Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Otedola's National Life Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otedola's National Life Interview (2282 Views)

50th Year Of Military Jubilee In Our National Life / GEJ Meets With Dangote, Otedola, Other Businessmen In Lagos (Photos) / Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otedola's National Life Interview by DayoCoker: 11:05am On Jun 17, 2009
Nonsense! Here we go again. During the 2007 gubernatorial election, it was widely reported in the national newspapers that Alhaji Musiliu Obanikoro's campaign was almost single-handedly funded by Femi Otedola who was rumoured to also have grand designs on the office. Not once was Alhaji Aliko Dangote's name mentioned in connection with Senator Obanikoro's failed bid.

It's amazing that Femi Otedola now has the guts to claim that Dangote was the person pressuring former president Olusegun Obasanjo to cancel the elections in Lagos State. In a remarkable case of character assassination, Otedola and his irresponsible journalist friends in the tabloid press are now creating the impression that Dangote worked against the Action Congress in the last elections.

This is totally untrue and we are happy that Dangote has gone to court to protect his interests. If Fola Coker knew about Dangote's supposed plan to scuttle Fashola's election, it would be logical to assume that the AC top brass would also be informed about it. Yet there was no single comment about Dangote from the party.

Otedola’s account is totally false as this so-called meeting was never held. Those of us who had the privilege of meeting the former president know that he had a brash domineering personality and was not inclined to take orders from anyone, no matter how close. It's somewhat strange that Otedola showed up at the meeting at the time that Dangote and Obasanjo were having this phantom conversation. 

Obasanjo understood the implications of meddling in Lagos politics and Dangote is also smart enough not make an enemy of Tinubu, given that he has extensive business interests in Lagos. In truth, Alhaji Dangote was one of the biggest contributors to Fashola’s campaign chest and Otedola’s misguided media campaign will not change that. 

It is also important to ask why Otedola did not make this revelation before he fell out with Alhaji Dangote. The people behind this smear campaign must assume that Nigerians are amnesiacs who have lost control of their faculties. Why does Otedola say that he will defend his statements when he has provided no shred of evidence to back his crazy claims?

Otedola is an incorrigible liar and an immature late developer who has let his tantrums erase his sense of decorum. Nigerians can see through his web of lies. His widely publicized claims about the popularity of factsnigeria.com is another example of his love for fiction. Thank God for technology. In a country of more than 7 million Internet users, the site counter on the site still reads less than 1,700. So much for facts.

Dayo Coker

President

Dangote Support Group

dayo.coker@gmail.com

dayocoker.
Re: Otedola's National Life Interview by Ibime(m): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2009
Dayo Coker, how much do they pay you to do Dangote's bidding? No wonder you were so concerned about that InterContinental bank schizzle. grin
Re: Otedola's National Life Interview by rasputinn(m): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2009
Ibime:

Dayo Coker, how much do they pay you to do Dangote's bidding? No wonder you were so concerned about that InterContinental bank schizzle. grin

@ Dayo

Oya,over to you,reply wan tam
Re: Otedola's National Life Interview by walata44(m): 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ Dayo

You are a sell out to your conscience for doing the bidding of Dangote. We have already been warned against people like you .
Re: Otedola's National Life Interview by Lagosboy: 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2009
To hell with Dangote and FO plus you dayo coker. Pleas nigerians lets discuss issues not these two greedy personalities. Wonder why OBJ or other firends of them have not been able to settle their disputes its simply because they are both greedy and equaly guilty.

When they were both enjoying the spoils of OBJ's era they were best buddies now the going is a bit rough and they are fighting on pages of newspaper.
Re: Otedola's National Life Interview by spikedcylinder: 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2009
Dayo are you trying to counter www.factsnigeria.com with all these posts?
Just curious.
Re: Otedola's National Life Interview by Ibime(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Dayo are you trying to counter www.factsnigeria.com with all these posts?
Just curious.

Nah, thats Ote[i]dollars[/i] site. Nairalands resident webmasters can do a better job than that rubbish.

These two bigwigs/thiefs (delete as appropriate) better stop fighting all over our media portals. Nobody send them.

In light of the fact that Dayo Coker works for Dangote, one has to question the validity of his attacks against InterContinental bank and his accusation that they sent him threatening emails. Its probably just another battlefield for Dangote and Otedolas love tryst.  tongue
Re: Otedola's National Life Interview by tunku(m): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
any billionaire involved in petty sniping of one another cannot have earned their billions in a legitimate way. Wow. Errand boy go back to your masters and tell him to stop sending his rabid dog in here.
Re: Otedola's National Life Interview by spikedcylinder: 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2009
Ibime:

Nah, thats Ote[i]dollars[/i] site. Nairalands resident webmasters can do a better job than that rubbish.

These two bigwigs/thiefs (delete as appropriate) better stop fighting all over our media portals. Nobody send them.

In light of the fact that Dayo Coker works for Dangote, one has to question the validity of his attacks against InterContinental bank and his accusation that they sent him threatening emails. Its probably just another battlefield for Dangote and Otedolas love tryst.  tongue

Thats what I was asking. Maybe as Otedola has his "fan site", Dayo is trying to build a Dangote fan base on Nairaland.

Cheap publicity.
Re: Otedola's National Life Interview by DayoCoker: 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2009
There's no conflict of interest here. I'm not hiding my support for Dangote even though my group is independent and not affiliated to him. I can boldly say that the Dangote Support Group has not received a dime from Dangote to defend the unwarranted attacks on his person

I don't see why anybody should question the veracity of my claims against Intercontinental Bank. I still have those emails. After I started the full disclosure campaign, the bank struck a deal with the Renaissance Group for a dubious analysis that acknowledged its huge debt profile without agreeing that the bank is under incredible stress.

The analysts at ARM have told us that the next banking headache will come from the sort of petroleum marketing deals that Intercontinental staked a lot of money on. I wonder why nobody questioned the loan that Intercontinental collected from the AfDB just to stay afloat. Let's see if Sanusi will be as malleable as Soludo.

By the way, Intercontinental is very close to Aliko Dangote so linking the two campaigns doesn't make sense.
Re: Otedola's National Life Interview by Ibime(m): 9:17pm On Jun 17, 2009
DayoCoker:

There's no conflict of interest here. I'm not hiding my support for Dangote even though my group is independent and not affiliated to him. I can boldly say that the Dangote Support Group has not received a dime from Dangote to defend the unwarranted attacks on his person

I don't see why anybody should question the veracity of my claims against Intercontinental Bank. I still have those emails. After I started the full disclosure campaign, the bank struck a deal with the Renaissance Group for a dubious analysis that acknowledged its huge debt profile without agreeing that the bank is under incredible stress.

The analysts at ARM have told us that the next banking headache will come from the sort of petroleum marketing deals that Intercontinental staked a lot of money on. I wonder why nobody questioned the loan that Intercontinental collected from the AfDB just to stay afloat. Let's see if Sanusi will be as malleable as Soludo.

By the way, Intercontinental is very close to Aliko Dangote so linking the two campaigns doesn't make sense.

Is there a link between Otedollar$ and InterContinental bank?

Is there a reason why you support Dangote - and why? Is the fight to defend Dangote a conscientious fight, and if so what does he have to offer Nigeria that we do not know?

Is there a reason you must go out of your way to form a Dangote Support Group? Why not just write about it like a normal journalist/blogger. Also, why is Dangote so deserving? Why not form a Fashola support Group, a Gani support Group, a Pat Utomi Support Group - or a support group for any of the more deserving Nigerians. This makes me suspect that there is money coming your way.

As far as most observers are concerned, both men are people who have taken money from their pockets and they are not interested in supporting one or the other. Is this a misconception?
Re: Otedola's National Life Interview by GettysBurg: 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2009
Men, MONEY IS SWEET! It's sweet Honey!

And Dayo Coker is definitely enjoying a pot full.

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapped Imo Commissioner Has Been Freed / Gov Aregbesola Commends FG For Completing Ilesha Dam After 50 Years, Ask For Mor / Obasanjo Reacts To Jonathan’s Reply To His Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.