Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,748 members, 7,806,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise (31874 Views)

Apply For Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) Graduate Trainees Programme 2018 / How A Company Put Me Through An Annoying Recruiting Process Just For Their Job / Beware Of Fake Foreign Agencies That Promise Work Abroad. Disturbing Photos/Vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Onyejemechimere(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
Back on the 29th of November, 2013, when Tobi was still an undergraduate, he said something nice about GTB and he was promised a job upon graduation, as a way of appreciation. Fast forward to
2016, Tobi dug up the tweet and reminded them of their promise, after his many unsuccessful attempts to apply via their career page. His tweet has gone viral with many people calling on GTB to make good their promise to him…… even if he finished wt a strong 3rd Class……

http://otownloaded.com/after-three-yearsboy-reminds-gtb-on-their-promise-of-job-after-school/

cc: lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by zodo2rule: 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
That is not a job promise. He was only asked to apply for a job upon graduation.

226 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by temmy6996(m): 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
....apply with us n not we'll give u a job

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Gtbank please keep to your promise Dont be like politicians that promise and fail

Cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Driftingking(m): 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
temmy6996:
....apply with us n not we'll give u a job
at least not everybody was told to apply kiss

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by LaurelP(m): 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
I don't see where he was promised a job there. He was only told to apply.

The guy go Don dey jump up say him Don get job.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Dahveydson(m): 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
There's a difference between promising someone a job and telling the person to apply for a job.

11 Likes

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by domido(m): 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hahaha!!! Gtb and d guy dey folo each oda like sugar and ant.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by yorex2011: 4:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
Be like say una no understand english

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by looseweight: 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
When sanusi said most Nigerian graduates are not employable, most people called for his head.

Can you imagine the title of this thread and the content?

The moderator that brought this to the FP ought to have edited the title.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by expertman(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Haaaaaa why is he sounding like a superstar he wasn't promised any job here they only told him to apply.

There is more to the story am sure he only ask them how he can apply for a job .

In response to his question he was given step by step instructions on how to apply and not that he was guaranteed of any placement.

Tobi I will advice you to start a small scale business just as I started some years back after tired of labour market.

Today I own a house and car of my own.

Start some where and leave GTB Alone.

As you have no connection to their board of trustees.

I wish you well in life.

Enjoy

13 Likes

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by etcme(m): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
The applier and the applyee are in a long thing. Abeg law of contract have nothing to do with these. But there is no harm in trying sha.
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mr man abeg leave trash for lawma!

-CramJones

5 Likes

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by kachnov(m): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
apply and promise ,difference is like Night and day.

1 Like

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by RoyalBoutique(m): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
Naija, una too dey misinterpret
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Wolfbrother(m): 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2016

5 Likes

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
You never forget that one? You go wait till eternity ooo

1 Like

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Lilimax(f): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
May God bless his hustle smiley

1 Like

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lol. Folks are not smiling. Nigerian economy is not for a dull mind
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by izikjon(m): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
LaurelP:
I don't see where he was promised a job there. He was only told to apply.

The guy go Don dey jump up say him Don get job.
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by slyng(m): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Front page? What a fvck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by niggi4life(m): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
The guy is so dumb, no wonder he finished with a 3rd class becos I can't see where he was promised a job, he was only advised to visit the career page on the site to drop his c.v, which am sure they must have told thousands of graduates too.

1 Like

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by gurunlocker: 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
that's no promise. .
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by CoCoLav(f): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
He wasn't promised a job
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by chumaster(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
What job scarcity has caused cry
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Adeevah(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
#keeptrying

#dreamon
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by CaroLyner(f): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
zodo2rule:
That is not a job promise. He was only asked to apply for a job upon graduation.
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Whobedatte(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
When u no b fola adeola pikin, how Gtb go promise u a job, say weytin? sad

1 Like

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by bisdam9086(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
Good luck.
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by orledaj(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
Passing by...
Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
1, I like corporate organizations that engage in personalized interactions with people (customers, etc). GTB is doing a good job of this, as I also once resolved an issue with GTB via twitter.

2, The guy made a bold move. And I like GTB's response too. However, that is how far GTB can go. He still has to go through the process like every other person. If he doesn't meet their recruitment criteria or doesn't pass their tests/interview, this may not help much.

3, The person in charge of GTB twitter is likely a young, lower level officer who likely doesn't have the power to hire.

6 Likes

Re: 3 Years On, Boy Reminds GTB Of Their Job Promise by ttemmi(m): 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
H

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gnld Don Finally Catch Me. / AIICO INSURANCE PLC is currently recruiting B.SC,HND,OND AND SSCE holders. / Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.