Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Palingenesis - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Palingenesis (39701 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palingenesis by Alezy(m): 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2016
Rukkydelta:

What ?
nothing. ..just passing

1 Like

Re: Palingenesis by bellovers(m): 2:41am On Jan 12, 2016
Clear the road for bellovers oo, Donkross my brother abeg no vex say I just they show, been very busy over here. Make I sit down sharply, no time.
Re: Palingenesis by bellovers(m): 2:47am On Jan 12, 2016
Maggielovely:
Abeg, whr re odas nah? Oya Mattkent, Heemah, DandyPearl, Sageez, Afz9095, Girlhaley, Calmdove, Bellovers, Safarigirl, Boyo123 nd so on, anoda update z here 4 u 2 enjoy.
I Don arrive. thanks dear
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 6:55am On Jan 12, 2016
bellovers:
Clear the road for bellovers oo, Donkross my brother abeg no vex say I just they show, been very busy over here. Make I sit down sharply, no time.

Welcome my bruh wink
Re: Palingenesis by kingphilip(m): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2016
Maggielovely:
Pls Im on d look out 4 d kind of love dat Ajadi z having 4 Omolabake
I'm here if u mind though

1 Like

Re: Palingenesis by heemah(f): 11:22am On Jan 12, 2016
kingphilip:
**just passing by tho** well done oooo
Re: Palingenesis by bellovers(m): 11:34am On Jan 12, 2016
donkross1:

Welcome my bruh wink
Bonjour!!!
Re: Palingenesis by bellovers(m): 11:34am On Jan 12, 2016
donkross1:

Welcome my bruh wink
Bonjour!!!
Re: Palingenesis by labaski(f): 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
its better late than never.. thanks for d mention dear.. but them why d ogbanje cum dey bear omolabake nah.. Na wa for u oo
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 12:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
labaski:
its better late than never.. thanks for d mention dear.. but them why d ogbanje cum dey bear omolabake nah.. Na wa for u oo

grin cheesy grin shey na me be her papa ni. No be me name her na
Re: Palingenesis by kingphilip(m): 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
heemah:

**just passing by tho** well done oooo
this one wey u de trek come make I give u a ride nw

Hw have u been dear
Re: Palingenesis by Orlolahdey(f): 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
Ki lon shele ni bi ooo?...well let me find out
Re: Palingenesis by Jaytoy(f): 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
I clear throat. Donkross1 na so u dey call register u no call me. U start u no inform me. In fact........ Anyway I done carry my chair come with my gala and boost. In fact palmi join..... Oya continue. Where u stop sef...... Nice one thumbs up WA waiting grin grin
Re: Palingenesis by Jaytoy(f): 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
Wey Olori oko bambam.... Mattkent
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
[b] ***Unknown Time***

Ajadi woke up barely remembering anything that happened last night, he thought he was in his room at his father's house but when his eyes opened widly he was shocked.

How could his room be so rough.

Gradually he started remembering that he has left his nice room and house for an excuse of a hut, everything seem to be damaged, damaged roof, damaged window the only good thing in the room is Labake who he is not even seeing on her side where she slept, he stood up to go look for Labake only to get outside to see Labake dancing again.

Dancing to no tune, she was so enjoying it. Ajadi stood at the door trying to understand what is really happening, he decided not to intervene, after Labake danced for a long period of time, then she started waving her hand like she was bidding some people goodbye.

But there is no one here, who is she waving to, could it be that those are the people beating spiritual drums for her, is she really an emere, what is really happening.

As soon as she stopped waving, she fell down lifelessly and fainted.

Ajadi ran to where she was and rushed her inside.

He was out of ideas because he doesn't even know what happened.

What is happening, what have I gotten myself into, what will I do.

He ran outside to get water to sprinkle on Labake but before he got back, she was awake.

Labake you scared me, what happened out there, why were you dancing alone.

That is not the question you are supposed to ask me, the question you are supposed to ask is who am I' she said .

For the first time in his life. He was scared.

*** Present Day (Lagos State) ***

Woman, have always told you not to disturb me, when the time is right I will take our children home but now is not the time.

What do you mean now is not the time, you won't even allow them to meet their extended family, this is just not fair o Papa Ben, it's not fair at all and speaking of children when was the last time you called Ben to ask him how he is fairing.

Mama Ben please don't pressure me and if it's about calling Ben, I will call him right away he said and brought out his phone and dialled a number .
Hello Dad...
Boy how are you and how is studies....
Fine dad, how is mum and everyone sir....
We are all fine my son, we thank God....
And how is work also....
Fine oo, you know police work never change until you retire, hold on for your mum.....
Hello my wonderful son.....
Hello mum how are you doing, have missed you ooo....
Am fine my son, I have missed you too, I hope you are coping, hope no problem....
Yes mum, Mum I have to go now, the lecturer just entered the class. Take care of yourself. Love you Mum.

(Gwagalada Abuja)

Na game wey you wan play be the lecturer abi, Chaii your parents no get pikin sha' Isaac teased.

Idiot your papa wey be pastor na hin see pikin born abi, children of Eli better pass you hundred times' Ben fired back.

They kept on playing the PS3 video game without saying a word to each other, the game was more like a battle because at the end of the game, anyone who wins will make jest of the loser for the rest of the day so they were both focused on winning until a knock on the door distracted them.

Ohhh God una no get una room, una wan kan start una argument abi 'Ben kept nagging thinking it was their friends staying in the student villa with them but was caught unawares when he saw who was at the door.

And is that how you will keep staring at us' Clarieta.

Am sorry I am just surprised, you guys should come inside please 'Ben ushered them in.

Thank God they managed to arrange their room before they started playing game.

Hi Isaac ' Clarieta and Ejiro chorused.

Hi pretty girls' Isaac replied with his forming accent, what can we offer you girls.

Ogbono soup' they chorused once again.

Ogbono soooup Isaac asked surprised, who's gonna cook that one for you guys he continued.

Ben told me he knows how to cook ogbono very well na 'as soon as Ejiro said this, Isaac fell to the ground and started laughing uncontrollably like that demon in mount zion movies.

Ben you lied to me 'Ejiro asked. All along Ben just focused on the TV game like he didn't understand what they were saying but when Ejiro called his name, he had no choice but to say something.

Baby it's not like I lied to you, it's just that i i ....hey Isaac will you stop laughing now, wetin dey worry you na.

No vex No vex he can cook ogbono very well oo but our gas cooker is broken so how about we just get you some snacks' Isaac cuts in and covered up for Ben.

"Okay that one sef dey, Ben and Ejiro should go and buy it, Isaac restart the game let's play" said Clarieta

You know how to play soccer game 'Isaac asked.

I bet you will know the answer to that question at the end of the game. Ben and Ejiro left the room without arguing because it's a good excuse for them to be left alone and have some private discussion.

Ejiro there's something have been wanting to tell you, ever since the very first day we started talking in class, have always felt this thing in my heart, at first I thought it was just something that will come and go. Over time it kept on growing and growing and now it's become a burden to my heart, it's choking me inside, I don't know how long I can survive with this pain in my heart. Left to me I wouldn't want to fall in love anymore because my heart has been broken so many times and am scared it won't survive another heartbreak.

Please Ejiro , he draws her and keeps eye contact with her, his face was so sober and emotional you would know he has watched so many romantic movies.

Ejiro I want you to my queenn, I want you to be my lover and don't tell me you want to think it over because am not sure my heart will be able to survive till tomorrow if you don't give me an answer now and a positive one at that.

Ejiro took a deep breath and also tried to assimilate and comprehend all the things Ben just said and when she realised he was still waiting for her to say something she cleared her throat.

Ben you are really living me with few options right now, you don't want me think it over and you don't want me to give you a negative answer, whatelse can I say, I will only give you the answer you want on one condition which is that you will promise me not to break my heart.

I promise you baby I will never break your heart and I will always love you.

Okay then it's a yes, they sealed it with a kiss.

They were both happy that they were about to start the happiest part of their lives not really knowing what destiny and faith holds for them.

They got to where they bought the snack and returned back home.

They didn't bother knocking the door and they caught Isaac and Clarieta who were in a deep romance unawares, Isaac was kissing Clarieta all over her face and she was moaning so emotionally.

It took them a few minutes to notice the presence of Ben and Ejiro, and they immediately untangled and felt shy.

Ben and Ejiro both pretended like nothing happened.

They all ate in silence and almost immediately after their snacks and drinks, Clarieta told Ejiro that they should start leaving, the boys walked them out and bade them goodbyes.

Ben and Isaac walked home not saying a word to each for the rest of the day, seems like there is love in the air because Ben is in love with Ejiro while Isaac is in love with Clarieta.

If and only if they knew what this love brings along, they wouldn't have ventured into it.

[/b]
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
Jaytoy:
I clear throat. Donkross1 na so u dey call register u no call me. U start u no inform me. In fact........ Anyway I done carry my chair come with my gala and boost. In fact palmi join..... Oya continue. Where u stop sef...... Nice one thumbs up WA waiting grin grin

Chaii babes abeg no vex for me.
Re: Palingenesis by komzyb(f): 2:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
Odikwa serious..uncle continue
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
komzyb:
Odikwa serious..uncle continue

smiley wink
Re: Palingenesis by bellovers(m): 7:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
prince olu olutosin I hail o
Re: Palingenesis by Sageez(m): 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
donkross1 what happened to the use of ""? Abeg no fall hands o. Where is damyam? Kross have you invite Blessing? You remember that blessing girl, the one we were struggling @ Mattkent's thread, please invite here. Cherrybrown, abeg show your face
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 8:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
Sageez:
donkross1 what happened to the use of ""? Abeg no fall hands o. Where is damyam? Kross have you invite Blessing? You remember that blessing girl, the one we were struggling @ Mattkent's thread, please invite here. Cherrybrown, abeg show your face

Lol "" is noted.

Damyem you mean and the girl's name should be Blessinzy.
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 8:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
bellovers:
prince olu olutosin I hail o

I hail you pass paddy mii.
Re: Palingenesis by bellovers(m): 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
donkross1:

I hail you pass paddy mii.
Donkross abeg gimme links to story wey sweet die for literature section wey I fit read later
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 10:58pm On Jan 13, 2016
bellovers:
Donkross abeg gimme links to story wey sweet die for literature section wey I fit read later

Go read all of Royver 's and Kayemjay 's stories cheesy
Re: Palingenesis by Sageez(m): 6:09am On Jan 14, 2016
donkross1:

Lol "" is noted.

Damyem you mean and the girl's name should be Blessinzy.
yeah! That's the name. Damyem sweet, where are you? Blessingz you have been mentioned so show your face
Re: Palingenesis by cherrybrown(f): 6:14am On Jan 14, 2016
Sageez:
Thank you
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 8:09am On Jan 14, 2016
[b]So much time has passed but the lovebirds didn't realise it, the love has blinded them so much they didn't know exam is just around the corner.

Nothing much has happened except for the group lovers coming and going to visit each other, going to some cool spots to hangout, going to classes and leaving classes together, they were all so in love one couldn't tell who is inlove the most and the least.

Isaac and Ben also saw their relationship like the video game they play, it was like a competition for them. If Isaac should buy a pair of shoes for Clarieta today, Ben will buy for Ejiro tomorrow, if Ben should buy chocolate for Ejiro today, Isaac will buy for Clarieta tomorrow but the truth of the matter is they love those pretty girls and the girls love em back.

They enjoyed every tiny bit of the sweet part of their relationships just as if they knew the bitter part was gonna come at the end.

It all started on the day of their first paper, the whole class is so silent you would think there was nobody there whereas people are in there but are only busy with their exam.

Some trying to crack their skull to remember what they read, some trying to remember what the lecturer said when he was teaching the topic because they didn't write it down.

Some are just there waiting for a miracle to happen and the intelligent ones are done writing already, the circle of intelligent ones fortunately includes Ben, Isaac, Ejiro and Clarieta, only God knows if they really wrote the right thing because none of them really studied for the exam, they have been done writing for a while, they were only winking and making gestures at each other.

Clarieta signaled to them that they should go and submit but they refused, more like they were enjoying the atmosphere in the class because it was so serene .

Clarieta stood up and submitted hers which left the boys with no option than to go submit because they know what Clarieta will do to them if they keep her waiting, they both stood up and submitted, and now they are waiting outside for Ejiro.

She reluctantly stood up to go submit, one would think she was actually craving for attention as usual, she is regarded as the mourinho of their class because she always wants to be the highlight of the class everyday, but this case was different, she was actually feeling weak, she couldn't really say for sure what is wrong with her.

She got to the front desk and submitted.

Just as she was about to take another step, she fell down unconsciously and ...............

***Unknown time***
It is now almost 2 full moons that Ajadi has been staying with Labake, their love is now the talk of the town, many people still claimed that Ajadi is under a spell, some people said what he feels for the girl is true love while some people just chose to ignore the matter.

Ajadi and Labake are coming back from the stream and they seem to be having the time of their lives, the joy on their faces cannot be over emphasised. It is now a daily routine to wake in the morning, cook together, fetch firewood together, fetch water together, and do all sort of things together like real and best couples.

Ajadi has no more friends or family except for Labake, the last time he went to the palmwine hut, everybody ran away from him including the palmwine seller, ever since then he has promised not to go there again.

The whole village ignored and stayed away from them like plague, none of these affected Ajadi because to him Omolabake is worth all the troubles and even more, he was truly in love. Nothing in this world could stop his love for Labake, not even after what Labake told her the other day.

*flashback to the day Labake fainted*

"Labake what do you mean I Should ask you who you are, are you truly what people say you are, all those things they said about you, are they all true" Said Ajadi.

Yes they are true but not all, it's true that I am an Emere' Labake was about to continue but Ajadi cuts in.

"Please say no more, I don't want to listen to any of that, I don't believe in such and even if it's true, I really don't care, I love you regardless of who and what you are" he said.

As soon as he was done talking, he kissed her and went out.

Later that night, Ajadi came inside and met Labake serving his food, he was so happy because he was really hungry.

He ate to his satisfaction and by the way he devoured the food, you wouldn't need to ask him if the meal was sumptuous. Labake served him water and knelt down in front of him.

"Ohh what a wonderful choice have made, this woman is a real definition of a virtuous woman" he said in his mind.

I didn't kill my mother, sister and brothers but my friends did' Labake started.

My friends in the spiritual realm, the ones that always sing and dance with me all those times you saw me dancing alone.

They realised I was beginning to love my mother and siblings and so they decided to kill them because they knew if I love anyone on this earth, it won’t be easy to leave the earth at my appointed time.

"And when is your appointed time" Ajadi asked.

It was supposed to be on the eve of my 21st birthday, but since that day wasn't a day of joy to me or anyone around me, they decided to leave me. They can only take me away on a day of joy' She replied. That is why am scared Ajadi, I don't want them to kill you because of me.

"Does that mean you are beginning to love me" he asked.

She didn't reply, only covered her face with her hands to signify that she was shy.

Ajadi jumped with joy, he was so happy, he kissed her and one thing led to another, you know the rest.

***flashback's over ***

They got home with almost half of the water they both fetched because they were busy playing, chatting, running after each other on their way back home.

Ajadi dropped his calabash and helped Labake drop hers when she immediately ran to a corner to vomit.

He rushed to her and gave her some water to rinse her mouth and wash her face with.

"Labake that's the third one this morning, what is wrong with you" said Ajadi .

"I think I am ermmmm, errmmm pregnant" She stuttered actually expecting Ajadi to get angry, flair up and abandon her but there was a swollen silence, none of them moved or talked and all of a sudden he swept her from the floor into his arms.

'Blessed be the gods, I will be a father, yees yees' Ajadi shouted at the top of his voice.

Labake was just laughing like an innocent small girl who's been swung by her father, Ajadi was so happy.

Little did he know that his joy will be shortlived by the spiritual forces.

[/b]
Re: Palingenesis by WCUB3(m): 9:15am On Jan 14, 2016
You are doing a good job. Waiting to see how you will link up the "Present day" and the "Unknown time".
Following
Re: Palingenesis by girlhaley(f): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
Walks in majestically

*tho am late*

Gbam!!! This is really interesting and lovely

Rukkydelta,Dandypearl,maggielovely,bellovers

I sight yah
Re: Palingenesis by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
kingphilip:
Okay O buh will do as if I didnt c anytin
Re: Palingenesis by kingphilip(m): 4:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
Maggielovely:
Okay O buh will do as if I didnt c anytin
but at least u can see the number on my signature

Chat me up den
Re: Palingenesis by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
kingphilip:
but at least u can see the number on my signature

Chat me up den
Swry Im nt on whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 / Wole Soyinka: I Will Not Destroy My US Residential Permit Just Yet. / Naughty By Choice (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.