Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) (26285 Views)

Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by LaurelP(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
mrking3:
most folks working in Big coys today were once a biginner! They started somewhere! I read a success story of one of my twitter followers today how he rose from being a mere sales Rep with paultry salary as a Bsc holder as at 2011 but today, within the shortest period of 4yrs or there about, he's now the Head of Operations and National sales manager for SLOT systems (mobile phones). See, let me tell you bluntly, Nigeria isn't a country where you think you can automatically get your career job after school. Most bankers today aren't career bankers by profession! That's a pointer to the fact why you find Geologist, pharmacist lawyers etc working in Banking Halls. I never planned going into marketing or sales coz its far from my Passion! But due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to go into it! With full spirit and gradually, I build a career in it! Till date, I still apply for Higher Roles in same industry! My dear, it only takes the Grace of Almighty God to get something good just after passing out! There's no way you'll tell me that he wount make out time for Interviews! That's a crappy excuse! Even bankers as tight as their job is, still make out time for Job Interviews.

Oga your last paragraph is a big lie.
There are jobs you do that don't even give you time for yourself talk more of interviews.
You see its not always about money, its more about his future career prospects.

I will never advise someone to take a job he's not happy about. Its one of the greatest health and happiness killers, working in a job you're not happy about. No matter the money.

The boy stays with his folks, clearly they are not too bothered about him getting a job, he's just 25. The best thing for him is to sharpen his employability skills, take courses, computer skills.
The job will come, even if it's not in a bank or oil company, he will get a job.
But telling him to quickly grab a crappy job that will do nothing more than waste his time is inappropriate.

my opinion

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
Some guys are too obsessed about this class of a thing and remain jobless for centuries

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by duduade: 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
So where is the Op to give answers to the vital questions asked by fellow Nairalanders....??
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Revolva(m): 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
30k wey some pple de take buy two bottle of champagne....30k wey we de almost finish for table....or even some olosho de ,make a day....kai..na wa oo dis country is n ever a honest place to be born...

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by comradee1248: 11:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
Cutehector:
If u apply for jobs with ur "2nd class upper" mentality, u will stay jobless all ur life

U bera throway ur certificate and hustle out there.

Buhari has one school cert and he is d president of nigeria!
thank you very much for this comment... Let d guy know say 2.1 o or what so ever he has is no more relevant in the labour market, every employer is hustling 2 reduce cost, he should be happy he has a 1st degree chikena, and if he feel he deserve a better pay no 1 will invite him for interview talk less of giving him a job...

As far as 2.1 is concern in the labour market, its the employers of labour that has 2.1 others na just 1st degree chikena
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by 400billionman: 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
macklef:
Guy listen to my advice.

Take the job on only 2 grounds
1. If it has a bearing with what you studied in school. U garner experience
2. If your cost of transporting/feeding urself does not exceed the salary itself.

Dont Take the job on 2 grounds
1. If it does not have a bearing with what u studied and its a job that requires u
Treking under d hot sun
2.. If you dont mind sleeping at home instead of going for that job.

How many people are feeding with what they studied in school ?

So if he is an Engr and assuming thats a contract bank marketing job, he shouldnt take it ?
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Vomm: 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
Wait ooooo, the OP sef no tell us wetin him read make we for take know. How to advise am cos 2;1 in yoruba linguistics dey different from. 2:1 in engineering. The environment u are staying too matters, u can't be living in Abuja or PH and be asking for people's advise cos someone staying in Ilorin or Ede will want tto take a 30k salary job cos in such places,with mama put 100 u are filled coupled with 100 T fare daily. Please, specify what u read as an undergraduate and let's know how to advise u.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by 400billionman: 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Revolva:
30k wey some pple de take buy two bottle of champagne....30k wey we de almost finish for table....or even some olosho de ,make a day....kai..na wa oo dis country is n ever a honest place to be born...

Use am help people.

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
Fraih:
You wrote like someone who attended or listened to 'Koinonia' smiley
so I dont know who or what that is but with the smiley i guess it good.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Akosxxx(m): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
Before clicking on the link, i laughed hard & thought people will advise not to take the job but on the other hand, alot advised him taking it.
Im not in the Labour market tho but from the comments I've read, i can only but cry for Nigeria. I reject this., when I'm thru i ll be gainfully employed and well paid *thaz my prayer*
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by flokii: 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
nawa o...

I think drivers collect a minimum of 40k per month now, talk more of a.2:1 grad.

it is well with Naija

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Mostprecious(f): 11:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
No, don't settle for less, it myt tie u down nd u myt be so busy dat u won't be able to attend interviews. Since u jst passed out last year, frm SAED u shud hv deviced a strategy on being ur own boss, wat re dose tins u hv passion for?

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
comradee1248:
so u think say na degree grade dey give job abi? If he's brilliant enough with a 2.1 he should create jobs and give others with 2.2, 3rd class, pass etc better stop deceiving urselves 1st degree na 1st degree no be say what amount is good for so and so degree grade.... As far as uя not brilliant enough 2 create job and employ others uя 2.1 or what ever u call it na mare rubbish it only exist in a paper
who is talking abt class and degree here? did i mention it in my post. lets face it 30k is too small, all I am saying is that he should not have a slave mentality. how can someone use the word 'lucky' in this situation? he will only set himself up for abuse that will kill his self esteem in no time. he can take the job but let him know in his mind that he deserves and can get something better....#saynotomediocrity
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Femich18(m): 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
Guy take up ds Job offer, Smtimes its not about d money Atleast u gonna gain some experience that can count for you in future. BTW u can also meet d right person that will propel u to d top. That may not come if you Sit in ur Dad's house.

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by konny1(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
kayoade09:
Good evening fellow nairalanders....... I finished my NYSC on 15th of October and fortunately for me, I got my offer letter last week. The total payoff after a month is 30k, I'm to resume on monday but some of my siblings advised me not to accept the offer because I am a second class upper student(B.SC) and I'm less than 24. Probably a better offer will come in because I'm still in the employment age cycle. Pls advice me on this cos I dont knw wen that better offer will come in and another believe I have is that half bread is better than none.

Bros to be sincere the money is very low, but everything depend on u. What are looking for in life?, where do u want to be in next 2year both career n academic wise? Will this job help me in achieving my dreams, goals etc. I graduated with 2:2 after my NYSC I got a job of 40k just becos I know my mission on earth I accepted the offer and I also believe dat I will get better offer in less the 6months but unfortunately I ended up sending 1yr n 3months but at last I got anther job with over 200k and currently am doing my masters.

Answer those questions before accepting the offer if it will help u in life, then
Talk to the MD in person concerning the salary and hear what he or she will say.

Let just add these;
In life don't look desperate when looking for something eg job, life partner etc. Once dey notice hw desperate u are they will take advantage of you.

Build your boldness and confidence these are the keys that will keep u going in life.

patient and perseverance are another key of life Pls have dem.

Be honest and humble.

Above all always pray becos is not always by grade. Grade is just a criteria for selection and screening.
All the best in life.

2 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by izutex007(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
Fraih:

You wrote like someone who attended or listened to 'Koinonia' smiley

that makes us two.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
maiahsaiah:

Even a fool would know that without being told and I know op isn't a fool, how can I then downgrade him to such.
not a fool my dear, a lowlife. only a lowlife with an incredibly low self esteem will call himself or herself lucky because they got a N30K/$150 a month job...smh.
I weep for the Nigerian youth...#saynotomediocrity

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
konny1:

Bros to be sincere the money is very low, but everything depend on u. What are looking for in life?, where do u want to be in next 2year both career n academic wise? Will this job help me in achieving my dreams, goals etc. I graduated with 2:2 after my NYSC I got a job of 40k just becos I know my mission on earth I accepted the offer and I also believe dat I will get better offer in less the 6months but unfortunately I ended up sending 1yr n 3months but at last I got anther job with over 200k and currently am doing my masters.

Answer those questions before accepting the offer if it will help u in life, then
Talk to the MD in person concerning the salary and hear what he or she will say.

Let just add these;
In life don't look desperate when looking for something eg job, life partner etc. Once dey notice hw desperate u are they will take advantage of you.

Build your boldness and confidence these are the keys that will keep u going in life.

patient and perseverance are another key of life Pls have dem.

Be honest and humble.

Above all always pray becos is not always by grade. Grade is just a criteria for selection and screening.
All the best in life.
Exactly, desperate people get abused.

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
kayoade09:
Good evening fellow nairalanders....... I finished my NYSC on 15th of October and fortunately for me, I got my offer letter last week. The total payoff after a month is 30k, I'm to resume on monday but some of my siblings advised me not to accept the offer because I am a second class upper student(B.SC) and I'm less than 24. Probably a better offer will come in because I'm still in the employment age cycle. Pls advice me on this cos I dont knw wen that better offer will come in and another believe I have is that half bread is better than none.
Bsc in what discipline if I may ask?. And to your question, its advisable you go for this rather than sitting at home. Many graduates are out there Fir more than 3 or more years dying to get a job. Remember half a loaf of bread is better than none. Do it for the main time while you get a better job.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by izutex007(m): 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
F22RAPTOR:

koinonia is a ministry headed by Apostle Johnson Selman. He preaches Faith in God, Excellence and the 'fellowship with the Holyspirit' (i.e Koinonia)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Darling4(f): 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hey my friend, first ask yourself what you really want to do or be in the future. How does this job relate to what you want. If the experience will help you later, then take it, give yourself a timeline/deadline within which your would work there to gain the experience, and move on after your deadline whether you get a new job or not. Lingering on sometimes prevent us from putting our energy into getting something better or achieving our dreams. Be a man of purpose who know what he wants and where he is going, and not just a man hopping from job to job just because of pay without a sense of direction.

That is what great and successful people do. Be deliberate with your decisions, let them align with your goals and dreams and you would grow faster. I was in your situation when i finished NYSC, i read Accountancy, but my first job was as a commission sales rep in a pharmaceutical company. my next job was as an audit trainee earning a salary of N20,000 per month, and the next an accountant at N38,000 per month. from there i moved on to earning six figures and today i am an employer of labour. My dream was to own my own company, but i needed this experiences to get there, and i deliberately took this jobs just to gain the experiences to be able to run a standard organisation. I ended up having a knowledge of Marketing, Finance and Management which are critical to the success of any organisation.

Whether you need the money from the job is not the issue, i needed the money at that point too ( i was not born with a silver spoon) but if you focus on that, you will lose direction. Focus on your dreams and goals, pursue them diligently, and money will come.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by calliope(f): 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
Only in Nigeria! Can't wait to gerrrrreout
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
izutex007:

koinonia is a ministry headed by Apostle Johnson Selman. He preaches Faith in God, Excellence and the 'fellowship with the Holyspirit' (i.e Koinonia)
wow..really? i don't know Johnson Selman but i know Johnson Suleman. I guess he is the one. just hearing abt Koinonia for the first time, I'll prolly check it out. I love stuff like that. thanks

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
mrking3:
[b]bros drop this second class upper shit! It wount put food on your table in present day Nigeria. I know a lot of folks with crazy 2.1 still roaming the streets! Thank Goodness that you're still below 26yrs of Age. Atleast, coys like Access Bank, Pwc, Kpmg, Gsk, Uacn, Zenith Bank, Nbc etal, will surely invite you for aptitude Test hence you fall within their requirements. Key Requirements for this coys - (Bsc. 2.1 and 24-26 max, Nysc) even with my 4.23 Cgpa, age denied me acess from applying for job opening with these Great world class firms. Chief, no need to think about taking this offer or not, there's dignity in Labour. Grab this offer fast and build your work experience for Greater opportunity. That's the problem with most Freshers! Everybody wanna start with big coys with big pay with little or no experience. After Nysc, I wasted good 2yrs! Thinking I would get something better with my 2.1 but all to no avail. I had to settle with an 18k marketing job after much! Today, to the Glory of God, I earn Six figures as A sales Person. Take the advice of this honourable house bro! You have to start somewhere! Just as someone here rightly opine! You're lucky to get something immediately after passing out. Its a rare privilege especially at a time most firms are cutting down staff and laying workers off. Peace out Bro![/b]
six figures??.....love that
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by TITOBIGZ(m): 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
kayoade09:
Honestly its not ok,but believe say the God wey do ds one go giv u better one.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Revolva(m): 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
400billionman:

Use am help people.

Oga i no de pick money i de hustle hard for am .....ok......
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by Fraih(f): 12:00am On Jan 08, 2016
F22RAPTOR:

Trust Me it is. Its a series of teachings, in one of them, the preacher talked expressly on the Mediocre mentality

izutex007:

that makes us two.
smiley
pauldon49:

You know koinonia?
Yes smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by godwinony(m): 12:01am On Jan 08, 2016
30k..that's the earning of 3 days of my punting on nairabet and I'm in my final year..therefore, you deserve more.

1 Like

Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by comradee1248: 12:08am On Jan 08, 2016
F22RAPTOR:

who is talking abt class and degree here? did i mention it in my post. lets face it 30k is too small, all I am saying is that he should not have a slave mentality. how can someone use the word 'lucky' in this situation? he will only set himself up for abuse that will kill his self esteem in no time. he can take the job but let him know in his mind that he deserves and can get something better....#saynotomediocrity
ok
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by gmacnoms(m): 12:32am On Jan 08, 2016
No, not @all. Just leave the trash for lawma. I believ der r many lawma graduates who'l jump @ it
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by WaffenSS(m): 12:34am On Jan 08, 2016
promo4:
Take it, while you search for better offers..some people out there started with something way lower than what you have now but their pay has skyrocketed.

True.

In my previous job I started at 30k, in the same company I grew to 322k 7 years later. My first 100k was a year and half after I started.

The experience added value to my CV which led to my current job where I'm very well paid.
Re: Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) by izutex007(m): 12:50am On Jan 08, 2016
F22RAPTOR:

wow..really? i don't know Johnson Selman but i know Johnson Suleman. I guess he is the one. just hearing abt Koinonia for the first time, I'll prolly check it out. I love stuff like that. thanks

***its Apostle Joshua Selman not Johnson Suleiman(Love him too). Search his msgs @ 4shared.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vacancies For Fresh Graduates / My 1 Year Experience With Fortunate Step Resources Makurdi / Recruitment: Police Websites Crash As 8,000 Applicants Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.