Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,376 members, 7,800,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Where And How Did I Get It Wrong?....urgent Advice Needed Pls - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where And How Did I Get It Wrong?....urgent Advice Needed Pls (725 Views)

MONICKERS! How Did You Come Up With Yours? / How Did They Get There?(pics) / If You Have To Beg Or Ask A Girl For Sex, You're Doing It Wrong... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where And How Did I Get It Wrong?....urgent Advice Needed Pls by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
WHERE DID I GET IT ALL WRONG?

I am a graduate of Building technology from one of the universities in the south Eastern part of this country with a 2-1 class of degree.I finished my NYSC nearly two years ago and have been struggling to make ends meet.

Now,it all started when I was in my final year in the uni...I got attached to an Engineer of over 30years experience through my in-law under whose tutelage I started grooming in the profession.As a fast learner, it took me little period to get acquinted with site management and supervision....the problem then was even as I became very useful to the man while waiting for service, he still refused to pay me the sum that can sustain my bills,this forced me to part ways with the man immidiately I got mobilized for "allawee" days.

What I learnt and experienced from my ex-boss made me vow never to seek for paid job and decided to be self employed contractor.as fate may have it,immidiately after service, I worked in corsotium with an independent Government contractor who subletted some minor contracts to me...I thought my prayer had been answered as I immidiately started earning reasonable cash that could pay my bills to an extent...after about 6 months into the contract, I bought a car to ease my movement and boast my reputation before my clients...I invested some other cash in the storage of some agricultural produce.

Unfortunaately and sorrowfully, the car was snatched from me at gun point about 5 months ago, the beans I stored was rendered useless by insects and the contract stopped since after handing over power this year in the south south state where we work..

Right now, for more than three months now, I have not been able to get a single contract,am now very broke,depressed,dejected,confused and almost destroyed by hopelessness...

initially, I don't belive in going to prophets and rest of them for prayers and divinations, I don't even believe in people having any power to be witch others, but as it stands now, if no urgent help in the form of advice and guide and motivation is proferred to me, I think I have to fall victim of church....as a result I have been asking myself where I got it all wrong.
Re: Where And How Did I Get It Wrong?....urgent Advice Needed Pls by Tabon: 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
@OGACLO. The problem u are facing is common to most Nigerians at this time because of ineptitude and cluelessness or otherwise no clear economic direction of this present
administration. Lots of people have lost their jobs. No money. No job. No contract. The economy is too bad and needs only God's intervention. Put all your trust in God and he shall help u out.
Re: Where And How Did I Get It Wrong?....urgent Advice Needed Pls by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
Tabon:
@OGACLO. The problem u are facing is common to most Nigerians at this time because of ineptitude and cluelessness or otherwise no clear economic direction of this present
administration. Lots of people have lost their jobs. No money. No job. No contract. The economy is too bad and needs only God's intervention. Put all your trust in God and he shall help u out.

Thanks dear I appreciate
Re: Where And How Did I Get It Wrong?....urgent Advice Needed Pls by vani86: 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
dont be dejected my brother, 2015 was a very bad year in almost every industry in nigeria, banks, construction, oil and gas, manufacturing, imports and co.

[size=15pt]look at the bright side[/size]

the experience is there,

the drive is there,

the determination is there

yes you may have reached rock bottom but it can only get better.

in my company we have been on half salary going to almost 5 months now.

but life goes on
Re: Where And How Did I Get It Wrong?....urgent Advice Needed Pls by boujaye: 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
Brother, from your post, you never showed gratitude, you never appreciated the one that made you what you are today. You learnt from a professional of 30 years experience, he gave you free hand to learn and you became a don and parted with him on the grounds of money. You missed it all. Everything is not about money, a good name is better than silver and gold says the scripture. You never left with a good name, you feel complacent that indeed you have arrived. He has made you somebody out of nobody, and you feel he is no longer important. You marred your relationship with him because of your crave for money. He is old enough to be your father or grandfather, and could easily cursed you and that is it because am sure you never left with his blessings. The scriptures says "give honor to whom honor is due"

If it is possible I will ask you to return to him and make peace with him by pleading for his forgiveness (you could go with somebody he is close to, maybe your in-law), try and revisit your relationship with him and make it cordial and give him the honor he deserves. I am sure if you had been a little bit controlling of your behaviour with him, he could have imparted more on you and you would have received his blessings before going on your "allawee" days. Running to prayer houses or shrines will add more problems, if you attend a good church, you could see your pastor for further counseling and prayers.

Trust God, He will show you mercy and restore you.
Re: Where And How Did I Get It Wrong?....urgent Advice Needed Pls by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
boujaye:
Brother, from your post, you never showed gratitude, you never appreciated the one that made you what you are today. You learnt from a professional of 30 years experience, he gave you free hand to learn and you became a don and parted with him on the grounds of money. You missed it all. Everything is not about money, a good name is better than silver and gold says the scripture. You never left with a good name, you feel complacent that indeed you have arrived. He has made you somebody out of nobody, and you feel he is no longer important. You marred your relationship with him because of your crave for money. He is old enough to be your father or grandfather, and could easily cursed you and that is it because am sure you never left with his blessings. The scriptures says "give honor to whom honor is due"

If it is possible I will ask you to return to him and make peace with him by pleading for his forgiveness (you could go with somebody he is close to, maybe your in-law), try and revisit your relationship with him and make it cordial and give him the honor he deserves. I am sure if you had been a little bit controlling of your behaviour with him, he could have imparted more on you and you would have received his blessings before going on your "allawee" days. Running to prayer houses or shrines will add more problems, if you attend a good church, you could see your pastor for further counseling and prayers.

Trust God, He will show you mercy and restore you.

Thanks very much, the truth is that I parted ways with him without troubles as my excuse was going for NYSC, though I av not seen him all these while, but I don't think he is in any way angry with according to my in law, he still asks her of me...thanks once more dear

(1) (Reply)

(pics) Have You Heard About PMCA ( pPimp My Crib Africa) / British Husband Of Murdered Nigerian Prostitute: "She Used To Drag Me To Church" / Has Any One Heard About Cryptocurrency And Bitcoin Before. How Real Is It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.