Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling (17161 Views)

Rats Invasion: Buhari Is The Worst President Ever - Mike Ozekhome / Buhari’s Minister Owns $43m EFCC Found In Lagos – Mike Ozekhome / #ObaOfBeninDeath: Mike Ozekhome Shaves Hair (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Ponponkon: 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
A Constitutional lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), has faulted the Justice Oyebisi Omoleye-led Panel of the Court of Appeal that nullified the election of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State, describing it as ‘fundamentally wrong’ and full of errors in Law.
Mr. Ozekhome, who was speaking at a Channels TV Breakfast Programme ‘Sunrise Daily’ aired on Friday, pointed out that the Court of Appeal was wrong in nullifying the election of Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, and declaring the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Mr. Alex Otti as the winner of the election.
The Constitutional Lawyer noted that the Court of Appeal erred in Law by granting the Appeal of Mr. Otti who could not adopt his own written statement on oath at the tribunal and also by admitting in evidence, the card reader report from a witness who was not the maker of the document.

He also wondered how the Court of Appeal could give credence to the evidence of the APGA star witness, Mr. Ahamdi Nweke, who was only a collation centre agent and could not have been at the polling units where elections were alleged not to have held.

Ozekhomee reasoned that on the facts of the case before the Court of Appeal, it was fundamentally wrong for them to have declared Mr. Alex Otti as the winner of the elections and ordered his swearing-in.
He noted that considering the fact that even going by the calculations of the Appeal Court Justices, the difference between the votes allocated to Mr. Otti and Dr. Ikpeazu was 48,000 while the total number of registered voters in the 3 Local Government Areas of Obingwa, Osisioma and Isialangwa North where they cancelled elections are over 250,000 and as such, going by the Electoral Act, the very worst the Court of Appeal should have ordered should have been a rerun election in those 3 Local Government Areas where they cancelled elections to decide the eventual winner.
He equally faulted the Court of Appeal for relying only on the Card Reader to determine the issue of over-voting and wondered why they discountenanced the manual accreditation done in those Local Government Areas considering the fact that the INEC guidelines allowed for manual accreditation where card readers fail.
Mr. Ozekhome expressed the confidence that the Supreme Court will not allow the Appeal Court Judgment on Abia State Governorship Elections to stand in the interest of equity, justice and fairness.

https://www.today.ng/politics/63085/ozokheme-faults-acourt-ruling-on-abia-guber-election

Mynd44 and lalasticlala we are happy that non abians and non igbos are speaking out against this miscarriage of justice by the appeal court.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Ponponkon: 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
Appeal court has no constitutional basis to disenfranchise Obingwa Isialangwa north and Osisiomangwa voters. We are going to explore all legal means to secure our God given mandate. It is our right to vote.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2016
I see grammar everywhere...
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Ponponkon: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
Dharniel:
I see grammar everywhere...
Rape of justice cannot stand. I have the copy of the empty ruling,the judges of court of appeal erred completely by given such empty verdict

2 Likes

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Ponponkon: 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2016
Mynd44 and lalasticlala , here are the orders made by appeal court. Please share let's hear from lawyers in the house

2 Shares

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Trut(m): 1:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ponponkon:
Rape of justice cannot stand. I have the copy of the empty ruling,the judges of court of appeal erred completely by given such empty verdict

Alex Otti is your Gov, you can cry and write grammar till eternity, Otti (Nwa Ohuhu) will still be your Gov.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Gracito(f): 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
Lol.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Shehucom(m): 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
Don't even have time to read any thing from this Dopkesi's lawyer... Good Afternoon nairalanders

11 Likes

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Artless360(m): 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
Nladerz mk wuna no mind me........
Juma'at kareem to ol my Muslim brodaz nd sistaz..... Let luv lead

2 Likes

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Smartsyn(m): 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
That's why we have the supreme court..

To err is appeal, to correct is supreme.

9 Likes

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
If Alex otti has sworn allegiance to Apc,then I'm very sorry for Ikpeazu

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by raziboi(m): 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
.....I DONT FAULT ANY THING

I LIKE IT DAT WAY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by MediaDeveloper(m): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
LAW should not be used in error.

1 Like

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Chillext(m): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
Mikw
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by frodobee: 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
Frodobee :

That is the legacy.
Buhari sef.

1 Like

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by DaBullIT(m): 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
Lawyer dey teach Judge him work ooo , na pakoooooo

#BabaFela

7 Likes

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Arijosh(m): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hmmmm..... Tot we all said Jega conducted credible elections throughout the Country before leaving the post.... Well..... I think are really enjoying this days of prolong court cases... Buhari is creating Job sha

2 Likes

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by sammyj: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
What do you expect from this lawyer that has lost his focus!! angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
His opinion,
Ikpeazu is more interested in returning the illegal salary he received. The should hold the returning officer responsible for thier error.
Unfortunately tribunal is over
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by shachris02: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
trash. Mike is fast losing it. INEC headquarters is not one person. results were uploaded and confirmed by.INec

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by scantee(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
Though i preferred Otti, but i think Ikpazu has started on a positive note and he should be given a chance/support to prove himself. All i want is good governance and rapid development in Abia state, as an Enugu indegen, i want all my neibouring SE states to be on top gear...in developing their states.

5 Likes

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by dridowu: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
Election nullified in favour of APC, He (Mike Ozekhome) complained
Now Nullify in Favour of APGA , he Still Complain
If nullified in favor of KOWA, he will still complain.
No wonder , he wails alot.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
I talk am.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by kingppmaker: 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
Tell that to supreme Court
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Goke7: 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ozekhome should have decided to be a judge instead of a lawyer since he knows better than the judge abeg make we hear word jor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by GodpunishBuhari: 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ponponkon:
Appeal court has no constitutional basis to disenfranchise Obingwa Isialangwa north and Osisiomangwa voters. We are going to explore all legal means to secure our God given mandate. It is our right to vote.

he is a pdp lawyer so I don't expect to say reasonable thing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by zuma4k(m): 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
he's absolutely correct!!!

1 Like

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by zuma4k(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
GodpunishBuhari:

he is a pdp lawyer so I don't expect to say reasonable thing
you absolutely made no sense, you're obviously speaking based on sentiments...

1 Like

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Naijiant: 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ikpeazu should go and rest. Alex Otti won the (s)election: http://www.naijiant.com/beer-parlour-gist/why-okezie-ikpeazu-lost-the-abia-selection/
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Nwogbe: 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
Only a fool and a confirm lunatic will think that that nonsense verdict of d appeal court will stand at the supreme. sentiments aside those judges needs to be demoted for such junk verdict. How did they even get to the appeal? Guess they didn't bribe their way there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Polls: States In Desperate Moves To Clear Salary Backlog / Police Blame IPOB For Imo Traditional Rulers’ Killing, / Videos From APC Rally In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.