Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:42 PM

EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. (20784 Views)

EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan / Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial / APC Spokesman, Lai Threatens To Sue PDP Spokesman, Metuh Over Libel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by PhockPhockMan: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2016

The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has challenged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, to charge the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, to court if the commission has evidence of fraud against him.
“The EFCC appears to be operating a system in which an accused person is first arrested, detained endlessly while the anti-corruption agency goes about looking for evidence,” the governor said.
Mr. Fayose, who maintained his support for a genuine fight against corruption, challenged the EFCC to also act on petitions submitted to it against All Progressives Congress chieftains and President Buhari’s election sponsors.
Speaking through his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, on Friday, Mr. Fayose cautioned that nothing untoward must happen to Mr. Metuh, adding that the APC’s desperation to decimate and silence the opposition has dragged the Buhari-led government in the mud of lawlessness.
The governor said, “In saner climes, you don’t arrest people for alleged fraud and start to look for evidence to prosecute them.
Rather, before you arrest anyone for fraud, anti-corruption agencies must have established a prima facie case and arresting the suspect will only be to enable for his or her arraignment in court.
“However, what we are witnessing in Nigeria today is a situation whereby the EFCC will arrest PDP leaders, humiliate them by subjecting them to media trial, detain them for weeks in the process of trying to force them to make statements during which the commission will be looking for evidence.
“For instance, in the case of Metuh, we are being told that the EFCC is insisting that he must write statements and one begins to wonder if it has now become mandatory for an accused to write statements in law enforcement agent’s custody. Shouldn’t the EFCC have simply charged Metuh to court based on its own evidence? Or is Metuh’s statement the evidence the EFCC requires to prosecute him?
“The international community, especially the United Nations (UN), African Union (AU), European Union (EU) and others are put on notice on this condemnable act of arresting and detaining opposition leaders by agents of the Buhari-led government before fishing for evidence.”
While challenging the President Buhari to extend his anti-corruption crusade to those who sponsored his election, Governor Fayose said any anti-corruption effort that targets only members of the opposition and those with axe to grind with the government of the day can never succeed.
“If President Buhari did not wait for any petition to move against PDP chieftains, asking people to come forward with allegations of corruption against APC chieftains, especially those who sponsored President Buhari’s election is clearly hypocritical.
“Most importantly, that the EFCC Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu even said the commission do not have any petition against APC chieftains when indeed there are loads of petitions against ministers serving in Buhari’s government and other notable APC chieftains goes to show the hypocrisy of the fight against corruption.
“It is even more hypocritical and anti-democratic for the President to have turned himself to the accuser, prosecutor and judge, carrying on as if those he accused of corruption have already been convicted,” the
governor said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/196394-efcc-wants-to-force-arrested-pdp-spokesman-metuh-to-write-statement-fayose.html

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by theshadyexpress(m): 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2016
Fayose carry go...keep speaking truth to power. nobody is above the law not even the self acclaimed all and mighty mr do-no-wrong in aso rock. its just a matter of time before he bites more than he can chew and be rest assured that he'll be cut down to his size.

i cant support a president who:

1) sees himself as a god

2) sees citizens of the same country as unequal in rights

3)divides the country along religious and voting lines

4) is ready to negotiate with shekau but will go to any length to prosecute a yet non violent Nnamdi kanu

5)saw war on boko haram as war against the north because he was not in power but now condemns them when in power

6) is yet to come out to condemn the fulani cattle rearing militia despite the fact that they've killed thousands of innocent people and are now the 4th deadliest terrorist sect in the world

i can go on and talk about the economy,civil service, budget et al but i'll rather stop here

what we have in aso rock is a barefaced hypocrite and a extremely vindictive one at that, i don't really blame some people that are supporting him cos truth be told some are not paid and i can testify to this but they are blinded by the 'media governance' his party offers. its just a matter of time before their eyes will be opened.
character is the true definition of every man. it's like pregnancy, it can be hidden but not for long.

and for those paid APC E-hustlers that'll label me an IPOB, be sure that im not but i refuse to live a lie. Nigeria belongs to everybody and everybody has equal stakes in it if you guys don't know this, well thats not for me to worry about

125 Likes 21 Shares

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by politricks: 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
Every word Fayose said was a hit back to back from pampers to #Ekitigate yet Buhari shun me. Iyalaiya won . Street ti take over talking too much o jawo mo.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by idieagle: 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
Don't worry it is turn by turn e go soon reach ur turn. Thief ole carry am go

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by libertyfather(m): 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
Fayose is back from new year break

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by TheFreeOne: 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
The governor said, “In saner climes, you don’t arrest people for alleged fraud and start to look for evidence to prosecute them.
Rather, before you arrest anyone for fraud, anti-corruption agencies must have established a prima facie case and arresting the suspect will only be to enable for his or her arraignment in court.

EFCC/DSS keeps justifying those who termed Nigeria a zoo. What do we expect when even Buhari once referred to people as "dogs and baboons".

Nigeria is not a jungle let's say NO TO TYRANNY.

21 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
Our Fayose is back... Welcome Mr Gomina.... Ur File is almost ready...

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by theshadyexpress(m): 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
olatunji21:
Our Fayose is back... Welcome Mr Gomina.... Ur File is almost ready...

not every one is corrupt as you have been made to believe and not everybody is scared of the buffoon in aso rock as you are made to believe, so keep that your corruption trash for LAWMA

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by politricks: 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
TheFreeOne:

EFCC/DSS keeps justifying those who termed Nigeria a zoo. What do we expect when even Buhari once referred to people as "dogs and baboons".
Nigeria is not a jungle let's say no to tyranny.
When they were stealing did you tell them 'lets say no to corruption' now that they are being interrogated you are now saying 'lets say no to tyranny'.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by ShowYourCertificate: 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2016
Fayose the brave! Fire one! Keep on speaking the truth even in the midst of oppression. You are a true democrat.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
theshadyexpress:

not every one is corrupt as you have been made to believe and not everybody is scared of the buffoon in aso rock as you are made to believe, so keep that your corruption trash for LAWMA
Who is more of a buffon, Ur fada or d President?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2016
Our Governor Has Gone Mad Again.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by disloman(m): 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
The boy don found his voice.Welcome back ooo.Pommo cutting governor.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by busuyem: 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
Fayose the noise maker.

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by teadrake(m): 7:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
How does fayose come to the discovery that EFCC intends to force metuh to write a statement against his will?is he there presently?This is the time of harvest of all our yams and now that we have BABA collectus,is only a matter of time

28 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by Descartes: 7:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
Shame on Buhari and his supporters

“It is even more hypocritical and anti-democratic for the President to have turned himself to the accuser, prosecutor and judge, carrying on as if those he accused of corruption have already been convicted,”

Tinubu albatross

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by Goke7: 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
Now that metuh is in the cooler and ffk has lost his voice, remaining hope for the wailers is fayose but for how long? We are watching

10 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by jmichlins(m): 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
The last man standing in Pdp. Fayose the way you will fall, you won't understand where the force is coming from. #Ekitigate may be the begining of what will become of you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by shepherd77: 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
Shoro niyen.
Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by ultimateballer: 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
idieagle:
Don't worry it is turn by turn e go soon reach ur turn. Thief ole carry am go

when will it reach buhari's turn as a beneficiary of dasuki gate. Also Amaechi and Fashola or you are just myopic

10 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by ultimateballer: 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
Goke7:
Now that metuh is in the cooler and ffk has lost his voice, remaining hope for the wailers is fayose but for how long? We are watching
so you are happy Buhari is silencing the opposition? The Nigerian masses are unintelligent fools

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by Psalm18: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
He raises some intelligent points.
If the man on the street understands how these politicians act behind the scenes, when sharing monies.
They don't care for religion of region, just the naira sign.

Amaechi should be hauled before Efcc based on the petitions already written.

Secondly we have seen all this played our before

1.OUK of abia state
2.Ladoja of Oyo
3. Late Audu
4. Ex IMO state governor
5. Joshu dariye of plateau
6. Odili( the worst of them all, this dude has a court order that law enforcement MUST never investigate him)
All these guys stole moeny but are walking free today.

After all these arrests, we MUST see convictions.
How is it done in advanced countries.
Get forensics auditors to follow the money trail
Get your witnesses ready, give them.immunity. the bank clerk that helped the transaction go through is a small fry or the real estate agent that help buy the property.
Go after the big guys on top.

Or else all these guys will walk free, like Fani Kayode did..its not the job of a judge to just send people to prison. You have to convince him.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by chucs: 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
This stu.pid governor should shut his mouth. Thesame goes to the person who quoted him. Seriously,youths of this country should start reading wide. There is no way this man will come out in a modern world and make such assertions because most people abroad know their law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by PhockPhockMan: 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
politricks:
When they were stealing did you tell them 'lets say no to corruption' now that they are being interrogated you are now saying 'lets say no to tyranny'.

Ok

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by asadike(f): 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
theshadyexpress:
Fayose carry go...keep speaking truth to power. nobody is above the law not even the self acclaimed all and mighty mr do-no-wrong in aso rock. its just a matter of time before he bites more than he can chew and be rest assured that he'll be cut down to his size.

i cant support a president who:

1) sees himself as a god

2) sees citizens of the same country as unequal in rights

3)divides the country along religious and voting lines

4) is ready to negotiate with shekau but will go to any length to prosecute a yet non violent Nnamdi kanu

5)saw war on boko haram as war against the north because he was not in power but now condemns them when in power

6) is yet to come out to condemn the fulani cattle rearing militia despite the fact that they've killed thousands of innocent people and are now the 4th deadliest terrorist sect in the world

i can go on and talk about the economy,civil service, budget et al but i'll rather stop here

what we have in aso rock is a barefaced hypocrite and a extremely vindictive one at that, i don't really blame some people that are supporting him cos truth be told some are not paid and i can testify to this but they are blinded by the 'media governance' his party offers. its just a matter of time before their eyes will be opened.
character is the true definition of every man. it's like pregnancy, it can be hidden but not for long.

and for those paid APC E-hustlers that'll label me an IPOB, be sure that im not but i refuse to live a lie. Nigeria belongs to everybody and everybody has equal stakes in it if you guys don't know this, well thats not for me to worry about
chai! dis is d kind of guy i need in my life jor,not all dis chewing gum boys. I love u for dis. keep it up

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
Buhari hates criticism but hauls insults at Jonathan.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by TheFreeOne: 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2016
politricks:

I have always been against corruption and you can verify via my posts.

But we should be wary of the ripple effect of tyranny on the image of this country and our judiciary in the course of fighting corruption which may turn counter productive in producing good results.

Even "IMF boss advises caution" lest it amounts to a bull in a china shop or a madman with lighter in a petrol station.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by princemillla(m): 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
theshadyexpress:
Fayose carry go...keep speaking truth to power.

What truth can ever come out from a man who claim he is preaching true democracy but acting other wise?

I hate to see a man oppose what he preaches
Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by fitzmayowa: 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2016
The governor said, “In saner climes, you don’t arrest people for alleged
fraud and start to look for evidence to prosecute them.
Rather, before you arrest anyone for fraud, anti-corruption agencies
must have established a prima facie case and arresting the suspect
will only be to enable for his or her arraignment in court.

This is the reason why most people scream witch hunt you get evidence first before arrest not arrest before evidence....

I miss ribadu, during ribadu's tenure as EFCC chairman we never had cases of people been arrested before they get evidence against them...

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Force Arrested PDP Spokesman, Metuh, To Write Statement — Fayose. by Justiyke4u: 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
There are some sense in what he is saying even the Constitution stipulated the no of hours or days an accused should be in detention before charging him to court. Other countries sometimes take the accused person from point of arrest to court meaning that arrest is the last thing they do after investigation is complete but here in Nigeria...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

From 30, Senators With Saraki At CCT Shrink To 18. / Fresh Explosion Rocks Borno State / Buhari appoints Adeniran as Surveyor-General of the Federation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.