Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

MTN Finally Acquires Visafone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Finally Acquires Visafone (26491 Views)

Adrian Wood's Teleology Finally Acquires 9mobile Network / MTN Finally Introduces A 3GB Internet Data Plan For Just #300 / When MTN Finally Goes Mad (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by shayou: 2:49am On Jan 07, 2016
MTN, Africa’s leading mobile phone operator, has finally sealed the deal to acquire Visafone, the only surviving Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) operator in Nigeria, owned by the banking magnate, Mr. Jim Ovia.

The acquisition of Visafone, the only surviving CDMA operator in Nigeria, by MTN, a GSM operator, marks the final death of CDMA operations in Africa’s largest economy.

Though, MTN is yet to make official announcement of the acquisition, but inside sources confirmed the development to Daily Trust reporter.

Contrary to the initial report about the deal that MTN is not taking along the purchase of the CDMA company with its liabilities, sources said the telecoms giant has acquired the staggering Visafone with all its properties, including its spectrum and liabilities.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/mtn-finally-acquires-visafone/127595.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Kirinwa: 2:58am On Jan 07, 2016
Really?

By being a stakeholder in visafone I think am entitled to be chairman of this occasion.
I would be back for further comments.

Meanwhile lalasticlacla you know how's its done.

Yes, visaphone had a good vision and structure but they lacked expansion as well as competent staff and strategists.

They had good call plans and tariffs. Why I stopped using them was not only that I had to travel down sometimes to their office to recharge. I didn't mind but finally my phone got spoilt. Imagine they didn't have technicians to repair it and demanded I give them money to transport it outside my state. Phone I bought cheaply then, about to cost me half of the price in repairs.
I painfully left their office and have not looked back since then, thanks to Etisalat.

Am I first to comment?!
*dancing

Oga Seun credit me ooh.

10 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by greatnaija01: 3:44am On Jan 07, 2016
shayou:
TN, Africa’s leading mobile phone operator, has finally sealed the deal to acquire Visafone, the only surviving Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) operator in Nigeria, owned by the banking magnate, Mr. Jim Ovia.

The acquisition of Visafone, the only surviving CDMA operator in Nigeria, by MTN, a GSM operator, marks the final death of CDMA operations in Africa’s largest economy.

MTN is yet to make official announcement of the acquisition, but inside sources confirmed the development.

Contrary to the initial report about the deal that MTN is not taking along the purchase of the CDMA company with its liabilities, sources said the telecoms giant has acquired the staggering Visafone with all its properties, including its spectrum and liabilities.

http://news360.info/2016/01/07/mtn-finally-acquires-visafone/

kai kai kai, so now they will be slow like EMPTY-HEN..... i better port to SMILE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by obidevine(m): 4:34am On Jan 07, 2016
Even with their heavy indebtedness to Nigeria , they are still acquiring more companies.. Lalasticlala I think this is front page material.

5 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by bobo65(m): 6:02am On Jan 07, 2016
shayou:
TN, Africa’s leading mobile phone operator, has finally sealed the deal to acquire Visafone, the only surviving Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) operator in Nigeria, owned by the banking magnate, Mr. Jim Ovia.

MTN is yet to make official announcement of the acquisition, but inside sources confirmed the development.

http://news360.info/2016/01/07/mtn-finally-acquires-visafone/

Was jes about buying a visafone bb
I'm sure mtn will scrap their unlimited bis

But wait o
Mtn never pay ncc
Where dem get money to buy visafone??

lasisi69:
Google

In lasisi voice

End time purchase

3 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by BOKO52(m): 6:28am On Jan 07, 2016
GOOD BUSINESS.... bt make them pay their ncc fine oooo

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Aremu01(m): 6:38am On Jan 07, 2016
Interesting
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by lasisi69(f): 10:39am On Jan 07, 2016
Mtn... Weta isi were isi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Dannieln1: 10:40am On Jan 07, 2016
Hope mtn pay ncc their fine cos we need that money to pay:

1. The youths their N5000.

2. Build our refineries

3. Pay LAI muhammed his salary

4. Leave trash for lawma..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by ShakurM(m): 10:40am On Jan 07, 2016
Facebook buy WhatsApp

MTN buy visafone

Shakur buys Nairaland grin

18 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by kirchofff(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2016
Dis is y I'll never take d FG seriously, so empty hen even have d guts to buy a company when dey've nt paid their fine.............they knw I FG is a joke..smh 4 my dear country

5 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by deeswagger: 10:41am On Jan 07, 2016
Una don pay una fine, una come go acquire gbese join wetin dey do una...

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by ttemmi(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2016
Noted.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 07, 2016
GUD FOR THEM....

ANYWAY...

THANK GOD SAY I DON PAY MTN THE AIRTIME WEY I BORROW THEM.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by NaijaPrince: 10:41am On Jan 07, 2016
Nice move
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by lasisi69(f): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2016
Dannieln1:
G
Google

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Lilimax(f): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2016
Has MTN paid their fine to NCC? embarassed
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by maestroferddi: 10:41am On Jan 07, 2016
Jim Ovia failed in this one.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by tobex23(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2016
So?
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Standard007(m): 10:42am On Jan 07, 2016
For the benefit of those that don't know, cool "please someone should tell me the meaning of CDMA" wink Don't forget to hit the like button if you didn't know grin before now grin

7 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Sijo01(f): 10:42am On Jan 07, 2016
Have they paid their fine Not heard anything concerning it of late.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by encryptjay(m): 10:42am On Jan 07, 2016
So MTN gave the final Blow?
Have they paid their fine?
All these CDMDA stuff have restrictions and it contributed to their fall.
Switching phones/sim restriction.
Abegi, make them disappear.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Lilimax(f): 10:42am On Jan 07, 2016
maestroferddi:
Jim Ovia failed in this one.
How? he has his reasons for the actions embarassed
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by asumo12: 10:42am On Jan 07, 2016
WHERE is omotayor123 cry cry cry
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by looseweight: 10:43am On Jan 07, 2016
Congrats
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Jacko01: 10:43am On Jan 07, 2016
Frontpage fins
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by IamSimi(m): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2016
This MTN is just a scam. Where did they see money to acquire visafone, when they havn't even paid NCC.
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by sisiclara: 10:44am On Jan 07, 2016
bobo65:

Was jes about buying a visafone bb
I'm sure mtn will scrap their unlimited his

But wait o
Mtn never pay ncc
Where dem get money to buy visafone??

I no trust this news
My dear na confirm gist oh!
Bankable..
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by jerrysayo(m): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2016
I hope they've settled their debt? angry
Re: MTN Finally Acquires Visafone by Bboy1015(m): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opera Mini Manual Settings For All Networks: / Infinix Hot 10i Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / Telegram Is Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.