Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,783 members, 7,802,427 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari (11849 Views)

Egbesu : Return My Symbol Of Authority, Tompolo Begs Buhari / Rivers Rerun: 3 Fake Soldiers Arrested By Nigerian Military In Bori - Photos / War Against BokoHaram: Rare Images Of Attacks And Soldiers Hunting Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by neolboy(m): 10:00am On Jan 06, 2016
A former minister of Education and leader of the Bring Back Our Girls group, Dr. Obiageli Ezekwesili, has asked Nigerians to appeal to President Muhammadu Buhari to get pardon the soldiers arrested for mutiny in the fight against Boko Haram.

Delivering a keynote address titled: “A caring society grows faster and better,” at the launch of the Bunmi Adedayo Foundation on Tuesday in Lagos, Ezekwesili said the soldiers were wrongly punished for refusing to fight the insurgency ill-equipped, considering that some former public officials shared the money meant to equip the army and the diversion of the funds was a demonstration of how political leaders and citizens exhibit ‘I don’t care’ attitude towards governance.

She said: “The exemplification of a society of ‘I don’t care’ could not have been worse in manifestation than recent revelations that while the tragedy went on in the Northeast, those responsible for governance sat around the table, watched citizens being taken out by the bunions of terror and felt comfortable to share the resources meant to equip the fighting soldiers and then turned around and said to those among the soldiers that refused to be sent on a suicide mission that they deserved to die.

“How else can you define ‘I don’t care’? I hope you will join me in telling the President of our country that those soldiers don’t deserve to die. Our President must use the prerogative of mercy that the constitution gives him to waive any kind of charges against those ones, we are not saying all soldiers, because some may have misbehaved in the course of this war.

“But we are saying that it is reprehensible that our society will degenerate to the level where leaders, who as are found in these other societies, stay awake worried about the challenges of their citizens, in our own case, stayed awake sharing the resources, meant to protect the territory and the people.”

source:www.nigerianmonitor.com/2016/01/06/pardon-convicted-soldiers-ezekwesili-begs-buhari/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by fistonati(m): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2016
God, pardon me of all my sins and Glorify me, send helpers to me from all angles and let me be d tool to influence and upgrade others

18 Likes

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 06, 2016
Good

Dansuki caused their ordeal may dasuki never see nor no peace .pmb pls pardon them.

Lalasticlala

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by kamair237(m): 10:09am On Jan 06, 2016
This woman has been missing in action....
She is seeking relevance by making such statements.....
I don't think it is her call though what does she know bout d military .....

5 Likes

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by onosprince(m): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2016
What a waste of beg grin why not beg him to bring back our girls, abi no be dat campaign make u blow grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by shachris02: 11:31am On Jan 06, 2016
Dasuki should take their place

3 Likes

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by balash(m): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2016
Sincerely we need to help this soldiers, they knew the arms given to them to go fight the insurgents are not anywhere near what those ones are using and you still want them to go, is that not plain suicide?

Would u break bottle to stab a man holding a gun?

We need one voice for them, they can be anyone of us relatives! They need help

#SaveourSoldiers

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by alienvirus: 11:32am On Jan 06, 2016
They should be allowed to go. Dasuki should stand in for their trial. Any trial that has to do with mutiny should be directed to Dasuki.

Why? He caused it.

1 Like

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by CR77(f): 11:32am On Jan 06, 2016
fistonati:
God, pardon me of all my sins and Glorify me, send helpers to me from all angles and let me be d tool to influence and upgrade others
Waiting this one dey talk self
Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by Banter1(m): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2016
Dasuki, Dokpesi, Bafarawa, Anenih, Diezani, Bode george, yuguda, FFK, Metu, Fayose, GEJ, Sambo, Saraki, Mama peace, Obanikoro, General momoh, etc..... should take their place.

6 Likes

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by allanphash7(m): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2016
Noted

Dasuki is to be blame
Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by seedorfg(m): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2016
replace them with dasuki&co.gate limited
Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by calliope(f): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2016
nan1:
i really hope they free them dasuki shoul take their place
:
Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by Owliver(m): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2016
big mouth
Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by chesterlee(m): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2016
Thought she planned to quit from every social media platform this year?

Madam Obasanjo!

2 Likes

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 06, 2016
Pardon them but destroy Nnamdi kanu. cool
Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by lightheart(m): 11:36am On Jan 06, 2016
kamair237:

She knows not 'bout the military, yeah...but she got common sense and she just made a lot of it in the pardon appeal.
So let's help her beg the President. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by URCHMAN70(m): 11:36am On Jan 06, 2016
Let's pray maybe he can be touched by God to pardon them
Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by Enes22(m): 11:37am On Jan 06, 2016
kamair237:

I don't know y some persons can not just apply common sense, anyway no sense is common but kamair237 need some senses caause if was 2 be in the military at that time , he will b d 1st 2 run or probabaly go on exil!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by Bobnotrouble: 11:38am On Jan 06, 2016
Absolute truth.
May PMB heed your advice.
You're a true Nationalist.
May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by ndaman25: 11:38am On Jan 06, 2016
Dansuki is d cause of Mutiny....so Dnt free him

1 Like

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by shammah1(m): 11:41am On Jan 06, 2016
Not just a former minister but also a former #BringBackOurGirls advocate. Let me ask you man, has our girls been found?

Bubu, free the innocent soldiers & do the needful to the evil ones.
Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by phemmie06(m): 11:42am On Jan 06, 2016
How many lifes is the past government has sent to early grave indirectly. It was not there fault no weapons. There weapons had turned into eagles and flew away into some prominent account as cash

1 Like

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by donodion(m): 11:42am On Jan 06, 2016
neolboy:
A former minister of Education and leader of the Bring Back Our Girls group, Dr. Obiageli Ezekwesili, has asked Nigerians to appeal to President Muhammadu Buhari to get pardon the soldiers arrested for mutiny in the fight against Boko Haram.

Delivering a keynote address titled: “A caring society grows faster and better,” at the launch of the Bunmi Adedayo Foundation on Tuesday in Lagos, Ezekwesili said the soldiers were wrongly punished for refusing to fight the insurgency ill-equipped, considering that some former public officials shared the money meant to equip the army and the diversion of the funds was a demonstration of how political leaders and citizens exhibit ‘I don’t care’ attitude towards governance.

She said: “The exemplification of a society of ‘I don’t care’ could not have been worse in manifestation than recent revelations that while the tragedy went on in the Northeast, those responsible for governance sat around the table, watched citizens being taken out by the bunions of terror and felt comfortable to share the resources meant to equip the fighting soldiers and then turned around and said to those among the soldiers that refused to be sent on a suicide mission that they deserved to die.

“How else can you define ‘I don’t care’? I hope you will join me in telling the President of our country that those soldiers don’t deserve to die. Our President must use the prerogative of mercy that the constitution gives him to waive any kind of charges against those ones, we are not saying all soldiers, because some may have misbehaved in the course of this war.

“But we are saying that it is reprehensible that our society will degenerate to the level where leaders, who as are found in these other societies, stay awake worried about the challenges of their citizens, in our own case, stayed awake sharing the resources, meant to protect the territory and the people.”

source:www.nigerianmonitor.com/2016/01/06/pardon-convicted-soldiers-ezekwesili-begs-buhari/

I support this plea. PMB please Save and release our soldiers.

2 Likes

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by sammyj: 11:43am On Jan 06, 2016
I support madam on this one!! wink

2 Likes

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by IVORY2009(m): 11:44am On Jan 06, 2016
Firing squard awaits dem, frm the commander in chief
Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by morbeta(m): 11:45am On Jan 06, 2016
Makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by nan1: 11:45am On Jan 06, 2016
i really hope they free them dasuki shoul take their place

1 Like

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by Soreza(m): 11:48am On Jan 06, 2016
THIS WOMAN OWN DON TOO MUCH,TOO MUCH SEEKING ATTENTION WETIN CONCERN AM

1 Like

Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by kelvyn7: 11:48am On Jan 06, 2016
shocked
Re: Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari by PBundles(m): 11:49am On Jan 06, 2016
They should be pardoned. Their only offense was refusal to fight with NO ARMS. They said they were not well equipped to fight BH who had stronger fire power. You and i know that would have been suicidal. Would you ask any Nigerian team to play REAL Madrid or Barcelona without cleats, come on guys!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Laws Should Not Restrict Freedom Of Worship- Osinbajo / Osun Workers Declare Warning Strike / PDP Yet To Explain The Irresponsible Expenditure Of 1999 To 2014 —buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.