Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Governor Samuel Ortom Charges Benue People To Be Compassionate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Samuel Ortom Charges Benue People To Be Compassionate (483 Views)

Governor Samuel Ortom Orders Immediate Repair Of Collapsed Makurdi-lafia Road / Benue People On A Solidarity Visit To Nnamdi Kanu (Video) / Governor Samuel Ortom Donates Branded Wheelbarrows To Benue Youths (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Samuel Ortom Charges Benue People To Be Compassionate by ibnapine(m): 11:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
ORTOM CHARGES BENUE PEOPLE TO BE COMPASSIONATE

By Tahav Agerzua

Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, today charged well to do individuals and organizations in the state to show compassion on the less privileged in the society.

He gave the charge when he visited the Centre for Parental Care of the Old and Vulnerable, CEPACOV, in Makurdi.

Governor Ortom stated that showing compassion was the surest way of attracting and retaining God’s blessings.

He donated a Toyota Hilux, pledged a monthly imprest of N500, 000, beds and mattresses as well as wheelchairs to the home even as he directed that one of the inmates, Pa Iurun Tso, should be treated of hernia at the Benue State University Teaching Hospital at his cost.

Governor Ortom promised to support the home to deliver on its responsibilities to the inmates and urged well to do individuals and organizations to emulate the Executive Director of the home, Mrs. Theresa Atser Iwail who he described as the Mother Theresa of Benue State.

Mrs. Iwail stated that she was inspired to establish the home.

“I got the inspiration from God as I sat in church one day and an old woman soaked in urine walked past me, she was unkempt and stunk, I felt for her and sought after her after mass and assisted her to tidy up and since then I have this burning desire and love for the aged,” she stated.

“Individualism, selfishness and the prevailing poverty in the country has made the living condition of the elderly very pitiable and deplorable, hence the need to love and care for them.”

She said her organization has fifty out-patient clients on monthly stipends and eight others living in the Old Peoples Care Home.

Mrs. Iwail said Governor Ortom was the first Governor to visit the 10-year old home and listed difficulty in paying its 13 staff, land for expansion, bus, more beds and wheelchairs as challenges for which she solicited assistance.

Posted by Teryila Ibn Apine

(1) (Reply)

Can You Blame Fire For Those Who Play With Fire And Burnt? / Police Face-off With Armed Robbers 2 Dead. / Customs Boss Orders All Officers To Declare Assets Within 14 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.