Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,825 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls (14556 Views)

Kogi Polls: Police Uncover Plan To Dress Thugs In Police Uniform / Aregbesola Wins Yoruba Living Legend Award and other awards / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by chidichris(m): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2009
i still don't want to believe obj is not among the top 5.
this is a shame to all he claims. such elections without the likes of iwu at the head, will tell u what nigerians feel.
i wish nigerian future elections will be conducted in this manner bypassing the iwu madness.
well since obj did not qualify for this, let us find another one that will make him be among the greatest like sleeping with daughter inlaws.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Abuja1(m): 11:28am On Jun 20, 2009
if only his church poeple vote him in nigeria, he will win the poll, i mean adeboye,whaat have he done to nigerians, name them? ojukwu deserve it.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by GeorgeD1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2009
ojukwu? oh, pls let's be serious for once!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bawomolo(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2009
rockhaven:

whoever is the moderator here should remove that unkind picture of pastor adeboye.as i said pastor adeboye ought to have disqualified himself he doesnt need all these comments.

fanaticism
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by GeorgeD1(m): 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2009
the ungodly ones always see religion as fanaticism.
how amusing!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by yourmex: 12:39am On Jun 21, 2009
baba deserved this; he is a real legend ok,
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by yourmex: 12:44am On Jun 21, 2009
baba deserved this; he is a real legend  ok,
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by mayorking(m): 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2009
I have read some of the posts in this thread and I think a lot of people are just ignorant and lack depth. While I did not vote on that poll, I believe that some of the things said here are just a reflection of people who don't do anything to affect their society but like to rubbish what others have done. Newsweek voted Pst Adeboye as one of the 50 most influential men in he world! Yet some people on this thread claim that it is just RCCG members that voted for him to win. If we even assume that they really voted for him, it only shows that the members are ready to perform simply basic civic responsibilities rather than just sitting in front of the computer or the media and criticizing.

I agree that Nigeria is really a religious society that largely lack righteousness, but that does not take away the fact that some men have given themselves to the service of God and are affecting humanity. Do you have to make noise about what you are doing before we know that you are affecting humanity? I am not really surprised at some people's reasoning anyway as the thinking of the people of this world is corrupted. Someone says that Pst Adeboye should have disqualified himself from the poll. The question is why should he do that? Is he not a Nigerian? Did he have to contest for anything of such? Some people nominated him and so let it be. People voted him and so let it be.

Some talked about brainwashing. I am amused! So when somebody have been able to influence people by his teaching and humility you call it brainwashing. If I must tell you, the act of influencing people and making them loyal to you is the sign of greatness. After all, the man is not the only Pst in the country, so if he is the only pst to win is telling us a lot. And to set the record straight, the man did not start RCCG, he became the General Overseer after the demise of the General Superintendent, Baba Akindayomi.

Anyway, Jesus says a servant cannot be greater than his master. When he was on the earth, they said he had a devil, so if they call his servant on earth now names is not surprising. They are only following the script that is written for them by their own master!

By the way, all the people who are on that list deserve it in their own way. We must realise that greatness or legendry is not limited to only one particular area of human endeavour. Some want to question Ojukwu's inclusion. Well, while I am not an Ibo man, I believe that if Nigeria have honoured the Aburi declaration we will not be where we are today. There would have been a  true Republic where the centre is been feed by the regions with healthy competition in the regions as we had before Kaduna Ezeogwu and his cohort struck.So Ojukwu is a legend for daring to make sure that was the case.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by nikky5(m): 2:46am On Jun 22, 2009
I think pastor Adeboye deserves the honour.God has made him what he is today.He is a role model to every nigerian.He is not the founder of RCCG and he didn't but any jet for himself.the church did.Whosoever replaces him will use that jet and not his family members.Pastor Adeboye is a man of God and people should be very careful of what they say against men of God.Congrats pastor!May your enemies be born again in Jesus name.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Jakumo(m): 5:24am On Jun 22, 2009
You guys are absolutely right that Pastor Eunuch deserves numerous awards. Perhaps we could start with a Golden Cutlass Award for the good pastor, in recognition of the number of innocent Nigerian road users who were dispatched to the lap of JEEEEESUS as a direct result of the monthly blockade of the Lagos Expressway caused by gridlocked followers of the Gulfstream jet owning miracle pastor.

Arise, Sir Eunuch, I hereby bestow you with the title of Lion of the Lagos Expressway, and Vanquisher of the Wildebeest.

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bawomolo(m): 5:42am On Jun 22, 2009
lol@lion of the lagos express way
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 8:46am On Jun 22, 2009
una still dey here? grin grin

winner o o o winner 2ce, Adeboye u don win o, winner
patapata u go win forever winner.

una no like am, make una go drink acid

wetin? una no get N50 to vote abi ur fones no get network when the voting was on?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by KnowAll(m): 9:29am On Jun 22, 2009
Adeboye was voted by his constituency the RCG by any means that is a huge constituency I doubt whether a Fulani cattle rarer in Sokoto or an illiterate market woman in Ibadan was aware of this poll. Giving the fact that Nigeria as a country has a population of between 65% to  85% semi and stack illiterates the result did not come as a surprise. There is that popular saying again my people perish for lack of knowledge, RCG are a bunch of informed and knowledgeable people albeit in the word of God,  and knowledge of such a poll taking place would have been at the finger tips of her congregation clearly the outcome of the results speaks for itself
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by ilosiwaju: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2009
tkb417:

una still dey here? grin grin

winner o o o winner 2ce, Adeboye u don win o, winner
patapata u go win forever winner.

una no like am, make una go drink acid

wetin? una no get N50 to vote abi ur fones no get network when the voting was on?

pastor na him dem give respect pass, and dem dey do bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad baaaad things.
thru jesus christ our lord,

tkb417,make people drink acid cos of your pastor? i can now see your brainwash status.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2009
tkb417,make people drink acid cos of your pastor? i can now see your brainwash status.
u cant read, u cant write and yet ure here to spew bunkum

read with ur eyes opened
i said drink acid if u dont like the fact that the man won.
just do as i say so you rodents can reduce on the surface of the earth on Nairaland grin grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by ilosiwaju: 5:11pm On Jun 22, 2009
well, get me a pair of spectacles
mr xtian jihadist.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2009
mr xtian jihadist.
nice use of an oxymoron coming frm a slowpoke

a xtian? a jihadist?
ure a lunatic
lol
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by nacom(f): 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2009
ilosiwaju:

pastor na him dem give respect pass, and dem dey do bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad baaaad things.
thru jesus christ our lord,

shocked shocked shocked

ilosiwaju:

mr xtian jihadist.

@ ilosiwaju

Lets be very candid about your screen name, Ilosiwaju. According to the little yoruba language i understand,your name is suppose to mean " Making progress".

But lets face the facts,with comments such as the above you have made.I find hard to believe you are making progress with such retarded remarks.

correct me if i am wrong !
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2009
So Alloy.emeka is Hotfunmi/osunamazon/Funmi etc. . . . . the middle aged lady? No wonder. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by kokooro1: 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2009
Read a number of the posts here and I'm amazed at the number of pathetic haters on this forum. If the posters/members of this forum is as representative sample of Nigeria's future leadership class then it is indeed sad what that future will entail.

A more recent example of STUPIDITY (I checked that word out for effectiveness in meaning)
Jakumo:

You guys are absolutely right that Pastor Eunuch deserves numerous awards.  Perhaps we could start with a Golden Cutlass Award for the good pastor, in recognition of the number of innocent Nigerian road users who were dispatched to the lap of JEEEEESUS as a direct result of the monthly blockade of the Lagos Expressway caused by gridlocked followers of the Gulfstream jet owning  miracle pastor.

Arise, Sir Eunuch, I hereby bestow you with the title of Lion of the Lagos Expressway, and Vanquisher of the Wildebeest.

How many accidents has occured on the Expressway this lost soul (who equally seem demented) refered on the day of the monthly programme of the RCCG in the last five years. Traffic jams. Yes. But how many accidents resulting directly from the monthly activivties.

People like this posters should let everyone know if Pastor Adeboye/RCCG is responsible for the daily traffic on Ikorodu Rd, 3rd mainland bridge, etc. Or the acccidents that occur daily on these routes. Or is he the one that lined the said expressway with trailers and tankers that cause at least one fatal acident each week.

The mental inadequacy of the IDIOTS that posters class will not let them take time to find out the kind of person this man Adeboye is by listening to him. THEY ARE EVER SO AFRAID OF BEING "BRAINWASHED" (converted). You can tell that their positions are based on hearsays Typical of of those who too lazy to seek facts.

gentlemen the name of the man is ENOCH ADEJARE ADEBOYE. And he is old enough to father a number of you. You may not agree with his beliefs but he has been successful so in what he believes in (his faith).
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bawomolo(m): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2009
no he isn't.

hotfunmi is a strong feminist that would have wanted a woman to win the poll.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by kokooro1: 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2009
Read a number of the posts here and I'm amazed at the number of pathetic haters on this forum. If the posters/members of this forum is as representative sample of Nigeria's future leadership class then it is indeed sad what that future will entail.

A more recent example of STUPIDITY (I checked that word out for effectiveness in meaning)
Jakumo:

You guys are absolutely right that Pastor Eunuch deserves numerous awards.  Perhaps we could start with a Golden Cutlass Award for the good pastor, in recognition of the number of innocent Nigerian road users who were dispatched to the lap of JEEEEESUS as a direct result of the monthly blockade of the Lagos Expressway caused by gridlocked followers of the Gulfstream jet owning  miracle pastor.

How many accidents has occured on the Expressway this lost soul (who equally seem demented) refered on the day of the monthly programme of the RCCG in the last five years. Traffic jams. Yes. But how many accidents resulting directly from the monthly activivties.

People like this posters should let everyone know if Pastor Adeboye/RCCG is responsible for the daily traffic on Ikorodu Rd, 3rd mainland bridge, etc. Or the acccidents that occur daily on these routes. Or is he the one that lined the said expressway with trailers and tankers that cause at least one fatal acident each week.

The mental inadequacy of the IDIOTS that posters class will not let them take time to find out the kind of person this man Adeboye is by listening to him. THEY ARE EVER SO AFRAID OF BEING "BRAINWASHED" (converted). You can tell that their positions are based on hearsays Typical of of those who too lazy to seek facts.

gentlemen the name of the man is ENOCH ADEJARE ADEBOYE. And he is old enough to father a number of you. You may not agree with his beliefs but he has been successful so in what he believes in (his faith).
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tpiah: 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2009
methinks Iweala should become a pastor- that way she'll get more support from Nigerians.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by kokooro1: 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2009

Jakumo:

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2009
@koko-oro

Your first three posts were used to attack Jakumo like he has been attacking your "daddy"? Now that you have retaliated for "daddy", whats the difference between you and jakumo?

Bunch of fanatics if you ask me.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2009
Koko-oro
e don do. how many times do you want to post it?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by phantom(m): 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2009
Now i can see why he was voted one of the most influential people in the world, Make una remember jim jones o! @na.com, Tell your parents that luckily for them,since youre just 16,its not to late for them to correct their mistake
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by nacom(f): 8:56pm On Jun 22, 2009

@ Phantom,

From the funny remarks about your parents.
Let me guess ! Its either you dont have parents or you dont know them.

Too bad, you choose to pick on me ! undecided undecided
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Jakumo(m): 5:28am On Jun 23, 2009
koko-oko:

Koko-oko, now I may be mistaken, but I detect a subtle undercurrent of impotent rage in your repetitive posting of the same paragraphs.  Also, are you trying to suggest that Pastor Eunuch is not deserving of his new title as the Lion of the Lagos Expressway ?   Before you respond with another half-dozen duplicate submissions, I must remind you that traditional titles of this nature are only awarded to individuals who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to attain the exalted status of super-predators on the innocent, of which, in my humble opinion, Pastor Eunuch is a textbook example.

I note with interest from the boldface text above that you feel Pastor Eunuch has a God-given right to block a federal highway in a way that endangers and kills motorists stranded in 24-hour gridlocked traffic jams every month.  My response to that opinion is this :  Praise the Lord !  I remain fully confident that all persons martyred in this way will be granted a stool at the feet of the Good Lord, PROVIDED that the victims have at least one DIRECT relative who faithfully and regularly sumbits cash to Pastor Eunuch in the name of JEEEESUS.

On a purely aesthetic note, I must say that Pastor Eunuch looks far more imposing, majestic and masterful decked out in his lion-esque regalia than he does in his Chinchilla fur coat, despite the intimidating price tag of the latter outfit.

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by phantom(m): 6:01am On Jun 23, 2009
Wow, Didnt know sh*t could be stacked this high in 16yrs shocked @jak, Roflmao!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nezan(m): 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2009
NAIJA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,EVERY THING GOES!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by nacom(f): 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
@ Phantom

Let me guess your age ! Wait one sec.
You should be old enough to be my father right ? Dumb Old slowpoke ! undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Gbenga Daniel Steps Down From PDP Chairmanship Race / Mai Mala Buni: Dogara’s Return To APC Excites Buhari / APC Lists Sub-Committees Of Special Convention For Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.