Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation (1588 Views)

How Do I Tell This Girl I Quit? / What Do Girls Think When They See A Really Big Peniss? / Mr And Mrs Ariyo's Pre-Wedding Photoshoot That Got Me Drooling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by CuteEmma(f): 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2016
There's this my coursemate (actually, my first college friend, we met during clearance in my first year), and he later introduced me to another of his female friend who later became my roommate. They started dating like 1month before 1st semester exams.

They've been dating for like 3years now. The first 2 years were splendid and enviable, but for the past 1year, it's been from one quarrel to another, they've been cheating terribly on each other. I've never interfered, even when she's trying to report what he did, I just tell her to forget (the even accuses me sometimes of taking sides with her boyfriend).

Recently, he guy called me and told me that he's tired of his relationship, and that he wanna date me.. I was like wtf;
1. I have a boyfriend,
2. You've got a girlfriend and you're still together
3. Your girlfriend is my friend and also my roommate.
I just told him to get rid of that crazy thought (but I remember that I used to envy 'em, and I wished he was dating me).

He then told me that he was gonna end their relationship if I accept to date him, that he dislikes the idea of ditching her and then being single again.

I also declined, and tried to talk to him but he refused and told me that he'd find someone else who would replace her, and I should also think about it and probably change my mind.
He later begged me not to tell her.

I know that I'd never change my mind to date him (it's too late), but the problem is Should I tell my roommate about it? I just don't know how leaking that info without hurting any of 'em.

I've got a feeling that he wants to date one of her friend as some wicked pay-back, and that's gonna hurt her real bad. To me, she still loves him, just that he barely has time for her that's why she's cheating.

Please advice..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
cheesy
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Carowline(f): 3:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
Deep..
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
NO! Don't tell & don't date him because, he's gonna get tired of u someday & when that happens; He Will Flog You With The Same Cane He Used In Flogging His Ex..

Let them(him & ur rommie] sort themselves out

3 Likes

Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by missKiffy(f): 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
OP its none of your business, the fact that he told you does not mean you should tell her
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
I always live by a principle and that principle is to "Always mind my business in matters that don't concern me" Why? Because in trying to play the role of good samaritan, I might just be implicating myself in the issue. And I haven't ever regretted making this decision.

Now, your case isn't even a light one. You rightly said they have been cheating on each other, so it's not actually a case where the girl is the only victim. They are both victims of each other.

The guy has said he would break up with his girlfriend. Please wait and see if he would actually go on to break up with her and don't try to get involved in anyway.
What if he has a change of mind and he doesn't break up with her again? What if he was actually lying and was just trying to use you? What if you go to tell your friend that he is cheating on her and wants to leave her and the boyfriend out of annoyance implicates you and paints you in a bad light?

In issues like this, it's always best you just mind your own business and relationship and leave others to settle or destroy theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by IamLEGEND1: 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
girls and their cholera mouth. They don't know the difference between secrets and public service announcements.

she go still tell her friend everything, then dem go beef each other and everyone will go his way saying the other one wasn't loyal
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by yemoxyl(m): 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
If u do that then u are a snitch
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by obiorathesubtle: 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
There is a banana inside a banana peel shocked

Guys! Iswear! I just saw a banana inside a banana peel, I saw this banana peel and it felt like something was inside, so I tore it open and omg! You will not believe it! An actual banana inside a banana peel! I had to shout!

So I tell orange that banana peel is cheating on him with banana or keep my mouth shut?
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by StefanSalvatore: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
It's really none of ur biz, since dey r cheatin on each other jst leave dem dey should keep having their fun

They'll eventually get tired of it n go their separate ways

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
Please save yourself the consequences of telling her,stuff like this try as much as possible not to get caught up inbetween.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by CuteEmma(f): 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
Decker:

The guy has said he would break up with his girlfriend. Please wait and see if he would actually go on to break up with her and don't try to get involved in anyway.
What if he has a change of mind and he doesn't break up with her again? What if he was actually lying and was just trying to use you?
What if he's serious, and decides to ask another of my roommate's friends, and what if she accepts? Then he'd eventually leave her and maybe tell my roommie that I was aware of his plan all along
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
Carowline:
Deep..
U jst dey every thread.
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
Rubbish

Prove of her cheating

Stup*d thread daily hiding d truth

By the way a girl who cheats on u wont even mind if u date her sister let alone frnd cos d love is naturally gone
So d guy is just goin to hurt himself
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Carowline(f): 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
Maiconyoung:
U jst dey every thread.
cool ..
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
CuteEmma:
There's this my coursemate (actually, my first college friend, we met during clearance in my first year), and he later introduced me to another of his female friend who later became my roommate. They started dating like 1month before 1st semester exams.

They've been dating for like 3years now. The first 2 years were splendid and enviable, but for the past 1year, it's been from one quarrel to another, they've been cheating terribly on each other. I've never interfered, even when she's trying to report what he did, I just tell her to forget (the even accuses me sometimes of taking sides with her boyfriend).

Recently, he guy called me and told me that he's tired of his relationship, and that he wanna date me.. I was like wtf;
1. I have a boyfriend,
2. You've got a girlfriend and you're still together
3. Your girlfriend is my friend and also my roommate.
I just told him to get rid of that crazy thought (but I remember that I used to envy 'em, and I wished he was dating me).

He then told me that he was gonna end their relationship if I accept to date him, that he dislikes the idea of ditching her and then being single again.

I also declined, and tried to talk to him but he refused and told me that he'd find someone else who would replace her, and I should also think about it and probably change my mind.
He later begged me not to tell her.

I know that I'd never change my mind to date him (it's too late), but the problem is Should I tell my roommate about it? I just don't know how leaking that info without hurting any of 'em.

I've got a feeling that he wants to date one of her friend as some wicked pay-back, and that's gonna hurt her real bad. To me, she still loves him, just that he barely has time for her that's why she's cheating.

Please advice..

Is she your friend? then tell if you know your friend is in trouble tell her don't just keep quiet and watch the guy make a fool of her what if he denies? at least you tried.

Stay away from this guy he is one of the confused don't let him infect you. His woman trouble is his business please stay away from him i say this because you said you once wished he was dating you since you once wished like that it will be easy to rope you into his confusion.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
Carowline:

cool ..
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by CuteEmma(f): 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
sickstars:
Rubbish

Prove of her cheating

By the way a girl who cheats on u wont even mind if u date her sister let alone frnd cos d love is naturally gone
seriously? So you mean people who cheat do not have problem with their partner also cheating? This is weird

In fact, people who cheat are the ones who want their spouses to be more faithful.
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
CuteEmma:
seriously? So you mean people who cheat do not have problem with their partner also cheating? This is weird

In fact, people who cheat are the ones who want their spouses to be more faithful.
Thats wat am saying

Ow did u kno she is cheating

Yes cheating partners want a faithful partner eatin ur cake and avin it not every one cant b like kim k d earlier dey kno d better for them
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
Snitches everywhere, Emma please don;t be a snitch, it's none of your business even tho, i can tell, you probably have feelings for him too and wish you could have him, the smarter you is also telling you that he probably wants to date of her friends just to get back at her, which means he really doesn't want you, now this is easier said than done but dear, stay back, stop having the conversations with him, the more you do, the more you are likely to lie to your roommate in the case she gets suspicious and asks you about the guy and trust me, once you start lying, it just gets worse, so do the right thing, protect your friend by not telling her and not by not dating him, getting close to him, kissing him, hugging him, giving or getting head from him and definitely hold back if you ever get close to strafing each other, my piece...
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by AfricanApple(f): 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
CuteEmma:
What if he's serious, and decides to ask another of my roommate's friends, and what if she accepts? Then he'd eventually leave her and maybe tell my roommie that I was aware of his plan all along
he will never say anything, so far you keep your mouth sealed. Just forget about them and their pal as, you Dont meddle in people's love affairs, else you will be the ground that will suffer the fight of the two tigers
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
sickstars:
Rubbish

Prove of her cheating

you do have some points but then again, OP said the girl still likes the guy that's why she reports to her, she probably is feeling she is lonely and in the rebound stage and that's why she is having sex with other guys, obviously just to feel something and to stay happy, we have no proof of her cheating as OP didn't really mention any, which means there is more to the story.
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by cruzita(f): 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2016
if na me *I will act as if e no concern me*
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Dahveydson(m): 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
CuteEmma, Don't tell your her and also don't go out with him because he's likely to ditch you like that.

You can drop subliminal messages for your roommate but don't give her full details. You can bring up discussion about cheating bfs,etc.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by CuteEmma(f): 7:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
Dahveydson:
CuteEmma, Don't tell your her and also don't go out with him because he's likely to ditch you like that.

You can drop subliminal messages for your roommate but don't give her full details. You can bring up discussion about cheating bfs,etc.
hmmm.. I think I'd try this one.. Thanks dearie
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by paragon40(m): 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
don't tell her..she might start getting jealous, thinking her boo prefer u over her..if u tell her watch ur back..what if u tell her and she just laugh over it and did not blv u..don't mke a urself luk like a fool....sharp guy go deny ohh (she was d wan making advances towards me) hence u become d fool infront of dem..let dem sort der matter..what will be will be...peace
Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by Emrich(m): 8:14am On Jan 09, 2016
Emma chances are that they both won't be your friends when you start working and building your own family.

Let me see if I have the right info...
1. He was your friend before the girl
2. Because of 1, your loyalty leans towards the guy
3. You care for both of them
4. You know he takes care of her women
5. You know also that his love has expiring date...

Well, advise him to break up properly with the girl and find another woman, explaining to him that you can't date your friend and roommate's ex. You can tell him that in future if you are both still interested it can then happen.

I want you to understand however that dating should not be seen only as a prerequisite to marriage. The guy and the girl can both be wonderful people and when paired with the right person will make wonderful couples. In essence, what they are doing now don't make them terrible people, it means they have refused to understand themselves and are not patient to learn yet. So they need to move on. What I am trying to say is that your story with him if you choose to date him will not be the same with the other. And if it ends bad, such is life, afterall, you will hardly end up marrying your college sweetheart.

However, the best thing is to help them move on if you still want to hang on to the relationship you have with the both a little longer or if you don't want some girl thinking bad of you. This way you create and maintain a good personality (for yourself).

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell? this Got Me In A Really Bad Situation by CuteEmma(f): 8:45am On Jan 10, 2016
Emrich:
Emma chances are that they both won't be your friends when you start working and building your own family.

Let me see if I have the right info...
1. He was your friend before the girl
2. Because of 1, your loyalty leans towards the guy
3. You care for both of them
4. You know he takes care of her women
5. You know also that his love has expiring date...

Well, advise him to break up properly with the girl and find another woman, explaining to him that you can't date your friend and roommate's ex. You can tell him that in future if you are both still interested it can then happen.

I want you to understand however that dating should not be seen only as a prerequisite to marriage. The guy and the girl can both be wonderful people and when paired with the right person will make wonderful couples. In essence, what they are doing now don't make them terrible people, it means they have refused to understand themselves and are not patient to learn yet. So they need to move on. What I am trying to say is that your story with him if you choose to date him will not be the same with the other. And if it ends bad, such is life, afterall, you will hardly end up marrying your college sweetheart.

However, the best thing is to help them move on if you still want to hang on to the relationship you have with the both a little longer or if you don't want some girl thinking bad of you. This way you create and maintain a good personality (for yourself).
Thanks babe..

(1) (Reply)

Some Guys Are Jobless On This Nairaland / When You Are Dating A Girl That Is Caged, Monitored Or Restricted / I Believe Someone In Awon Werey Was Responsible For The Iamkingzlee ALT Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.