Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business (2265 Views)

Aishah Ahmad: Profile Of The CBN Deputy Governor / Explaining The New Bank Charges, Lending And Deposit Rates Announced By The CBN / Skye Bank Management Takedown By The CBN: The Inside Story - Naijapromoter.com (2) (3) (4)

Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by tojos(m): 12:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
Guys, I urgently need your help. The recent CBN ban on ATM transactions abroad has seriously affected my forex trading business so much so that I cannot fund my account with my debit card anymore.
Few days to christmas, I withdrew an amount of money from my account to enable me celebrate the yuletide season leaving behind a little amount that I intend to refund after the holiday. But, this latest CBN Policy has made it impossible for me to fund my account.
Pls, I earnestly seek your advice on how to go about this. Better still, is there anybody that can assist in funding my account while I pay the person in naira. Thank you
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
I thought there was no ban but the amount to spend is restricted
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by tojos(m): 12:02am On Jan 07, 2016
intbizoil:
I thought there
was no ban but the amount to spend is restricted

I called my bank yesterday to find out why my online debit card transaction was denied but I was told they were given directive to suspend all foreign debit transactions which include debit card transactions which is the reason why I created this topic.
Pls anybody with useful suggestion on this matter is welcomed
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by eezor: 7:39am On Jan 07, 2016
Which is ur bank? I use access visa card. Daily limit of 100$ though

Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by Najwal: 8:15am On Jan 07, 2016
Hello house, please has anyone being able to use their card for online transaction? Thanks
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by ezzyfx(m): 10:22am On Jan 07, 2016
Yes use UBA prepaid visa card. But remember you must open a savings account with them first. Then apply for a " visa prepaid card."
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by tojos(m): 11:05am On Jan 07, 2016
eezor:
Which is ur bank? I use access visa card. Daily limit of 100$ though

Did you use your card recently and how did you fund your account?
I've used access visa card until they recently restricted customers from making dollar deposits unless it is by transfer. So, I abandon the card and got a UBA Visa Classic Debit Card domiciled in naira which I had been using until this problem started. Right now, I'm disabled from using the card for paying in dollars abroad via online
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by fxstory(m): 11:13am On Jan 07, 2016
this is getting serious
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by philip7: 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
Transfer via Paypal is available at good rate for your international payments.

Tested, Trusted, Reliable and GUARANTEED

Philip2biz@gmail.com
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by samtobi(m): 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
Seconded! Using paypal is nice Or use bitcoin if your forex platform accept bitcoin.
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by kaykad: 3:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
Dont think so because i transferred money to someone in the US using paypal and the charges was so disturbing 150 dollars was 31,685 + Fees 12,186= 43,871 in Naira equivalent
philip7:
Transfer via Paypal is available at good rate for your international payments.

Tested, Trusted, Reliable and GUARANTEED

Philip2biz@gmail.com
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by kaykad: 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
Dear Nairaland Members,

How do one transfer money to someone in the US with less charges, just did pay pal and the amount was so disturbing 150 dollars was 31,685 + Fees 12,186= 43,871 in Naira equivalent
samtobi:
Seconded! Using paypal is nice Or use bitcoin if your forex platform accept bitcoin.
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by tojos(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pls anyone with useful suggestion should come forth and help a brother out. CBN is trying to mess up my only source of livelihood
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by optionsxpert1: 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
tojos:
Pls anyone with useful suggestion should come forth and help a brother out. CBN is trying to mess up my only source of livelihood

E-currency is the best option for you. We have reputable agents around. I want to believe your broker use ecurrency like pm, bitcoin, STP, okpay.
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by Ganjafama(m): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
There are other payment methods. Check if ur broker accepts neteller. Neteller is very reliable.
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by samtobi(m): 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
kaykad:
Dear Nairaland Members,

How do one transfer money to someone in the US with less charges, just did pay pal and the amount was so disturbing 150 dollars was 31,685 + Fees 12,186= 43,871 in Naira equivalent
one of the major reasons for the high rate is due to the continues disparity btw naira to dollar and it restriction. The best optn rite nw is tru exchanges houses-we have reputable ones here on nairaland. All you jst nid is to open a perfectmoney acount, and d person u'r sendy to, shud also do dsame, and the d exchanger sends d money into ur pm act, whch u later snd to ur d other party. Or the exchangers can send d money directly to ur frnd acct after givn dm his dtails. This also applies to using bitcoin.
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by capspeter: 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
kaykad:
Dear Nairaland Members,

Bros please explain better.
How come paypal charged you so much fee.
I know paypal fee to be between 3.5%-4.4% of the amount your sending, dependent on the country.

Anyway, if you need paypal fund or send money to your supplier, you can check my signature, I will do that at a good rate
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by godoluwa(m): 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ganjafama:
There are other payment methods. Check if ur broker accepts neteller. Neteller is very reliable.
neteller is now shiit
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by Ganjafama(m): 3:23am On Jan 08, 2016
godoluwa:
neteller is now shiit
Pls throw more light on this.
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by godoluwa(m): 8:14am On Jan 08, 2016
Ganjafama:
Pls throw more light on this.
lots of irregularities about their service. Go to facebook & search NETELLER to see loads of bad comment about their services.
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by kaykad: 8:38am On Jan 08, 2016
Have already explained it Bro, for more explanation, i opened a paypal account with my uba debit card, got the receiver email address, money sent and i got a debit alert of the amount stated. how real are you cos i no dey trust person like dat. i need to see you face to face if we need to do business.
capspeter:

Bros please explain better.
How come paypal charged you so much fee.
I know paypal fee to be between 3.5%-4.4% of the amount your sending, dependent on the country.

Anyway, if you need paypal fund or send money to your supplier, you can check my signature, I will do that at a good rate
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by capspeter: 11:06am On Jan 08, 2016
kaykad:
Have already explained it Bro, for more explanation, i opened a paypal account with my uba debit card, got the receiver email address, money sent and i got a debit alert of the amount stated. how real are you cos i no dey trust person like dat. i need to see you face to face if we need to do business.
I understand bro. This is naija.
If your in Lagos we can always meet up.
My contact is @my signature.
You can also check out my thread on the paypal payment.
https://www.nairaland.com/2848314/700usd-paypal-fund-n235-sold
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by mohlanforex: 11:30am On Jan 08, 2016
I Am A Forex Trader Too, Here Is A Way Out. Open Forex Naira Account Then Deposit To Your Naira Account And Transfer It To Your Dollar Account That Is Simple.
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by capspeter: 12:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
mohlanforex:
I Am A Forex Trader Too, Here Is A Way Out. Open Forex Naira Account Then Deposit To Your Naira Account And Transfer It To Your Dollar Account That Is Simple.
That's nice, but at what exchange rate will they credit your forex account?
Maybe it's time to revive my forex account back
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
mohlanforex:

which one is forex naira account? do you open that with your bank or broker?
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by smartdebiz(m): 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
Who is your broker? Well, for brokers like InstaForex, you don't have any problem. Register with them: www.instaforex.com?x=FTDL
You can fund with Bitcoin or via the local partners at the cheapest rates. Checkout this their local partner: www.instafxng.com.
Happy Trading!
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by tojos(m): 9:36pm On Jan 09, 2016
mohlanforex:

Where can one open this Forex Naira account in Nigeria? Never heard of it before. Anyway, if its possible I won't mind to open one no matter the exchange rate.
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by frankzone: 10:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
kaykad:
Dear Nairaland Members,

I can help you send through moneygram if the person is a legal resident
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by frankzone: 10:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
kaykad:
Dear Nairaland Members,

I can help you send through moneygram if the person is a legal resident.
Re: Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business by mohlanforex: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2016
i did it at exness forex broker www.exness.com open naira and dollar account, make deposit to your naira account and transfer it to your dollar account and start trading.

Dear Superglue Users/ Buyers Beware!!!! / I'm Looking For The MT103/202 Sender. / Marquee Tent For Event And Parties For Sale