Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: (49381 Views)

Construction Of New Terminal At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport, Lagos / Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) / How I Was Scammed By A Hotel / Booking Agency At Murtala Mohammed Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by friedakara(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
GettysBurg:

That's not true! In many airports in the USA, including JFK, New York, you pay up to $6 to use a trolley.

And it is not N500 paid for trolleys at MMIA Lagos.

Make we dey talk true.
.bro,seems u no dey go MMIA at all.early last December,my mum-in-law travelled to the UK, and I could still remember vividly that I picked a trolley for 500 naira.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
Luukasz:
You can run away from Nigeria but Nigeria can never run away from you cos Nigeria runs in your blood its in your skin,its in every facet of your life.
When i see some youths saying they want to run away from NG i just shake my head. If Lee Kuan Yew ran away from singapore will singapore get to where it is today.
If Nelson Mandela ran away from SA will SA get to where it is today.NO!! they wont but because this men had the love of their country at heart they chose to stay and revive their fatherland.
You never know that of NG might be me,it might be you or anyone else. As for me no matter how bad NG can be i will stay and do my best.

And when the kakistocrats won't let you even as close as the civil service??
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Caleycash(m): 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:

I don't really care about this hell. Very very soon I won't be a Nigerian. I used to think biafra was the answer but with what I have seen, am running away before its too late.
Don't mind that fool, even our grandparents didn't achieve what his clamouring for is it us that will?!, look am of the concept that all youths should leave this country. it's a real messed up situation, no hope for youths and we keep multiplying everyday, northerners giving birth like ants, the Government should introduce very strict birth control measures. let's say Nigeria is not a ZOO as Nnamdi Kanu said, but I sense very soon it will be... lastly am following ur step bro, I wanted not to but I ve made up my mind, this country is a big façade.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Na so one Mexican CBP Officer seized all my yams in Houston.

Later I was in line behind him at a restaurant in the airport. See apology from him, not sure why he acted like he was scared. I was like dude just make sure that do you job with integrity because I was really looking forward to eating the shyte out of those yams grin
Eeya
The officer and others must have been under strict instructions. He probably felt that the yams posed no threat to food security in Houston, but he had to obey directives from Washington.
Anyway, thanks for the info. I will now put Houston on my "to avoid" international gateway list grin
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
lanre316:

You're an ignorant, bigoted and idiot racist.

Motherfucker, do you have to open your stinking foul mouth and insult a whole black race. Granted some black nations have some problems just like some other Caucasian and Mongolian nations, but do you have to insult the whole black race. What a waste of sperm from your useless father. Your whóre of a mother should have aborted that waste product that became you. Idiota.
b reasonable, responsive and sensitive for once in ur life...
joe4christ:

Bros, take am easy na, you wan set Africa on fire. You self go burn o, 9ja blood runs in you...
Take am easy, we self no happy with the black Nations, atimes me self dey reason say the black nation is under a curse or something. But with critical observation, I've come to realise that the problem of Africa is actually a psychological one, programmed on us by the Colonial masters, the problem is, even when we think we are free and a sovereign society, in reality we are actually still Slaves to the whites, and one of the most effective weapon the used on us is no other thing than Religion, we traded our birthrights when we left our indigenous African religion for the western culture and religion. That made us lose our originality, as it is now, we are far from being original. We are mere shadows of our true potentials.
Those who actually brought this religion to us are actually less religious in practice, thus their advancement in all ramifications. Though they own these religion, they don't apply it in all works of life, they know when to be religious and when to be rational, they never allow it to becloud their reasoning.
But it's a pity, we are still under the bondage of a primitive mind cos we hold dear to primitive principles...
We need to prioritise our lives and Africa will become great.
Simple!
. My brother; good u understand where i'm coming from, my problm is the black population just have a fundamental problem, and we donot see it as a challenge to be better fellows... this is characteristic of blacks everywhere even the ones outside Africa Viz a Viz: black americans,black indies, black Pakistanis, Jamaicans, Haitians... anywhere the black population is, they just keep living like savages and being wicked to themselves...

Blaming the colonial masters for our woes I think is the highest injustice u can mete on this people(colonial masters), donot forget, the Mongols, Arabs et all, we're also colonised by same set of people... we were all on the class in the 60's/70's, we were all on same class, but currently these people are far off... they have taken it upon themselves to advance... and theey are currently at par with their colonial masters.... so what is the problem with the blackman? why are we like this? Why can't we advance? Its piteable...

I feel like crying when I travel out, come back to my fatherland and see how the black race lives like pigs.... I grow so angry and rebellious within me... it's sad u know..

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Caleycash(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
wonlasewonimi:
Do you guys know the reason you have to pay is to make you return the trolley?
Exactly, u get ur money back if returned
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
CFCman:

Eeya
The officer and others must have been under strict instructions. He probably felt that the yams posed no threat to food security in Houston, but he had to obey directives from Washington.
Anyway, thanks for the info. I will now put Houston on my "to avoid" international gateway list grin

Oh I totally understand but I just wished that they can have a more modern and scientific method of testing versus just total ban. The same yams are available in stores in Los Angeles. That's the issue I have.

You buy 3 pieces of tubers for $70 (N18,500) and half of them are rotten.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
Caleycash:
Exactly, u get ur money back if returned

In Lagos?
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Caleycash(m): 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I don't think that we can return from the edge where we're at. I mean I hope we do but...

I was in Ibadan at the courthouse getting an affidavit. Right on top of the clerks desk was a sign that read "Report Any Staff That Asks For Bribe". So of course he asked me what I brought for him. I threatened to report him to the Judge and he quipped back that "na who you think we go share am with?"

I just don't know if armed paramilitary police officers knows how threaten they appear to foreigners when they are asking for bribes.
My brother the country taya person oo, it's better we do something before it gets out of hand, I don't doubt any prophesy about calamity befalling Nigeria, tho I might be a bit skeptical. very soon water go pass garri.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I don't think that we can return from the edge where we're at. I mean I hope we do but...

I was in Ibadan at the courthouse getting an affidavit. Right on top of the clerks desk was a sign that read "Report Any Staff That Asks For Bribe". So of course he asked me what I brought for him. I threatened to report him to the Judge and he quipped back that "na who you think we go share am with?"

I just don't know if armed paramilitary police officers knows how threaten they appear to foreigners when they are asking for bribes.

Bros, Nigerian policy makers are yet to figure out that having AK-47 - wielding officers INSIDE an airport terminal is an anomaly. In the US, and most other places, armed officers only carry pistols while working inside an airport terminal.
I also wish that the FG would follow the American practice of not having Immigration and Customs officers inspecting documents and luggage of departing passengers.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by magicminister: 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
CFCman:

Bros, Nigerian policy makers are yet to figure out that having AK-47 - wielding officers INSIDE an airport terminal is an anomaly. In the US, and most other places, armed officers only carry pistols while working inside an airport terminal.
I also wish that the FG would follow the American practice of not having Immigration and Customs officers inspecting documents and luggage of departing passengers.

not in france though.
The kain armed soldier patrolling inside the airport (Charles de gaulle) was just ghen ghen something.
They were mostly armed with assault rifles and patrolling the airport.
They don't interfere with civilian dealings though!
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Caleycash(m): 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
Raymondenyi:
. My brother; good u understand where i'm coming from, my problm is the black population just have a fundamental problem, and we donot see it as a challenge to be better fellows... this is characteristic of blacks everywhere even the ones outside Africa Viz a Viz: black americans,black indies, black Pakistanis, Jamaicans, Haitians... anywhere the black population is, they just keep living like savages and being wicked to themselves...

Blaming the colonial masters for our woes I think is the highest injustice u can mete on this people(colonial masters), donot forget, the Mongols, Arabs et all, we're also colonised by same set of people... we were all on the class in the 60's/70's, we were all on same class, but currently these people are far off... they have taken it upon themselves to advance... and theey are currently at par with their colonial masters.... so what is the problem with the blackman? why are we like this? Why can't we advance? Its piteable...

I feel like crying when I travel out, come back to my fatherland and see how the black race lives like pigs.... I grow so angry and rebellious within me... it's sad u know..
if know body does, I totally understand you, we er in the same shoe bro
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Oh I totally understand but I just wished that they can have a more modern and scientific method of testing versus just total ban. The same yams are available in stores in Los Angeles. That's the issue I have.

You buy 3 pieces of tubers for $70 (N18,500) and half of them are rotten.
I'm with u on that. It shouldn't be too costly to run food items thru a mobile lab at the airport to test for the presence of harmful bacteria or virus. People buy these food items with hard-earned money.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Caleycash(m): 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

In Lagos?
Which yeye Lagos, I meant Europe where am familiar with
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Askseek(f): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.

$5 to use a trolley in JFK, who said it's free all over the world? Stop spreading lies abeg
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:

not in france though.
The kain armed soldier patrolling inside the airport (Charles de gaulle) was just ghen ghen something.
They were mostly armed with assault rifles and patrolling the airport.
They don't interfere with civilian dealings though!
That's the difference - they were thoroughly professional. And it was in immediate response to the Paris terrorist attacks.
But in Nigeria, even before the BH menace started, it was a common sight to see police officers carrying AK-47s inside the terminal.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Iko5000: 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
It free in most UK airports and Supermarkets in uk you pay one pound which you get back when you return the trolley

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by stagger: 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:
you can clearly see the parked buses that are supposed to shuttle commuters to and from the airport to the car park.

most people ended up trekking all the way to the airport with their heavy luggages as shown in the picture above.

Lest i forget, one of the Nahco Aviance staffs accosted me for taking pictures.... lol!!...

Try going to Charles de Gaulle airport and take pictures and see whether the police will not accost you.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
stagger:

Try going to Charles de Gaulle airport and take pictures and see whether the police will not accost you.
Fortunately, people are allowed to take pictures of American airports, without hindrance.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by magicminister: 1:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
stagger:

i actually have pictures of them on my phone.
i have so many pictures of cdg and i could post some here if u want proof!
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by boladez(m): 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
CFCman:

Or the govt could sell it off completely.

Im telling you ...that probably would have been the best thing but they can't because of Security, Strategic importance, diplomacy etc etc!

Quite shameful we have people and resources but we cant just pull it together to work in our favour
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
boladez:

Im telling you ...that probably would have been the best thing but they can't because of Security, Strategic importance, diplomacy etc etc!

Quite shameful we have people and resources but we cant just pull it together to work in our favour
It's really sad. Strategic importance or security shouldn't be reasons for the govt hanging on to the airport. After all, JFK airport is the busiest international gateway into the US, but it isn't run by Washington DC; just as Heathrow isn't run by Westminster.
However, an exception could be made for the Abuja airport to remain in government hands.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by abdfaithy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
But I don't see anything stressful and the airport because u don't have to trek to the parking lot, u can just take ur car to the exit from the airport and pick ur luggages, There's nothing we can do and moreover is due to the construction going @the Big parking lot beside mosque#Naijalawa

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by NewYorkCity: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
I dont understand what prevents d authorities from putting facilities to enable transit passengers to transfer from the international terminal to the domestic terminal of the airport without using taxi. GEJ had plans to this.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
NewYorkCity:
I dont understand what prevents d authorities from putting facilities to enable transit passengers to transfer from the international terminal to the domestic terminal of the airport without using taxi. GEJ had plans to this.
Or install "people movers" or trains to transport passengers between terminals
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by joe4christ(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
Raymondenyi:

Yea I do feel like running away atime too, an average African is corrupt, non-trustworthy, selfish, greedy, unpatriotic and only sought for their own selfish interest as opposite to the common good.
These are the reasons why we are still backward, but you can't leave out the role religious dogmatism and fanaticism also play in this. We apply religious sentiments on issues that most often only require just common sense or little rational approach - why won't we be less developed when we crave for Jesus to come rapture us from our problems instead of standing to face those problem, an average black man would rather wait for a divine help than find logical means towards solving his problem.
All these contributes majorly to why we are still where we are. We just have to do our best and see if we can effect changes in our respective endeavours.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by dayleke: 2:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
Can someone please explain the processes of arriving and departing international passengers here?
What's the deal about trekking to which parking lot?
Reason why I'm asking is because I know you can be dropped off in front of the departure hall,unload your luggage to check in while your party goes off to park and then come back to join you in the departure hall. Has that changed?
Also for arrival,you go to the parking lot with your welcome party with your luggage.
Have these processes changed?
It kinda looks scary cos I'm planning on a visit in the next couple of months o.
Someone please break it down o.....
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by magicminister: 2:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
dayleke:
Can someone please explain the processes of arriving and departing international passengers here?
What's the deal about trekking to which parking lot?
Reason why I'm asking is because I know you can be dropped off in front of the departure hall,unload your luggage to check in while your party goes off to park and then come back to join you in the departure hall. Has that changed?
Also for arrival,you go to the parking lot with your welcome party with your luggage.
Have these processes changed?
It kinda looks scary cos I'm planning on a visit in the next couple of months o.
Someone please break it down o.....

Loool... you will find out soon.
There is an airport car park miles away from the airport.
Normally, your family or anyone coming to pick you would have to wait at that car park.
You are supposed to enter the airport shuttle (which is free) to the car park but since they stopped working, passengers have to trek to the car park or wait for their people to come pick them up or drop them in front of arrivals or departure.

You will enjoy the experience.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by fatytoy333(m): 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Trolley is not free in the USA when departing unless you hijack an unused one in the parking lot. I know that it's free in arrival in Houston but not free in both arrival and departure in LAX

Let's be reasonable.

You can imagine! At JFK NY you cough out $6:00 (N1,590 equivalent) to access the trolley both at arrival and departure. Nigerians with everything must be free mentality is one of the bane of development in our Nation.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by tsdarkside(m): 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:

Loool... you are talking as if u dont know the terrible traffic build-up that oftens occurs right before the airport.... kuhehe

ask our goverments from the start of indepedence till today.......we have to start judging the goverment as a ol body,not as individual-presidents or dictators....

for such a population,the goverment have supposed to be planning for the future,always...by 2030,nigeria will have a population of 200million and still growing....you can be sure,that our goverment have absolutely no plans for those coming times....

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by dayleke: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:

Loool... you will find out soon.
There is an airport car park miles away from the airport.
Normally, your family or anyone coming to pick you would have to wait at that car park.
You are supposed to enter the airport shuttle (which is free) to the car park but since they stopped working, passengers have to trek to the car park or wait for their people to come pick them up or drop them in front of arrivals or departure.
You will enjoy the experience.

Haba,Magicminister,abegi o.
Don't let me find out the hard way joor.
So one can still be dropped off and picked up by the entrances?
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by ttmacoy: 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
Omo you harsh oh, sold to China lol.

tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kunle Suara, Airforce Pilot That Died In The Crash Today (Photos) / Flood Drowns A Bus As Passengers Fight For Their Lives (Video) / Trailer Breaks In Two In Rivers State..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.