Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:31 PM

Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others (28247 Views)

Former Herbalist Is Confronted, Renounces Fetish Practices, Surrenders To Jesus. / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? / Taiwo Gold Ayodeji Renounces Religion, Says ‘I Know I Have Disappointed Many’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by BrosPeter: 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
ok
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by arabianights: 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
costandi:
I forever thank the lord I'm a Christian, at least born to a christian home.

Yet we are all sinners. please dont paint your self that good as no one knows his/her end we can only pray.i believe they have changed right ? so its between them and God and they might end up being way better than those "born in Christian homes"

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by whitebone(m): 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ogun no dey carry last for cultism.. Another name for cultism is Ogun
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by Bigdreams(m): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
lasisi69:
no just mind them

Lasisi, where you dey since?

Free Bulk SMS Business Report
Check my signature.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by chesterlee(m): 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yoruba boys and fear....
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by franconian: 10:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Timoleon:
All they did was join a new cult....Islam or Christianity.

I concur!
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by lasisi69(f): 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
Bigdreams:

Lasisi, where you dey since?

Free Bulk SMS Business Report
Check my signature.
boss, I bin dey o... Na u who no dey come online

1 Like

Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by StepTwo: 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
lasisi69:
yeah sure what's up
so na so u big naim u jst d "end time" up and down.
if i land u eh
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by lasisi69(f): 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
StepTwo:

so na so u big naim u jst d "end time" up and down.

if i land u eh
abeg, no go do o

1 Like

Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by tuna4servi(m): 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
Go and sin no more guys
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by ahamonyeka(m): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yeye dey smell.
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by Kenshinmunac(m): 11:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
lasisi69:
yeah sure what's up

Nuffin o, u just big o! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by lasisi69(f): 11:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
Kenshinmunac:

Nuffin o, u just big o! shocked
lol.. Na u big pass

1 Like

Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by Kenshinmunac(m): 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
lasisi69:
lol.. Na u big pass

Lol nothing do u.
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by zingov: 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
Go and sin no more,u r nw a new creature old tins r passed away
oatzeal:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-GtcmpHiWU1s/Vo1afLkVW4I/AAAAAAACNxw/MVmHlKtFJps/s1600/soyinka%2Bamaechi.png[/img]
An Islamic Cleric, Adeola Abdul-Rasheed, and 11 others on Wednesday publicly renounced their membership of cult groups in Ogun State, and also signed a letter of undertaking to turn a new leaf.

The event took place at the premises of Ewekoro Local Government under the supervision of Ogun State Police Commissioner and some village heads led by traditional ruler of Itori, Fatai Akamo.

The former cultists, who are artisans, were arrested by the police over their involvement in cult activities.

However, after investigation and intervention of some personalities in the state, the cultists were considered for amnesty and they resolved to publicly renouncing their membership.

They respectively took oaths with either the Holy Bible or the Holy Koran.

The Islamic cleric who was the oldest among in the group, said he had seen reasons to quit the occult.

He assured that he would not renege on his pledge.

The commissioner of police, Abdulmajid Ali, in his speech, said the event was historic, adding that all the renounced cultists had been granted amnesty.

Mr. Ali used the opportunity to call on other cultists still in the hiding in any part of the state, to be bold enough to renounce their membership to save them from prosecution.

http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2016/01/photo-cleric-11-others-renounce-cult.html?m=1
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by costandi(m): 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
arabianights:

Yet we are all sinners. please dont paint your self that good as no one knows his/her end we can only pray.i believe they have changed right ? so its between them and God and they might end up being way better than those "born in Christian homes"
We are not all sinners. If we are, why did Jesus come? Are you saying his death was in vain?

By the way, I was'nt painting myself as good in any way. I was only thanking God for not allowing me to be born into a religion that condones violence or terrorism in anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by arabianights: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
costandi:

We are not all sinners. If we are, why did Jesus come? Are you saying his death was in vain?

By the way, I was'nt painting myself as good in any way. I was only thanking God for not allowing me to be born into a religion that condones violence or terrorism in anyway.

With your choice of words........................Its better not to dignify your kind with further words.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by orsidy: 11:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
No good life for brigands. Right from the day you bam, you live a life of fear, and as a brigand, you'll always be in bravado. Shun cultism, it destroy
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by Shaftrod(m): 2:06am On Jan 07, 2016
Is that what the law says?That the Police due to intervention by some ' influential personalities'(perhaps those using them to create havoc) in that community could grant them amnesty?Has the purpose of justice been served or defeated by such pardon?
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by chekbou: 6:49am On Jan 07, 2016
Nice new year resolution... Hope they will not re- repent again.
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by TeamSimple(m): 7:09am On Jan 07, 2016
costandi:
I forever thank the lord I'm a Christian, at least born to a christian home.
Who ask you?
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by campusflavour: 7:23am On Jan 07, 2016
It is not about renouncing cult. Am happy for them though, but the question is, will the other cult groups allow them to be free without killing of them? This will push them back to the arms of their own members who are yet to repent, the only solution now is for them to leave the state or area where they are known with their new life
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by naxman(m): 7:27am On Jan 07, 2016
dat reminds of dis provab....

He who uses d left hand always cannt easily change to right hand...

they may nt b a cultist again but wat about d evil tins dat cult introduced to u?

were r d END TIME PASTORS God did nt reavel dis to dem abi
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by Omotall(m): 7:39am On Jan 07, 2016
Nonsense people cool
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by suny247: 7:47am On Jan 07, 2016
na them try pas. that is if they can keep to their promise.
Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by costandi(m): 9:09am On Jan 07, 2016
TeamSimple:

Who ask you?
I don't need to be asked, thats why the forum has a reply feature.

Common sense ain't common these days you know.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Renounces Cult Membership In Ogun With 11 Others by TeamSimple(m): 9:32am On Jan 07, 2016
costandi:

I don't need to be asked, thats why the forum has a reply feature.

Common sense ain't common these days you know.
Thank God you know

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spiritual Grace; Amazing Pictures! / Benson Idahosa's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Shares N30 Million To Members For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.