Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Brief Explanation Of Awon Goons Mi'by A Famous Rapper Olamide. Check Out!. - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Brief Explanation Of Awon Goons Mi'by A Famous Rapper Olamide. Check Out!. (3691 Views)

Yoruba Rappers.. Awon Eyan Baddo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brief Explanation Of Awon Goons Mi'by A Famous Rapper Olamide. Check Out!. by Jomrichy1(m): 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2016
AWON GOONS MI "GOONS" another Word for "FRIENDS"? "Got this write up from a young friend and deemed it fit to circulate " I have been pondering on this phrase..."A won Goons Mi" as i have heard some of my Teenagers and even Adults use it when referring to their Friends. Some of them go like "Shout out s'awon goons mi" or Awon goons mi ni yen" and they say it with so much attitude. So i do my research on what the Word "GOONS" mean. According to the Oxford Dictionary, 'Goon' first carried the meaning "stupid person" (circa 1921). 'Goons' means a Silly, deliberately Foolish or Eccentric Person, an awkward Foolish/ stupid person, an aggressive and Violent Young Criminal, a Thug hired to eliminate or terrorize opponents. Secondly, I learnt it became more popular amongst young adults in Nigeria because Olamide a hip hop Musician released a song on it which made me more curious that i had to get some of the Lyrics: * "Shout out s’awon goons mi [ Shout out to my Thug guys] * Awon eruku mi [My Devil incarnate ] * Awon loni kin ma para toni keeping cool mi [ Na them Say Make I no Vex Say make I Keeping cool ] * so bi gobe shele ninu hood mi [ So if Trouble happen for my hood ] * Teba gbo bajinotu ema rawon goons mi [ if you hear gunshot You will see my Thug guys ] * Bajinotu kan fawon goons mi [ One Gunshot for my Thug guys ] poka * Bajinotu meji fawon goons mi [ Two Gunshot for my Thug guys ] poka poka * Bajinotu orisirisi komalo [ Different kind of Gunshot for my Thug guys ] * Bajinotu bajinotu bajinotu bajinotu bajinotu o [Gunshot Gunshot Gunshot Gunshot Gunshot o ] * Olopa o le mawon goons mi e ma sa te bari mopol [Police can’t catch my Thug Guys Don’t run when you see mopol ] * Awon nan gan silekun fole [ they are the ones opening door for thieves ] * They dont wanna see the boy rolling mo n rap , mo n korin ,.mo n kingin , mo n wole [ Am Rapping, Am singing, Am kinging Am Shutting down every where ]" Very interesting Lyrics i must say..So much for Curse Words and the Instigation of Violence. Yet so appealing to some Ignorant young ones and even many Adults. So here's my advice: Please the next time you hear people use a Word, phrase or Slang, don't try to feel among by using it, without first finding out the meaning, as using words carelessly isn't in vogue anymore. Also Don't Forget, "Your WORDS CREATE YOUR WORLD!!!!
Re: Brief Explanation Of Awon Goons Mi'by A Famous Rapper Olamide. Check Out!. by Flashysounds: 6:43am On Jan 31, 2016
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!

Record a song for #6000 with free online promotion and shoot your video for as low as #60,000 with free online promotion which also involves promoting your video on youtube for free. Both audio production and video production will get bbm and whatsapp broadcast,also promoted on facebook and twitter for free. You can also contact us for jingle recordings,Mixing, Mastering,Consultation Services,voice overs, training on music production to become a professional music producer,training on how to be a professional DJ, training on musical instruments of your choice, voice training and other Entertainment services. . You can also contact us for cheap and affordable music promotions like alaba mix,online,radio/tv,caller tunez, interviews,affordable advert placement for your kind of business, website creation,Logo/ graphics design, creation of artist page,etc at cheaper and affordable fees you can't resist.
INTERESTED?
For bookings and enquiries,do contact 07032617747 Or 09098639991. We are here to render to you the best of quality service.

NOTE
Promo ends on the 29th of February,2016.

(1) (Reply)

Videos: Vector's Record-breaking Freestyle Fury / ++++++ Congratulations : Obesemf Is Lord Of The Rings 2015 ++++++ / Nairaland Rap Battle Section Awards Nomination List 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.