Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

The Case For And Against Typing 'amen' To Posts On Facebook - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Case For And Against Typing 'amen' To Posts On Facebook (3325 Views)

How To Add Links To Nairaland Posts / Can You Say Amen To This Valentine Prayer? / Seun Kuti Posts Oshiomhole's N17m Trip To Miami On Twitter To Confirm Or Deny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Case For And Against Typing 'amen' To Posts On Facebook by Kenshinmunac(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
So i was going through my facebook and i saw lots of posts asking me to type amen to distirbing pictures, with lots of comments and likes already, i was troubled deep down so decided to make a research about and i came up with this;
This teaching is not to convince you to stop typing "Amen" to every Facebook, Instagram or Twitter post. However, this is to make the case for and against responding by typing "Amen." You might want to consider what follows.

First of all, when you post something and tell people to type "Amen" to it, it is witchcraft and subtle manipulation. You have taken away the person's free will. When you tell them to share with five friends, then your instruction becomes legalistic because you have assigned a number to your request. If there is power in your post, people will resonate with it and type "Amen" without having been instructed to do so. If people type "Amen" to something that is not according to the word of God, they have become part of whatever they typed "Amen" to.

If your post is according to God's word, you don't need to instruct people to type "Amen" because all of God's word is "yea" whether your friends type "Amen" to it or not. For example, if you post "God is a good God" and then tell someone to type "Amen" to that statement, you are instructing people to do something that God never told them to do. He simply said, "Believe." Too often we think we have to do something physically to let God know we are faithful.

Another thing to consider is that typing "Amen" is not a comment. It is a catch-all response that has become so prominent on social media that people don't even have a thought-provoking comment anymore. They just type "Amen" and believe it fulfills their obligation to spread the gospel. God doesn't care whether you type "Amen" to your friends' post or not. What He does care about is for you to love Him and follow His commands to serve Him and His people.

Often the posts say type "Amen" to be blessed. According to the Bible, that is not the way to get blessed. People often post, "Type 'Amen' and see what will happen." There is nothing divine about typing "Amen" therefore, nothing will happen. People have posted, "If you are not ashamed of Jesus, you will share this." That is not what the Bible says about not being ashamed of the gospel (Romans 1:16) or sharing the gospel (Matthew 28:18-20).

God will not love people more if they type "Amen" to someone's Facebook post about Him. God will not love people less if they don't type "Amen." "Amen" on social media should not take the place of prayer, praise and serving God. Neither should it take the place of assembling yourself with your local assembly (Hebrews 10:25). Unfortunately, some people think typing "Amen" is equivalent to serving God or attending church.

Please Lalasticlala help move this important thread to FP.

Source : http://www.examiner.com/article/the-case-for-and-against-typing-amen-to-posts-on-facebook

Re: The Case For And Against Typing 'amen' To Posts On Facebook by neutrotoba(m): 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
You need a 5 star treatment in a Dubai spa OP.... tanx very much
Re: The Case For And Against Typing 'amen' To Posts On Facebook by donaldking10: 9:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
WARNING GUYS!!
Beware of posts on Facebook that ask you to type "Amen!".
A friend of mine typed "Amen", and disappeared. and till date we have not seen him.
This will never be your portion oo!
Oya Type "Amen" to claim it.
:-).
Re: The Case For And Against Typing 'amen' To Posts On Facebook by Sammyashol(m): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
Thanks jare OP me no dey kuku fall for dem. I wonder wether them dey pay them for the likes and 'amen' comment. lala come see somethin
Re: The Case For And Against Typing 'amen' To Posts On Facebook by jopretty(f): 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
The one that bothers me are those posts you read with such instructions "if you ignore, 7 yrs of curse upon you and your family" "if you don't type 'Amen' your life will be shortened by 20yrs" etc and you see the 'Amens' piling like ofe akwu on ofada rice. Very annoying I tell you.
Re: The Case For And Against Typing 'amen' To Posts On Facebook by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
neutrotoba:
You need a 5 star treatment in a Dubai spa OP.... tanx very much

smiley welcome man, I just uploaded some of the pics guys
#jopretty
#donaldking10
#sammyashol
Re: The Case For And Against Typing 'amen' To Posts On Facebook by Kenshinmunac(m): 10:16am On Jan 09, 2016
Lalastiala, seun, ishilove, mynd44 moderators this is serious, see this image below, should we allow people to keep on typing amen to uno n posts out of fear See this photo below, this is the height of it.

(1) (Reply)

20 Cool Questions To Ask People / The Poorest Man On Earth(chapter 1: Full Blooded Nigerian) / HELP. Where Can I Get PES 2013 Blueetooth(multiplayer) For My Nokia C2-00

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.