Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,752 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) (72453 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Visits Abuja Market (Photos) / Lagos Demolishes 84 Gated Streets / Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by obailala(m): 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
Why is it always the same old story all the time?... The government claims they issued eviction notices, the traders claim they never saw any notice and then the government comes in the middle of the night to demolish. This trend is too common in Nigeria but who is really to blame undecided

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by iamsegsy(m): 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
omonnakoda:
I think Onitsha Market is there it i the largest in the Milky Way and can accommodate them
hmm I see cool
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by maktao75: 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
dis is sad but ok if the govt act within the law.

dear fellow nairalander,I want to use this medium to appeal to the authority of nigeria immigration service to replace the entire contigent of batch 8 of its officers(JTF) currently in maiduguri borno state because the batch8 have overstayed beyond the 6months(they have spent 9months) they are suppose to stay and all the officers are not adequately cared for by army authority(7 division nigerian army) in maiduguri borno state.this crop of officers of nigeria immigration service did their best to their fatherland and they need to be reunited with their loved ones. pls share this important information.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by omonnakoda: 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
iamsegsy:
hmm I see cool
Ah Onitsha market is so great they sell aircraft carriers and drones to NATO

6 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by oglalasioux(m): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
Give Nigerians 10 years notice. They'll think you are joking. The only enforcement Nigeria understands is brutality. That's why it's only past dictators that can handle this country.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by kelvinovie(m): 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
honortee:
I don't believe d story that d Lagos state government did not give a notice of deadline for vacation from the market before the government embarked on this demolition. We should be reasonable in drawing conclusions. How will a Democratic government just wake up one day n just decides to sink d means of livelihood of d people that it's governing.
And if the Democratic government does otherwise, what will you do? I guess go to court where the Rule of Law will not be obeyed or shout..........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by obie206(m): 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
As much as I detest ofe mmanu peeps and their claim to Lagos (which was developed with biafra oil and igbo initiative), I personally know that more than enough notice was given in this case!

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by croom(f): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
shocked
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Charles4075(m): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
missyadorable:
That is very good!

Igbos should go back to the East and set up their businesses and leave Lagos alone after all,its in zoo nation

Expecting more demolition.

Biafra people
Ahh :- :- you harsh ohh. Calm down sis.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by BumbleDevil: 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
xtrorp:
“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” - Jessica Brody

In Lagos under 'One Nigeria' there seem to exist a silent economic war of destruction of livelihood, burning of markets in the middle of the night, extortion and harassment of genuine businesses by official area boys and street urchins, illegal/multiple taxing of business owners, in markets where Igbos operate e.g. Tejuoso, Alaba International and Ladipo. And now Oshodi electrical & electronic market.

Many of these attracious deeds are conducted at odd times when the traders won't be available to resist the dastardly acts.

Over the decades in the South-West, the Yorubas have systematically burnt Igbo shops as a guise to hijacking the markets from Igbos.

https://www.nairaland.com/2618835/hoodlums-shut-down-alaba-international

Prior to the 2015 general elections, amidst the threat by the lagoon crooner to drown Igbos, 18 Chisco transport buses were criminally burnt down in Lagos and up till date nothing was done to bring the culprits to book.

What does 'One Nigeria' mean?
A deceit where you are empowered to share my crude oil and wealth as 'One Nigeria' while I am considered a migrant to your State whom you're just merely accommodating and may perish in the lagoon at your command.

It is a chaotic situation where the Oba of a place would invite the representative of a people for discussion in his palace as regards a market leadership dispute only to set an ambush for him and unleash hundreds of thugs to flog and disgrace him.

It is an unjust situation where you're licensed to use foul means to destroy my business in your State with outrageous taxes. You can close my business premises at will while your elites continue to shout 'One Nigeria' to cover up the evils and injustices prevalent in the land. And you still expect me to be docile and continue to suffer silently as your hate and envy for my progress soar high.

Now, do you have any case for unity - fake or imaginary?

If you have there would no need fooling and playing to the gallery and shouting 'One Nigeria'. Or have you ever heard 'One Great Britain', 'One United States of America', 'One Germany'?
That shows that something is fundamentally wrong which many have been shying away from.

Is it a crime for any person/group to choose to opt out of a relationship?

Strange bedfellows, with irreconcilable value systems that are at best suitable for the individual selves, are not meant to be together! The 102 years of existence attest to that verdict!

Victor Hugo once said "no army can stop an idea whose time has come" and that "one can resist the invasion of armies but not the invasion of ideas". 

Another senseless post from a chest beater.

12 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
If this guyz become pickpockets or kidnappers this same government will say why can't they go and look for legitimate jobs to do.Now that they are doing a legitimate business the apc govt is destroying their businesses.There is a space of unoccupied land just beside that market if govt truly claim they want to use the demolished market for brt parking space.Tinubu and apc have not forgiven the ibos for not voting for apc governorship candidate in 2015 election.

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by raumdeuter: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Well done Ambode

next Ladipo, Alaba, computer village and Aspamda

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by coulisse: 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
I pity those that have goods in their shop how will they survive in these hard economy.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Horlawale1(m): 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
Consequence of akidi-Ibo lipsrsealed

Very sad though, but wen there is life there is Hope
Struggle continues
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ijaya123:
We Nigerians are very difficult people to manage. Give them 10 years notice, they will still claim it is not enough.
Put yourself in their shoes.If a landlord give you a quit notice,will you park out if you have not found another apartment? Be sincere.However,i don't believe they were informed before the demolition took place.Otherwise,they wouldn't have traveled for the Christmas holiday.Is this the lagoon oba of lagos said he would threw ibos into if they didn't vote for Ambode?This is not democracy.
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by xtrorp: 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
BumbleDevil:

Another senseless post from a chest beater.

Silly rants of a deluded and confused bigot!

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by chinnysuggie: 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
ambode following d food steps of fashola

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by free2ryhme: 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
xtrorp:
“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” - Jessica Brody

In Lagos under 'One Nigeria' there seem to exist a silent economic war of destruction of livelihood, burning of markets in the middle of the night, extortion and harassment of genuine businesses by official area boys and street urchins, illegal/multiple taxing of business owners, in markets where Igbos operate e.g. Tejuoso, Alaba International and Ladipo. And now Oshodi electrical & electronic market.

Many of these attracious deeds are conducted at odd times when the traders won't be available to resist the dastardly acts.

Over the decades in the South-West, the Yorubas have systematically burnt Igbo shops as a guise to hijacking the markets from Igbos.

Prior to the 2015 general elections, amidst the threat by the lagoon crooner to drown Igbos, 18 Chisco transport buses were criminally burnt down in Lagos and up till date nothing was done to bring the culprits to book.

A deceit where you are empowered to share my crude oil and wealth as 'One Nigeria' while I am considered a migrant to your State whom you're just merely accommodating and may perish in the lagoon at your command.

It is a chaotic situation where the Oba of a place would invite the representative of a people for discussion in his palace as regards a market leadership dispute only to set an ambush for him and unleash hundreds of thugs to flog and disgrace him.

It is an unjust situation where you're licensed to use foul means to destroy my business in your State with outrageous taxes. You can close my business premises at will while your elites continue to shout 'One Nigeria' to cover up the evils and injustices prevalent in the land. And you still expect me to be docile and continue to suffer silently as your hate and envy for my progress soar high.

If you have there would no need fooling and playing to the gallery and shouting 'One Nigeria'. Or have you ever heard 'One Great Britain', 'One United States of America', 'One Germany'?
That shows that something is fundamentally wrong which many have been shying away from.

Strange bedfellows, with irreconcilable value systems that are at best suitable for the individual selves, are not meant to be together! The 102 years of existence attest to that verdict!

Victor Hugo once said "no army can stop an idea whose time has come" and that "one can resist the invasion of armies but not the invasion of ideas". 

and what is ur point to this epistle philosopher?

It is not by force to live and earn a living in lagos I don't understand why it is difficult to man up and go live in the east. are you afraid to live in the east

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by philanthropist1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
Lagos government just activated arm robbery........ they better compensate them heavily.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Ijaya123: 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
Love Machine:
Put yourself in their shoes.If a landlord give you a quit notice,will you park out when if have not found another apartment? Be sincere.However,i don't believe they were informed before the demolition took place.Otherwise,they wouldn't have traveled for the Christmas holiday.Is this the lagoon oba of lagos said he would threw ibos into if they didn't vote for Ambode?

I understand your sentiment. But the government has made provision for them close by. What has oba of Lagos got to do with this?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
Development comes with destruction. I always admire government who takes drastic steps to bring development. Development has never come from the people, rather is enforced on the people.

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by busomma: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
What exactly is ur point?
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
unstableaswater:
Very welcomed development, Ambode is working.

He must demolish all the other markets, he must not stop until the last market is demolished.

If Ambode ever stop demolishing markets, then they will bury him in the market that day.

We have told them to set up business in the East and leave Lagos.

Ambode make all of them return home. U HAVE MY SUPPORT, DEMOLISH ALL THE MARKETS.

Sebi they talk say "lagos na no man's land". I sympathize with them though

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by SpotlezDonald25(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
Wickedness @its peak
Notice or no notice

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by anyimontana(m): 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
ELTON123:
APC change

Una go enjoy the change make una no cry cheesygringrin
.am pretty sure u r a damn coward yoruba..eating ofe mmanu since 600b.c
Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Boyoorisha: 5:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
xtrorp:

Yes you are very correct, it is karma. I was duped with my friend in that same place many years ago. When you guys duped people, made unclean quick money, you never remembered there was anything like karma, now you are shouting

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
oglalasioux:
Give Nigerians 10 years notice. They'll think you are joking. The only enforcement Nigeria understands is brutality. That's why it's only past dictators that can handle this country.

you sabi. I remember when same thing happened in Abia State, the main market in Umuahia_ notice were given, the new market though not fully functional was ready. They refused to go there, that it's too far, one trader even told me that "dem no born the Governor well to demolish the market".

The day the man had enough, he refused to extend the grace period, positioned military men and brought that market down. They started crying that they weren't given notice which was all lies.

I don't like T.Orji, but that was the only good thing he did as Abia State Governor to me.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ijaya123:

I understand your sentiment. But the government has made provision for them close by. What has oba of Lagos got to do with this?
Tinubu,oba of lagos and apc have not forgiven the ibos for not voting for Ambode.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Ijaya123: 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
Love Machine:
Tinubu,oba of lagos and apc have not forgiven the ibos for not voting for Ambode.

So your conclusion is all about tribal sentiment

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) by Masterclass32: 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
I feel nothing but pity for those that lost everything in the demolition.

Come back home brothers. Re-establish yourself in the east. Whatever u lost u shall regain.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos) / Arthur Eze Registers At Gym Center, Gives Staff N1M For Breakfast / Nwulu Converts Mansion To Tennis Court, Urges Nigerians To Comply With Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.