Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

A Letter To Mr President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter To Mr President (1956 Views)

Lere Olayinka Writes Buhari A Letter Over Bola Ige's Reopened Murder Case / Abuja Airport Presidential Wing All Set For The Arrival Of Mr. President (pics) / Pray That The West Hasn't Done Anything To Mr President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To Mr President by pretydiva(f): 8:55am On Jan 07, 2016
I'm writing this on behalf of my father. Please kindly help push to Front-page. Thanks

Dear Mr president, please look into the plight of paramilitary pensioners as a matter of urgency whose gratuity is been used to pay pension. How on earth could the government force paramilitary pensioners who have served more than 25 years and above meritoriously into the contributory pension scheme where they have not contributed enough. And because they have not contributed enough, they now seize their gratuity to be paying their pension.

This is an error on the part of the federal government. Contributory pension is a laudable scheme for those that are just coming in into the service, not for those who have served more than 25 years and above whose initial agreement with the federal government is now a deviation of their implementation.

Hence the president should declare a state of emergency on the paramilitary pension by returning back to us our gratuity, and the federal government begins with immediate effect to pay us our pension. If this is done Mr president, your name will not only be written in gold in the history of this great nation called Nigeria, your administration will be a successful one for correcting the wrongs of this nation.

Pensioners are dying prematurely as a result of no feeding

Long live the president
Long live the government
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Your sorrowing pensioner,
Benson Uduehi
Immigration officer(rtd)
Under the aegis of paramilitary pensioner association of Nigeria, Benin branch

Cc: mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala
OAM4J

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Mr President by Eghosa1(m): 10:19am On Feb 19, 2016
pretydiva:
Dear Mr president, please look into the plight of paramilitary pensioners as a matter of urgency whose gratuity is been used to pay pension. How on earth could the government force paramilitary pensioners who have served more than 25 years and above meritoriously into the contributory pension scheme where they have not contributed enough. And because they have not contributed enough, they now seize their gratuity to be paying their pension.

This is an error on the part of the federal government. Contributory pension is a laudable scheme for those that are just coming in into the service, not for those who have served more than 25 years and above whose initial agreement with the federal government is now a deviation of their implementation.

Hence the president should declare a state of emergency on the paramilitary pension by returning back to us our gratuity, and the federal government begins with immediate effect to pay us our pension. If this is done Mr president, your name will not only be written in gold in the history of this great nation called Nigeria, your administration will be a successful one for correcting the wrongs of this nation.

Long live the president
Long live the government

Benson Uduehi
Immigration officer(rtd)

If this is the current norm, very poor. Has this issue been escalated at least? Govt agencies and parastatals involved with pensions should be copied.
Re: A Letter To Mr President by Justiyke4u: 10:23am On Feb 19, 2016
I pray the issue is treated with all urgency
Re: A Letter To Mr President by pretydiva(f): 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
Eghosa1:

If this is the current norm, very poor. Has this issue been escalated at least? Govt agencies and parastatals involved with pensions should be copied.
the mods have refused to take this thread to front page. It's so pathetic

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Mr President by pretydiva(f): 9:27am On Jun 11, 2020
Hope the mods on this forum are not biased. I copied some mods, all of a sudden it got deleted.

Pensioners are dying. I thought of using this medium on behalf of my dad to at least reach out to the appropriate authority.

The least you can do is to help by moving this thread to front page instead of allowing the thread die a natural death.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Mr President by freshkpomo(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
pretydiva:
I'm writing this on behalf of my father. Please kindly help push to Front-page. Thanks

Long live the president
Long live the government

Benson Uduehi
Immigration officer(rtd)

Seun
Lalasticlala
OAM4J
Re: A Letter To Mr President by pretydiva(f): 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
I don't know why the mods keep deleting people's comments. It's such a pity
Re: A Letter To Mr President by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
Why not put this writeup on twitter and tag respective bodies including professional and non governmental organizations that can further take this up?
Maybe you should try this. Nairaland may be afraid of penalty.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Mr President by pretydiva(f): 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
eniolaamos7:
Why not put this writeup on twitter and tag respective bodies including professional and non governmental organizations that can further take this up?
Maybe you should try this. Nairaland may be afraid of penalty.

I think I will do just that. Thanks so much
Re: A Letter To Mr President by airminem(f): 9:30pm On Sep 17, 2020
smiley
pretydiva:
Hope the mods on this forum are not biased. I copied some mods, all of a sudden it got deleted.

Pensioners are dying. I thought of using this medium on behalf of my dad to at least reach out to the appropriate authority.

The least you can do is to help by moving this thread to front page instead of allowing the thread die a natural death.
NOW YOU KNOW BETTER
Re: A Letter To Mr President by pretydiva(f): 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2020
airminem:
smiley NOW YOU KNOW BETTER

It's well

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Mr President by Murketeer: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
pretydiva:

Long live the president
Long live the government

Benson Uduehi
Immigration officer(rtd)

Seun
Lalasticlala
OAM4J
So this topic wasn't moved to front page?
Re: A Letter To Mr President by pretydiva(f): 6:13am On Jan 20, 2022
Murketeer:

So this topic wasn't moved to front page?
No. The mods has refused to do so
Re: A Letter To Mr President by Freelane33(m): 10:40pm On May 17, 2022
Nairaland and stupid mods .
Re: A Letter To Mr President by pretydiva(f): 11:07am On Jun 07, 2022
Freelane33:
Nairaland and stupid mods .
The Mods refused to move it to front page cry

(1) (Reply)

Photonews: Aregbesola Appoints, First Female Chancellor Of A Public University / Why We Will Not Hear From Aisha Anytime Soon / NNAMDI KANU CHILD WILL TAKE GUN AND FIGHT HIS FATHER TO REUNITE NIGERIA BACK!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.