Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. (1454 Views)

I Built An Application That Allows You Marry Your Celebrity Crush Online / I Need An Application That Would Help Me Show An Hidden Number / Cost Of Developing An Application Like Youtube In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by omotogoodo(m): 9:07am On Jan 06, 2016
Hello house
I need someone to develop a software with a good GUI that can monitor network traffic.

Its an assignment and time-bound.

If you can handle it, pls send me a mail headymoo@gmail.com.

Thanks
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2016
Download the source code , create an new c# Project and import it to vs . Debug the codes and add the some cool stuff . www.codeproject.com/Articles/2470/TrafficWatcher

cool

1 Like

Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by guru01(m): 9:24am On Jan 06, 2016
Furnish me with more details.
Josiahaccounts@gmail.com

1 Share

Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by omotogoodo(m): 9:28am On Jan 06, 2016
Thanks a lot bro.

I'm a newbie in programming sha.

Though I know HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

Pls what's vs.?

proxy20:
Download the source code and import it to vs . Debug the codes and add the some cool stuff . www.codeproject.com/Articles/2470/TrafficWatcher
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by Fulaman198(m): 9:29am On Jan 06, 2016
Have you ever heard of Wireshark?

www.wireshark.org
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 06, 2016
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by omotogoodo(m): 9:34am On Jan 06, 2016
Boss thanks for coming around but the thing is, I'm to develop a new application to be evaluated.

Fulaman198:
Have you ever heard of Wireshark?

www.wireshark.org

2 Likes

Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by vicsrael: 9:52am On Jan 06, 2016
omotogoodo:
Hello house
I need someone to develop a software with a good GUI that can monitor network traffic.

Its an assignment and time-bound.

If you can handle it, pls send me a mail headymoo@gmail.com.

Thanks
i can do that call me or whatsapp on 08130687861 so we can talk better
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by Fulaman198(m): 10:27am On Jan 06, 2016
omotogoodo:

Boss thanks for coming around but the thing is, I'm to develop a new application to be evaluated.

I guess the question should be how would one design a GUI-based version of TCPDUMP.
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by kudaisi(m): 10:40am On Jan 06, 2016
Your best bet is to go with proxy20's advise and use the code as is....considering you don't want to code at all.
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by kudaisi(m): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2016
Fulaman198:

I guess the question should be how would one design a GUI-based version of TCPDUMP.
TCPDUMP is for Unix, I assume the originator most likely requires a windows app considering he has zero knowledge of programming.
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by Fulaman198(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
kudaisi:

TCPDUMP is for Unix, I assume the originator most likely requires a windows app considering he has zero knowledge of programming.

Whether it's for UNIX, GNU, or Windows, it doesn't matter. Yes it's a command line programme/tool for a UNIX and GNU/Linux, however the important thing was how the programme was written, not what O.S. has it naturally... A programming language used to develop these applications is practically the same on GNU and Windows.
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by baba11(m): 1:30am On Jan 07, 2016
Fulaman198:

Whether it's for UNIX, GNU, or Windows, it doesn't matter. Yes it's a command line programme/tool for a UNIX and GNU/Linux, however the important thing was how the programme was written, not what O.S. has it naturally... A programming language used to develop these applications is practically the same on GNU and Windows.
Netflow v9

1 Like

Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by kudaisi(m): 8:52am On Jan 07, 2016
Fulaman198:

I'm lost bro. You want the man to go through the TCPDUMP source code to learn "how the programme was written"....which according to you is the important thing for someone who said he does not have prior programming experience....okay.
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 07, 2016
I didn't want to get involved but maybe I could help here

Why not look for the particular function that handles network traffic, hook it and send the logs to a text file? You can use a detour to do such.

The function to hook is pcap.

pcap_t *pcap_open_live(char *device, int snaplen, int promisc, int to_ms,
char *ebuf)

Libminhook, Microsoft detours, and other detours in c/c++ or Pascal could get the job done.

You can read further from here

http://www.tcpdump.org/pcap.html
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by Fulaman198(m): 9:02am On Jan 07, 2016
kudaisi:

I'm lost bro. You want the man to go through the TCPDUMP source code to learn "how the programme was written"....which according to you his the important thing for someone who said he does not have prior programming experience....okay.

Ok, I'm sorry I did not read his original post well. I just jumped in and said stuff without reading his statements regarding his programming background.
Re: An Application That Monitors Network Traffic. by Fulaman198(m): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2016
baba11:

Netflow v9

yah

(1) (Reply)

Join Android App Testers Whatapp Group / Teach Me Programming With Phone Plzzzz! / Bad Languages Require Ides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.