Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,455 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? (26852 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Sacks Husband, Brings In Boyfriend, Have Sex In Front Of Kids / Mother Ties Up Her Four Kids In A Viral Christmas Photo / The Life Of Kids With Limited Limbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by chichriso: 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
akudinaobi:
Oh boy only this your pics alone go prsue attendants from the programe, the hair cut too mean mehhhn

I dont care what people will say about it

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by davidif: 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
OP, Thanks for tholis. I always thought about it.
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by AOGAOG: 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
Everyone should find time and visit them please with anything U have. Nothing is too small and God will bless u

1 Like

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by egee(m): 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
Gud question... Often wondered myself undecided undecided
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by geesilver(m): 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
SexyStrawberry:

I am quoting u coz of ur signature, not coz of ur comment, in just a few words u just spelt out my life there.
Thanks.......in life one need to depend on his or her self only.

2 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by Wyttcat: 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2016
It's ma oo! Thanks!
iamodenigbo1:
true sir
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by Wyttcat: 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
But why is Catholic doing that? Do they have something to hide considering their child abuse reputation?

People need to start asking questions about these children who can't speak for themselves, especially in a society with human rituals news every now and then. Children get missing in American foster homes too but, DFACS are held accountable for each missing child.

Wait a minute, who is tracking these orphans placements and progress in the country. The thought of what could be happening to these kids just sent goose bumps all over my body.

GodnGold:
The orphanage run by the Catholic organisation I know has refused the adoption process.
They are rude about it.
They don't even allow you to get as far as the security post with such intentions.
#mooffencetothecatholics

1 Like

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by coretechng1(m): 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2016
Op You have raised a very important question which I never bothered about. I don't even think of it. I only think about them as kids that's needed to be cared for. Most people here don't really get your drift-which I think is how do this people get integrated into the society. Who do they call father ,mother,sister and so on. I may adopt one someday. You have raised my consciousness in this respect. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:37pm On Jan 09, 2016
Wyttcat:
It's ma oo! Thanks!
my bad,thanks all the same

1 Like

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
coretechng1:
Op You have raised a very important question which I never bothered about. I don't even think of it. I only think about them as kids that's needed to be cared for. Most people here don't really get your drift-which I think is how do this people get integrated into the society. Who do they call father ,mother,sister and so on. I may adopt one someday. You have raised my consciousness in this respect. Thanks.
Thank you sir
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by Wyttcat: 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2016
I once saw an article about how many states move them to welfare/juvenile centers, but I didn't believe it, because I know this centers are some form of correctional/rehabilitation facilities for junior criminals. These are just orphans not criminals. Can anyone corroborate this?
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
AOGAOG:
Everyone should find time and visit them please with anything U have. Nothing is too small and God will bless u
and bless you too
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
Wyttcat:
I once saw an article about how many states move them to welfare/juvenile centers, but I didn't believe it, because I know this centers are some form of correctional/rehabilitation facilities for junior criminals. These are just orphanes not criminals. Can anyone corroborate this?
something need to be done urgently to know the plight of this people and what becomes of them when they are 18 and above

3 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by Wyttcat: 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
I hope!
What a loophole for ritualists and child traffickers to exploit
iamodenigbo1:
something need to be done urgently to know the plight of this people and what becomes of them when they are 18 and above
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by Ewuro4: 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
Err , they live a normal life like you and me undecided

What a question
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by Ewuro4: 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
Wyttcat:
I once saw an article about how many states move them to welfare/juvenile centers, but I didn't believe it, because I know this centers are some form of correctional/rehabilitation facilities for junior criminals. These are just orphans not criminals. Can anyone corroborate this?

Why should they move them to Juvies/group homes, Are all orphans classified Criminals/sickos?

Please paste that link to that article here.

1 Like

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by akudinaobi(m): 12:36am On Jan 10, 2016
chichriso:

I dont care what people will say about it

Baba am cool fashi my side
Am cool
Am a fan of your pastor
I watch online all the way from lasgidi
I hail bross

I will risk everything to see christ
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:52am On Jan 10, 2016
Wyttcat:
I hope! What a loophole for ritualists and child traffickers to exploit
it is possible

1 Like

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by bengoodcreature: 7:35am On Jan 10, 2016
My brethren, that is to prove to u that our God is wonderful, He said it in the Bible that He can provide for the birds of d Air, how much more we Human beings, the only thing that upholds and sustains us is FAITH in GOD

1 Like

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by ifyalways(f): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2016
They integrate into the society just like everyone else.

I fostered one, after her secondary school education, she practically lived with me( spend hols with my family while in uni). She's married now and even have her own kids, my darling grand children.

I know a home that does the following for them grown kids :
Put them in uni or vocation centers
Rents an apartment for them ie the girls stays in a Duplex as sisters, same for the boys where they spend they Sch holidays.
Some go live or spend their holidays with their foster parents.
Some get employed, can take care of themselves and move out, rent their own apartment.
Some get married, start their own family.
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by Foxie: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
dayoonline:
I am one. Lost both when I was 5. Graduated last year atop of my class n as d only first class in my dept from UI. Still held posts at d departmental and faculty level and engaged in extracurricular activities with normal social life. Almost done with nysc now. Being one teaches you to be resilient, circumspect and unwaveringly focused.
Needless to say, I'm 21. God be with all others across the world.
It's well dear, may the almighty God make your path to continue to shine brighter. When you need help, Heaven, men and women alike will run helter skelter and compete to help you. God will forever be with you.

2 Likes

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by iamodenigbo1(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
ifyalways:
They integrate into the society just like everyone else.

I fostered one, after her secondary school education, she practically lived with me( spend hols with my family while in uni). She's married now and even have her own kids, my darling grand children.

I know a home that does the following for them grown kids :
Put them in uni or vocation centers
Rents an apartment for them ie the girls stays in a Duplex as sisters, same for the boys where they spend they Sch holidays.
Some go live or spend their holidays with their foster parents.
Some get employed, can take care of themselves and move out, rent their own apartment.
Some get married, start their own family.

wonderful
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by dayoonline: 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
Foxie:
It's well dear, may the almighty God make your path to continue to shine brighter. When you need help, Heaven, men and women alike will run helter skelter and compete to help you. God will forever be with you.

Amen. Thank you Foxie. I truly appreciate your prayers and empathy. Still and all, I've learnt to be independent already and I don't feel bad a bit. You wouldn't even have the feeling if you see me or stay around me. I just hope and pray God bestows upon others such resolve to fight the psychological, financial and spiritual battles that abound in our world.

1 Like

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by Foxie: 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
dayoonline:

Amen. Thank you Foxie. I truly appreciate your prayers and empathy. Still and all, I've learnt to be independent already and I don't feel bad a bit. You wouldn't even have the feeling if you see me or stay around me. I just hope and pray God bestows upon others such resolve to fight the psychological, financial and spiritual battles that abound in our world.
It's my pleasure. I like your spirit, your courage.

1 Like

Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by Wyttcat: 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
I will search for the link and post it here.

Here's the link

http://ebunoluwa.org/Adoptions.html
Ewuro4:

Why should they move them to Juvies/group homes, Are all orphans classified Criminals/sickos?

Please paste that link to that article here.
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by Wyttcat: 8:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
It is!
iamodenigbo1:
it is possible
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wyttcat:
It is!
is possible
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by Wyttcat: 3:53am On Jan 11, 2016
Ewuro4

But i hope it isn't true though
Wyttcat:
I will search for the link and post it here.

Here's the link.

http://ebunoluwa.org/Adoptions.html
Re: What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? by tpiar: 6:52pm On Feb 22, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Theory Of The Modern Wife / John Fatoye Is Missing. Works In Lekki (pics) / How To Increase Intimacy In Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.