Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,977 members, 7,799,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? (1145 Views)

5 Powerful Reasons Why Men Die Earlier Than Women / Revealed : Poor Men Die Sooner 'due To Low Testosterone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by Ngalaba1(f): 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
People, I have been wondering why men die young. If you put 100 men and women in a place and ask them how many of them have lost their fathers juxtaposed the number of those who have lost their mothers, you are likely to get 70:30.

So help me out, aside natural trasition to glory or accidental deaths, What is killing the African or should I say Nigerian daddies of many people before age 70 I think Stress, Poor Lifestyle and eating habit, Smoking and deep alcoholism are the Major Causes.

Please add your views people, let's increase the lifespan of our daddies and hubbies and brothers. Thanks.
Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by Akkord4gov: 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmmm
You have said some paramount reasons,another is the hunger for toto
Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by Cutehector(m): 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
Because God cursed Adam dah he will toil and toil and toil till ike gwuru cheesy
Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by DebbyChris(f): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
Only God knows...

1 Like

Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
It's not really an African thing; its basically about the genetical make-up of the male sex. That's why even at birth, the rate of survival of female babies dwarfs that of their male counterparts.

And to expatiate on why I also said it's not an African thing...I've come across a number of country profiles where the life expectancy of citizens were stated. In every single one I've seen, both African and otherwise,the life expectancy of the females was higher than that of the males.

Let me say though, that the bad habits some men engage in -drinking, smoking, etc - , as well as the habit of keeping too much emotion in, may not be helping them at all. With the short end of the stick already handed over to them, one would advise them to imbibe more helpful habits, if not for anything, to give them a better chance.

As a Christian though, I'ld say that any man who believes in Jesus Christ, and accepts Him as Lord and personal saviour is above such a disadvantageous law of nature (shorter life span for men). The portion of such a man is that of exemption. I also believe and hold on to this, on behalf of all my male loved ones.

4 Likes

Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by Ngalaba1(f): 9:20am On Jan 07, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Hmmmm You have said some paramount reasons,another is the hunger for toto
OK.
Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by Ngalaba1(f): 9:20am On Jan 07, 2016
Cutehector:
Because God cursed Adam dah he will toil and toil and toil till ike gwuru cheesy
Ewoo!! Lol
Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by Ngalaba1(f): 9:23am On Jan 07, 2016
Gaborone:
It's not really an African thing; its basically about the genetical make-up of the male sex. That's why even at birth, the rate of survival of female babies dwarfs that of their male counterparts.

And to expatiate on why I also said it's not an African thing...I've come across a number of country profiles where the life expectancy of citizens were stated. In every single one I've seen, both African and otherwise,the life expectancy of the females was higher than that of the males.

Let me say though, that the bad habits some men engage in -drinking, smoking, etc - , as well as the habit of keeping too much emotion in, may not be helping them at all. With the short end of the stick already handed over to them, one would advise them to imbibe more helpful habits, if not for anything, to give them a better chance.

As a Christian though, I'ld say that any man who believes in Jesus Christ, and accepts Him as Lord and personal saviour is above such a disadvantageous law of nature (shorter life span for men). The portion of such a man is that of exemption. I also believe and hold on to this, on behalf of all my male loved ones.
Wow!!! Quite Informative. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by tpiar: 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ngalaba1:
People, I have been wondering why men die young. If you put 100 men and women in a place and ask them how many of them have lost their fathers juxtaposed the number of those who have lost their mothers, you are likely to get 70:30.

There are more widowers than widows, what is the point of your misinformation?

Guilty conscience?
Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by Ngalaba1(f): 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
More widowers? Where did you get your statistics from? I got mine from a research work. Guilty Conscience That's a low IQ question btw.
tpiar:

There are more widowers than widows, what is the point of your misinformation?

Guilty conscience?
Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by tpiah2: 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ngalaba1:
More widowers? Where did you get your statistics from? I got mine from a research work. Guilty Conscience I asked a low IQ question btw.

Yes,the statistics are: widowers outnumber widows, perhaps this is not something you know.
Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by Ngalaba1(f): 3:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
No, It is not something you know. In this part of the world there are more widows than widowers. Give me your source of information and I would share mine. You know what, just take a chill pill if you ain't got convincing points to contribute. Cheers
tpiah2:

Yes,the statistics are: widowers outnumber widows, perhaps this is not something you know.
Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by tpiah2: 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
Where are you referring to?
Re: Mortality: Why Do More Men Die Young? by Ngalaba1(f): 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ask Google my dear.
tpiah2:
Where are you referring to?

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Invented The D-box-a Major Breaktbrough In Global Healthcare! Pics / Childbirth Anxiety: advise this young husband / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.