Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc (66601 Views)

Batch B16 Pcms Share The States You Choose Here / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment / Best States You Can Be Posted To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 08, 2016
micfranklin:
lol, cuz nt
Then, I don't hate u grin
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Greycious(m): 12:22am On Jan 08, 2016
Shehucom:
I speak for Ogun state coz I served there, Abeokuta precisely, lovely environment, but the government have stopped paying as at last year, but by and large the standard of living is relatively ok, transportation isn't too expensive but the indigens could be diabolical at times, some are nice

I wish to serve in ogun A'16.
I don't need state allawee cos I will get a good paying PPA
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 08, 2016
Lasgidi

The best
The only con is accommodation and traffic.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Goldenprinz(m): 12:29am On Jan 08, 2016
kennykendo:

Both of'em no get lyt
Idemili in anambra state is also call snake kingdom......u dare nt kill snake der
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Greycious(m): 12:31am On Jan 08, 2016
Fraih:
anyone served in Niger state? Any useful info will be appreciated.
I schooled in Minna for 5 years. I must say Niger state is a very cool place to serve cos I have corper friends who even after their service, don't want to go home anymore.

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by sahm4u2nv(m): 12:32am On Jan 08, 2016
Ondo State better, Akure to be precise;I'm serving there presently,not. Too expensive, buh the state doesn't pay a dine o;tho u ll work buh u ll av time to relax. Yesteday went for shopping n met the Governor in person.
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by kennykendo(m): 12:35am On Jan 08, 2016
Goldenprinz:
Idemili in anambra state is also call snake kingdom......u dare nt kill snake der
Trust me bro I know ..my PPA na Community Secondary School Nnobi. But dey com gv us one legged boys quarters for Ideani (Idemili North) e no mk sense and na general toilets and bathroom full Nnobi my bxt betna tonfind house for Nnewi since the distance na 6mins drive.. Nnobi never see light for more than 2yrs
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by nextstep(m): 12:38am On Jan 08, 2016
winta2007:
keep it rolling, I need a state that have constant light oooo.

You wan do NYC in Durban or Johannesburg? Cuz no state in Naija fits that requirement tongue
But come to Asaba/Okpanam... life is OK and the girls are pretty

2 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Fraih(f): 12:42am On Jan 08, 2016
Greycious:

I schooled in Minna for 5 years. I must say Niger state is a very cool place to serve cos I have corper friends who even after their service, don't want to go home anymore.
Good one, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by yaso(m): 12:43am On Jan 08, 2016
nextstep:

You wan do NYC in Durban or Johannesburg? Cuz no state in Naija fits that requirement tongue
But come to Asaba/Okpanam... life is OK and the girls are pretty

Kaduna is very okay....if you are lucky and dey post you to Kad city u will enjoy it full time....Light is steady is some area and cost of living is okay for your 19800 if you stay in corpers lodge.....plus enuf babes....flexing joints and no bh. The only cons is dat after service u wouldn't like to leave the state.....I rep A16

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Fraih(f): 12:44am On Jan 08, 2016
Greycious:

I wish to serve in ogun A'16.
I don't need state allawee cos I will get a good paying PPA
Ogun state, my choice one actually.
Oya na, leggo wink
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by psalmuelwater(m): 12:46am On Jan 08, 2016
Kaduna,Enugu, and Cross river. What ur take on these states please? How dem orientation camp take be? Are the paying corpers allawee?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by oliver003: 12:46am On Jan 08, 2016
considering Abj,Enugu & Lag.iam from Benue and I school at sokoto.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by coded06(m): 12:48am On Jan 08, 2016
How about Cross river any info on that. Accommodation,light,do they pay I mean the state's
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by kepal99(m): 12:56am On Jan 08, 2016
topearos:
Yea bro, it ought to be free. But I chop money weller for MAKURDI

Boss how you take make the money Ah beg leak the secret give me
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by kepal99(m): 12:56am On Jan 08, 2016
topearos:
Yea bro, it ought to be free. But I chop money weller for MAKURDI

Boss how you take make the money Ah beg leak the secret give me
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by drchillz: 12:56am On Jan 08, 2016
Abeg guys me na Doctor ooo, na which three states for now make sense to choose for dis 2016 A youth service. states wey dey pay relatively well. Abeg my pple helep me na MSS money b d koko now ooooooo
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by jibzy90(m): 12:59am On Jan 08, 2016
If you have your way, just serve in Lagos. Forget the high cost of living, traffic and accomodation ish, tis the best for u. Iyana Ipaja camp is the best to me cos that's the only one I know and the state govt pays 15k confirmed if you work for them. Excellent chance of getting a ppa that is going to pay you above that also. Just leave am for Lagos.

I rep Lagos batch C 2014, Eti-Osa 3 LG.

3 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 08, 2016
Nairalanders abeg help me ask this guy wat is O?
Sholah96:
O

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 08, 2016
I know Medical guys are paid well in yobe. COS the HMB takes good care? But no be me send you der oooo?? OYO mi da ooo
drchillz:
Abeg guys me na Doctor ooo, na which three states for now make sense to choose for dis 2016 A youth service. states wey dey pay relatively well. Abeg my pple helep me na MSS money b d koko now ooooooo
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by thorbar(m): 1:07am On Jan 08, 2016
info on cross river abeg

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 08, 2016
Enugu is a cool place to serve. You are guaranteed to save money on transportation in der.

I once visited Enugu for an appointment. I had to enter a bus going to from Holyghost to an inner town(where innoson company is) can't remember the name. It was quite a long journey. I paid the conductor and to my surprise, the guy was giving me change. So i asked him how much for such a long journey and he told me N30. I was shocked. Wat i would pay about N200-300 here in Lagos.
Enugu is a cool place to be

12 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by ZZ22: 1:11am On Jan 08, 2016
Anambra, Enugu and Anambra...
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Lumiere91: 1:23am On Jan 08, 2016
Chibok boy high school,the no1 PPA
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Lumiere91: 1:23am On Jan 08, 2016
Chibok boys high school,the no1 PPA
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by ifabet: 1:51am On Jan 08, 2016
Ondo pay 6k and they lots of fine girls and beer to live on.... tongue
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 2:08am On Jan 08, 2016
Careful wat u wish fr...ogun z a dead place essp abeokuta
Fraih:

Ogun state, my choice one actually.
Oya na, leggo wink
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:10am On Jan 08, 2016
BABANGBALI:
will you like to serve in the Lagos state governor's office? I am not kidding

I am interested!

#No kidding
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by ninochukwubrown(m): 2:17am On Jan 08, 2016
jibzy90:
If you have your way, just serve in Lagos. Forget the high cost of living, traffic and accomodation ish, tis the best for u. Iyana Ipaja camp is the best to me cos that's the only one I know and the state govt pays 15k confirmed if you work for them. Excellent chance of getting a ppa that is going to pay you above that also. Just leave am for Lagos.

I rep Lagos batch C 2014, Eti-Osa 3 LG.
bro I hv serious interest to serve at lag..accomodation wunt b an ish, infct I hv intention to wrk in a pharmaceuticakl cmpny via ppa..hw much wud d state pay m since u sed dey pay 15k allawee...mi main aim f wanting to serve der z to b retained in d pharmaceutical cmpny after serving whc 1 hv beta chances..tnx
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by mayoor15(m): 2:40am On Jan 08, 2016
Don't pick Edo state too...from the camp you'll hate yourself, the people are hostile and unwelcoming...very aggressive especially when they find out you are a stranger worst still a corper.....The state govt don't pay, so also most employers...most villages r without network, light and water...Cost of living is generally on the high side

5 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Zane2point4(m): 4:20am On Jan 08, 2016
If ur an easter dnt even think abt kebbi state, ur transport go finish ur allowee and u go black like coal after camp.

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by queenfav(f): 4:30am On Jan 08, 2016
For those that want a place that's very peaceful,close to zero crime rate,low cost of living(cheap accomodation and food),choose ekiti.Though their NYSC officials are from hell (very strict),its a place you will enjoy.It can get boring if you are not in the state capital.You can buy a small tv and gotv to kill time.I even stayed back to start practising there.Forget about state allowance,we got only 20k out of 50k (5k monthly) we were meant to be paid upon passing out. Errrm,If you are a lawyer posted to ekiti,please flee from ministry of justice ado ekiti.3 past batches including mine were not paid a dime,neither were we given accomodation!You can remain to add it to your cv,but please get a paying firm you can practise with on the side.Its better to runs your PPA posting to the high court ado ekiti, or some firms.The high court provides free accomodation and 10k stipend monthly.
Also,never wear your khaki to market,that's equal to shooting yourself in the leg.The market women have this impression that corpers are wealthy (on top 19800 abi?lol).They dealt with me on 2 occasions till I was told about their habit of increasing the prices of their wares when selling to corpers.Don't even tell them you are a corper.If you can,please go with some household utensils,those are a bit expensive in oja oba market.In all,ekiti is not a bad place to serve.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

NYSC: My Unpaid Allowances / Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.