Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos (59650 Views)

Top 10 Tourist Attractions In Ekiti State That You Must Visit / Top 7 Tourist Attractions In Ondo State That You Must Visit / General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Lakkyjay(m): 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
no Beach included?

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
When u consider the traffic to all those destinations,
To stay house go better pass

5 Likes

Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by domopps(m): 5:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
U mean the same Lagos of Shibiri and Ajangbadi in Ojo Alaba @OP ?

Cheeeers

5 Likes

Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Luukasz(m): 5:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
Lagos lagos lagos shey na only lagos dey for Nigeria ni. Funniest thing is that even an individual who's not an indigene of lagos will be shouting EKO O NI BAJE while his/her home town is nothing to write about.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Luukasz(m): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2016
Cokwologu:
a nice piece of write up, lagos state is just like new york city
While your home town is like what?.And besides have you been to New york before.
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by torbie(m): 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
hmmm ......nice places !!!
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by BolaLFC(f): 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
Wow! Lagos n indeed Nigeria is really blessed. Na we dey do ourselves
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Sirmee(m): 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
The centre of excellence....but you left out the beaches
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by BluStreak(m): 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
The traffic situation, agberos, bad roads and now traffic robbers are the undoing of Lagos tourism. Lagos has beautiful and modern places of attraction but for the highlighted issues, they are not being fully utilised. I wish things were different sad .
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by diana158(m): 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
am not a lagosian but i must confess these r real sight seeing experience
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by icon8: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
No way the picture used here is Iga Iduganran! This is Oniru's Palace. Kindly therefore replace as appropriate.

Nice thread by the way! Eko o ni baje ooo...

YorubaParapo:
Iga Idungaran (Oba’s Palace)
The palatial residence of the local monarch, the Oba of Lagos. Located to the North of Lagos Island, on Upper King Street, this magnificent building dates back to 300 years ago. Iga Idungaran is the Oba’s Palace for Lagos Monarch. The newly renovated palace combine modern architectural show piece and acient Yoruba artifacts. Historic moments and monuments of Lagos tradition is available at the palace. Iga Idungaran is one of the most important historical sites in Lagos and is the official residence for the Oba of Lagos. An important part of the structure was built by the Portuguese in 1705. The building has been expanded and renovated in stages to keep it in good condition. Tourists who want to explore the palace can ask the Secretary of the Oba of Lagos for permission.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Nakuza(m): 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
I was there & I will be there again with my beautiful Wife. By His grace.
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Hadeyeancah(m): 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by ogmaskman: 6:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
Lakkyjay:
no Beach included?

Takwa Bay on my mind.
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
all this in Lagos and i never really noticed, except for the obvious ones, nice piece tho, i guess if not for the population, Lagos would have been a greater city to live, do business and serve as a tourist attraction.
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Dbisector(m): 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2016
This interesting
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2016
I'm not surprised...Eko O Ni Baje ooo
God bless Africa
God bless Nigeria
God bless Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by GodMode: 6:09pm On Jan 08, 2016
BluStreak:
The traffic situation, agberos, bad roads and now traffic robbers are the undoing of Lagos tourism. Lagos has beautiful and modern places of attraction but for the highlighted issues, they are not being fully utilised. I wish things were different sad .

All those places shown by the OP don't have bad roads.... the standard of living on the island is EXTREMELY DIFFERENT from the mainland and the rest of Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by GodMode: 6:12pm On Jan 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
all this in Lagos and i never really noticed, except for the obvious ones, nice piece tho, i guess if not for the population, Lagos would have been a greater city to live, do business and serve as a tourist attraction.

Lagos is already attracting different tourists.... Foreigners live in Lagos... its Nigerians that are rushing out while foreigners are rushing in...
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Weedcrusher: 6:14pm On Jan 08, 2016
domopps:
U mean the same Lagos of Shibiri and Ajangbadi in Ojo Alaba @OP ?

Cheeeers

That shibiri and ajangbadi is better than 80% of your state of origin

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by frankblinkz(m): 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Op i no see ma area dia ooo OJO BARRACKS,wch tourist go cm lag,him no go reach OJO ALABA INTERNATIONAL MARKET,a place wia u find the whole worlds product...eko oni baje ooo
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Depot(m): 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
Have been to allall, proudly lagosian
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
cool Eko oni baje
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by RichDad1(m): 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
icon8:
No way the picture used here is Iga Iduganran! This is Oniru's Palace. Kindly therefore replace as appropriate.

Nice thread by the way! Eko o ni baje ooo...

WAS about pointing that out too.
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by RichDad1(m): 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
Op, you should have substituted Radisson Blu for Intercontinental Hotel, VI. One of the highest point in Lagos and the tallest Hotel in Africa.
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by banty: 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
What about shrine?
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Koolking(m): 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
If your idea of a quick getaway includes stunning beach and luxury accommodation in a quiet and private environment, then La Manga Luxury Beach Villas in Ilashe Island, Lagos with its spectacular and invigorating view of the ocean is the place for you.

La Manga Luxury Beach Villa is a little piece of paradise nested along the unspoiled Atlantic Ocean on the beautiful and alluring Island of Ilashe in Lagos, bordering the Badagry creek and surrounded by luscious and towering coconut palm trees with just 15 minutes boat ride from Ikoyi and Victoria Island.

You need to be loaded to spend a night on this Island Villa. You'll be charged as much as N170,000/per night. For event and picnic getaway, you'll spend as much as N2m/per day.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Spybradd: 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ekó is indeed ilè,beautiful place...but how the hell can one savour and enjoy the beauty and attractions with the ever nuseating and unpleasant and eyesore disgusting roving presence of those riff raffs,touts and agberos who always ruin the fun? cry Those rogues oughtta be rid of the city otherwise,u gat lil' to enjoy angry
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by Cokwologu(m): 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
Luukasz:
While your home town is like what?.And besides have you been to New york before.
my hometown which happens to be Ihiala in Anambra state is being developed into Washington DC all thanks to my great governor Willie Obaino, and yes i have been to NYC twice.. hit 'like' if you are from Anambra
Re: Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos by olumidazz: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
So much for tourist attraction in lagos besides that the picture of the entrance of Oniru place not oba of Lagos Palace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Nigerians Who Own Private Jets / Nigerian In Russia-my Experience So Far / Random Photos Of Istanbul Turkey From The Lens Of My J2 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.