Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. (28888 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by MotoringNigeria: 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2016
The Nigerian Police has begun a revalidation of motor vehicle tinted glass permit. The exercise which commenced on January 1st, 2016 is to enable owners of tinted motor vehicles obtain new permits before March 18, 2016, when all current licenses will become invalid. Solomon Arese, the Inspector General of Police (IG) made this announcement at the inauguration of the Nigeria Police Central Information System (NCIS).

Speaking about the permit registration or revalidation exercise, the IG stated that all such permits would only be processed through the NCIS in order to build a reliable database that would help in tackling the abuses associated with the analogue process which has now been discontinued.

Application for the tinted glass permit is free. Visit NPF tinted permit application( http://npf.gov.ng/tinted/) to apply.

Motoringnigeria.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by enygmababe: 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
Seriously, it is now free?

Hope the free is not the same as 'bail is free'

Just visited the link and I really hope it is as easy as described.

5 Likes

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by colossus2: 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2016
Good move Nigeria.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by akimsuru: 4:03am On Jan 06, 2016
But mind you it has to be direct-tinted glass (which is also factory tinted glasses) not the ones most of us do manually after purchasing a car.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by pankere(m): 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
"application" is free

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
enygmababe:
Seriously, it is now free?

Hope the free is not the same as 'bail is free'

Just visited the link and I really hope it is as easy as described.

It is not free the form is meant to ensure that permit is processed properly, you will still pay bribes when you go to the police command.

You will be asked to pay for toner, biro ,recharge card and transport fare to the dept concerned, keep some money for the officers lunch as well. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by diportivo: 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
Police also wants biometrics angry

International passport.....biometrics

Drivers license..................biometrics

National ID card................biometrics

Telecoms..........................biometrics

pvc.....................................biometrics

Bvn....................................biometrics

And the list goes on and on....smh

undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by oride: 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
yeah, just like bail is free abi?

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by pattybf(f): 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
this news is yet to be brought officially to my table!
until den we r still in biz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by ednut1(m): 8:23am On Jan 09, 2016
When you go to submit it at the police station , u must drop something na

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by carblognaija: 8:27am On Jan 10, 2016
Nothing comes from Nigeria Police that is free. Believe that news at your own peril. By the time you get frustrated you will be the one begging to pay a fee.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by lawsta(m): 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
saying that something is free with the npf is just a political / official statement. by d time u wasted ur resources on fares, u will beg that u earnestly want to cooperate with them.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by melford244: 11:54pm On Jan 11, 2016
After going online to fill n submit necessary details as requested..... was disappointed when I got to Police command and the officer incharge said they are not aware of the new biometrics development.
NPF needs to ensure this Database n equipments for data capture is up n running b4 going public......Sad face
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by earthrealm(m): 3:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
melford244:
After going online to fill n submit necessary details as requested..... was disappointed when I got to Police command and the officer incharge said they are not aware of the new biometrics development.
NPF needs to ensure this Database n equipments for data capture is up n running b4 going public......Sad face

lmao!!!!!.........which state u go?..some dude in lagos said same thing on npf fb wall..
effing clowns!

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by MrChilaka(m): 10:17am On Jan 13, 2016
melford244:

[size=13pt]Finally some information I can work with,

Melford244 kindly let us know which command you visited.

@ All : If anyone was successful with the process kindly share the information of the "informed" Police Command.

When I get home today I would begin the scanning process of my vehicle papers and hopefully print out my form and proceed to the Division Area Head Office in my location - Jos. [/size]
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by melford244: 7:57am On Jan 14, 2016
Benue State..... when u Visit Jos command plz kindly share ur. experience with the house.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
Application forms are free, but the permit is not . There will definitely be costs to pay to acquire the permit.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Vicben(m): 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nothing is free, even in Freetown.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by cjfbn: 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
I have filled the online form but was told that I have to go to the force headquarters in the state capital for the biometric capturing. I am in abia state.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Excuzeme: 12:58am On Jan 19, 2016
There are two groups:

1.) Those like me, who have a Tinted Vehicle and have gotten a Tint-Permit before.

2.) Those who have a Tinted Vehicle and are just getting a Tint-permit NOW (That is, they dont have one before).

For case 1, it is FREE. You are only submitting original "Paper permit" and your Details, for Capturing on the database. New E-Permit is then issued

For case 2, it is not free as you would need to obtain a Tint permit (and pay for it) but it will be done/captured electronically.

When l do mine, l will come back and give a shout
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by earthrealm(m): 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
some1 said he has done his in edo state.
captured his biometrics...and told his permit will b out in a few days
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Chalcedon: 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
After going online and filling out the required info for Tinted Permit Re-Validation. I headed out to Moscow Road Port Harcourt to capture my bio-metrics for the Tinted Permit.
I was shocked to my bones when the Police Woman in the entrance of the capture office told me the cost of the Police Tinted Permit is (NGN17,000.00 Seventeen Thousand Naira). I was deflected. I finally lost hope in Nigeria's fight against corruption. I don't know what next to do. I spent NGN20,000.00 for the current permit i have and now going to revalidate with 17k in less than one year?
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by colossus2: 7:27am On Jan 20, 2016
Chalcedon:
After going online and filling out the required info for Tinted Permit Re-Validation. I headed out to Moscow Road Port Harcourt to capture my bio-metrics for the Tinted Permit.
I was shocked to my bones when the Police Woman in the entrance of the capture office told me the cost of the Police Tinted Permit is (NGN17,000.00 Seventeen Thousand Naira). I was deflected. I finally lost hope in Nigeria's fight against corruption. I don't know what next to do. I spent NGN20,000.00 for the current permit i have and now going to revalidate with 17k in less than one year?
Na wa oh. This one pass annoying
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by earthrealm(m): 8:30am On Jan 20, 2016
Chalcedon:

ph people no dey dull!!!!....greedy police..guess cos its oil city grin
the money is illegal...cos its supzd to be free, my pal was asked to pay 5k in edo state...[the police said its to buy airtime/internet for the uploads etc]

i bet the thing wud b free in abuja...n cheaper in lagos
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by ogoplus: 4:12pm On Jan 20, 2016
Please use this options

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by ogoplus: 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
Chalcedon:

We know it can be free....
Except the IG himself is the one doing the bio-metrics.....

but 17k is damn too much...
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by ogoplus: 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
Na wa ooo

Port Harcourt Police command...
Watch out!

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by Alusioji(m): 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
Has anyone received his tinted permit from PortHarcourt command. Is it wait and take?
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by cardoctor(m): 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Na wah. I just paid for a new permit last month. Ooohhhh, had I known.
Re: Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. by simplelife17: 9:40am On Jan 26, 2016
why should someone have to get a permit for tinted car when the car is register to someone's name and address? what difference does it make and what will it prevent?

tinted car glass is to prevent direct sun into the eyes and reduce heat, why should Nigerian police ripping Nigerians off?

there should be a classification on what types of tinted glass that needs permit.

I need someone to explain to me why it necessary to get a permit to drive light tinted or half light coloured glass.
I believe a tinted glass is those ones used by official Nigerian thief, I mean people in government offices, those ones that is so black you won't notice if someone is inside a vehicle.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What The Warning Symbols Flashing On Your Car's Dashboard Is Trying To Tell You / Truck Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Ibadan (photo) / How Can One Identify A Stolen Vehicle At The Point Of Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.