Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) (29685 Views)

Fashola At Nnamdi Azikiwe's Burial Site In Onitsha (Photos) / Abia Civil Servant Born In 1961 (Photos) / Nnamdi Azikiwe Being Shown The Historic Well In Buhari's Hometown In 1961(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by cheruv: 10:28am On Jan 06, 2016
WIZGUY69:

What happened to Eastern Nigeria?

You can't reap from where you didn't sow.

[s]because Western Nigeria is developing in a very fast pace, zik decided to leave his own region to govern another region. isn't that greediness[/s]?

that's how ojuku & friend decided to invade Lagos (western Nigeria) before they were sent back bare footed. grin
Lies again...
Records had it that as at April 1967,the Eastern economy was the fastest growing economy in Afrika...and this was before crude oil came into the show.

6 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by Proudnigga(m): 10:37am On Jan 06, 2016
yahrant140:
I hope our Igbo brethren, who think Yorubas are their problem will have a rethink.
b4 the betrayer everything was good
Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by yahrant140(m): 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
Proudnigga:
b4 the betrayer everything was good

As for the Yoruba-hating waillers, even with this tangible throw-back evidence, they can never cease singing their songs: Yorubas are "cowards", "slaves", "saboteurs" etc. I pray God will give them new and better album titles.

18 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by bellong: 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
TooNoisy:
It is a known fact that Awolowo was prepared to work with Zik, in fact he had asked Zik if they could form a Government together, but Zik prefered Ahmadu Bello. Why do you think people then referred to Zik as the beautiful bride. Awolowo and Ahmadu Bellong were sworn enemies hence Awo was jailed in the 60s.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by WIZGUY69(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
cheruv:

Lies again...
Records had it that as at April 1967,the Eastern economy was the fastest growing economy in Afrika...and this was before crude oil came into the show.

grin. Please I want to see the record.
and I will post my records too.

deal? cool

15 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
WIZGUY69:

grin. Please I want to see the record.
and I will post my records too.

deal? cool
That guy has no record to show u except u want to wait till eternity

18 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by Proudnigga(m): 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
yahrant140:

As for the Yoruba-hating waillers, even with this tangible throw-back evidence, they can never cease singing their songs: Yorubas are "cowards", "slaves", "saboteurs" etc. I pray God will give them new and better album titles.
gud 9t
Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by yahrant140(m): 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
The Yoruba-haters do so out of sheer envy. Our people are ar advanced more than most sections of Nigeria.
That's why every government since 1966 have done their level best to reverse Awo's achievements esp in Education.

18 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
Just the way Tinubu appointed Buhari grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by IBROMARKET: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
I just came accross this site and found it very informative.

I have been called for interview and pls pray i get the job.

http://hotnigeriavacancies..com.ng
Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by Nazacent: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
how does this trash change the price of fuel.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by Ijaya123: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
yahrant140:
I hope our Igbo brethren, who think Yorubas are their problem will have a rethink.

This advice is uncalled for. The Yorubas are the most peaceful lot in Nigeria and not the problem of igbos. Igbos are their own problem.

I stand to be quoted.

21 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by vicnairaland: 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
I will Scratch your back so that you can do mine in return. Old Politics of the Tribe the old chameleon Trube.
Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by OgeniBravo: 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
Wande coal is a very talented

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
TooNoisy:
It is a known fact that Awolowo was prepared to work with Zik, in fact he had asked Zik if they could form a Government together, but Zik prefered Ahmadu Bello. Why do you think people then referred to Zik as the beautiful bride. Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello were sworn enemies hence Awo was jailed in the 60s. But both could work with Zik. If the Igbos have a problem today, they should trace it back to Zik.

And when Igbos call Hausa the slave masters of the Yoruba, I can only laugh. It is on record that the Hausa and Yoruba have never voted in similar fashion except in 2015. Just check history.

Zik accepted to serve under Balewa in 1960 and 1964. Ekweme accepted to serve under Shagari in 1979. Both Hausa and Igbo voted Shagari/Ekweme. In 1999, the Hausa and Igbo voted Obasanjo remember. So who really are the slaves here?

The summary of the police calculations in Nigeria was shown in 2011. The South united and voted in Jonathan. It means if the South unites, they will always defeat the North. The North always seems to be in charge because the South is hardly ever united.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by gistrepublic: 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
This doesn't change or will change anything...if it even means anything

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by Sweetguy25: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
In as much as I love Azikiwe, I feel he made a costly mistake by not forming a southern government with Awo. Azikiwe's romance with the North was a big error.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by BABANGBALI: 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
WIZGUY69:

What happened to Eastern Nigeria?

You can't reap from where you didn't sow.

because Western Nigeria is developing in a very fast pace, zik decided to leave his own region to govern another region. isn't that greediness?

that's how ojuku & friend decided to invade Lagos (western Nigeria) before they were sent back bare footed. grin
barefooted?kikikikikikikikikiki i don die

10 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by cosby02(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
cheruv:

Lies again...
Source please

9 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by BABANGBALI: 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
yahrant140:
The Yoruba-haters do so out of sheer envy. Our people are ar advanced more than most sections of Nigeria.
That's why every government since 1966 have done their level best to reverse Awo's achievements esp in Education.
oro lo so o paro

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by BABANGBALI: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
yahrant140:

mi ngbadun e gidi gan ni

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by yahrant140(m): 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
OgeniBravo:
Wande coal is a very talented
don't derailed my thread kid... This thread is beyond your little IQ!

14 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by yahrant140(m): 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
BABANGBALI:
mi ngbadun e gidi gan ni
wa gbayi, omo iyami......

6 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by missKiffy(f): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
yahrant140:
They are their own problem

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by Sanguine77(m): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
yahrant140:
For your mind abi? Some times, you may have no option than to nominate the best man for a job cos anything else will not work.
That said, why ddo the Yorubas think that the average Igbo man hates him?
We cannot move forward if we continue with our prebendal politics as well as elevating mediocrity and tribalism over and above merit and efficiency.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by 123papas(m): 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
fighting each other on the internet but sleeping with each other behind closed doors

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
Awo was a great man and a detribalised Nigerian, though he was a patriotic to his Yoruba nation.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by Lifestone(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
cheruv:

Lies again...
Which records? Speak with evidence.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by AsherStorm(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nice reminder for for Biafra agents

NB- all artists, Dj, Mcs are advised to make their work worthwhile this 2016 so we can all ball hard... Thus, th best place to get the best music production is from #StormerzStudio behind Conoil, fajol Abeokuta.
Call or whatsapp 08060389161

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by DoTheNeedful: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
cheruv:

Lies again...

Can you just show us one verifiable record showing us this? Just one

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Nominated Nnamdi Azikiwe - 'West African Pilot', February 10, 1961 (Pic) by loffyloffy: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
Saraki encouraged the emergence of ekeremodu..lobatan

its politics pure and simple it doesn't mean they love or hate themselves.

and there is none of them that can't betray the other if it becomes politically expedient

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Graduates With Law Degree From Baze University (Photos) / Police Surround NBA Ikeja, Chairman Adeshina Ogunlana Arrested / Eid-El-Kabir: FG Declares July 11th & 12th as Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.