Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Palingenesis - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Palingenesis (39647 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
rodhy:
donkross plz just one more update wink

grin make mesef wink you back wink.

mhiz:
kross cuman update na

kiss

Jaytoy:
Donkross what im i going to do to u? U wan kill person with suspence?

kiss

Sageez:
Donkross1 you've really improved. Ride on bro.

Oshey bawse

Tife101:
Nice one donkroos. I'm finkin this Beatrice is not real ooo. Maybe another form of Clarieta.

Them no tell me that one oo grin

d4real890:
dankross1 I'm really loving it how u are twisting us here keep it up......buh pls dont forget to give us more update ooooo
God bless you. .God bless Nairalanders

Amen ooo smiley
Re: Palingenesis by Rukkydelta(f): 7:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
I'll always keep on loving this story
Re: Palingenesis by NidaxJ(m): 7:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
donkross don't kill person fr here with suspense.
Re: Palingenesis by rodhy(f): 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
grin make mesef wink you back wink.
this ur shakara is getting too much o tongue
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
[b]

"I don't think I need to send you a memo to remind you about how I set my examination questions because you all should be conversant with it by now, if you study as you are supposed to and you know everything you are supposed to know then you will definitely have no problem writing my exam. For those who think they can't study enough or are not brilliant enough to write the exams, you know how we do it, come and see me in my office so we can talk about it" said Mallam Jibril and as soon as he was done addressing the class, he packed his textbooks and left.

Mallam Jibril is one of the lecturers taking the economics students, he is well known for his corrupt ways, if not the most corrupt then he should be among the most corrupt lecturers in the whole of the school. He is a man that wouldn't be less than 50 years old in age but he still enjoys flirting around female students who are young enough to be his daughter. All the students are aware that you cannot only read and think you will pass his exam, you must sort his course before you can pass.

'Sort' is the slang students use in referring to bribing a lecturer to pass his/her course but in Mallam Jibril's case, the girls can either sort him by cash or by having an affair with him while the boys can only sort him strictly by money.

"Guy make we go chop for cafeteria before the next lecture start" Ben said to Isaac who was behind him sitting beside Ejiro.

"Olboi I no get money oo, na you go pay" Isaac asked.

"You dey craze, I tell you say na you wan pay before" he replied and stood up to leave.

"Ejiro I want to go and eat, I will see you when I get back" Isaac said to Ejiro and left the class.

"Olboi you no even greet Ejiro at all" Isaac asked Ben as they were walking down to the cafeteria.

"I don greet her when we been jam for gate this morning" Ben replied like he didn't want to speak further on it and Isaac perfectly understood and hence he didn't probe further.

They haven't gone far from the class when they heard a feminine voice calling there names, they turned towards the direction where the voice was coming from and they realised it was Beatrice. They tarried for her to catch up with them.

"Where are you guys going to" she asked as she hugged the both of them.

"We are going to the cafeteria" Isaac replied.

"Ohh but can I talk to you for a minute" she said to Isaac.

"I will just be under that tree" Ben said to them and excused himself.

He walked down to the tree and sat down on a small piece of wood facing their lecture room. Coincidentally Ejiro also walked outside the lecture room and looked straight to where Ben was and immediately looked away. Ben kept looking towards her side and at that moment he realised how deeply he must have hurt her, he remembered all the moments they spent together, he felt guilty for all the pains he must have made her go through. He decided to walk towards her and see if they could talk things out.

As he was about to cross to meet her, he was obstructed by a car that suddenly pulled up infront of him. It's Anne's car.

"Where are you going to in such a hurry" Anne asked with a straightface.

"Errmm Errmm We are going to the Cafeteria" he stammered.

"And why are you heading towards that direction" she asked suspiciously pointing towards where Ejiro was standing.

"What directio...." Ben raised his head to where she pointed to and wanted to reply but he couldn't finish the sentence.

He ran across the road without looking for oncoming cars, he ran towards where Ejiro was standing, she was lying down on the ground now. Isaac who saw Ben running like a mad man ran after him without even knowing why Ben was running.

"What happened to her" Isaac shouted when he saw Ejiro lying on the floor.

"She fainted again" Ben shouted back to reply.

They both lifted her and rushed towards where Anne's car was. Anne who had also realised what happened ran out of the car to open the back door and then rushed back to ignite the car. Ben and Isaac laid her in the back seat, Ben sat beside her and Isaac ran to sit in the front.

It all happened so fast that Beatrice couldn't even move or ask what was happening, before she could realise what was happening, Anne has already drove out of the school compound.

Anne drove so fast that even the best racer in the movie fast and furious will have to give his best to beat her in a race at that very moment. In a twinkle of an eye, they were already in the University of Abuja teaching hospital. The nurses rushed her in with a stretcher and instructed them to wait at the waiting room.

After they waited for a long time, the doctor came out from the room they carried her to.

"Doctor what's the situation right now, is she alright" Ben asked as they all rushed to where the doctor was.

"It's like she hit her head on a very hard substance when she fainted which has made her fall into coma" said the doctor.

"Coma" they all screamed

"The coma is not what you guys should be worried about right now" doctor

"What then should we be worried about then" Isaac inquired

"About what has been causing her to faint" he replied

"And what is that" Ben.

"She is suffering from Cardiac arrhythmia" Doctor said

"What's that" Anne asked after what seemed like a long silence.

"It is a group of conditions in which the heartbeat is irregular, too fast, or too slow" the doctor said and when he saw they didn't seem to understand what he's saying, he continued "Many types of arrhythmia have no symptoms. When symptoms are present these may include palpitations or feeling a pause between heartbeats. More seriously there may be lightheadedness, passing out, shortness of breath, or chest pain. While most types of arrhythmia are not serious, some predispose a person to complications such as stroke or heart failure, Others may result in cardiac arrest"

"Isn't she too young for all this terminologies and sicknesses you are calling" Anne asked.

"Yeah it happens mostly to people from age 60 and above but on a rare case like this, it happens amongst young ones" the doctor replied smiling.

"Okay what is the way forward now" Ben

"She needs a surgery as soon as possible" he replied

"Please proceed with the surgery immediately, I will foot all the bills" Anne said.

"The issue now is not about the money alone, it's about the kind of surgery she needs"

"What do you mean by that" Ben asked angrily.

"She needs a heart transplant" the doctor replied with a serious look this time.

"Heart transplant" they all chorused.

[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palingenesis by Missmossy(f): 2:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
Chai!!!

This is getting serious. Nice one Donkross.
Re: Palingenesis by NidaxJ(m): 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ejiro let me donate my heart fr u.
Re: Palingenesis by Boldstar(m): 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
Gehn gehn!!!

Donkross, you must compile this into a book o.
Re: Palingenesis by dimssy(m): 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
Come carry my own heart give her.
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 5:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
Missmossy:
Chai!!!

This is getting serious. Nice one Donkross.

Thanks pretty one.

dimssy:
Come carry my own heart give her.

NidaxJ:
Ejiro let me donate my heart fr u.

grin Toor Make I tell doctor say we don get donors na

Boldstar:
Gehn gehn!!!
Donkross, you must compile this into a book o.

Definitely boss cheesy
Re: Palingenesis by aprilwise(m): 4:24am On Feb 08, 2016
Ride on.
Re: Palingenesis by Carlson001(m): 10:01am On Feb 08, 2016
Following
Re: Palingenesis by bellovers(m): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2016
bro mi,no vex say e don tey o. my schedule tight gan. moreover abeg cm update..
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 10:52am On Feb 08, 2016
[b]
They all waited till late in the night to see if Ejiro was gonna wake up from coma but when it was really getting close to midnight, Isaac and Anne decided to go home while Ben volunteered to stay back and keep an eye on her.

Anne dropped Isaac off at his apartment and left for hers, Isaac walked into his compound and was surprised to see the light in his room switched on, he was so sure that he switched the light off before leaving for class in the morning. He walked slowly through the silent compound trying not to make any noise and disturbing the people sleeping. He got to the door and tried opening it without the keys, to his greatest surprise, the door wasn't locked. Never before since he has been living in that apartment has he ever forgotten to lock the door with keys, moreover he was so certain about how he left the house after switching off the light and locking the door. He prayed in his mind that it should just be a case of the locals breaking into his House and nothing more.

He entered the house slowly and saw that the room was just as he left it in the morning, all his furnitures and electronics were intact, he wondered if he really didn't lock the door or something wasn't just right. He left the door opened for him to be able to run out if he sees anything strange, immediately he stepped away from the door, the door closed by itself and clicked like someone just locked it from outside. Fear gripped him, he started feeling cold from the inside, he started struggling to open the door but all his efforts proved fruitless, the door was strongly locked, nevertheless he kept on struggling with the door until he started feeling weak, when he realised he was getting weak he let go off the door but the was still feeling the weakness. Gradually he felt all his body being paralysed, he fell down to the ground and couldn't move his hand, legs or any part of his body except for his eyes and mouth.

"What is happening to me, am I having stroke or what" he said to himself.

"You are not having stroke, you are only feeling all these because I am making you feel so" someone said and it sounded like the voice was coming from the kitchen.

"Who is there" he tried to shout but he couldn't, his voice just came out softly like a whisper.

He started hearing footsteps and knew the person was approaching, he expected the worst but who he saw was far more than the worst he was expecting.

"Hello babe, what are you going to eat tonight now" Anne asked on the other end of the line.

"Babe I can't eat anything tonight but I will be glad if you can make me yam and egg for breakfast tomorrow" Ben replied .

"Okay baby, take care of yourself and I love you" Anne

"I love you too babe" he replied and hung up.

Ben's sitting on a chair close to Ejiro's bed, he was so exhausted to the extent that he was already dozing off until he heard Ejiro's voice.

"You won't understand" Ejiro said

Ben was so happy when he heard the voice, he thought she was out of coma but when he saw that her eyes were still shut, he realised that she was still unconscious. He was still contemplating on whether he should go and summon the doctor or not when he heard her speak again.

"Ajadi my mates are angry with me, they said I have broken the rule by falling in love with you, they have not even talked to me in a while and am scared about what they can do to us" she said unconsciously.

Ben was surprised and afraid at the same time, he remembered the dream Isaac told him about Ejiro referring to him as Ajadi.

"I don't want people to start saying that another person has died because of Omolabake" Ejiro spoke again.

He remembered that Omolabake was the name that Isaac said Ejiro called herself, he also remembered the day he passed out when he was making out with Anne, he remembered he was speaking some strange words unconsciously and also remembered calling out the name Omolabake, he was more certain when Anne confirmed to him that he kept on repeating the name Omolabake.

He began to wonder what's really happening to all of them, wondering if they are all part of the prophecy that strange priest in the village was talking about. He really needed someone to explain this mystery and prophecy' he concluded in his mind.

"How did you get into my house Beatrice and what are you doing to me" Isaac asked still lying paralysed on the floor.

"You can't even recognise me when you see me so how can you make the right decisions. Wait, is it that you really can't remember anything" Said Beatrice.

"What are you saying, I can't make any sense out of everything you just said" Isaac replied.

"What a pity, even if you can't remember anything, it won’t stop me from taking my vengeance on you" she said

"Beatrice what did I do to you, how did I wrong you" he asked pitifully

"Beatrice is no longer here, I am borrowing her body for the time being, as soon as am done with my mission, I will leave" she said smiling.

Looks like she was enjoying the view of him lying down helplessly.

"Who are you" he inquired

"I am Clarieta" she replied nonchalantly

"What in heaven's name are you saying, okay let's even assume that you are Clarieta, what wrong did I do to you, why did you tried to kill me the other day".

"I didn't try to kill you, I killed you. I don't know why that stupid priest revive you" she snapped at him.

"But why" he snapped back

"Because you chose her over me" she said and headed back to the kitchen.

"Chose who, when, where, how" he asked but didn't get any reply.

He started trying to think back and see if he had ever met Clarieta before meeting her in class the other day. He was still thinking it through when he heard the strange voice again.

"Didn't I tell you to be careful and watchful" the strange voice spoke.

He realised it was the voice that called himself Babatunji but he couldn't reply by speaking out loud because he was scared Beatrice or Clarieta as she claimed to be might hear his voice from inside.

"Please help me" he said in his mind hoping that the voice would be able to read his mind.

"I can hear you and yes I have called out for help, let's just hope the help comes before she kills you" the voice replied

"Who did you call for help, is it Ben" he said in his mind again but the voice had gone mute.

Clarieta approached from the kitchen with a cup in her hand. She came closer to where Isaac was lying down and tried to force the substance in the cup down his throat. Suddenly a light shone brightly at a corner of the wall in the room, gradually the light dimmed and the chief priest appeared

[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Palingenesis by aprilwise(m): 11:19am On Feb 08, 2016
The mysteries in dis story is off d hook I can't understand where d story is ending to but just dey follow je je
Re: Palingenesis by Boldstar(m): 11:51am On Feb 08, 2016
donkross1:
[b]
They all waited till late in the night to see if Ejiro was gonna wake up from coma but when it was really getting close to midnight, Isaac and Clarieta decided to go home while Ben volunteered to stay back and keep an eye on her.
Anne dropped Isaac off at his apartment and left for hers, Isaac walked into his compound and was surprised to see the light in his room switched on, he was so sure that he switched the light off before leaving for class in the morning. He walked slowly through the silent compound trying not to make any noise and disturbing the people sleeping. He got to the door and tried opening it without the keys, to his greatest surprise, the door wasn't locked. Never before since he has been living in that apartment has he ever forgotten to lock the door with keys, moreover he was so certain about how he left the house after switching off the light and locking the door. He prayed in his mind that it should just be a case of the locals breaking into his House and nothing more.
He entered the house slowly and saw that the room was just as he left it in the morning, all his furnitures and electronics were intact, he wondered if he really didn't lock the door or something wasn't just right. He left the door opened for him to be able to run out if he sees anything strange, immediately he stepped away from the door, the door closed by itself and clicked like someone just locked it from outside. Fear gripped him, he started feeling cold from the inside, he started struggling to open the door but all his efforts proved fruitless, the door was strongly locked, nevertheless he kept on struggling with the door until he started feeling weak, when he realised he was getting weak he let go off the door but the was still feeling the weakness. Gradually he felt all his body being paralysed, he fell down to the ground and couldn't move his hand, legs or any part of his body except for his eyes and mouth.
"What is happening to me, am I having stroke or what" he said to himself.
"You are not having stroke, you are only feeling all these because I am making you feel so" someone said and it sounded like the voice was coming from the kitchen.
"Who is there" he tried to shout but he couldn't, his voice just came out softly like a whisper.
He started hearing footsteps and knew the person was approaching, he expected the worst but who he saw was far more than the worst he was expecting.
"Hello babe, what are you going to eat tonight now" Anne asked on the other end of the line.
"Babe I can't eat anything tonight but I will be glad if you can make me yam and egg for breakfast tomorrow" Ben replied .
"Okay baby, take care of yourself and I love you" Anne
"I love you too babe" he replied and hung up.
Ben's sitting on a chair close to Ejiro's bed, he was so exhausted to the extent that he was already dozing off until he heard Ejiro's voice.
"You won't understand" Ejiro said
Ben was so happy when he heard the voice, he thought she was out of coma but when he saw that her eyes were still shut, he realised that she was still unconscious. He was still contemplating on whether he should go and summon the doctor or not when he heard her speak again.
"Ajadi my mates are angry with me, they said I have broken the rule by falling in love with you, they have not even talked to me in a while and am scared about what they can do to us" she said unconsciously.
Ben was surprised and afraid at the same time, he remembered the dream Isaac told him about Ejiro referring to him as Ajadi.
"I don't want people to start saying that another person has died because of Omolabake" Ejiro spoke again.
He remembered that Omolabake was the name that Isaac said Ejiro called herself, he also remembered the day he passed out when he was making out with Anne, he remembered he was speaking some strange words unconsciously and also remembered calling out the name Omolabake, he was more certain when Anne confirmed to him that he kept on repeating the name Omolabake.
He began to wonder what's really happening to all of them, wondering if they are all part of the prophecy that strange priest in the village was talking about. He really needed someone to explain this mystery and prophecy' he concluded in his mind.
"How did you get into my house Beatrice and what are you doing to me" Isaac asked still lying paralysed on the floor.
"You can't even recognise me when you see me so how can you make the right decisions. Wait, is it that you really can't remember anything" Said Beatrice.
"What are you saying, I can't make any sense out of everything you just said" Isaac replied.
"What a pity, even if you can't remember anything, it won’t stop me from taking my vengeance on you" she said
"Beatrice what did I do to you, how did I wrong you" he asked pitifully
"Beatrice is no longer here, I am borrowing her body for the time being, as soon as am done with my mission, I will leave" she said smiling.
Looks like she was enjoying the view of him lying down helplessly.
"Who are you" he inquired
"I am Clarieta" she replied nonchalantly
"What in heaven's name are you saying, okay let's even assume that you are Clarieta, what wrong did I do to you, why did you tried to kill me the other day".
"I didn't try to kill you, I killed you. I don't know why that stupid priest revive you" she snapped at him.
"But why" he snapped back
"Because you chose her over me" she said and headed back to the kitchen.
"Chose who, when, where, how" he asked but didn't get any reply.
He started trying to think back and see if he had ever met Clarieta before meeting her in class the other day. He was still thinking it through when he heard the strange voice again.
"Didn't I tell you to be careful and watchful" the strange voice spoke.
He realised it was the voice that called himself Babatunji but he couldn't reply by speaking out loud because he was scared Beatrice or Clarieta as she claimed to be might hear his voice from inside.
"Please help me" he said in his mind hoping that the voice would be able to read his mind.
"I can hear you and yes I have called out for help, let's just hope the help comes before she kills you" the voice replied
"Who did you call for help, is it Ben" he said in his mind again but the voice had gone mute.
Clarieta approached from the kitchen with a cup in her hand. She came closer to where Isaac was lying down and tried to force the substance in the cup down his throat. Suddenly a light shone brightly at a corner of the wall in the room, gradually the light dimmed and the chief priest appeared
[/b]

Donkross, how did Clarieta come into the picture in the first paragraph ? Shebi she disappeared in the bush after trying to kill Isaac. I think you made a mistake there.
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
Boldstar:

Donkross, how did Clarieta come into the picture in the first paragraph ? Shebi she disappeared in the bush after trying to kill Isaac. I think you made a mistake there.

Ohh thanks boss. I have fixed it. You sef modify that long post wey you quote before them long-post quoting police kan tackle you.
Re: Palingenesis by Mztemmy(f): 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
Wao.....what a twist
Re: Palingenesis by bellovers(m): 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
nice one donkross #moré mb to ya phone.
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 1:27pm On Feb 08, 2016
[b]

As soon as she realised it was the chief priest, she wanted to run out of the room but the priest held her back with God knows what. She couldn't move or talk, the chief priest brought out a small bottle which was coated in silver. She started screaming as the priest opened the bottle, liquid substance like water started rushing out of her body into the bottle, immediately the last drop got into the bottle, the priest sealed the bottle back and the she fainted.

Gradually Isaac started receiving his strength, he could feel his body again and in the blink of an eye, he was whole again. He was back to his normal self.

"How did you know I was in trouble sir" he asked after getting up and examining his body.

"I was summoned" the priest replied softly.

"By who" he asked.

"By Babatunji" he replied.

"Ohh that strange voice but wait who is Babatunji" he inquired again

The chief just smiled, dragged a chair closer and sat down. He instructed Isaac to do the same which he obliged.

"Over a thousand years ago" the priest started. "There lived 2 great warriors in our village who were also best of friends, there names were Ajadi and Adisa, they were brave warriors and was loved by both the old, the young, the boys, the girls, the poor and the rich but suddenly they stopped loving Ajadi because of his decision to marry a girl that was believed to be an Emere, I believe you know who an Emere is" he paused to get an answer, Isaac nodded in confirmation and he continued.

"Her name was Omolabake, despite all odds, Ajadi still insisted on marrying Omolabake, during the course of their living together, he got Omolabake pregnant which left him with no choice than to marry her, he pleaded with the whole to support his decision and after a lot of considerations, they did. On the day of their marriage rites, the spiritual mates of Omolabake came to demand her soul, Ajadi who didn't want to watch his beloved Omolabake and his seed that was growing inside of her die proposed to the chief priest to do something about it" he paused and coughed for a short period of time.

"The chief priest told him the only solution which was a sacrifice of life, Ajadi volunteered to lay down his life for the love of his life, to cut the long epistle, Ajadi laid his life down for love after pleading with his friend Adisa to take good care of his wife and kid" he coughed again.

"Many years after all those events, Ajadi's son had grown into a man, his name was Babatunji, he was raised by his mother and Adisa his father's friend" he paused to study Isaac's expression after he mentioned the name Ajadi.

"Adisa died soon after leaving his only daughter Ashake in Babatunji's care, shortly after that, Omolabake too died. Babatunji took care of Ashake like she was indeed his blood sister. He also had a lover whose name was Abeni" the chief priest stopped and demanded for a cup of water.

"Are you sure you are comprehending all these story" he asked Isaac after he drank the water.

"Yes sir, I understand all of it perfectly" Isaac answered quickly because he was anxious to know where the story was going.

The chief priest cleared his throat and continued.

"Babatunji, Ashake and Abeni lived happily like one family until one day when the chief priest told Ajadi that both his sister and his lover are going to die but that he had a chance to save one of them" the chief paused and brought a kola out from his bag.

He offered one to Isaac which he politely rejected.

"If you were in Ajadi's shoes, who would you have saved" he asked after biting the kola.

"I will definitely save my sister because the bloodline of the man who raised me will be in extinction if I choose to watch her die" he replied.

The chief priest nodded his head slowly and smiled.

"That was the same decision Babatunji took, he chose to save his sister over his lover" he said while he was still smiling.

"Babatunji later married Ashake whom he had known all his life and they lived happily ever after" he said with smiles over his face, seems like that was his favourite part of the story.

"Shortly before the chief priest died" he spoke with all seriousness now.

"He received a prophecy from the gods, the prophecy was that Ajadi, Omolabake, Babatunji and Abeni will all come back to life once again after a lot of years. Omolabake and Ajadi will come back to life to fulfil the love story that the spiritual forces cut short, Babatunji will want to come and reunite with them to fulfil the love of a family and Abeni will come back to take revenge for Babatunji saving Ashake over her" the chief paused to look at Isaac who was keenly looking into his eyes.

"That lady that know as Clarieta is Abeni's spirit who has come to take your life in revenge for what you did to her because you are Babatunji's reincarnation. The guy you know as your best friend was your father Ajadi and the lady lying on that sick bed is Omolabake" he coughed again but this time the coughing lasted for a short while.

"I have locked up Abeni's soul in this bottle, as long as this bottle stays locked, she will never be able to take on another person's body or even be able to hurt you again" he brought out the bottle and handed it over to Isaac.

"When the sun comes up, make sure you throw this bottle into the river where no one will be able to open it ever again" he instructed.

Isaac held the bottle with trembling hands and kept it in his side bag that was hanging on the wall. He raised his head to check the wall clock and realised it was almost dawn.

"You need to call your friend to come here very soon, I have to tell him somethings before I go" the chief priest said.

Isaac obliged and called Anne first, she picked up at the first ring and Isaac begged her to go and pick Ben at the hospital and bring him home as a matter of urgency. Anne unlike other girls didn't probe further, she just rushed to brush her teeth, wash her face and headed to the hospital to pick up Ben as Isaac instructed.

Isaac called Ben but he didn't pick up at first, he picked up the second time.

"Guy, Anne go kan carry you now now, you people should come to my place as soon as she gets there" Isaac said

"Olboi wetin happen, any problem don burst for that side" he asked.

He was scared because of the serious tone Isaac used in speaking with him.

"Guy if you get here, everything go clear " he said and hung up.

"Wise one, If I may ask, how is it that you know of a story that happened over a thousand years ago and how is it that you knew the prophecy was coming to pass already" he asked after sitting down infront of the priest.

"The story has been passed down through the generations of the priests and it was also prophesied that it will happen during my own time as the chief priest, I have been waiting for all of you for all of my life, I have lived for this day" the priest was still trying to explain further when Beatrice sneezed.

They had almost forgotten that she was still lying down right in the room with them.

"What happened to me" she asked as she tried to get up from where she was lying.

"What's the last thing you remember" the chief priest asked her.

That was when she noticed the old man dressed in an all white attire, she was scared and wanted to run away but Isaac held her back and calmed her down.

"The last thing I remember was that when we got home on Saturday night, I was lying on my bed when a strange wind started blowing and then I blacked out, how long have I been out" she asked

"3 days" Isaac replied.

"What really happened" she asked again.

Isaac was about to start explaining when Ben and Anne rushed in.

It was not up to five minutes after Ben left that Ejiro woke up from Coma, she studied the environment and realised she was in the hospital, she was still wondering how she got there when a nurse came in and explained how her friends brought her in yesterday and that one guy stayed with her all through the night but rushed out some minutes ago. She was sure from the description the nurse gave that it was Isaac and Ben that brought her in and that it was Ben that stayed with her all night. Not quite long after she woke up, the doctor came in to examine her and also told her the state of her health and how badly she needs someone to donate his/her heart.

At that moment, everything started making sense to her, she remembered vividly al the things she saw when she was in coma. She requested for her bag which was given to her, she brought out her phone and started typing a text with the recipient's name saved with Ben my love.

The priest explained everything he said to Isaac earlier to them again. From the story to the prophecy et all, Isaac could bet that he didn't add or subtract a word from the story and prophecy, It was the exact words he used when explaining for him that he repeated, he was pretty impressed with the priest's memory, if only he knew the priest has been memorising that story all his life.

"You mean I am Ajadi's reincarnation and Ejiro is Omolabake's reincarnation" Ben asked.

The priest nodded.

"What I am yet to tell all of you is that the spiritual forces that took Ajadi's life didn't just stop there, they laid a curse that as long as Ajadi and Omolabake keep coming back to life, one of them will always have to die" the chief priest paused and starred around.

"I don't understand" Ben said.

"In the prophecy, either you or that girl lying on the sick bed will have to die" he explained.

Ben was about to inquire more but was distracted by his phone beeping. It was a message from Ejiro. He was so excited that she must be out of coma. He reads the message out loudly.

"Hey Ben, am sure by now you must have known everything that I know too, during the time when I was in coma, I was taken through everything that happened a thousand years ago and also the prophecy. Now I know who Clarieta really was and I know Isaac is Babatunji's reincarnation, it would be the sweetest feeling if we all could have lived together as one big happy family but am sure you saw the part of the prophecy which stated that one of us has to die. I know how much Anne loves you and it seems like you love her too, for me I can never love anyone again. For this reason, I have decided to take my own life. By the time you are done reading this message, I would have gladly laid down my life for yo....." he didn't finish the sentence before barging out of the room

He ran outside the house and stopped a bike immediately. They all ran after him but before they could catch up with him, his bike was already out of sight. They all ran in the car and when they realised the chief priest was still inside, Isaac ran back to check inside the room but he was no where to be found. He must have disappeared back' he said to himself. He rushed back to the car and they drove to the hospital.

They got to the hospital almost the same time with Ben, they all ran inside leaving the car doors opened. They ran into the ward where Ejiro is admitted. Ben got there first only to find Ejiro lying down lifelessly, she had slit her wrist with a razor blade that is lying next to her body.

She had laid down her life for Ben, she reciprocated what He did for her in their previous life. What a selfless and generational sacrifice.

Ben couldn't process all that just happened, he started speaking gibberish. They thought it was just a little issue but when they saw him run outside the hospital and tore his clothes. They realised he had gone mad.

[/b]

THE END
Re: Palingenesis by donkross1(m): 1:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
[b]

~Epilogue~.

"Honeeey, do you want to sleep till midday again when you know we are expecting visitors" a lady who was heavily pregnant shouted from the kitchen.

"And who told you I was sleeping ma'am" a man standing at the kitchen door replied her softly.

They both smiled, hugged and kissed each other.

"I hope you brushed this mouth you are using to kiss me" she teased.

"Ohh I forgot" he teased back.

"Naughty man like you, I hope you realise Isaac and Beatrice are coming straight to our place from the airport, have you prepared the guest room for them" she asked with a serious look this time.

"I will go and do that right away, God knows I have missed those two very much, we haven't even seen each other since we went for their wedding ceremony in the United Kingdom" he replied and smiled sheepishly.

"I hope the two of you won't start chasing each other again, when will you guys realise you are no longer boys but men" she asked.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stopped playing, speaking of Isaac and Beatrice, I had a very strange dream today, I dreamt about you, Isaac, Beatrice and I in the University of Abuja. It was quite a strange dream knowing that none of us ever attended that university, you and I schooled in the United States of America while Isaac and Beatrice schooled in England and moreover we looked younger in the dream" he explained.

She was so shocked at the dream he just narrated to him.

"It's not just a dream honey" she replied softly.

"Anne what do you mean" he asked with a serious and strange look.

"That was what happened five years ago"

"Excuse me! What do you mean it happened, I hope you do realise that I ran mad in that dream"

"Yes Ben and that was why the doctors suggested to your parents and I that you go through a memory erasure process, there was no way you could have overcome the memories of Ejiro that laid down her life for you, and they said as long as you remember the incident, you will remain mad" said Anne.

"So my memory was erased" he asked

"Yes my love, it was" she replied.

"How come I saw everything in my dream then" he probed again.

"That's what I don't understand now, maybe it's because of the divine love that existed between the two of you" she said..............

**** Somewhere in Lokoja ****

A group of young kids were swimming in the shallow part of a very big river. Many of them definitely went against the orders of there parents by coming to swim there because the river is known to be a very dangerous one. One of them saw a small bottle coated in silver, it was so attractive that the small boy couldn't resist picking it up and opening it to see what the bottle contains.

Immediately he opened it, he saw something like a liquid evaporate into the atmosphere, he was the only one that saw it, since he knew the rest won't believe what he just saw, he kept it to himself. Little did he know that he had freed a spirit that was locked in the bottle for years. He had freed Abeni's spirit again.

[/b]
Re: Palingenesis by Rukkydelta(f): 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nice story but why did Ejiro die?..well the writer knows best.................................. thanks for this beautiful piece
Re: Palingenesis by bellovers(m): 2:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
Donkross i hail u these a very interesting one,kuddos bro. Now Bellovers don start new story Oya pack drinks come dey serve oo. where them heemah,dandypearl,sageez and the resto dey sef..

https://www.nairaland.com/2920628/life-celebrity-story
Re: Palingenesis by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
splendid. wonderful. . , donkross1 take milo
Re: Palingenesis by heemah(f): 2:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
Maka why? Why did the kid opened the bottle? Another wahala don wear cover shoe! Lolzz. Nice one donkross1. Keep ' em coming!
Btw, where are my baes? Dandypearl calmdove maggielovely and Sageez?
Re: Palingenesis by Onodray(m): 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
Dankross u deserve a noble prize 4 dis story, i like u tinkin ability, linkin techniques n level of continuity. My advice get dis work into a book, i definitely wud get copies as val gifts. Lol
Re: Palingenesis by bellovers(m): 3:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
heemah:
Maka why? Why did the kid opened the bottle? Another wahala don wear cover shoe! Lolzz. Nice one donkross1. Keep ' em coming!
heemah u no see me abi, i go disown u
Re: Palingenesis by dimssy(m): 3:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
Don,i doff my hat. Big time manh,wa sere.
Re: Palingenesis by billynoni(m): 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
Very quick my oga donkross
, Abeni-->Clarieta
, Ajadi-->Ben
, Omolabake-->Ejiro
, Ashake-->Beatrice
, Babatunji-->Isaac
, Adisa-->?
, ..........Nice work
Re: Palingenesis by Sageez(m): 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
heemah:
babe I'm here.

1 Like

Re: Palingenesis by Alfred200825(m): 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
Donkross1 you too much. Anyways make i call the Winchester Brothers for this Abeni/Clarieta Character make dem come plot her graph.
Re: Palingenesis by ammy4id: 4:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abeni agbon o wa da kun Ko fi emi yi sile, I screen when I read the part of the sprit coming back to life

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Professor Ama Ata Aidoo Dies At 83 / Wole Soyinka: I Will Not Destroy My US Residential Permit Just Yet. / Naughty By Choice (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.