Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,353 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:08 AM

Trader Sells Son To Boost Business - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Trader Sells Son To Boost Business (631 Views)

Mother Sells Son For N300,000 In Enugu; Buyer Resells At 350,000 / Man Sells Son For N150, 000 In Cross River (PHOTO) / Father ‘sells’ Son For N250,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trader Sells Son To Boost Business by SporaD8: 10:30am On Jan 07, 2016
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 28-year-old man, Okwuchukwu Ibekwe, for allegedly selling his five-month-old son to a syndicate in Anambra State for N400,000.
Our correspondent learnt that Okwuchukwu, who lives on Shinaba Street, in the Iyana Iba area of Lagos, had some difficulties in his trade and allegedly decided with his wife to raise some money by selling the baby.
PUNCH Metro gathered that the Ibekwes had contacted one Chinelo, who is still on the run, on December 17, 2015, for the transaction.
It was learnt that Chinelo, who stayed in Ihiala, Anambra State, paid the Ibekwes N400,000 ─ N250,000 to the father and N150,000 to the mother of the baby.
Our correspondent gathered that the man, however, had a quarrel with his wife after returning from his trip to Anambra. It was gathered that when he refused to give the wife her share, she reported the matter to the police.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the baby’s mother fled the house after making the report.
Okwuchukwu was, however, arrested and detained at the Police Gender Unit, Ikeja, while police operatives also arrested Chinelo’s husband in Anambra State. The baby and Chinelo had yet to be found.
While being paraded on Wednesday, Okwuchukwu said he collected N400,000 from Chinelo in exchange for his son with the full knowledge of his wife.
He said, “Chinelo was to give me N400,000 for the baby. My wife was the one who suggested that we dispose of the baby to meet our business needs.
“But Chinelo gave me N250,000 for the baby when I went to deliver him to her in Anambra State.
“When I returned, my wife and I quarrelled and she ran away for three days. I did not know that she went to report the matter to the police. She was concerned with her own share of N150,000.
“I sell vehicle spare parts in Ladipo market.
“It was a lawyer who called me that my wife had reported me to the police, and that I should come and see her. When I went there, I was arrested.
“I do not know the whereabouts of my son. I did not know Chinelo would run away with my child.”
Our correspondent learnt that the police were intensifying efforts to recover the baby.
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, who paraded the suspect, said the case was undergoing “intense investigation.”
“The suspect is assisting the police with information to recover the baby,” he added.
www.punchng.com/trader-sells-son-for-n400000-to-boost-business/
Re: Trader Sells Son To Boost Business by airmark(m): 10:31am On Jan 07, 2016
Weird
Re: Trader Sells Son To Boost Business by benedictnsi(m): 10:33am On Jan 07, 2016
He is really a Trader.... Buh thunder go soon fire am
Re: Trader Sells Son To Boost Business by Tolexander: 10:42am On Jan 07, 2016
If the guy no karst naw, person go come dey tell me for here say the guy na hardworking Igbo trader.

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Criminal Way Of Cunningly Swindling People Of Thier Hard Earn Money / Bastard And She Is Always Good In Abortion: Angry Ex Boyfriend Said So / Missing Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.