Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Easily Stop Annoying Automated Calls And Sms From Service Provider - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Easily Stop Annoying Automated Calls And Sms From Service Provider (1457 Views)

Deaf And Dumb Man Calls And Controls Giant Crocodile / Deaf And Dumb Man Calls And Controls Giant Crocodile / 4 Solutions To Recover Deleted SMS From Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Easily Stop Annoying Automated Calls And Sms From Service Provider by Vcollinzo(m): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2016
All network providers in Nigeria send regularly some annoying automated text messages to our devices: to an extent, it has recently turned into spamming as, on my phone for instance, I get not less than 6-7 automated text messages and calls which promote stuffs which are really irrelevant to me.

The most annoying part of this automated services is that, there is no option to opt-out of them. If it was possible to opt-out at a specified recharge cost, it would just be perfect because a lot of subscribers (me, for one) will opt-in to that option. Their services can be promoted in the account balance menu, call me back, data subscription confirmation messages, etc.

Imagine you're expecting a credit alert to your bank account desperately, then you receive an sms as this:

Message: MTN Backup, service to protect your personal data (contacts, calendar..) detected your new handset. You will receive a message to configure it.
Or, you're expecting a very important phone call- your phone rings and then you pick it up only to see 08034100 as the caller.

You already know what that feels like..

Now, to stop getting all these automated calls and texts, you'd have to download and install a blacklist app on your phone.
Install and run the blacklist app, then add all those numbers which you want to disable from auto-calling or texting your phone.

This should work until MTN, Airtel, Glo, and Etisalat their enable subscribers to opt-out of certain services.

Some of the numbers I blacklisted on my phone include:

MTN Nigeria
Automated calls
08034100l

Automated SMSs

Uhm, I basically use MTN for everything cheesy, so, if you use other networks, you know what to do ;-).

Source

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Here Doing Solar Business With China Supplier ? / Hackers To Release No Fewer Than 10,000 Snapchat Nude Photos / Get Cheapest Mtn Data Shared Bundle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.