Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls (14566 Views)

Kogi Polls: Police Uncover Plan To Dress Thugs In Police Uniform / Aregbesola Wins Yoruba Living Legend Award and other awards / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by oludashmi(f): 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2009
And you speak what thought? The thought of your stomach? What makes Adeboye a legend in Nigeria? At least I am persuaded to assume that more than half of the Nigerian population (I mean muslims) may not have voted him as their legend. Then for the rest half, what has he done for them? How many charities has he established? How many scholarships has he given? Was he not mentioned in custom duties evasion bothering on corruption? Lemme hear word ojare.

@ Afakwu
At the boldened part, what ever your right hand do, don't let it be known to your left hand.

Do you expect him to start by listing his personal motherless babies home, charity home, annual students on scholarship, other welfare infos or the free for all maternity centre at Ebute Meta? When talking or criticizing, try get facts.

Secondly, majority of those who say bla bla bla about others do not even have 1% of sympathy or show 0.5% love to people on there way up or down not to talk of their suffering family members or relatives.

Anyway, congratulations to them all.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tjadeba(m): 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2009
Guys, Trust hypocrites with their theories, You needn't go far because our system in this country is where a person who is undeserving of something gets it first.In politics,religion,education,sports and what sector have you.It's a system not based on Meritocracy.In the first place,i beleive Adeboye's name was rigged into the poll just like Yar'adua's was to the presidential election that held in 2007 because if we are to even talk about living legends in the Christendom/spiritualism, he wont come anywhere near the 4th.What are we to say about Bishop Gbonigi,Arch-Bishop Alonge,Arch Bishop Anthony Okogie and their likes?these are people have really added one value or the other to these society and in no small way too.they have stood against our oppressors when their lives were at stake, they have been able to demonstrate a highl level of accountability and transparency in the handling of financial issues as it regards their flocks because i have never heard of any story of financial impropriety or the other labelled against them.If Adeboye is to come into the fray of these legends like Soyinka and Fawehinmi,why is Okotie,Oyakhilome or Oyedepo's name missing?
Again,i hear people saying he donated 50 Million (Euro,Pounds,Dollars or Naira) to UnILAG.People,what legitimate job does he do to have that kind of money or did he donate that on behalf of RCCG?Is it not the poor people's money he claims to shepard(indeed)?
All in all,what has been this man's contribution to Nigeria's development?no amount of christian we have will solve our basic problems, a pointer to it is that the number of christians/muslims we have in Nigeria today does not have any impact on the level of corruption in the Nation today, its likeboth keep rising at the same pace.Our values keep getting worse yet the number of muslims/christians keep rising, what do these our preachers teach their congregation? final word
anyhow, the poll says a lot about nigerians and our values and why we will in 2020, we will probably have regressed even more .
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by maedan(f): 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
It's a shame when people who can only dream to achieve what these icons have achieved in their lifetimes, can speak so rudely and with such blindsidedness about, for example, a man of God like Pastor Adeboye. This is not hero-worship but fact: this man has touched more lives than can be measured. He surely touched mine. If his university seems expensive, do you know how much it will cost to run such an institution to high international standards? In offering the best, it has become somewhat costly to the less privileged. Does that diminish the good that a quality university would do to those who can afford it? For all you know, he has scholarships for the less privileged, so long as they have the brains and determination. In short, it is good to respect your elders,no matter what you think of them. It's plain out of order for someone to insult Adeboye the way some people here are doing. Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a part of this forum.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sjolasun: 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2009
adybabs:

@ The criteria for nomination was based on selfless service; enduring achievements; sincerity of purpose; resilience; patriotism; uprightness; respectability and incorruptibililience; patriotism; uprightness; respectability and incorruptibi.

please the winners should be asked to declare their assets, produce their CURRENT TAX RETURNS before issuance of the AWARDS.  I believe 2 or none will show up up for collection. this will go a long way in knowing if they ARE  truly PATRIOTIC.
[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2009
Guys, Trust hypocrites with their theories, You needn't go far because our system in this country is where a person who is undeserving of something gets it first.In politics,religion,education,sports and what sector have you.It's a system not based on Meritocracy.In the first place,i beleive Adeboye's name was rigged into the poll just like Yar'adua's was to the presidential election that held in 2007 because if we are to even talk about living legends in the Christendom/spiritualism, he wont come anywhere near the 4th.What are we to say about Bishop Gbonigi,Arch-Bishop Alonge,Arch Bishop Anthony Okogie and their likes?these are people have really added one value or the other to these society and in no small way too.they have stood against our oppressors when their lives were at stake, they have been able to demonstrate a highl level of accountability and transparency in the handling of financial issues as it regards their flocks because i have never heard of any story of financial impropriety or the other labelled against them.If Adeboye is to come into the fray of these legends like Soyinka and Fawehinmi,why is Okotie,Oyakhilome or Oyedepo's name missing?
[b]Again,i hear people saying he donated 50 Million (Euro,Pounds,Dollars or Naira) to UnILAG.People,what legitimate job does he do to have that kind of money or did he donate that on behalf of RCCG?Is it not the poor people's money he claims to shepard(indeed)?
All in all,what has been this man's contribution to Nigeria's development?[/b]no amount of christian we have will solve our basic problems, a pointer to it is that the number of christians/muslims we have in Nigeria today does not have any impact on the level of corruption in the Nation today, its likeboth keep rising at the same pace.Our values keep getting worse yet the number of muslims/christians keep rising, what do these our preachers teach their congregation? final word

hehehehe
and now they are coming out in droves

by the way, i think one of the posters said he doesnt give schorlarships; now your grouse is where he got the money he gave to Unilag?
lmao!

one more thing, are u asking how hes has contributed to the development of Nigeria?
are you kidding me?
someone who owns a University where thousands will be trained shocked
and that must be the joke of the year

some of us shld be posting in our mother tongue cos we seem not to understand the thread/topic
runnin at the speed of light to post jagbajantis shld attract severe penalties on this blog

seun over to u grin grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by freshmoney(m): 2:00pm On Jun 18, 2009
@Maedan: You talk no sense, no be your fault, if you are from an average earner's family, you would not be talking this stupid!

Nigerians are rapidly becoming independent, rational, however, we still have some indoctrinated 'Malus' out there.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sjolasun: 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2009
adybabs:

@ The criteria for nomination was based on selfless service; enduring achievements; sincerity of purpose; resilience; patriotism; uprightness; respectability and incorruptibililience; patriotism; uprightness; respectability and incorruptibi.

please the winners should be asked to declare their assets, produce their CURRENT TAX RETURNS before issuance of the AWARDS.  I believe 2 or none will show up up for collection. this will go a long way in knowing if they ARE  truly PATRIOTIC.
[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Ollajay: 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2009
Reading through most of the comments here, it appears none of the nominees or the winners deserve to win. Most opinions are typical of Nigerians' ''run them down'' atitude.

Before you can be celebrated by Nigerians, you must never have made a single mistake in your life. No matter your good works, a single blemish- whether proven or not-  is enough for them to condemn you.

If Jesus (or Muhhamed) were Nigerians and nominated for the award, Nigerians would still run them down.

I think this attitude is simply despicable and is one reason why the best people will never serve Nigeria.

South Africans celebrates Mandela (who was not the greatest aparthied fighter anyway but merely the surviving of the lot- eg Dedan Kimati) despite his flaws.

Americans celebrated Clinton despite his flaws;

Today, Nigerians speak against Awolowo, Azikiwe, Balewa, etc

In short, Nigeria has no hero, no one to look up to.

Sadly, most Nigerians who condemn these leaders are worse than them.

Nigerians are killing Nigeria!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by javalove(m): 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2009
Adeboye, living legend??

wat kind of a country is dis!!! What has he done for nigeria to have deserved that spot other than extortion?

prp ilu yi ti su mi!!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2009
well there it is, we so adore living legends. next step, we make them living gods
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tjadeba(m): 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2009
one more thing, are u asking how hes has contributed to the development of Nigeria?
are you kidding me?

someone who owns a University where thousands will be trained
and that must be the joke of the year

another regressive yarn!

Atiku owns a university grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by javalove(m): 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2009
tjadeba:

another regressive yarn!

Atiku owns a university grin

he would have deserved it if the university is free of charge. he extorts millions every week and parents still have to pay tru dere nose in his skool.

if my business fails, i wud setup a church . . . no recession !!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by maedan(f): 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ FRESHMONEY

You are a disgrace to every literate person in this world. I didn't attend a private university but does that make me a bitter, angry, self-hating slowpoke like you? Don't come here and think that by insulting me, you look smart. Buffoon.  Anyone can call someone names, it's something even the people on the streets do. but what makes us different is how we rationally and with respect for others, state our opinions, which is what I did on the university issue. You need to get out of your own a**rse. Retard.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SamMilla1(m): 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2009
Nigeria : estimated population : 150 million.

Muslims : more than half of that population,

christians and and others : lets assume half of the population.

votes :

adebayo : christian votes : 60%
               muslim votes : 0%.

So tell me how he won, with the majority of the nation not voting for him,

actually, lets put it this way too,

Nairlanders represent majority of the internet users in Nigeria,

How many of you voted because i didnt.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Emperoh(m): 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2009
Kanu Nwankwo has a heart foundation that caters for underprivileged children with heart related diseases, won the 1996 olympic gold medal in football as captain of the dream team!!

Odumegwu Ojukwu, was the commander in chief of the Biafran Army and fought for the liberation and wrong justice against the Igbo.

Wole Soyinka, First and only Nigerian Nobel laureat, vocal critic of harsh govrnment policies and one of the few that had the balls the stand the Sani Abacha dark days

Gani Fawehinmi, Human rights activist and one of the few to stand to Abacha.

Bishop Adeboye?

When will our religious sentiments set our sense of judgement free? When will we jettison the everly religious under-tone that becloud our sense of reasoning. the most religious yet the most corrupt nation on planet earth.
Will someone pls point out ONE national issue Adeboye has stood up to? When has being a pastor qualified someone to be a national hero?

What happened to Chinua Achebe? Even Dora Akunyili has done more to deserve a slot in the five than Adeboye.

As much he is voted, i strongly believe he doesn't even deserve to be mentioned.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2009
another regressive yarn!

Atiku owns a university

and so if he does?

call a spade a spade
if he owns a UNI, hes definitely adding to the development of 9ja
if u dont know, then too bad

Reading through most of the comments here, it appears none of the nominees or the winners deserve to win. Most opinions are typical of Nigerians' ''run them down'' atitude.

Before you can be celebrated by Nigerians, you must never have made a single mistake in your life. No matter your good works, a single blemish- whether proven or not-  is enough for them to condemn you.

If Jesus (or Muhhamed) were Nigerians and nominated for the award, Nigerians would still run them down.

I think this attitude is simply despicable and is one reason why the best people will never serve Nigeria.

South Africans celebrates Mandela (who was not the greatest aparthied fighter anyway but merely the surviving of the lot- eg Dedan Kimati) despite his flaws.

Americans celebrated Clinton despite his flaws;

Today, Nigerians speak against Awolowo, Azikiwe, Balewa, etc

In short, Nigeria has no hero, no one to look up to.

Sadly, most Nigerians who condemn these leaders are worse than them.

Nigerians are killing Nigeria!    

shocked shocked shocked
i couldnt have said this better
been trying to say exactly the above but i always end up deleting cos i couldnt pass the message just like i wanted

Take Ojukwu and ull hear about the killings his war brought about
Kanu? and u'll hear mundane reasons why he shouldnt have been shortlisted
Gani? u'll be surpised at what people will say

did anybody say Wole Soyinka? i laff in my mother tongue. The same person tht was nearly 'killed' cos he took an appointment with FRSC under Babangida shocked shocked

i think we shld just put a stop to this unnecessary opaks we throw here
for people like jakumo, oyb and Ibime who can still post meaningfully, ill say youre entitled to your opinions
and for those coming with some inconsistent and some insipid composition, ill say pls go to bed or find something bera to do with ur idle time

guys guys guys, wtf?
we just love to pull down in this country for no reason
check urself, are you worthy of pulling anybody down?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kx: 2:30pm On Jun 18, 2009
Sam Milla:

Vote?
Why vote when the vote itself was not meant to be free?
The surveys and polls they do in d western world,
do dey charge u say 50naira to participate or motivate u to vote
by any means possible instead?

The greatest living 9ja legend is gani and soyinka together.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
Nigeria : estimated population : 150 million.

Muslims : more than half of that population,

christians and and others : lets assume half of the population.

votes :

adebayo : christian votes : 60%
muslim votes : 0%.

So tell me how he won, with the majority of the nation not voting for him,

actually, lets put it this way too,

Nairlanders represent majority of the internet users in Nigeria,

and whats ur point?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by cecegorz(m): 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2009
@phemmy
Here are the criteria they used

''According to Vanguard and Silverbird, the project was borne out of the fact that “for too long in Nigeria, so much emphasis has been placed on materialism and wealth, which in turn has led to the get rich quick syndrome and the erroneous praise of visibly corrupt and irresponsible individuals, a situation that has led to undeserving and unworthy people being bestowed with National Awards while the real heroes of our time, who have contributed selflessly to the upliftment and development of our fatherland have had their achievements gone unnoticed because of the present day celebration of mediocrity and corruption”.

I think people who are hard on Kanu are most likely to be in dark about KANU HEART FOUNDATION and the number of heart surgery bills the foundation had taken care of so far.

Nevertheless, by the criteria of the organisers, i believe the duo of Kongi(Soyinka) and Gani should be up there, way ahead of the pack.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by switch47(m): 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2009
CONGRATULATIONS TO PASTOR ADEBOYE. In my candid opinon he is a legend of high repute, he don win the poll and no one can take that from him, all the sentiments against him goes to no issue and it is null and void, without effect!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by canversser(m): 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
at least the pool was open to all. i can't see the reason(s) why those condemning instead of commending the gentleman of God refused to vote for their own men.
Sir, more unction to function well.
joy to me, i refuse to be a fool!!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by canversser(m): 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2009
at least the pool was open to all. i can't see the reason(s) why those condemning instead of commending the gentleman of God refused to vote for their own men.
Sir, more unction to function well.
joy to me, i refuse to be a fool!!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by omobaba101(m): 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ Ibime, MrCrackles,chinesedoll, Sam Milla, and  others in this company,
I have watched you several times that you make irrational contribution when it involves Pastors/Christian or Christianity. You have really turned to blackmail to drive home your point when it is unreasonable. If you are going to question the process that made Pastor Adeboye scored over 30%, while your mentor - Aliko couldn't score 2%, then you are going to say the poll altogether is not worth it. For the fact that you are always expressing your anger when it affects these issues (Pastors/Christian or Christianity) anytime is mentioned shows that you have the psychology of a defeated person as far as those things are concerned. If Pastor Adeboye has not made a mark, why don't you just ignore whenever his name or other Pastor's name is mentioned? Will you care to reply in a link that discusses your gate man? My Antichrist friends, you may not like his face, you can't ignore him. Simple.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Emperoh(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2009
tkb417:

and whats ur point?
His point is that the voters do not reflect a good number of Nigerian opinions.
TKB for the love of intelligence and comparing those nominated on that list, do you think Adeboye deserves to win?

Has he done more for Nigeria than the likes of Chinua Achebe?
Methinks his being there is more of religious sentiment than pure achievement.
Heck. . . Kanu has more achievement tha Adeboye!!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by richjohn1(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2009
Yepari paaa, shocked Nigerians has killed me

how is Adebole better than PAPILO that has saved the lives of countless children with heart problem from his heart foundation. that scammer is still being worshiped by people, awww I pity this country cry

I thought it was the leaders that has problem in nigeria before I see clearly the populace has a bigger problem (you can guess what it is 'religion')
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2009
His point is that the voters do not reflect a good number of Nigerian opinions.
TKB for the love of intelligence and comparing those nominated on that list, do you think Adeboye deserves to win?

Has he done more for Nigeria than the likes of Chinua Achebe?
Methinks his being there is more of religious sentiment than pure achievement.
Heck. . . Kanu has more achievement tha Adeboye!!!
Emperoh baba!!

I dont care who wins!!!!!!!!!!
my problem is the way they are attacking the man cos he won a poll
what did he do wrong? winning the poll?

anybody can win and i wont give a hoot!
Put Soludo there as the winner and ill be here defending anybody who attacks him
We too like to dey bring people down even when we havent done a tenth of what these people have done

these people are super people, kanu, gani, Soyinka or Ojukwu. These are people who in history can never be forgotten so why cry hoax cos one of them is winning a poll. Has he won a presidency post? NO
so can we just relax and stop all the unnecessary applesauce

Emperoh, any of the shortlisted can win the poll.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kwajay(m): 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2009
d list of nominees is full of shit. In as much as it contains names of terrorist like obj & ojukwu. Why isn't ibb's name on d list so dat we'll all knw its a blacklist of terrorist dey hve nominated. I'm not soo surprised if d heads of vanguard & silverbird attends adeboye's congregation or wants favour 4rm dangote. Pple lyk kanu & gani might b ok 4 d award. I wnt 2 stress dat dis award was conductd 4 lagos, some southern states & abj and not 4 naija as a whole. I hve neva seen on tv, d advert of dis award here in d north. So its best if we call it LAGOS LIVING LEGEND AWARD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Senate Release Names Of Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries / Voters Registration Begins April 27 – INEC / Gbade Ojo Urges Tinubu To Reconcile With Afenifere Ahead Of 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.