Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK (10653 Views)

Michelle Nkamankeng, The Youngest Published Author In Africa (PHOTOS) / I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / What Is An Unseen Prose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by ochejoseph(m): 7:42am On Jan 06, 2016

Excepts From The Unseen Terrorist 
An exposé Published by Author House UK. 

As entertainment and hospitality business becomes completely sexualized and the quest for cloud nine via narcotics continues to  land promising young men and women on ground zero, it has become imperative to share these real life stories of young people whose destinies were short circuited by a terrorist we have refused to recognise !

HUNTING FOR PEDOPHILES

Mrs. Winifred left for the shopping mall, beaming with smiles, the mall had just taken delivery of new stocks, and among them was an Italian leather handbag she had coveted for a long time. She had been saving for long in the hope of buying the high quality handbag to match her new status as an assistant manager at a drug manufacturing firm. Upon receiving the news of the new arrivals from a friend, she dashed to the nearest automated teller machine to make withdrawals and hastily boarded a taxi heading for the mall. Her joy knew no bounds as she picked the bag, strolling majestically towards the counter where she paid for the bag and joyfully headed home to share the news with her husband who was on a weeklong sick leave. As she opened the door, the sight of her husband sexually abusing their one year old daughter was more than she could take, she suddenly collapsed on the floor smashing her head on a glass stool as she made her way down. Rushed to a nearby hospital, she was resuscitated but waking up to the reality that she has been married to a beast for ten years. Over the years, as I recall these episodes, my heart bleeds. As a guide who works closely with children and young people it grieves my heart to see the pain our society continues to inflict on the vulnerable and defenceless. The media is flooded with horrific stories and images of the continuous violation and molestation of our children from fathers who destroy their babies to randy Priests who defile the temple, our environment is completely ensnared

The media itself is not left out of this onslaught against our children. The increased sexualization and eroticalization of our kids by the media has been identified as a major contributing factor to the way girls view sexuality. The promotion of appearance and physical attractiveness as key values by the media has also been implicated as one of the leading cause of eating disorders, depression and low self esteem among young people. To the few who survived these brutal onslaught, the scars as well as the emotional and psychological trauma remain and continue to torment them destroying their self esteem, and changing their view and perception of society as they journey through life. It is therefore imperative to canvass for legislations that are stiff enough to serve as a nightmare for pedophiles and would be child molesters. According to the FBI, 61 percent of rape victims are under 18 and 29 percent are younger than 11 yet only 1 out of every 10 child sexual abuse is reported to law enforcement agents. The lack of stringent laws and the inefficient prosecution of perpetrators have made it increasingly difficult for victims and their families to get the justice they deserve. In the absence of a global tracking system to effectively track pedophiles and checkmate their activities, the door will continue to remain open to these group of people who sneak into Facebook, connect with us on Twitter and show the world how they violated and infected our children on YouTube.

Excerpt 2:     THE EVIL CLAN

When lab results showed that Emeka was infected with the HIV virus, members of his immediate family strategized on how to take care of him. After series of meetings and consultations, they came to the “brilliant” conclusion that keeping the information secret was in the best interest of the clan. Secondly, they decided to find a suitable bride, who would take care of him when he becomes weaker and unable to do most things by himself, since the demand of their business will not permit them to do so. Ezinne, the daughter of Mazi Ikenna, a poor farmer from the neighboring village of Ogbeotu was picked for the assignment. Unknown to Ezinne and members of her family, they were being lured into a scheme that would have lethal consequences. Several months after the wedding, Emeka began to show physical signs of the disease and was admitted for few weeks at a local hospital. Ezinne who was already seven months pregnant by this time was always at his bed side taking care of his needs to the “delight” of his family members. As his health deteriorated, Ezinne had to virtually do everything for her husband as he could neither speak nor stand without support. He eventually died on the 5th of September exactly 18 months after the wedding and was hastily buried by his family. Two months later when Ezinne his wife put to bed, none of her husband’s relatives showed up to rejoice with her on the birth of her daughter. As the widow settled down to raise her daughter, her husband’s relatives sold the only house her husband left and shared the money among themselves leaving her and her little child with no shelter.

Forced to relocate to her father’s house, Ezinne, whose health was already failing struggled to take care of her daughter who was also HIV positive. With frequent hospital visits and mounting medical bills draining the family’s finances, her father started asking questions. He was later to discover the grand set up that transformed Ezinne his daughter into a guinea pig for Emeka’s family. However, being financially handicapped to seek judicial redress, he sold as much farm produce as he could to pay the medical bills of his daughter’s and her child. As Ezinne narrated her ordeal to me on her hospital bed, tears rolled down her eyes as she clutched a picture of her dead child to her chest. As I left her ward that evening, I wondered how many innocent young brides would have to die before the authorities take action.

Quote: When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible but in the end they will always fall. Think of it—always —Mahatma Gandhi

© Oche Otorkpa

http://www.amazon.com/The-Unseen-Terrorist-Oche-Otorkpa/dp/1491887389

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/reviews/the-unseen-terrorist-oche-otorkpa/1119762369?ean=9781491887387

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by odiereke(m): 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
Can u imagine? Good write up.

1 Like

Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by Tonnniey: 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
I almost wept
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by nnadychuks(m): 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
as nigeria economy dey fall like prick so.. You go understand say na thought and mental reasoning dey stand prick not power.. grin

1 Like

Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by Owliver(m): 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
I didn't read no shtt.

too fhurkin long
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by GraceBestowed(f): 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ok, now that's a good read!

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by xana101: 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
Plz who will summerize this for me.
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by Demmocrats(m): 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
xana101:

grin grin grin Google nko
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by CR77(f): 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
Me
xana101:
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by tunwumi: 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
Horrible
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
Thumb Up for the writer. kiss

1 Like

Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by Ameedan: 12:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
Only God can save us from d wicked ones
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by ademoladeji(m): 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
[size=18pt]DANSUKI[/size]
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by Dygeasy(m): 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
shocked
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by seedorfg(m): 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
what a wicked and cruel family/Inlaws , pity the (victim) wife, nice writeup @ OP
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by Nihilist: 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
His Cool Story...

....Brought to you by Bro Productions
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by babadj1: 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by cdz: 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nice use of language and good manipulation of the narrative technique. But, can we please for once deviate from telling tales that sicken the mind? What lesson are we supposed to learn from Mrs. Winifred's experience? Never leave your daughter alone at home with your husband or never leave your son alone at home with your wife? Please, enough of this filth. The cure for vice is virtue - not the propagation of vice in prose narrative disguising as a lesson teacher.

4 Likes

Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by onosprince(m): 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by mhk043(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
the unseen terrorist indeed..
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by wwhale(m): 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
in Nigeria where people are diverting to agriculture.Get what you can't get from Google and Alliexpress from us at cheaper rate.Bio power seaweed fertilizer,d yield product is awesome and also serve as pesticides.A litre is use for 4 plot of land.and doesn't have any side effect call us on 08062265532,BBM 7B34C8F5

Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by exedus(m): 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by anochuko01(m): 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
if I hear say I read that thing..... grin
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by 2dillu2(m): 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
This world sef angry sad angry
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by tbmas(m): 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Sad
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
sobbing
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by praz001(m): 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
ehmmm!!!! odd world. may God help us
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by smartwilly4eva: 1:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
Good write-up

but the heart of man is evil
Re: Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK by charsobodo(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
Great write up, kudos op

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alpha Luke (werewolf stories) / LIVING NIGHTMARE(18+) / An Ode To The Unpredictable Fart.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.