Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed (1627 Views)

She Loves Me But I'm not Sure I Do Love Her / I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. / Am A Muslim And She Is A Christian,advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by Loots: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
There is a guy who i have been with for a long period of time and we have been dating for about 2 years, and i consider him my prince charming. We have been friends since childhood and we have always liked each other. He is a very good person and the kind i desire for a husband but however, he is a Christian and I am not Christian. My parents wont have me marry a Christian.

When we started, I told him about our religious differences, he said he didn't care and neither do I but my parents do. His parents on the other hand, are okay with it but mine, No! And ever since I've been with him, I shut the door against other men and never gave any other man the chance or attention.

I don't know what to do about this as my friends are saying I should ignore my parents and just go ahead with marriage in a simple way and I have been considering it because he has everything i want in a man and also, he has been around since we were in our cradle so i know him in and out. He is already excited and making arrangements as he proposed to me, and I said yes only for my mother to say "No, I won't endorse it". It would break him if i suddenly turn everything the other way around and say "I changed my mind" so i don't know how to go about this. He also has a heart condition so breaking such news might hurt him and I am hoping there is a way to workaround this.

please mature advice.
Thanks
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by slim19(m): 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
You're in a real f.ucked up situation... I've got no advice embarassed
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by oshinadekunle(m): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
Children obey thy father and thy mother, so pray to God to cool temper ur mama heart
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
Take YOYO Bitters! First thing in the morning
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by Ginaz(f): 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
slim19:
You're in a real f.ucked up situation... I've got no advice embarassed

Seconded embarassed
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by ikbnice(m): 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
you shouldnt have allowed the relationship grow that old. That was the mistake on your part. Never start a war you cant win, they say. Thread carefully! Ma-a-sallam.
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
@Above.. smh

@Op, all i can say is: If you really love him like that and mum says No, GO FOR IT! Women without Mother and Father get married. Be with the man you love. Your mum would soon leave this world(No Offense) and it would be you alone so don't let her determine your destiny as you have a long life ahead of you. You are your own person. She has done her job as "Mum" to bring you up to the woman that you are today and thats it.. She cannot determine your love.

If you love him, marry him like that.. In Olamide's Voice:

The Relationship for the past 2 years was a hit
Back 2 Back
From everything.. to everything...
Yet, mummy says NO!
Marriage Without Mummy ti Take over..
.....(You know the rest) lol

1 Like

Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by naijaboiy: 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
oshinadekunle:
Children obey thy father and thy mother, so pray to God to cool temper ur mama heart
Even when their rules will cause unhappiness and discomfort in your own life?

You see what religion does to people that follow it blindly?undecided
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by jmichlins(m): 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
I don't know why some theist will think they know the only way to God. My God is too big for a path to lead to him. Having said that I blame you for giving away 2yrs of ya life to something you don't want to do. Your parents can't stop you if you truly willing to marry him
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by slim19(m): 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ginaz:

Seconded embarassed
we agreed on something today cheesy tongue
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by gratefulheart(m): 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
Better get people to apply to your parent because you will need their consent.

If you don't marry the guy, my dear you have miss you beloved husband. According to your story, I strongly believe this you soul mate.

Both of you deserve to be happy. I have seen the same happen to some people...they married someone else and all are now divorced because they were happy with who they eventually married to.

Pray, get people to apply to your parent and enjoy your life.
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by Hadez(f): 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
naijaboiy:

Even when their rules will cause unhappiness and discomfort in your own life?

You see what religion does to people that follow it blindly?undecided

U think that's the point . believing and Following blindly.
Have you seen Christ before? No but you believe and follow blindly
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by naijaboiy: 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hadez:

U think that's the point . believing and Following blindly.
Have you seen Christ before? No but you believe and follow blindly
And you know I believe in Christ how? undecided
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by Hadez(f): 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
naijaboiy:

And you know I believe in Christ how? undecided
lucky guess. Am I right?
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by naijaboiy: 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hadez:
lucky guess. Am I right?
you mayn't be.
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by opyzy(m): 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
don't let your parents and religion ruin your relationship, you have your own life to live!
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by Niyeal(m): 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ur parent must b an Alfa. But try to convince him wit ur behaviour
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by ORACLE1975(m): 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kool
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by Hadez(f): 11:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
naijaboiy:

you mayn't be.
I knew I was right. You could have give me a blunt answer if you weren't cheesy
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by natureem: 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
dear OP, your situation is a very delicate one. Firstly, it's your life and that's what matter. So do your best to be happy. If you choose to obey your mum to let go and problem starts with your new found love (God forbid) she won't be there for ever to solve them for you. She'll only tell you to keep coping with it. so...if you love and trust him to be ever loving and caring like now, Its a YES from me. Your mum will understand.
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by damilareoye: 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
so complicated.
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by natureem: 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
For how long are we going to be loosing future homes that are built on love and oneness in the name of religion
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by naijaboiy: 11:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hadez:
I knew I was right. You could have give me a blunt answer if you weren't cheesy
Ok.
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by numericalguy(m): 12:08am On Jan 08, 2016
Dear OP,

Are you a Muslim lady? If yes, I would advice to never ever leave your religion for anything in this world because its not worth it.

Please beware of some of the people you call friends, why would your so called friends be encouraging you to disobey your parents.
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by Loots: 12:11am On Jan 08, 2016
I'm not a Muslim.

I do not wish to disobey my parents and at the same time I do not wish to loose my love
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by zeetyzin(m): 12:26am On Jan 08, 2016
Loots:
I'm not a Muslim.

I do not wish to disobey my parents and at the same time I do not wish to loose my love
Ure not xtian, and u rnt muslim as well..
Well, I'm confused.
Explain pls
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by polariss(m): 12:41am On Jan 08, 2016
I only see two doors open
Please ursef,get married him n offend ur parents

Heed ur parent and offend "romeo"
Either way,someones getting hurt
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by publicenemy(m): 1:56am On Jan 08, 2016
Loots:
There is a guy who i have been with for a long period of time and we have been dating for about 2 years, and i consider him my prince charming. We have been friends since childhood and we have always liked each other. He is a very good person and the kind i desire for a husband but however, he is a Christian and I am not Christian. My parents wont have me marry a Christian.

When we started, I told him about our religious differences, he said he didn't care and neither do I but my parents do. His parents on the other hand, are okay with it but mine, No! And ever since I've been with him, I shut the door against other men and never gave any other man the chance or attention.

I don't know what to do about this as my friends are saying I should ignore my parents and just go ahead with marriage in a simple way and I have been considering it because he has everything i want in a man and also, he has been around since we were in our cradle so i know him in and out. He is already excited and making arrangements as he proposed to me, and I said yes only for my mother to say "No, I won't endorse it". It would break him if i suddenly turn everything the other way around and say "I changed my mind" so i don't know how to go about this. He also has a heart condition so breaking such news might hurt him and I am hoping there is a way to workaround this.

please mature advice.
Thanks

ur life ur decisions
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by likila: 2:11am On Jan 08, 2016
how deep is your love?
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by TheGeneral1(m): 2:14am On Jan 08, 2016
If you a Muslim, you can't marry without the blessings of your parents.
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by itstpia8: 2:40am On Jan 08, 2016
so what's your religion which nobody has heard of before?
Re: He Is A Christian, I Like Him But I'm Not Christian. Advice Needed by Supremor(m): 4:46am On Jan 08, 2016
If you truly love him then go ahead and marry him, your parents shouldn't determine your marital fate

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'll Be Wooing Her This Night. Please Suggest To Me Some Good Lines / I Need Seyi Shay's Lips Around My _cock As Fast As Possible / Tglf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.