Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 (17921 Views)

7 Most Anticipated Debut Albums In 2018 / Seven Most Anticipated Albums Of 2017 / The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 06, 2016
2015 was a good year for the music industry. We had some amazing singles (God bless Simi!!), some iconic dance moves (oya shakiti bobo) and even some endtime beef (una already know na grin)
However outside of Eyan Mayweather, the albums dropped last year were largely unimpressive.
We gotta hope for better this new year so here are the Top 5 Most Anticipated Albums of 2016

5) Chidinma : Miss Kedike has made an evolution from her "cute little Igbo village girl" image to a very cool gangsta, Flavour's 3rd baby mama-like chick. grin We love her, and her amazing voice either way. Can't wait to hear her next album

[img]http://4.bp..com/-OVrJwXMfTto/Vfhwkp4FcBI/AAAAAAAAJZM/dAOW5nv4hns/s640/chidinmaekile.JPG[/img]

4) Lil Kesh : This guy was the main subject of the Headies beef...... He stole the spotlight in Ladi and his voice is this addictive cross between catchy and irritating grin Can't wait to hear his album and we jus pray it doesn't end up like 14 different types of Shoki remixes

3) Banky W : Almost cried when Wizkid left the label grin but this guy has been doing pretty well for himself since then. The Yes/No crooner has been working on his album for over a year and we can't wait to hear it

2) Kiss Daniel : Basically this kid should just keep doing what he's doing. Raba, Woju, Molue, Laye.... His voice is unique and lovely; whatever happened at the Headies...... grin We don't know, either way we can't wait to hear an album from this rookie

DRUMROLL PLEASE

1) Phyno : This may not be 2014, but Baba Obago is still the man of the year. With his almost universal appeal and his double skills as a hit producer and also one of the best rappers in the nation..... Basically can't bloody wait for his album to drop; even just as good as his first one, we are all blessed grin

cc: lalasticlala airmark
I may be sliiiightly biased btw grin credit to all the artists
Add yours please embarassed

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 06, 2016
Although most of Lil Keshi's songs lack content, I am anticipating his more than any of those other artistes on the list. His songs make me turn up all the time.

As much as we all need the Adeles and the John Legends and the Bruno Mars and the Ed sheerans of this world, and all other great song writers and artists, we still need to shake our bodies and dance and that's the area where the likes of Lil Kesh become useful. So I am seriously anticipating his album.

Efejoku!

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 06, 2016
Decker:
Mrsphyno, take the 's' out of the http and the image will show.
Oh ur an angel embarassed thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Tallesty1(m): 8:35am On Jan 06, 2016
MrsPhyno:

Oh ur an angel embarassed thank you
There's no angel on earthtongue

You list is incomplete without Airforce1.

God revealed to me that his soon is now.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by TheRealAdonye(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2016
Falz's album last year was impressive.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by KimBerlyie: 9:19am On Jan 06, 2016
Can't wait for my baby's album, kiss Daniel smiley
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by kinglekan: 9:37am On Jan 06, 2016
KimBerlyie:
Can't wait for my baby's album, kiss Daniel smiley

See this wan oooo, Baby ko, Pikin ni. undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by KimBerlyie: 9:39am On Jan 06, 2016
kinglekan:

See this wan oooo, Baby ko, Pikin ni. undecided

Who is this one? undecided where u dere wen he was calling me baby? Abi is he ur baby?

4 Likes

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by cassyrooy(m): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2016
LIL KESH make songs that deserve award so you can win not like 'Skiborobo' grin grin
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by kinglekan: 9:51am On Jan 06, 2016
KimBerlyie:

Who is this one? undecided where u dere wen he was calling me baby? Abi is he ur baby?

If i load u with slap u go know who i be. undecided

That's how u would be famzing celebs upandan.

Alai lo ju ti omo. undecided

1 Like

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by KimBerlyie: 10:09am On Jan 06, 2016
kinglekan:

If i load u with slap u go know who i be. undecided

That's how u would be famzing celebs upandan.

Alai lo ju ti omo. undecided

undecided undecided undecided taah! Mechionu gi dere!!! Did I appear in ur dream today to stab u or smtn? Lekan don't start with me today ooohh angry
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by simplemach(m): 10:43am On Jan 06, 2016
And if u dont see the albums....
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 06, 2016
Gbesere oooooo
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by luxflowz(m): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2016
Kiss Daniel....
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Akosxxx(m): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2016
ADEKUNLE GOLD'S PickUp dey tear my head bajeh baje. he's surely talented, that guy get lyrics sha

5 Likes

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by CaroLyner(f): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2016
am not anticipating any of the above

4 Likes

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by johnshagb(m): 10:47am On Jan 06, 2016
What about Airforce1?

1 Like

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Fussbot: 10:47am On Jan 06, 2016
Adekunle gold all the way
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by yemoxyl(m): 10:47am On Jan 06, 2016
Am anticipating only lilkesh album

Listening to* is it because i love you*

1 Like

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Donbabajay12(m): 10:47am On Jan 06, 2016
O
MrsPhyno:
2015 was a good year for the music industry. We had some amazing singles (God bless Simi!!), some iconic dance moves (oya shakiti bobo) and even some endtime beef (una already know na grin)
However outside of Eyan Mayweather, the albums dropped last year were largely unimpressive.
We gotta hope for better this new year so here are the Top 5 Most Anticipated Albums of 2016

5) Chidinma : Miss Kedike has made an evolution from her "cute little Igbo village girl" image to a very cool gangsta, Flavour's 3rd baby mama-like chick. grin We love her, and her amazing voice either way. Can't wait to hear her next album

[img]http://4.bp..com/-OVrJwXMfTto/Vfhwkp4FcBI/AAAAAAAAJZM/dAOW5nv4hns/s640/chidinmaekile.JPG[/img]

4) Lil Kesh : This guy was the main subject of the Headies beef...... He stole the spotlight in Ladi and his voice is this addictive cross between catchy and irritating grin Can't wait to hear his album and we jus pray it doesn't end up like 14 different types of Shoki remixes

3) Banky W : Almost cried when Wizkid left the label grin but this guy has been doing pretty well for himself since then. The Yes/No crooner has been working on his album for over a year and we can't wait to hear it

2) Kiss Daniel : Basically this kid should just keep doing what he's doing. Raba, Woju, Molue, Laye.... His voice is unique and lovely; whatever happened at the Headies...... grin We don't know, either way we can't wait to hear an album from this rookie

DRUMROLL PLEASE

1) Phyno : This may not be 2014, but Baba Obago is still the man of the year. With his almost universal appeal and his double skills as a hit producer and also one of the best rappers in the nation..... Basically can't bloody wait for his album to drop; even just as good as his first one, we are all blessed grin

cc: lalasticlala airmark
I may be sliiiightly biased btw grin credit to all the artists
Add yours please embarassed
Op where did u put wizkid Album that got collaboration with international artist like ..drake, Treyz song, rkelly,.......Den our living legend 2baba

4 Likes

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by jamex93(m): 10:48am On Jan 06, 2016
kesh !!

I no fit wait for your album jor
still flexing ibele
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by ShakurM(m): 10:48am On Jan 06, 2016
[size=13pt]Only anticipating Carter 5! undecided [/size]

1 Like

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by daamazing(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2016
highly anticipated songs-olamide and don j diss tracks.
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Kk4(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2016
The only album I'm anticipating this year is....
J COLE & KENDRICK LAMAR joint album.. Shikena

4 Likes

Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 06, 2016

End time anticipation..

End time anonymous lil kesh

End time fans
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by udemejack(m): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2016
Airf0rce1 album nk0r?
Re: Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 by Koolking(m): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2016
I consciously came here expecting to see Interesting songs albums. The listed peeps are they really musicians or noise makers? Nigerians are wasting precious time pretending that there's music in Nigeria. That era had far gone

Op, the way I see the list, should have been "most highly anticipated noises in 2016"

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[lyrics] Barry Jhay - Ayo Ni Temi | @barryjhay / Davido, Wizkid, Simi Bag AFRIMA Awards 2018 Nominations (see Full List) / Apala Music - Musiliu Haruna Ishola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.