladies. Here is your bill." The bar man said to the girls and dropped a paper on the table. 12,500. Chinedu had budgeted 5000 for the evening.
"Okay, my boyfriend will soon be here," Linda impatiently said.
After an hour, the girls realized they have been dumped. The bar man, noticed their discomfort and called on the security men.
Linda and her friends were embarrassed, their mobile phone were taken away from them and they were asked to go source for the fund before they could get them back.
It was a night they would ever remember.
Chinedu was with a group of friends when he bumped into Linda and one of the girls two weeks later.
"Hi," he said.
"You," Linda responded, "Imagine the embarrassment you and your friend caused me the..."
"What embarrassment?" Chinedu asked. "I only wanted to be a friend to you, but you chose to deal with me for no reason. I think you owe me an apology."
"Apology?"
"Listen sweet girl," Alex said, "You are just in 200 level, this guy is obviously more experienced than you. He had already thought you the first lesson. Don't be stubborn, you know what you did was wrong and what you and your friends went through actually served you right."
Linda learnt a great lesson from Chinedu's action and appreciated him for it. they ended up dating and becoming best of friends. She learnt to love him the hard way.

The End.

4 Likes

Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
donziller:
I don't like d way eric treat gani, he should kw she is a lady ( a confuse fellow who don't kw wat she want), she was brainwash by her parent, america boy. Anyway good 1

lol... so there for she should treat Eric the way she did, even call the cops on him? well, u get point sha.
Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
hopefully a new one comes in tomorrow. stick with me 'reader'
Re: Collection Of My Rants by donziller(m): 9:27am On Jan 08, 2016
Am right here man, ride on
Re: Collection Of My Rants by WCUB3(m): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
Nice collection
Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 5:39am On Jan 09, 2016
donziller:
Am right here man, ride on

Sorry, couldn't upload yesterday. I was tired. Besides, here is as silent as the graveyard, feel like I am talking to myself. We will continue on Monday
Re: Collection Of My Rants by donziller(m): 7:38am On Jan 09, 2016
frank317:

Sorry, couldn't upload yesterday. I was tired. Besides, here is as silent as the graveyard, feel like I am talking to myself. We will continue on Monday
ok boss, i will be right here waiting
Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 9:53am On Jan 13, 2016
LOST

“I don’t understand what you are saying Sarah. Why are you suddenly uncomfortable with this relationship?” Paul was speaking with his girlfriend. They have been dating for three years and both were in love. Paul loved Sarah with all his life. He could do anything for her; even sacrifice his life for her. Sarah was pretty, loving, understanding and caring, who wouldn’t love such a girl.

But recently, she had become impatient and was always displaying her displeasure in certain issues concerning their relationship.

“I am not uncomfortable with the relationship; I am just viewing how I feel. I am a woman Paul, we have been dating for three years and you still don’t want to come and see my parents. Everyone is on my case at home. My parents won’t let me be. All they do is introduce me to different men in the bid to force me into relationship I am not interested in. I am under pressure here.” She explained.

“But you know the reason why I don’t want to see your parents yet. I just lost my job and I can’t afford to make that move now. I have asked you to be a little patient with me. I am optimistic about the job interview I recently went for. We can’t be going through this every day. I am worried that you might be considering leaving me.”
“You know I love you Paul. I can’t bear seeing myself in the arms of another man but you. But the fact is that, there is a high possibility that my parents may force me to make a choice I would regret for the rest of my life.”

“Sarah!!” Paul knew his world would fall apart if Sarah left him. He couldn’t imagine a life without Sarah. “What do you mean by that my love?”
“Paul, please do not let them take me away from you. A family friend of ours just came back from USA and his parents and mine are already into talks of making me his wife. My mum is highly interested and …”

“And what?” he asked.

“I am scared Paul, I might not be able to win this war with them all.” She cried.

“I can’t believe you are saying this. Is it because he just came back from the USA?” He angrily asked.

“No, it’s not like that… I am confused… I…”

“Sarah! Have you even met this guy?” Paul asked.

“Yes I have. They made me hang out with him recently…”

“You hung out with him?” Paul couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “I bet you had a good time right?”

“Paul…”

“I just can’t listen to this. How could you do this to me Sarah?”
Sarah got angry, “You are acting like I cheated on you or something. You don’t even want to listen to me; neither do you even want to understand my position and what I am passing through at home simply because you have refused to see my parents. How is everything that is happening my fault?”

Paul raised his hands up helpless and rested them on his head. He rubbed them on his hair and his face before dropping them. Then he slowly shook his head sideways and walked out on her without saying a word.

Sarah watched him leave without calling him back. She was just confused. Paul was the love of her life. She was sure he was the perfect man for her. She just didn’t know if she would be able to go against her parent’s desire that she married Dayo. She just wished Paul would just take the bold step of coming to see the0 so that she would have a strong reason for rejecting Dayo.

She knew he was mad at her for hanging out with Dayo and nothing she would say now would make him see reason with her. She hoped he would come around and call her as soon as he calmed down.

To be contd

1 Like

Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 9:54am On Jan 13, 2016
LOST (...contd)

Paul wasn’t himself as he walked away from Sarah. Was he about to lose his perfect love just because he was out of job? How could she even hang out with a stranger?

His cell phone rang and he thought it was Sarah calling. He brought it out from his pocket to see the caller. If it was Sarah, he would definitely not speak with her. He was angry and wouldn’t say anything meaningful to her for now. Like it was reading his thoughts, his phone made a low battery beep and went off before he could take a peep.

He remembered he had a low battery before leaving his house earlier in the day. Well, he already was in no mood to talk, so he shoved the phone into his pocket and headed for him. He really was feeling so bad and just wanted to be alone. Ik his roommate would want to gist with him once he got home so he decided to take a long lonely route home.

It was almost 5.30pm when he got to the lonely part of his walk. It was an underdeveloped part of the town with more of a bushy environment. Paul and Sarah often came here to get mango fruits and cashew. It was believed that these fruit trees were owned by no one.

As he got to the region, Paul recalled the last time he came come here with Sarah. That was three months ago.

They were the perfect couple and knew how to make each other feel loved. They had shared a passionate kiss and he recalled how her mouth tasted like cashew because she had just finished eating one. They had caressed each other and he had even felt like making love to her right there.

Paul stopped and looked towards the direction and decided to go seat somewhere comfortable for a while and think things through before it got dark.

He veered of the lonely road and walked towards the trees. They seemed to make the best companion at the moment because they stood in silence like they understood what he was going through.

As he walked, he thought about Sarah.

He was sure her parents wouldn’t really appreciate him if he went visiting as a jobless man. He was optimistic that he would soon be called by the organization that interviewed him a few days ago. He had impressed the judges and had performed excellently well in the written test. All she needed was to be a little bit patient with him. He was sure he would soon stand on his feet and would soon be capable of visiting her parents with pride and honor. Instead she had gone to hang out with a stranger from the US. He wondered if he had been able to impress her on their first date. He also wondered how many dates they had had. Was she considering giving him a chance? He couldn’t bear the thought of his lovely Sarah laughing at his jokes and enjoying his company just the way she laughed around him. He felt jealous and betrayed. He felt his heart ache and there was a sudden realization that he might lose Sarah to this stranger.

The odds were against him. Yet he was perfectly sure that Sarah was meant to be his wife. There was no one else meant for him, neither was there anyone meant for her apart from him.

He looked around him and realized he had veered in so deep. Perhaps he should just get back and head straight home. He turned around and suddenly tripped only to feel himself fall into a ditch. He hit his head on a stone and darkness took over his consciousness.

Ik couldn’t wait for Paul to come home so that he would tell him the good news. Paul had used his number as an alternative number in his resume. He had received a call from the company and they had informed him that Paul was successful at the interview and he must be present in two weeks for medical checkup.

Ik had tried Paul’s number after wondering why his number had been called instead of Paul’s but he found out that his roomies’ number was switched off.

He remembered his battery was low before he left home to see Sarah after she had called and asked that they meet urgently.

Paul had been complaining that she was putting him under pressure to come and see her parents. Women, Ik thought. How could she even want such a struggling young man to come and see her parents knowing he obviously was not ready for such move?

They were a perfect pair, Ik agreed. And that was why he was surprised at her change in behavior. Well, now he was sure Paul wouldn’t see that as an issue anymore.

He soon got carried away with a movie he was watching until 9.30pm. Paul was not yet home. Now this was strange, Ik thought. Paul was always home before 8pm. And if Paul was hanging out with friends on Friday evenings like this, he would definitely alert him even if it meant using a friend’s phone.

Ik became worried, he tried Paul’s number; switched off.

He waited till 10pm and called Sarah’s number.

to be contd

1 Like

Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 9:55am On Jan 13, 2016
LOST (contd)

Sarah was surprised that Paul was yet to call her. One of the reasons she loved Paul was because Paul easily got over anger. She knew he must have felt real bad upon realizing she hung out with Dayo but he had walked out on her and she expected him to call her and talk things over.

Dayo was a nice guy but she didn’t see the possibility to give him her love yet. She loved Paul and she was sure no man could make her feel like a woman the way he did.

She decided she would give him the night to be angry with her; she would call him in the morning.

Dayo had called this evening asking that they meet tomorrow. He would visit her parents tomorrow morning and also take her shopping. Sarah wasn’t sure if she really wanted him to come around, but she didn’t tell him not to come. This made her felt bad because she thought she was betraying Paul again.

She was just about to go to bed when her phone rang. She was only surprised to see that Ik was the caller. Why would Paul ask Ik to speak with her instead?

“Hi Ik, what’s up”

“Sarah… I am bit worried because Paul is not yet home and his number is switched off. Is there anything you know that I don’t?” Ik asked.

Sarah felt her beat skip. “Paul angrily left me around 5pm. How could he not be home?”

“He angrily left you? Was there a quarrel?”

Sarah briefly told him what happened earlier this evening.

“Well, he is not home yet and I am dead worried. I hope he is safe wherever he is.” Ik said.

Could Paul hurt himself just because of the brief misunderstanding they had? Sarah thought. “What do we do now?” Sarah asked in apprehension.

“I really don’t know. It’s dark already. We will wait till tomorrow and see what happens. Maybe he decided to sleep over in a friend’s place.” Even as he said this Ik knew this was not possible.

That night, Sarah tried Paul’s number more than 50 times before sleep took over.

Paul opened his eyes to an intense darkness all around him. His head and ankle ached. Slowly, he remembered how he had spent the day and how Sarah had hurt him. Then he recalled tripping and falling into a ditch. He couldn’t tell how deep the ditch was but he was scared. He was all alone in this darkness and was unaware of what kind of animal or insect lived here. He could hear squeaks of rodents all around him. There were other strange sounds. There were also sounds of crawling insects around him and once in a while he would feel something crawl on his body.

As the moments passed, his fear became intense. He just sat in there helplessly immobilized by fear and pain.

He was not sure of what would come out of the darkness and take a chunk of his flesh. Perhaps there were snakes or scorpions.

He tried to feel his ankle and felt intense pain as he carelessly put pressure on the hurting area. It was already swollen and the pain he felt was unbearable.

He couldn’t even tell what the time was. His phone was dead and he had no way of contacting anyone.

Pain and fear ruled his whole emotions. How long was he going to be here? Was he going to die here all alone? Every passing moment drained the smallest courage and hope he had left. How had today turned out to something so scary.

Something bit him on his leg. It was like the sting of a bee. The pain was chilling even as he instantly felt the area begin to swell. Then he felt some kind of rodent run across his body.

Paul tried to concentrate on hope. He tried telling himself that he would never die here. Then he felt another bite, but this was from a rodent. It seemed the strange rodents where trying to feed on him. He felt blood trickle down his leg, just as another pain similar to the first bite made him almost jump up.

The smell all round him was uncomfortable and he felt like choking. He tried standing up but could only stand on one leg. His head ached harder and he felt dizzy. He leaned on the sandy and grassy wall. Every part of his body pained him and the swollen parts itched. He couldn’t even ignore the mosquito that bit him every second and their irritating buzzes. He just hoped the insect was not poisonous and the rodent was not infected with rabbis. He also hoped nothing would bit him again.

He stood for almost an hour and needed to sit. He was uncomfortable and was getting weaker. Then another insect bite at the back forced him to sit down.

As time went by, the crawling and squeaky sound increased. Insects crawled on his body, some like millipede and ants and spiders. And the rodents ran all around him like they were playing games. Once he thought he heard some hissing sounds and thought a snake was close by.

He tried to take his mind off this environment. And the only thought that was able to distract him was the thought of Sarah.

Sarah.

She had been his pillar for the past three years. She had showed him the real meaning of love and had been there for him through thick and thin. She was a strong woman who knew what she wanted in life, yet she was humble and accommodating. What would he do without her?

Perhaps he shouldn’t have left her angrily this evening. He should have understood with her and what she was going through at home. Her parents have been on her neck on marriage issue for a long time and she had stood her ground even though they didn’t know him. She had protected him knowing he was not yet capable of making bold appearance in declaring marriage intentions to her parents.

He should have understood that she was going through a lot and shouldn’t have just walked away from her.

He was wary of hitting his body every now and then in the bid to stop the relentless mosquitoes from biting him. Then the same insect bit him on the arm just as another rodent took another chunk of flesh from his feet.

Paul didn’t know much of this pain, fear and discomfort he could take. He didn’t know when the morning would come. But if this was his last night on earth, he would definitely spend it with thoughts of Sarah despite the pain and fear.

to be contd

2 Likes

Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 9:56am On Jan 13, 2016
lets continue tomorrow... thats if you will be here
Re: Collection Of My Rants by donziller(m): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ok, sir
Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 7:11am On Jan 14, 2016
OK this is becoming worrisome... Una de vex for me? Na only one person waka come?

Guys even if the rants a boring, someone should at least say. Or are people not reading at all?

Donziller pls u can follow my Facebook page where people at least appreciate my works. I can see nairaland is too much for me.
Re: Collection Of My Rants by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 14, 2016
some of us have been angry since you stopped the reincarnation some of us have been angry since you stopped the reincarnation
Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 8:45am On Jan 14, 2016
Baddchristy:
some of us have been angry since you stopped the reincarnation some of us have been angry since you stopped the reincarnation

You can't be angry at me because I stopped Reincarnation. People were stealing the story and I wanted to have it published.
I uploaded the whole of my story "cyber lover" here and when I published I couldn't make a sale because all my readers said they have read it and cant buy despite spending so much to edit, design and publish.
Reincarnation had been published and is up for just 200naira in okadabooks. Instead of being angry with my for trying to earn little from my handiwork, you can go and read all my published story to encourage me.
I value 1kobo gotten from my writing than 1million gotten from any source. There is joy in earning from ur talent. I have not hurt u in anyway for trying to earn so little from my work.
So I hope u will understand. Thanks so that

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Collection Of My Rants by WCUB3(m): 9:19am On Jan 14, 2016
frank317:
OK this is becoming worrisome... Una de vex for me? Na only one person waka come?

Guys even if the rants a boring, someone should at least say. Or are people not reading at all?

Donziller pls u can follow my Facebook page where people at least appreciate my works. I can see nairaland is too much for me.

Don't leave the readers hanging. At least finish this last rant "Paul's story" before you decide to continue or leave
Re: Collection Of My Rants by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 14, 2016
Hey . . . not bad . . . wink
Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
LOST (contd)

The next morning, Ik called all their friends and asked if any of them had seen or heard from Paul but only got negative answers. He didn’t know what else to do. All the questions in his mind remained unanswered. Sarah bombarded him with calls; he would just give her the bad news and she would drop the call disappointed.

Was Paul dead? Had he been kidnapped? Did he hurt himself because he felt Sarah was leaving him for the guy from US?

Ik was aware of how much Paul loved Sarah. He never joked with her and Ik knew she was perfect for him. Was Paul really missing? Was he alive?

He couldn’t go to the police yet because he would be asked to wait for 24hours to elapse before he could be officially declared missing.

He was just helpless.

Dayo drove his Ford Jeep into Sarah’s family home and was warmly welcomes by her parents and siblings. It was obvious they really loved the young man and would do anything to make him their son in law. His mother was with him and she was also given the attention a friend and a future in-law deserved.

“Where is my daughter?” Dayo’s mother asked. “Why is she not here to welcome me?”

“She is busy inside,” Sarah’s mother said, “Sarah!” she called on her daughter.

Sarah came out looking really worn out. She had barely slept last night and had been crying all day. Sarah was sure Paul was not safe wherever he was and it was all her fault. She had imagined all kinds of bad scenario he might be facing at the moment. He might be in pain somewhere with no one to help him. The thought of him being dead kept reoccurring but she refused to let it sink in. She was determined to be hopeful.

“What is wrong with you Sarah?” Her father asked, concerned.

“Ha, my daughter, why are you crying and looking like a ghost.” Her alarmed mother asked. She knew Sarah to be a very strong girl who only cried in very critical situations. She was sure that whatever was making her daughter cry must be very bad.

Dayo walked up to her and held her hand, “Tell me what is bothering you.”

Sarah only broke down and cried more.

Everyone was surprised and concerned.

The girl just cried her hearts out without telling anyone what the problem was. All efforts to make her talk were fruitless. They just helplessly watched her cry and tried to calm her down. She excused herself and went into her room.

Her parents remained worried as they wondered what the problem was.

“Please can I go and talk to her?” Dayo said.

‘But you can see that we have been trying to get that from her all the while she had been crying here.” Sarah’s mother responded.

“I know but I want to try again.” Dayo walked straight into her room.

She was still sobbing when he entered.

“Alright Sarah,” His voice was calm; “can you please tell me what the problem is? We can’t be of help if you refuse to tell us anything and you are making your parents suffer by watching you cry without being able to help.”

She looked up at him and he was glad that she was ready to talk. “I am sorry Dayo… you are obviously a nice guy but I can’t go into any relationship with you. I am in love with another and I don’t think I can leave him for anyone.”

Dayo remained silence for a while. Then he sighed and looked at the sobbing girl. “Is this the reason why you are crying?” He asked.

“No… well… kind of…” she briefly told Dayo what had transpired between her and Paul last night and the situation of things right now. “I can’t stop beating myself and blaming me for everything. If anything bad happens to Paul, I will never forgive myself.”

Dayo felt pity for the girl even as he felt bad for himself. He had fallen for Sarah right from the first time he had beheld her. Knowing that she had already been taken was bad news for him. He wished Paul could just disappear from the face of the earth, but he knew that was cruel.

He walked towards the room exit and stopped at the door. “I really wish I could help despite the way I feel right now… I hope your man comes home safely.” He opened the door and left the room.

Sarah’s parents stared at him in anticipation.

“Your daughter is in love with someone else… I will advise you to go and help her find her lost lover before she does something bad to herself.” He said to them and walked away.

His mother soon joined him where he waited for her in the car.

“Do you just want to give up because of some unknown man?” his mother asked him.

“You are a woman mother. At this point you should know there is no point fighting a lost cause. What is the point in going for a woman that is already in love? Why put her through such stress of unloving the man she loves? Let’s go home mum, we will find me another girl.” He started the car engine and drove off.

Sarah’s mother walked into Sarah’s room and had a heart to heart talk with her daughter.

‘But you never told me you had a man in your life. I was sorry for you for being lonely and was tried to get you a man.” She said to her sobbing daughter.

“We were waiting for him to get something doing. He wanted you and dad to be confident in giving me to him. He wanted you to be assured your daughter would be well taken care of by the man you give her to.” Sarah cried.

Her mother sighed. “Now we have to stop crying and go find the man you love.”

to be contd..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
LOST (...contd)

By 2pm, Sarah, her parents and Ik were at the station. They officially declared Paul missing and started making effort to find him. The police men asked them sensitive questions about every possible places Paul might have gone but the results were all negative.

By 4.30pm, everyone was exhausted; they were short of ideas and didn’t know what else to do. Ik and Sarah sat on a bench in the station’s reception staring at nothing but thinking of Paul.

“You know I got a call from the multi-national company where he attended interview last week. He was successful and he is to make himself available for medical test in two weeks.” Ik sadly told her.

Sarah looked up at him. She was lost of words. Fresh tears filled her eyes. She blamed herself for everything. She had put the struggling nice man under pressure just because her parents wanted her to get married. “Oh…” She cried uncontrollably while Ik watch helplessly with a gloomy heart.

“Please, I just want to be alone.” She stood up and walked off to nowhere in particular.

Paul was holding unto the smallest life left in him. He had been drifting into unconsciousness and waking up. He had been surprised that he actually lived till morning. The night had been the longest and the worst night of his life. The bites kept coming and he lost count of how many times the rodents took a chunk from his body. Every part of his body was swollen and there were sores too.

Last night, he had gone into a trans-like state where he was with Sarah. Her smile and laughter and gentle lovely face made him forget his pain for a while. And when he opened his eyes, the morning finally came. He looked around his environment. It was a large ditch, perhaps used as food storage by the local people who used to live around here. It was large enough to contain three or four men of his size and it was six to seven feet deep. There was grass everywhere but he couldn’t see any of the rodents that tried to feed on him last night.

“Help! He managed to scream again but he knew it was fruitless. He had veered off in so deep and it would be a miracle for anyone to walk this way. His whole body itched and ached in pain while his stomach groaned in hunger.

Getting out of the ditch with a broken leg and weak body was out of the question. He brought out his mobile phone and threw it out of the ditch. Perhaps it might attract a stray person to the ditch area.

His head ached and he felt faint. Life slowly drained out of him and he struggled to keep his mind busy with thoughts of Sarah. Once he could visualize her pretty face, it would seem she was right there with him telling him to be strong for her.

When the sun came up, the ditch became hot and stuffy. Paul hung on even as his whole body became numb.

As the sun went down, it was obvious that his life would definitely go with it.

to be contd...

1 Like

Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
LOST (...contd)

Sarah found herself walking towards the lonely path she had once been with Paul. Memories of the last time they hung out here came flooding in. She remembered the passionate kiss they had shared which had proceeded into a hot romance that even made her desire sex on the spot.

Paul was the perfect man for her and every moment with him was a whole new experience. She felt empty and hopeless. Why had she come here? This place was only bringing memories of Paul to her consciousness and making her feel very sad and depressed, yet it was the only place that served her the solace she needed at the moment.

It was almost 6pm, and the environment was quiet and lonely. It was more than twenty four hours since she last spoke with Paul and she suddenly realized that she might never see Paul again.

She veered off the path, unconsciously trying to locate the place she once shared a romantic moment with Paul. She just wanted to keep his memory alive.

She suddenly felt alone; it was getting late, perhaps she should just go back. Her eyes settled on something shinny in the grass a distance away. She stared harder not sure if what she was staring at was a screen of a cell phone.

Her phone rang.

“Where are you Sarah?” her mother asked once she answered the call.

“I am on my way home mum.” Sarah answered. She dropped the call, her attention off the glassy object. She turned around to leave but heard something like a weak cry of help.

Paul.

She turned around and walked towards the glassy object. It was Paul’s phone. She hurried and picked it only to see a ditch by the side. She peeped in and saw Paul lying helplessly inside. She was only sure he was alive because she had thought she had heard him cry for help. But he lay immobile in the ditch. He was in a sorry state, and this broke her heart even more.

Heart beating fast, hands shivering, Sarah brought out her mobile phone and dialed Ik’s number.

“Ik… get the police. I have found Paul, also come with an ambulance, he seem to be seriously hurt.

An hour later, Paul was brought out of the ditch and rushed to the hospital. He was clearly unconscious and Sarah prayed fervently for his survival because he didn’t look like a living soul to her.

The image of Paul’s lifeless body as he was brought out of the ditch and carried into the ambulance was more of a horror to Sarah. He looked torn apart with his body all swollen up and openings everywhere.

She wondered what must have happened to him; she wondered if he will survive.

She stood by his hospital bed all through the night never wanting to leave his side again.

Her mother observed her; she had never seen her daughter in love. She was very happy to see her daughter this way and she felt sorry for trying to push her daughter into a relationship without really knowing what her daughter really wanted. She silently prayed that this young man lying helpless on the bed should wake up. She wanted to see and even know this young man who had captured her daughter’s heart this way.

to be contd...

3 Likes

Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
LOST (...contd)

Paul woke up on Sunday evening and the first person he saw by his side was Sarah. He head was bowed and she was unaware that he was conscious.

“Is this real?” His weak voice asked.

She swiftly raised her head up, “Oh my God, you are awake.” She exclaimed and took his right his right hand and squeezed it.

“Wow, I am alive.”

Sarah smiled, “Yes Paul. I was scared to death. Just the thought of what you must have gone through.”

‘Thank you.” He said. “Thank you for being with me all through the night. I couldn’t have made it alive without you.” Tears rolled down his eyes as he spoke.

“I don’t understand what you are talking about.” She asked.

“Thoughts of you kept me alive. They were so real that I could have sworn you were there with me.”

Sarah couldn’t help the tears from her eyes. “I am sorry for everything I put you through Paul…”

“Common, it was all my fault, I shouldn’t have been harsh on you for trying to tell me the truth.”

“I will like you to meet my parents.” She said.

“Your parents?” Paul was surprised.

“They were helpful in your search.” She stood up as a doctor walked in to attend to him.

Sarah came in a few minutes after the doctor left. Her parents were right beside her.

Paul was surprised at how warm they were to him. He felt like a member of the family. They were good people, just like their daughter. Yet Paul wondered what happened with the man from USA. He decided now was not the right time to bring that up.

He was glad to be alive. He was glad to have Sarah by his side.

Ik soon joined them and gave Paul the good news.

Everyone was happy and Paul was sure he would fully recover.

The trauma of that night’s event didn’t easily wear off but he was glad for the turnout of events. So he determined he would live the rest of his life loving those who deserved it like it was the last thing that mattered on earth.

He believed it was nothing but love that saw him through that traumatic night.

The End

thanks for reading... please read, share comment and like... if u like it.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Collection Of My Rants by decentboi(m): 7:54am On Jan 15, 2016
Broz frankie, if 2 say dem dey learn writing lyk wrk, ah 4 cm b ur apprentice oooo, am a silent fan bro, being folow all ur wrk..... Welldone sir

1 Like

Re: Collection Of My Rants by donziller(m): 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nice work i really enjoy it,
Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
decentboi:
Broz frankie, if 2 say dem dey learn writing lyk wrk, ah 4 cm b ur apprentice oooo, am a silent fan bro, being folow all ur wrk..... Welldone sir

lol.. thanks... I am just an amature
Re: Collection Of My Rants by frank317: 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
House 48 (A brief Intro)

House 48 is a comedy series about occupants of house number 48, Gold street. It is a house of six flats; the first four flats are two bedrooms while the last two are one bedroom each. Let's meet the flat mates.

Bayo and Chidi: They are two brothers with names from two different ethnic groups. Bayo is 25 and Chidi is 23. Their different tribal names would always remain a cause of controversy in the house. Bayo works in the bank while Chidi is a graphic artist. They both stay flat 2.

Ken: Ken is a handsome trainer and a chronic womanizer. Every woman he talks to falls for him and he is the most reliable when you need a good advice on how to handle your woman. He is a 24years and works with a gym house in town. Ken is funny and loveable. He speaks all languages and no one knows his tribe. I think every woman following this series will like him. He stays alone in flat 6.

Ifeoma(Ify) and Affiong: Two gorgeous friends, without them, house 48 would be dry with much to be desired. Both girl where actually classmates at the university. Affiong's parents are super rich and so does not work; right now she is doing her masters. Ifeoma is hot and funny and she's got style and works at shoppy Mall. Both girls are 23. They have hot friends too. They live in flat 5.

Adams and Shade: these are the two love birds who stay in flat one. Shade is Adams girl friend and does not give him breathing space. She knows Adams is hot and if she took her eyes off him, he would be taken away by the ladies. Adam is a 26 years old smart lawyer who owns his own; he never never gets angry.

Madam IJ: she is the mean occupant of flat 5. Everyone avoids her; in fact they are scared of her. She is a no nonsense single woman at 43. She never smiles and is always ready for trouble. It is believed that she was once married but no one is certain. She hardly gets any visitor and her whole life seems to revolve around her work.

Fun Joe: Fun Joe is the occupant of flat 3. Fun Joe is always on the move. He is always on a journey but whenever he is in town, the house is full of fun. He makes so much noise and is always very excited. Joe is twenty four years old and always says off point.

Now you have met the occupants of House 48. With time, you will get note familiar with them; you will know their friends and their dilemmas.

Thanks guys and keep a date with me next week for the first episode.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London / The President ’ S Daughter And I (18 +) By Phemmyjnr / The Loose Noose (A Short Story By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.